Thread: Why Sega needs to make the DreamCast 2

Lightbulb Why Sega needs to make the DreamCast 2

People are getting bored of the SonyPlaystation, Nintendo this Nintendo that, and the Xbox-360 soon to be 720.

Games maker seems to be making the same games over and over with nothing good of a feeling like the old school days. The Dreamcast was and always will be a legend of advancement in the gaming age until the SonyPS2.
    I don't even know what I'm saying but I'm pretty sure people are getting bored of the same games over and over and something good needs to make it return to re vitalize the gaming industry just like how Nintendo made up for Atari so very few decades ago.

Here's a video demonstrating just how excellent it would be for the return of something good.

Last edited by SweetSourSalt; 01-06-13 at 04:02 PM.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. It seems like your issue is with games, not the consoles. If your issue is with how creative or bland video games have become these days, it's not really a console problem.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I'm not sure what you are talking about. It seems like your issue is with games, not the consoles. If your issue is with how creative or bland video games have become these days, it's not really a console problem.

Well but I would like to play the conclusion to the Shenmue series on the Dreamcast system. It would be lame if they were to make the ending on the PS3/XBox/Wii.

It was boring enough that they made Shenmue 2 on the MSXbox but there was hope since they did made it on the dreamcast also.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    Well but I would like to play the conclusion to the Shenmue series on the Dreamcast system. It would be lame if they were to make the ending on the PS3/XBox/Wii.

It was boring enough that they made Shenmue 2 on the MSXbox but there was hope since they did made it on the dreamcast also.
    Is there a difference, if the ending is the same?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

As a former dreamcast owner, I miss the dreamcast as well. The games just aren't the same on other consoles. They aren't as smooth and the creativity of the games are missing for some reason. Perhaps it has to do with the process of porting it? or perhaps the culture of the company has changed because they don't make the console?

I miss powerstone on dreamcast...

Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast have small special features that the original MSBox version doesn't have. It just make the game more entertaining.

Like this.........

Sega has really gone down the tubes over the years.

I can't believe that the last Sega title I really loved (Bayonetta) is going be a Wii-U exclusive in it's next installment!
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    Sega has really gone down the tubes over the years.

I can't believe that the last Sega title I really loved (Bayonetta) is going be a Wii-U exclusive in it's next installment!

But if they come back with Dreamcast 2 than it will probably be something great just like how Bork Laser came back and the crowd went wild.

Many people who played shenmue are awaiting the final chapters plus the awesomeness that Sega bring.

But if they come back with Dreamcast 2 than it will probably be something great just like how Bork Laser came back and the crowd went wild.
    Probably more like when Hogan came back to the WWE... i.e. heaps of nostalgia but a dud in the end.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Many people have said that the games on the Dreamcast also enter the person dream.
    Last edited by SweetSourSalt; 01-14-13 at 11:49 PM.

I just realized that your video says "Bork Laser return and beat up green man"... when I first saw the image I just assumed it said Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena but I suppose "Bork Laser return and beat up green man" sounds better

-KotOR