Thread: HKTV?

Default HKTV?

So I just saw there's now a new company in Hong Kong rivaling that of TVB. Their sales presentation clip seemed very fresh and interesting! Not to mention, the cinematography looked way better than TVB's. Anyone know if this new HKTV channel is free or is it cable? If free, do we need a new forum section? Hehe.

Looks like a lot of old TVB artistes were poached by HKTV. It's nice to see Noel Leung and Felix Wong back. I looked their presentation clips and they seem to cover a lot of different genres - including a lot of supernatural/horror dramas. One thing that sticks out is that they seem more like short dramas, or movie trailers than full length dramas (20+ episodes).

-SC

Compare this to TVB's sales presentation for 2013:

-SC

It seems like the owner of HKTV, Ricky Wong, was also the owner of ATV... Let's hope his channel does well this time. Anyone know if this channel is already live? Are there any new dramas already broadcasting?

I really liked the trailer for that newspaper company drama. It felt like it had some good potential.
    Last edited by Sakuya; 01-14-13 at 01:24 AM.

One of the trailer look like My Date with a Vampire from ATV

Default Real surgery for HKTV medical drama

Assuring great quality for their dramas, competitive new television station, CTI HKTV revealed that they will be filming a real surgery in one of their debut dramas, "The Three-Faced Doctors".

According to Jayne Stars website, the production crew behind "The Three-Faced Doctors", a drama about a group of plastic surgeons, revealed that for the first time in Hong Kong television history, they have hired real models to undergo actual cosmetic surgeries and film inside an operating room to witness a double-eyelid surgery.
    Former TVB actor, Frankie Lam, who had to film the double-eyelid procedure that day, revealed, "On the day of filming, all of the cast and crew had to get disinfected before we could enter the operation room. The surgery typically took three hours, but with the nature of filming, we had to stay in the room for over ten hours!"

The "Witness to a Prosecution" actor also disclosed that his plastic surgeon role is one of his most difficult roles to portray, but at the same time, he is very satisfied working with HKTV.

Frankie stated, "I have enough time to rest. The time I get to prepare for my role is also much more than what TVB gave me. Before filming, I had to take some classes with a professional doctor. I needed to learn how to give injections and learn the proper way to hold surgical instruments. We spent a lot of time to prepare for this drama. I still get to earn more when working in mainland China, but HKTV's price is close and it allows me to spend more time with my family."

Investing more than HKD 1 million per episode for their dramas, CTI HKTV aims to produce the best quality television, a challenge to its biggest rival, TVB, that has been constantly criticised for its lacklustre and poor production.

source
    They also seem to be one upping TVB in production value and money spent!

HK ATV

They should remake the Vampire Expert series.

finally another vampire action series. looks cool, anyone know the title? and the last series, looks pretty gory for a chinese tv series. didn't expect it to show that much gore on chinese tv.

really glad this is like atv n tvb n mainland china combine. more higher quality, just need them to reel in more veteran actors

Very excited for this new network - just not sure how to access their shows in the USA. Does anyone even know their website?

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Very excited for this new network - just not sure how to access their shows in the USA. Does anyone even know their website?
    Here is their official website.

http://www.ctihk.tv/

I believe they were just issued their free-to-air license?

When is the one of the series in the trailer coming out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiRRuCEpsY

new vampire series looks good, when is this series going to be coming out? this new channel are they gonna be doing any wuxia series or period dramas?

I think they're mainly focusing on the shows that they featured in the presentation. The only other one I know that was not featured in that clip is "My Mom is Black Rose" starring Kara Hui as Black Rose. I think that's a modern drama though. They posted some interview clips on HKTV's Facebook page.

No set date yet on when dramas would air. Actually, not even a start date yet for the channel!

a little island east of america and west of europe

They are still fighting for their free-to-air licence at the moment and HKSAR government are dragging their feet.
    I think the owner and some of the artistes are planning a Chinese New Year protest on Sunday to try and push the government into issuing the licence soon, but the Chief Executive has said that the process is 'too complicated' to be hurried.

Quote Originally Posted by Em View Post
    They are still fighting for their free-to-air licence at the moment and HKSAR government are dragging their feet.
    I think the owner and some of the artistes are planning a Chinese New Year protest on Sunday to try and push the government into issuing the licence soon, but the Chief Executive has said that the process is 'too complicated' to be hurried.

Oh, I thought they had already issued the license. That sucks then. But isn't it a risk they already started filming all these series and hired all these artists? What if they don't get the license? How else will they broadcast?

this station seems pretty cool, i hope they can get more old tvb/atv actors and make some new good wuxia series. still no release date on these series?

They released 5-minute teaser segments for 2 of their series today and yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x-7lPRzXsE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPNp9is3FS4

They look really really good if you compare it to TVB! Cinematography is pretty nice, something that TVB didn't have, and the lighting is pretty realistic. The flow especially in the second one with the idol drama is a bit odd but I think that's because this is just a segment of clips and not a continuous clip. The dialogue in the second one is a bit weak IMO.

But it really shows promise. I'm so disappointed they still haven't gotten their license. Ridiculous!

Yay, William So!

"Wait a minute! Of Course! That's it! If I'm drunk I'll be calm and if I'm calm I'll be nice, and if I'm nice then I won't go to hell. Fix me a highball I'm going to get good and tight!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    this station seems pretty cool, i hope they can get more old tvb/atv actors and make some new good wuxia series. still no release date on these series?
    YES! Need some good old wuxia :P

Quote Originally Posted by shangster View Post
    YES! Need some good old wuxia :P
    Yeah, hopefully they will produce slow hand to hand combat wuxia serials based on novels that haven't adapt to serial. I hate the remakes and superman/magician style wuxia serials.