Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Qing 《步步惊情》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Sun Yi Zhou

I totally agree with you. Si Yu is the most likeable out of all the characters. But he feels more like a younger brother for ZX, they don't really match.

And I sort of got impatient after watching TVB episode 32 so I went and skimmed through the edited China version. Why does Jack kiss ZX's coworker?! I thought Jack was... That totally doesn't make sense and is so out of place. ~_~

I'm only at episode 20 and I chuckle real hard at the epic drama moments.

Agree! Si Yu would look weird with ZX (even though they were cute in Xuan Yuan Jian, LSS style is older here). He fits the role of 14th prince really well though...the poor puppy who loves ZX/RX but doesn't get his love returned.

I guess I've been following BBJQ promos, etc. too closely and kinda suspected/assumed that that co-worker girl is supposed to go with Jack so I actually never thought he was gay. He could be one of those guys who act flamboyantly and like girls...I had a prof that was like that LOL. We were all really surprised when he told us he had a wife and kids.

Eh, Jiang Jin Fu (or whoever the actor who played Si Yu is) has played with SS before?

I agree that Si Yu is my fave character, actually, along with Huang Di. I mean, in real life, it would be hard for me to root for YZ, tho I admire his transformation. In real life, I would root for Si Yu, and keep Huang Di as my best mate.

Yeah, the scene with Jack and that girl wasn't played well I think. It's just too sudden, unless the TVB ver has more details on the relationship development between the two. I like Jack, and I think the actor (always forgot his name...) played Jack well. But that office girl, IMO she's just one of those pretty faces who can't really act, sadly...

Btw, I decide that, commercial ad-wise, I prefer ancient drama than modern drama. In ancient drama, it would be hard to blatantly display the sponsors. I mean, I can't imagine Kang Xi talked to his ministers through an iPhone or a Samsung Galaxy. But in BBJQ, I count at least three major sponsors already: Samsung, Audi, and Rio. Assuming that alcoholic drink Rio is a real brand. But then again, why wouldn't it be a real brand, with it appearing in every possible scene?? At least Samsung's and Audi's appearances were normal, sort of. They do need to call people and go out n about with cars.

YZ did feel guilty toward his dad thats why he broke drown after his dead. he blamed himself and later when SiHan wanted YZ to drink up the liquor (SiHan is setting a trap here). YZ drank it to honor his stepdad. He also gave up the Corporation to SiHan as well. I mean, he wanted to retreat and move away from Beijing to live elsewhere quietly with ZhangXiao. I think that's enough for me. Even when SiHan doing whatever he can to hurt YZ, he understands and didn't even bother to fight back. I think that's enough

For whatever reason, I like YZ and even like him more in the 2nd half. I like SiYu too but I just don't like SiHan. I think he is a whimp and can't deal with problems. Like to blamed on people and hurt people for his own revenge
    ***~~~Huang Yi RULES~~~***

<<<BOWIE & FLORA 4EVA>>>

You know, I've been delaying watching the last scenes of the last episode (English translated), because I just couldn't stand YZ n ZX crying like that. It brought back the memory of BBJX. I could only watch the last episodes of BBJX once; I couldn't do that for the second time...

I'm on episode 35 of TVB version. I don't like Si Han anymore, his revenge is being taken to new levels and I don't sympathize at all. And since when did he care so much about his dad again? Back then he was so adamant on joining his company and claiming him as his father. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any episodes. I feel like I want to stop watching already. Just a few more to go...

By the way, anyone seen this? Movie version of BBJX green lit.

http://www.jaynestars.com/movies/bu-...ion-confirmed/

I'm confused why they feel the need to recreate the TV series when it was already good to begin with. You think this would be simply a re-cut version of the TV series in a condensed format? If it's going to be a new production, how would it differ? Does anyone know if the TV series was a good adaptation of the novel? What more could they add to it or change it? Does the ban on time travel stories not apply to movies?
    Last edited by Sakuya; 06-19-14 at 04:18 AM.

About Si Han's change, techinically we can blame it to him being beaten and buried alive, that's why he got that constant headache? But I'd say it's the not-so-good writing... They did hire two different screen writers for the first half and the second half of the series, that could explain the incoherence.

But yeah, the transition isn't convincing. Not as convincing as the transition that happened to 8th prince or 4th prince...

I have heard that jaynestar isn't a credible source, so perhaps we need to take the news with a lot of salt?

For those that finished the drama already, was it explained anywhere why Si Han hates YZ since they were little? I know there was that fight for the mother's box that got him kicked out but they don't explain that. At least not yet.

And that scene where Si Han vents to ZX about how she "betrayed" him and went with YZ. Jeez, grow up and be a man. ~_~ There is no class in this drama... I'm so disappointed with how this sequel turned out. It had so much potential.

Yeah, I start to think the best thing that came out of BBJQ is that it gave Nicky n Shishi to meet again for a few months and develop/rekindle their feelings, and this started dating. Which is a good thing, of course. But BBJQ had so much potentials on its own, and it didn't live up to it...

BBJQ will air on a Singapore TV channel from July 1st, that is 2year 5months after the original BBJX which got me started.

The TV station subcontracted the subtitles to a very good media company. I'm always impressed with their translation of very deep historical words and items.

you know we have a missing scene between YZ and ZX. remember the bicycle scene. what happen to that… I want to see that scene~~

<<<BOWIE & FLORA 4EVA>>>

I know a lot of people are disappointed in this drama, but I think we need to appreciate the goods in this drama. Like the fact that Mr.Wu is alway roaming around in top-notched suits and outfits, looking sexy 24/7. LoL seriously though, there were so many scenes that I was just in awe of how handsome he was, even when he I hated him. His wardrobe / hair person for bbjq needs a raise.

I just finished TVB version ep. 39 finale. It's pretty much the same as the China version. There is no more mention at all about the past life. I am really disappointed because I expected that they would reference the past life more but here, it's really used as just a back drop for ZX.

But if I were to treat it as its own drama, it's still a bit of a train wreck because there's so much happening and it tries to do so much at the same time. The finale in itself had 3 endings and pretty much the whole episode was spent on the part where YZ became blind and ZX trying to find him but it becomes a moot point since it was just a dream. Plus, before the "real" ending, they show ZX being rushed to somewhere on her hospital bed so what did that mean? She took a turn for the worse? The fact that it has 3 endings seems kind of lazy on their part because they couldn't decide on an ending...

The acting on the other hand was very good, props to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by MsKashie View Post
    I know a lot of people are disappointed in this drama, but I think we need to appreciate the goods in this drama. Like the fact that Mr.Wu is alway roaming around in top-notched suits and outfits, looking sexy 24/7. LoL seriously though, there were so many scenes that I was just in awe of how handsome he was, even when he I hated him. His wardrobe / hair person for bbjq needs a raise.
    I think you are right, Ms Kashie. I need to be fair here. The downside of this drama is the story, which can be so incoherent, and isn't helped by omitting the time travel side. But the wardrobe was great, main actors n actresses were amazing (Longshi n Damian Lau particularly, also ZX's dad n YZ's mum).

But I still agree with Sakuya that the three endings (two dreams and one real one) is a bit of an overkill...). Oh well. At least we got loads of Longshi moments here (the dumpling, cycling and teeth-brushing scenes were some of my fave...)
    Last edited by Icha Parvati; 06-25-14 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsKashie View Post
    I'm with you on this. Nicky screen presence is woahhh….love it, i don't think i hate his character at all. He have his reason and i just want to see how it play out and his redemption. He's a good man and a very handsome one as well.

<<<BOWIE & FLORA 4EVA>>>

So what do you think, Jennie? have you finished watching it?

I had finished the series a while ago and I do watch it occasionally just of LONGSHI's scenes….mostly the 2nd half. The more I watch it the more I love LONGSHI..hahahaaha

<<<BOWIE & FLORA 4EVA>>>