Thread: Legendary Swordsman and Flower Guarding Bells

Default Legendary Swordsman and Flower Guarding Bells

Does anyone have these two translations from the now defunct Wuxiasociety?

I think the first one is called Legendary Swordsman... or maybe something Longsword? It's the one with Zhang Bai whose only clue to his father's killers is bag of random items.

Both had been translated into English in their entirety or close to it.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

I think you are talking about Swordman Journey by Gu Long. Here is a link http://warzone.2morpg.com/f11-wuxia-translation

Quote Originally Posted by kephrenh View Post
    I think you are talking about Swordman Journey by Gu Long. Here is a link http://warzone.2morpg.com/f11-wuxia-translation
    Yes, that's the one! I've been looking for these ever since Wuxiasociety went dark. Thanks!

Is the admin "Magic" there the same person as "Yufeng" from the Wuxiasociety? I noticed that Flower Guarding Bells is also there.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

You're welcome. Dunno if it is the same admin. Wuxiasociety went dark before I found this site.

It looks like that site only has the first chapter to Flower Guarding Bells. Searching around it looks like there's a commercial version of it by Edmund Shen. It seems to be available on both Kindle and Nook.

I wonder if this Edmund Shen is the guy (Yufeng) who originally did the translation on WuxiaSociety or if it's just someone who scraped the translation from there. I'd like to support Yufeng's efforts if it is him but I don't want to support some guy who is just ripping off translations done by others, and selling them.

I seem to recall news of him publishing Flower Guarding Bells but now I can't find it. Wonder if he also published Swordsman's Journey. I seem to recall asking him if he was going to back fill the first 3 chapters but I don't know if he ever did.

-KotOR

Long time reader in the bg, dont ask me how long, but lets just say VERY LONG.

I think it's about time I gave something back.

i have a copy of Flower Guarding Bells by Gu Long that I think was translated by Yufeng. I forgot where I got it. But if anyone would like a copy...I'm not sure if I'm breaking any rules here...if I am, please tell me and I won't share it.

I just wanted to put something that had disappeared - back into the English-speaking wuxia community.

Hi,
    I'd be interested too, (as you said, if it isn't against forum rules)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsong123 View Post
    Long time reader in the bg, dont ask me how long, but lets just say VERY LONG.

I think it's about time I gave something back.

i have a copy of Flower Guarding Bells by Gu Long that I think was translated by Yufeng. I forgot where I got it. But if anyone would like a copy...I'm not sure if I'm breaking any rules here...if I am, please tell me and I won't share it.

I just wanted to put something that had disappeared - back into the English-speaking wuxia community.

Just go thro' this link.. and read all the posts..

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...n#.UQETdKxpKBk

this is the link where chickenfeet posted a portion of the translation, ( chickenfeet and temujin being the adminstrators of wuxiasocity )

Again the best person to speak is han solo or ren wo xing they are the adminstrators..
    The problem is the book is already published.. so it may affect the sales of the existing book..
    but as far as i remember Yufeng is magnanimous not to remove the translation from wuxiasocity even after the book is published for a long time.. We just miss it because wuxiasocity is down..

So...any of the admins would like to advise me on yay or nay?

Swordman Journey by Gu Long translations appears to be a bit incomplete. I don't understand chinese text, so I used a text to speech program and it REALLY made a lot of the story much more understandable & enjoyable.

I hope they make a series/movie from this book...

Hi everyone, it's been a bit quiet in the forums lately but I completely forgot to check my private messages and that I had gotten a reply from an admin saying its a gray area to share copy. So Ive uploaded it to an anonymous server. Sorry for the delay, but enjoy ^_^.

P.S. If someone complains, I'll be happy to take it off myself or have admin do it.

Anyways, may I present to you: The Flower Guarding Bell by Gu Long (translated by Yufeng at Wuxiasociety.org)

https://anonfiles.com/file/961f59fa6...c6307dd032cb1a

Hiya,

Yufeng here. Actually I can't remember my id here. Just reset the password and gonna the ID.

Hi Darkcser and LittleEli =)

I given Kidd to use the translation to post on River and Streams, and the new Wuxiasociety. Sorry for replying late as I quite forgetful of my passwords, some emails i seldom use too except for playing games. Apparently some have managed to leave me a msg on facebook but i only saw it like a few months to one year time.

Kephrenh: You just found a closed forum where a group of friends and I used for testing contents and games. Usually no one knows about it as the naming kept changing. I post my old translations there for reference reading and passage arrangement checking.

I can't remember if the Flower Guarding Bells is the latest revision although the Swordsman Journey is (missing 6-8 chapters in the end). However, I stopped doing spell and word checking after chapter 10 due to time constraint. That link is suppose to be a cleaning up process when i am done with it however, I really do not have much time.

You guys can help me post again on SPC, these two translation totaled over 1000 pages, so it quite a lot of reposting.

The Flower Guarding Bells have always been free to download. There was a link at wuxiasociety. And I got permission from New Cosmos to reprint the translation as a promo book, the book is strictly for those that wants to collect it while the e-book is absolutely free. So don't worry about sales as I don't earn any. The translations are all free,

Cheers!
    Last edited by Avidfan; 07-10-13 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post

Wonder if he also published Swordsman's Journey. I seem to recall asking him if he was going to back fill the first 3 chapters but I don't know if he ever did.
    I forget the first three chapters xD

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    I forget the first three chapters xD
    Hey YuFeng,

It's been a while. Good to see you here.

Have you tried Age of Wushu (the MMO)? It's very wuxia-themed, and pretty impressive in scope. I played a bit of the English beta before I was distracted by FC3 and TR. Been meaning to go back to it but I just bought Borderlands 2.

-KotOR

I played both the English and Chinese versions of Age of Wushu for a while but didnt go into much indepth. It was 九阴真经 in mandarin. I think Shaolin is a tanker class is the best though xD while Emei is a healer class.

What is FC3 and TR?

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    I played both the English and Chinese versions of Age of Wushu for a while but didnt go into much indepth. It was 九阴真经 in mandarin. I think Shaolin is a tanker class is the best though xD while Emei is a healer class.

What is FC3 and TR?
    Does the game actually have 九阴真经 as a skill you can learn? I played a "Scholar" character in the beta but stopped after I picked up a large number of items that I didn't know what to do with. As far as I could see there was no way to store items for later, and the inventory expanding bags I had would expire in a few days. Not very pack rat friendly...

Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider -two games that share a striking amount of similarity between the stealth kills and being mauled by wild animals. The Steam Summer sale is still on so I'll probably end up picking up more games that I don't have time for. I just bought RPGMaker VX Ace and a bunch of tile sets this morning... maybe I'll create a RPG about herding cats when I have some time.

-KotOR

Dear avidfan, tq. But I can't find the link you mentioned to download the free e-book of the flower guarding bells. Could you pls inform? Big thanks