View Poll Results: Which drama was better: Chinese Paladin or Chinese Paladin 3?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chinese Paladin

6 35.29%
  • Chinese Paladin 3

11 64.71%

Thread: Which drama was better: Chinese Paladin or Chinese Paladin 3?

Default Which drama was better: Chinese Paladin or Chinese Paladin 3?

Which drama was better: Chinese Paladin or Chinese Paladin 3? And why?

Why no number two paladin?

It is based on the video game & producers felt #2 had no viable story... so only 1 & 3...

There is no comparison.... Of course the 1st one... 2nd one goes all over the place trying to tell multiple storyline... They lost focus... Need to focus one or two points and stay with it... not hop all over the place and trying to "create/make-up" a connection between the disparate story lines....

Chinese Paladin 3 by a large margin.

1. Like Return of the Condor Heroes, Chinese Paladin is slow and pointless for the entire first half of the series. Doesn't even get remotely interesting until the second half. Of course, it's not AS horrible as RotCH.

2. Chinese Paladin 3 has a far superior cast (Yang Mi, Tiffany Tang, Wallace Huo ... no annoying Liu Yifei) ... and usually I love An Yixuan, but they actually managed to make her annoying in this series ... wow!

3. Both series have comparably great soundtracks, but the CP3 end theme by Hu Ge is the #1 song from both series.

4. Chong Lou and Xu Changqing are better than every character form the first series COMBINED.

5. Chinese Paladin 3 put more focus on Chinese mythology and had more of a "fantasy" feel.

6. Jing Tian/Fei Peng is nowhere near as ANNOYING as Li Xiaoyao.

7. Chinese Paladin 3 costumes are FAR better looking than the ugly crap they wore in the first one.

Chinese Paladin 3 FTW, but honestly ... that's not really saying much.

From what I've watched so far, Xuanyuan Jian: Scar of the Sky is superior to both (I'm not very far into the series, though).
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 02-07-13 at 06:52 PM.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

CP3 was far superior to me. The pacing was better (doesn't drag like CP1), story/character development, cast was much better.

Well series ruined because no number two.

Actually I think it is hard to say, I think if CP1 was shorten a bit, the story arc with the love triangle equals the story of Zi Xuan and Chang qing in CP3, wasn't much of a fan of Jing Tian, I have liked Li Xiao Yao much more. And Yang Mi's character was annoying. Though I got to say Long Yang was a nice character, I lied the story with him and his little sister, but only the flashbacks after that, i don't know wasn't much a fan of that thing. But I think ultimately if I can cut both dramas into pieces, I would choose the story between Zi Xuan and Chang Qing as the most memorable one and also the best story, but I guess the main reason is that this story was much more mature and I find mature love stories much more interesting.

I would have love Chinese Paladin much better if it wasn't for Liu Yi Fei...I really didn't like her. Her chemistry with Hu Ge couldn't compare with Ady An's.
    Chinese Paladin 3 was very good too, I liked Yang Mi as the OTP with Hu Ge. (I'm so glad Liu Yi Fei wasn't the main!), the series was very colorful and pretty. But I didn't really understand the ending and it was so sad!
    The OST from both was wonderful! I love the songs.
    I loved both series since I cried while watching them so I consider them good series. Not many dramas these day make me cry..

I can't believe I started watching Chinese Paladin 3 again today. I do have to say that I love the third one better because of the cast mostly. Of course my favorite character in the entire show is Xu Changqing. This was actually the first character I saw Wallace Huo portray and now going back to this show, he reminds me a lot of Bai zihua or should I say Bai zihua reminds me a lot of Xu Changqing. Here's a little info, the same guy dubbed both Wallace Huo's character in hua qian gu and Chinese paladin 3.