Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1452

Thread: The Romance of the Condor Heroes 《神雕侠侣》 - Chen Xiao, Michelle Chen

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Those who are mean will always be mean not not listen to wise words. Just like how Yang Gor was treated at the temple where Guo Jing sent him there to learn martial art.

    Song Dynasty have many who only want to have fun and it just feel like the many of today always looking to be entertained. It like it's not a wonder that the mainland was conquered so easily by outsider.

  2. #82
    Senior Member Dragon Heiress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The vast Jianghu.
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    Those who are mean will always be mean not not listen to wise words.
    It isn't in anyone's place to call one's own words wise.
    Also, this is a forum and we're discussing a TV show. Is it a crime to want to be entertained?
    You're making references to completely irrelevant things.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    346

    Default

    ROTCH is set in the song dynasty era?

  4. #84
    Senior Member Dragon Heiress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The vast Jianghu.
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    ROTCH is set in the song dynasty era?
    That doesn't make it relevant because, as I said, "this is a forum and we're discussing a TV show". Of course, unless you're making general social commentary completely irrelevant to the nature of this forum and the Chinese TV industry, which was what was being discussed.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    346

    Default

    But the thread topic here is also to discuss about return of the condor heroes and well......song dynasty era is part of return of the condor heroes.

    It seems some doesn't want some to say anything at all.

  6. #86
    Senior Member Dragon Heiress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The vast Jianghu.
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    It seems some doesn't want some to say anything at all.
    Which is obviously why I'm saying things, right?

    So you were making a general commentary about the Song dynasty rather than anything in particular? Whatever floats your boat, but I just don't see how that's any more valuable of a contribution than kayden starting the thread. Anyway, I'm out.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    346

    Default

    In ROTCH there are those who will never understand the wisdom of kublai khan.

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedora28 View Post
    Im sorry but I don't really think Chen Xiao can pull off the role of YG.,
    Well, let's hope he does because the casting for Yang Guo is already set and Chen Xiao is it.

    Based on his acting so far from XAJH, I think he can pull off the solemn/mature side of Yang Guo, but not the playful/witty side when he first leaves XLN and their cave. But, I guess we'll see when it airs next year.

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RYYfan View Post
    Well, let's hope he does because the casting for Yang Guo is already set and Chen Xiao is it.

    Based on his acting so far from XAJH, I think he can pull off the solemn/mature side of Yang Guo, but not the playful/witty side when he first leaves XLN and their cave. But, I guess we'll see when it airs next year.
    Half of his job will be taken up by XLN. Since YZ says she'll be a bit flirty/playful/witty here.

  10. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by State of Divinity View Post
    Half of his job will be taken up by XLN. Since YZ says she'll be a bit flirty/playful/witty here.

    I can sense me puking to XLN's character (like I did with RYY in XAJH). XLN is suppose to be this cold expressless beauty that knows nothing about love and the outside world after having to live all her life in isolation. How the hell can someone develop a playful witty character after having living with 4 walls all her life ( unles she is a psychopath that likes to flirt and seduce the bees and birds around her). If compare Chen Xiao to Louis Koo, he cant even compare to looks and acting, but if you compare him to Wang Xiao Min in his version (I thought YG was a retarded 3 year), I'm, sure CX will do just fine (despite his looks and little figure). I think Liu Shi Shi will fit XLN if (she was written to be the normal one according to the novel). She has a way of making the viewers fall for her charms. She might not look exceptionally beautiful at the first glare, but I think her beauty grows on you the more you look at her. I especially like how she has this cold express on her face which will be a perfect attribute to XLN's character.
    Last edited by bluedora28; 02-28-13 at 10:19 AM.

  11. #91
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedora28 View Post
    I can sense me puking to XLN's character (like I did with RYY in XAJH). XLN is suppose to be this cold expressless beauty that knows nothing about love and the outside world after having to live all her life in isolation. How the hell can someone develop a playful witty character after having living with 4 walls all her life ( unles she is a psychopath that likes to flirt and seduce the bees and birds around her). If compare Chen Xiao to Louis Koo, he cant even compare to looks and acting, but if you compare him to Wang Xiao Min in his version (I thought YG was a retarded 3 year), I'm, sure CX will do just fine (despite his looks and little figure). I think Liu Shi Shi will fit XLN if (she was written to be the normal one according to the novel). She has a way of making the viewers fall for her charms. She might not look exceptionally beautiful at the first glare, but I think her beauty grows on you the more you look at her. I especially like how she has this cold express on her face which will be a perfect attribute to XLN's character.
    I also think that LSS will make great XLN, but given this is YZ production, the chance of LSS casted as XLN is even less than the probability of china becoming a democracy country. .

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,030

    Default

    i really want hu ge as yang guo and gu li na za as xln. is hu ge still with tangren? hu ge really need these wuxia series and broaden his versatility as an actor.

  13. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    346

    Default

    They should at least tell the story of Wong Chung Yeung and Lam Chiu Ying with greatness during the visit between Guo Jing and the taoist when guo jing bring yang gor to the taoist.




  14. #94
    Senior Member NuDaFu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedora28
    To: SweetSourSalt if you have nothing nice to say or cant stick with the topic, why do you wish to start trouble and make it hard on ppl that actually come here to enjoy themselves. Its cause of ppl like you that no one wants to stay in the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress
    Anyway, I'm out.
    I hope Dragon Heiress doesn't go for good - she's an insightful poster. If she does go for good, what bluedora28 predicted has happened, and I don't want it to be repeated.

    @SweetSourSalt: Your posting behaviour is trollish. Please, stop. It is not a personal attack. It is bringing awareness and definition to your behaviour. If you are unaware of what a troll is, please, google it. If you are happy to post with maturity and relevance in the future, I for one welcome your comments. If not, respect the presence and goodwill of others by politely leaving.

    Other posters: Don't encourage trollish behaviour by responding to inflammatory comments. Regardless of content, it's about attention seeking rather than questioning.

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong
    Although I'm wondering how come Jin Yong is giving so much leeway to China producers now. He kicked up such a fuss in the 1990s about TVB "butchering" his material. But now, with China producers like YZ, anything goes!
    I've been wondering this too. Then again, I don't think JY has much say in Chinese productions. His objections - if he had any - probably wouldn't hold against investors or SARFT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban
    they would really need to have better sword fight scenes instead of just using cgi, this isn't a video game, and state of divinity 2013 made it seem like i was watching cp series. its cool for that genre, but not for wuxia makes it look so cheesy.
    This is especially considering a ROTCH 2D game is being developed as we wind towards the start of ROTCH 2013 filming. CGI excess can stay in the game. I'm definitely in favour of combat between humans rather than lights in the new adaptation.

    And for once, I wish they'd show XLN's Tian Luo Di Mang with swords. That scene is crazy mad, and explains the whole point of earlier focus on XLN teaching YG TLDM.

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    346

    Exclamation

    My posting might seem offensive to some but by all means do I personal go bash on anyone.
    But it seems so many want to pick on me personally.

    Hey if some don't like me for not liking their favorite actor actress than I can't do anything about that.

    If some don't like me for talking about how I feel about some events than I can't do anything about that either.

    But by all means do I go personally bash on anyone.

    If some can post than why can't other? Why tell one to stop posting just because the person post something some do not like?

    Yang Gor would have felt the same being mistreated at the Taoist Temple where Guo Jing sent him. Why be mean?
    Last edited by SweetSourSalt; 03-02-13 at 06:10 AM.

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    267

    Default

    I really like LSS but she might not be beautiful enough to play XLN. I hope that TangRen will produce a remake of ROTCH. I do think that Hu GE or Eddy Peng might not make such a bad YG. Unpopular opinion, but I like ROTCH with LYF and XM. Yes, LYF was not the best actress, but she definitely has the etheral beauty for XLN. Even though, she was so much younger than XM, but I thought they have good chemistry together. But my favorite is the TVB version with Andy Lau. For me, he was the perfect YG. I like how the old version may not have superior CGI, but they have awesom fightin scenes. Sure, they used double, but in a not so dangerous fighting scenes, the actors actually fight. I prefer that to CGI to be honest.

    As for YZ production, I can already forsee that he will destroy it to a million pieces, and I will probably end up rooting YG with any other female characters except for XLN. I swear, if it was in North America, YZ would probably get sued left and right for his plagiarisms.

  17. #97
    Senior Member Vienne94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    351

    Default

    I'm with Faythe. I liked Liu Yi Fei as Xiao Long Nu even though she's not that great of an actress. That role just fit her perfectly. I was more disappointed with Huang Xiao Ming and the lack of chemistry between them. It felt more like puppy love and kinda shallow to me.

    Anyway it will be hard to find an actress as pretty as she was. I feel bad for any actress that has to step into her old roles actually. The media/social forums always compare the two and how the new actress can't compare to LYF in terms of looks. Hopefully YZ will not use his usual pool of mediocre actresses and find a new talent.

    I am not watching the new Swordman because I hate YZ productions in general (except for Schemes of a Beauty). I wish Tangren was producing this drama. They did a fantastic job with LOCH 2008 and I was hoping they continue with the trilogy.

  18. #98
    Member nouriKo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSourSalt View Post
    My posting might seem offensive to some but by all means do I personal go bash on anyone.
    But it seems so many want to pick on me personally.

    Hey if some don't like me for not liking their favorite actor actress than I can't do anything about that.

    If some don't like me for talking about how I feel about some events than I can't do anything about that either.

    But by all means do I go personally bash on anyone.

    If some can post than why can't other? Why tell one to stop posting just because the person post something some do not like?

    Yang Gor would have felt the same being mistreated at the Taoist Temple where Guo Jing sent him. Why be mean?
    Speaking of being mean, i kindly suggest you go and look in the mirror dear ^^

  19. #99
    Senior Member jadebunny9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hoppingland
    Posts
    2,321

    Default

    Back on topic, I really hope YZ doesn't cast YSS as XLN. That would just kill it.

  20. #100
    Senior Member Liu Xiao Xiao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,295

    Default

    Oppps....sorry wrong post


Similar Threads

  1. The Return Of The Condor Heroes 《神鵰俠侶》 (1995)
    By invisible_dolphinbay in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 222
    Last Post: 05-27-17, 11:48 PM
  2. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-14-17, 09:02 PM
  3. Replies: 2067
    Last Post: 05-27-16, 06:47 AM
  4. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 12-11-14, 06:27 AM
  5. Replies: 9364
    Last Post: 05-18-14, 10:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •