Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original Ending Of Return Of Condor Heroes

Default Original Ending Of Return Of Condor Heroes

I read somewhere that at first the ending in ROCH was pretty sad where actually Yang Guo never meet Xiao Lung Nu anymore because she was dead ? but because its too sad so there is the alternative ending like we know ( Yang Guo finally get together with Xiao Lung Nu )

Is it true since i have not watched or read that version ?

What was Jin Yong comment about it ?

It's all true. Frankly, it would have made a better ending that would have been more true to the overall spirit of the story.

Jin Yong published the familiar "cop out" happy ending we all know because he thought that a downer ending wouldn't sell. In purely commercial terms, he made the right decision, but I think he compromised the integrity of the story's ending quite a bit.

From what I understand from previous posts, the original ending was meant to be open ended / ambiguous, leaving YG to wait, with no confirmation of whether XLN died or survived (so no post 16yrs arc, I guess?). Seems somewhat similar to the nature of the ending in Flying Fox.

I remember that my cousin and I used to follow the ROCH comic by Wee Tian Beng, and the last volume before the post 16yr arc ended with the phrase "Let us wait for 16 yrs.." or something like that. This was after YG was cured of the Passion flower poison, taught his 2 sworn sisters, CY & LWS (or was it just LWS.. can't remember) the Ancient Tomb skills, and then disappeared to roam jianghu). My guess is that this was originally meant to be the end of the story. But since already we sort of knew how the story ended, we joked that we might have to wait 16 years before the next issue of the comic was released.

I knew that ROCH has 3 different versions, but I never heard about that "Original Ending".
    Is that a myth? Or JingYong had said about that?

I have to say that I've always hated the ending of Flying of the Snowy Mountains, and Ode to Gallantry for their lack of closure. SDXL was originally serialized in a newspaper so I'm guessing the story probably just ended without the reunion. Angry/rabid fans however have a lot of influence on serials -look at the "Save Daniel Jackson" campaign or the prolonged storyline to DBZ...

Destruction of artistic integrity? Yes. But the alternative is to be vilified and hated by your fan base (Mass Effect 3, I'm looking at you).
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Though the series is pretty interesting with the added episodes, I think I do like them not reuniting (for sure).

Or maybe end it where he jumps off the cliff, and briefly catch a glimpse of white clothing or something.

Hi guys, sorry to bring the topic again, but is there a link which has information about the version where Yang Guo and Xiao Lung Nu don't meet again.

Default ROCH Initial Finale

I understand that the actual ending of ROCH was that XLN died and Yang Guo married Guo Xiang. The yellow dress maiden was their grandchild?

At that point, I'm not sure HSDS was even a gleam in Jin Yong's eye yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryosuke View Post
    I understand that the actual ending of ROCH was that XLN died and Yang Guo married Guo Xiang. The yellow dress maiden was their grandchild?
    Nooooo!

Yang Guo married Guo Fu and Guo Xiang became a nun.

I am assuming that Guo Polu had a son too. After the Mongols took down xiangyang kublai khan hunted down the Guo's so that they would not rebel in the future. In order to protect the Guo family lineage, Zhang Sanfeng took in Guo Polu's son and name him Chang Cuishan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryosuke View Post
    Hmm, how did XLN die?

Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric One View Post
    Nooooo!Yang Guo married Guo Fu and Guo Xiang became a nun. I am assuming that Guo Polu had a son too. After the Mongols took down xiangyang kublai khan hunted down the Guo's so that they would not rebel in the future. In order to protect the Guo family lineage, Zhang Sanfeng took in Guo Polu's son and name him Chang Cuishan
    Hmm interesting take. So Zhang Wuji's real name is Guo Wuji?
    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Hmm, how did XLN die?
    I think she jumped off the passionless valley cliff and committed suicide?

Default YES ITS TRUE: That was JY's first draft

Can someone please help translate this...小龍女(40歲)從谷底出來後,和楊過(36歲)攜手回古墓隱居。每日裡練功,二人覺人生臻 美,小龍女更是快活。可造物弄人,小龍女的身體竟越來越差。楊過想到,是不是這半年沒吃白魚,身體內的毒物 重新發作了?於是,兩個人重回谷底,捉白魚吃。小龍女自見到楊過後,心境較以前不同。本來,心境快活與古墓 的修煉法門相悖,又由於半年沒吃白魚壓制體內毒素,致使毒素溢位經絡遊遍全身,即使運功療傷,也無法逼出毒 質。數月後的一天,楊龍二人相擁在谷底的石階上,龍女緩緩道:”過兒,你待我如此之好,我此生心願已足。我 死之後,你一定要平安地活下去。”楊過心痛道:”龍兒,千萬不能放棄,世上良醫甚多,定能醫好你的病。你真 若死了,我便陪你去。”龍女搖頭道:”過兒,你對我好,我知道。你的心中有一團火,我卻無法呼喚出來。不要 陪著我死,你這麼年輕,怎能陪我死。你若赴死,我在陰間定不饒你。”是夜,龍女瞑目而逝。楊過大慟,將龍女 葬於絕情谷底,守墓一年。一年後楊過出谷,浪跡天涯,漫無目的。一日,遇到一騎馬少婦,那少婦落寞之極,竟 是郭芙。郭芙見到楊過,先是吃了一驚,嘴中輕呼:”楊大哥…….”竟哽咽了,眼淚奪眶而出,隨後自覺失態, 將臉龐側轉過去。原來,蒙古的幾個大臣欲給耶律楚材平反,卻由於耶律齊身任丐幫幫主而不能平反。耶律齊知道 後心想,父親的名節是大事,一番矛盾之後,決定為蒙古效力。(《神鵰俠侶》已做好鋪墊,第二十四回原文:忽 必烈點頭,低聲道:「皇后信用奸邪,咱們須得事事小心。耶律宰相是大大的忠臣,一時受冤,日後必可平反…… 」)耶律齊暗中改組丐幫,學了降龍十八掌最後一招後,決定刺殺郭靖。失敗,受內傷,被黃蓉制服。黃蓉失望道 :”齊兒,為何如此?”耶律齊道:”先父遭奸人陷害,我此生必不能忠義兩全。忽必烈有意為先父平反,身為人 子,怎能不顧先父大節?”黃蓉為之感慨。屋外傳來郭芙焦急的叫聲:”齊哥怎麼啦?”耶律齊聽到後極為羞愧, 當下對黃蓉跪倒:”我既敗露,無面目苟活於世,只是對不起岳父、岳母,更加對不起芙妹。我死不足惜!”說完 一掌拍向自己的天靈蓋,黃蓉伸手去救,已然來不及,耶律齊身亡(歷史記載,耶律楚材在蒙哥死後第三年被平反 並追封為王)郭芙極度痛苦,欲自殺卻不忍爹孃傷心,又不想見人,一人騎馬離去,信馬由繮,一個月後形容枯槁 ,竟不知身處何地。楊過遇到郭芙,這兩個身心疲憊之人相互療傷,最終攜手。此時楊過38歲,郭芙33.5歲 。郭靖黃蓉見這倆個苦命的孩子走到一起,自是又悲又喜,將全身功夫傾囊以授。黃蓉一直知道郭襄對楊過用情至 深,恐郭襄不堪打擊,囑楊過、郭芙二人迴避郭襄,二人結合之事只有至親及丐幫高層知道。一天早晨,黃蓉叫來 楊過、郭芙,對郭芙道:”芙兒,你在軍中效力多年了,很辛苦。此後幾年你與過兒回古墓居住。你愛熱鬧,小籃 和翠兒是我新收的丫鬟,她兩個因戰亂家破,讓她兩個隨你一起去古墓吧。”郭芙本不願去古墓居住,但見母親不 挽留,只好含淚拜別。楊芙二人於終南山西北50餘里又處修建一處住所。耶律齊事發後,郭家上下對耶律燕雖不 懷疑,但耶律燕自感芥蒂已生,不願長期身處窘境,一人離去。其子尋母而去,終在西域定居。襄陽城破之前,朱 子柳感到襄陽終不能守,囑其後人也前往西域與世家兄弟處定居。(倚天中武青嬰、朱九真是兩家後人)襄陽城破 前兩年,郭靖黃蓉與楊芙商量鑄造倚天劍屠龍刀,楊芙二人獻出君子淑女劍,重劍。黃蓉打算將倚天劍傳與郭襄, 屠龍刀傳與郭破虜,並囑楊芙二人的後代關注刀劍的下落,盡力使刀劍找到最佳歸屬。郭襄察覺楊過來過襄陽,追 問楊大哥的近況,黃蓉為安撫她,謊稱重劍是過兒送給襄兒的。幾個月後,郭襄終於察覺楊過與姐姐的情意,離開 襄陽傷心地。因惱恨丐幫隱瞞楊芙的訊息,至此與丐幫來往甚少。郭襄四處遊蕩廣結朋友,後來襄陽城破父母殉國 ,再幾年後正式出家開創峨眉派

Quote Originally Posted by blurry View Post
    Hmm interesting take. So Zhang Wuji's real name is Guo Wuji? I think she jumped off the passionless valley cliff and committed suicide?
    And he is supposed to marry Yellow-Dress Lady = his cousin?

Quote Originally Posted by Li Mochou View Post
    Can someone please help translate this...小龍女(40歲)從谷底出來後,和楊過(36歲)攜手回古墓隱居。每日裡練功,二人覺人生臻 美,小龍女更是快活。可造物弄人,小龍女的身體竟越來越差。楊過想到,是不是這半年沒吃白魚,身體內的毒物 重新發作了?於是,兩個人重回谷底,捉白魚吃。小龍女自見到楊過後,心境較以前不同。本來,心境快活與古墓 的修煉法門相悖,又由於半年沒吃白魚壓制體內毒素,致使毒素溢位經絡遊遍全身,即使運功療傷,也無法逼出毒 質。數月後的一天,楊龍二人相擁在谷底的石階上,龍女緩緩道:”過兒,你待我如此之好,我此生心願已足。我 死之後,你一定要平安地活下去。”楊過心痛道:”龍兒,千萬不能放棄,世上良醫甚多,定能醫好你的病。你真 若死了,我便陪你去。”龍女搖頭道:”過兒,你對我好,我知道。你的心中有一團火,我卻無法呼喚出來。不要 陪著我死,你這麼年輕,怎能陪我死。你若赴死,我在陰間定不饒你。”是夜,龍女瞑目而逝。楊過大慟,將龍女 葬於絕情谷底,守墓一年。一年後楊過出谷,浪跡天涯,漫無目的。一日,遇到一騎馬少婦,那少婦落寞之極,竟 是郭芙。郭芙見到楊過,先是吃了一驚,嘴中輕呼:”楊大哥…….”竟哽咽了,眼淚奪眶而出,隨後自覺失態, 將臉龐側轉過去。原來,蒙古的幾個大臣欲給耶律楚材平反,卻由於耶律齊身任丐幫幫主而不能平反。耶律齊知道 後心想,父親的名節是大事,一番矛盾之後,決定為蒙古效力。(《神鵰俠侶》已做好鋪墊,第二十四回原文:忽 必烈點頭,低聲道:「皇后信用奸邪,咱們須得事事小心。耶律宰相是大大的忠臣,一時受冤,日後必可平反…… 」)耶律齊暗中改組丐幫,學了降龍十八掌最後一招後,決定刺殺郭靖。失敗,受內傷,被黃蓉制服。黃蓉失望道 :”齊兒,為何如此?”耶律齊道:”先父遭奸人陷害,我此生必不能忠義兩全。忽必烈有意為先父平反,身為人 子,怎能不顧先父大節?”黃蓉為之感慨。屋外傳來郭芙焦急的叫聲:”齊哥怎麼啦?”耶律齊聽到後極為羞愧, 當下對黃蓉跪倒:”我既敗露,無面目苟活於世,只是對不起岳父、岳母,更加對不起芙妹。我死不足惜!”說完 一掌拍向自己的天靈蓋,黃蓉伸手去救,已然來不及,耶律齊身亡(歷史記載,耶律楚材在蒙哥死後第三年被平反 並追封為王)郭芙極度痛苦,欲自殺卻不忍爹孃傷心,又不想見人,一人騎馬離去,信馬由繮,一個月後形容枯槁 ,竟不知身處何地。楊過遇到郭芙,這兩個身心疲憊之人相互療傷,最終攜手。此時楊過38歲,郭芙33.5歲 。郭靖黃蓉見這倆個苦命的孩子走到一起,自是又悲又喜,將全身功夫傾囊以授。黃蓉一直知道郭襄對楊過用情至 深,恐郭襄不堪打擊,囑楊過、郭芙二人迴避郭襄,二人結合之事只有至親及丐幫高層知道。一天早晨,黃蓉叫來 楊過、郭芙,對郭芙道:”芙兒,你在軍中效力多年了,很辛苦。此後幾年你與過兒回古墓居住。你愛熱鬧,小籃 和翠兒是我新收的丫鬟,她兩個因戰亂家破,讓她兩個隨你一起去古墓吧。”郭芙本不願去古墓居住,但見母親不 挽留,只好含淚拜別。楊芙二人於終南山西北50餘里又處修建一處住所。耶律齊事發後,郭家上下對耶律燕雖不 懷疑,但耶律燕自感芥蒂已生,不願長期身處窘境,一人離去。其子尋母而去,終在西域定居。襄陽城破之前,朱 子柳感到襄陽終不能守,囑其後人也前往西域與世家兄弟處定居。(倚天中武青嬰、朱九真是兩家後人)襄陽城破 前兩年,郭靖黃蓉與楊芙商量鑄造倚天劍屠龍刀,楊芙二人獻出君子淑女劍,重劍。黃蓉打算將倚天劍傳與郭襄, 屠龍刀傳與郭破虜,並囑楊芙二人的後代關注刀劍的下落,盡力使刀劍找到最佳歸屬。郭襄察覺楊過來過襄陽,追 問楊大哥的近況,黃蓉為安撫她,謊稱重劍是過兒送給襄兒的。幾個月後,郭襄終於察覺楊過與姐姐的情意,離開 襄陽傷心地。因惱恨丐幫隱瞞楊芙的訊息,至此與丐幫來往甚少。郭襄四處遊蕩廣結朋友,後來襄陽城破父母殉國 ,再幾年後正式出家開創峨眉派
    I have no idea how much of this is authentic, but I like the outcome of XLN detecting Guo'er getting "bored" with their life and pushing him towards his natural extroversion.

The 2nd edition of ROCH's ending is too happy, contrary to the rest of the novel's mood.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

turn out to be angst drama, maybe YG will be more powerfull with his extrem sad palm

I find this hard to believe. All those build up for YG and XLN and this ending is like a slap to readers' face. Unless JY fixes entire ROCH to accommodate this ending.

Default Is it true that the ROCH's ending was changed in the book version?

I heard the original ending in the newspaper was JY let XLN die, YG marries GX. JY said the book's ending is one of his biggest regret. Is there any reliable sources about this matter?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavequestion View Post
    I heard the original ending in the newspaper was JY let XLN die, YG marries GX. JY said the book's ending is one of his biggest regret. Is there any reliable sources about this matter?

Thanks.
    Interesting proposition. Have not heard that JY regretted ROCH's ending.
    OT: JY did regret about XZ leaving for Persia and Ah Zhu's death.