Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Lu Xiaofeng Book 6: The Phoenix Dances in the Nine Heavens (凤舞九天 Fengwu Jiutian)

Thanks - getting more interesting...Ximen Chuixue!

Thanks foxs

Another new character introduced in this story. I hope things get more exciting and not more muddled.
    (Will all friends of LXF appear in this book? I thought LXF will have this adventure all by himself.)

Thanks very much, foxs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayariyin View Post
    Another new character introduced in this story. I hope things get more exciting and not more muddled.
    (Will all friends of LXF appear in this book? I thought LXF will have this adventure all by himself.)

Thanks very much, foxs.
    I wouldn't say Ximen Chuixue is necessarily a new figure since he is a pivotal character in the other books. The reaction I got when LXF dropped that name (based on previous stories) was "It's about to get real now!" I really hope Ximen and Gong Jiu fight
    --=={Grundle}==--

Default Chapter 18 - Part 4

Szfong, Clown, Yan, Anh, you are welcome. Zhuoyu, I agree. Why did LXF have to run? He would not necessarily lose. Ycb, Grundle, no fight yet, but the bromance is interesting. Jaya, depends on what is your definition of 'friends' ... in my book, Hua Manlou is the only 'friend' he had. I did not see the same friendship with Ximen Chuixue in the previous books, that's the reason I said that the bromance is interesting. Anyway, end of Chapter 18, 4 more to go.

Thats right, Lu Xiaofeng said, Although oftentimes he does not blow snow, but blood, but he is indeed called Ximen Chuixue. [Reminder: chui xue means blowing snow; reminder part 2: in Chinese the character for snow is 雪 - xue, the character for blood is 血 - xue, of course, these two characters have different strokes and different pronunciation.]

What do you want to see him for? Gong Jiu asked.

Just to say a few words, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

Words that I must not hear? Gong Jiu asked.

When he is talking to a friend, he never liked to have any stranger listening on the side, Lu Xiaofeng said.

Are you going to ask him a favor? Gong Jiu asked.

Maybe, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

You want him to send words to Sha Man? Gong Jiu asked.

Lu Xiaofeng did not answer.

The carriage was parked next to a cluster of flowers.

Lu Xiaofeng put down the horsewhip, and jumped down the carriage. Knocking on the curtain he said, Do you want to come in?

Gong Jiu replied, Since he does not like strangers, why would I want to come in? Besides, the scent of flowers is overflowing in here; I am enjoying the beauty of the evening here, wont it be more pleasant?

You sure are a smart man, Lu Xiaofeng said.

You flatter me, Gong Jiu said.

Since you admitted that you are a smart man, can you guess what am I going to borrow from you? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Gong Jiu did not say anything.

Because he could not guess.

Lu Xiaofeng laughed and said, I want to borrow a razorblade from you.

Amidst Lu Xiaofengs loud laughter, a razorblade flew out from behind the curtain.

Gong Jius voice was as cold as a solid block of ice, You can have it.

When Gong Jiu stuck his head out, Lu Xiaofeng was shaving, his expression was that of a complete bliss.

Gong Jiu could not help asking coldly, Didnt you say Ximen Chuixue does not receive visitors after dark?

Right-o, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

And yet you still leisurely shave like that? Gong Jiu asked.

Lu Xiaofeng said, In all my life I only shave occasionally, hence I want to make sure that I shave comfortably, so that I wont let my moustache down. Furthermore, dont worry, the sun has not disappeared behind the mountain, I guarantee I will finish shaving by then.

I just want to give you an advice, Gong Jiu said.

What is it? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

In my opinion, your four eyebrows look all right, Gong Jiu said, So I advise you not to shave it.

But I have to shave, Lu Xiaofeng said.

Why? Gong Jiu asked.

Because I have to see Ximen Chuixue, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

Do you have to see him? Gong Jiu asked.

Lu Xiaofeng said, If I dont see him, I cant see Sha Man.

Even if you dont see him, you can still see Sha Man, Gong Jiu said.

Lu Xiaofeng looked at Gong Jiu. Oh? he said.

You dont believe me? Gong Jiu asked.

I do, Lu Xiaofeng said, But I do not dare.

You dont? Gong Jiu asked.

Lu Xiaofeng said, I am afraid that will be the last time I can see Sha Man, or perhaps

Perhaps what? Gong Jiu asked.

Lu Xiaofeng said, Perhaps that will be the last time she can see me.

Gong Jiu laughed. Its possible that I wont kill both of you, he said.

Is it? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

It is possible, Gong Jiu replied.

And the conditions? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

You are very smart, Gong Jiu said.

Thats why I am still alive, Lu Xiaofeng said.

I want you to join us, Gong Jiu said.

Is that your own idea? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

No, Gong Jiu replied.

Is it the Little Old Mans idea? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Correct, Gong Jiu replied.

Lu Xiaofeng laughed. He put the razor down, wiped his face dry with a piece of cloth, and then said, Dont you think I look elegant and unconventional now?

Gong Jiu looked at him, but he did not say anything.

Lu Xiaofeng lifted up the carriages curtain and called out, Beef Soup.

Beef Soup stuck her head out.

Lu Xiaofeng asked, Dont you think I look better this way compared to before?

Beef Soup looked at him, she also looked at Gong Jiu. She did not say anything.

Lu Xiaofeng laughed and said, You both must be overwhelmed by how handsome I look, thats why you are speechless. Since I look more elegant and unconventional than before, I think Id better go see Ximen Chuixue.

The sun disappeared behind the mountain. The evening breeze carried the scent of the flowers, it also caressed Lu Xiaofengs skin and made him feeling very comfortable.

He took a very deep breath, and then sighed and said, Such a beautiful day, why must we be locked in constant strife, and insist that the other side must die?

Gong Jiu snorted coldly.

Lu Xiaofeng continued, Life is beautiful, why do you persistently force me into a corner? Why dont you hold hand with Beef Soup by the flowers, enjoying a bit of life?

Gong Jius countenance changed a little, he stiffly said, The sky is turning black.

I know, Lu Xiaofeng said.

Why didnt Ximen Chuixue come out to welcome you? Gong Jiu asked.

Perhaps he is preparing some fine small side dishes to welcome me! Lu Xiaofeng said.

Are you going to eat dinner inside? Gong Jiu asked.

I might spend the night inside, Lu Xiaofeng said.

Then you should hurry up, Gong Jiu said.

Before I go in, I also want to offer you a bit of advice, Lu Xiaofeng said.

Speak up, Gong Jiu said.

Quickly cook your dinner, Lu Xiaofeng said, Lest you smell the aroma, and cannot endure it.

Gong Jiu smiled and said, I am not a glutton, you need not provoke me. Just enjoy your meal, enjoy your sleep, tomorrow get ready to leave.

Why do I have to leave? Lu Xiaofeng said.

Because I may decide that I dont want to use you as my driver, Gong Jiu said.

Actually, Lu Xiaofeng said, Tomorrow I dont want to be your driver anymore.

Oh? Gong Jiu said.

Tomorrow you will find out, Lu Xiaofeng said, That I am a free person, I wont have any shadow of the cats claw behind my back.

Well, you can see it for yourself tomorrow, Gong Jiu said.

Lu Xiaofeng slowly walked toward the gate, while he happily said, Tomorrow, what a word full of hope!

Inside the house, there was no flower, yet it was filled with the fragrance of flowers, light, faint; just like the person of Ximen Chuixue.

Lu Xiaofeng reclined on a couch made of soft dark green velvet, his eyes were fixed on Ximen Chuixue.

Ximen Chuixues cup was filled with light green jade colored wine, his body was clad in snow white, light and soft clothes.

Like bursts of spring breeze, soft flute sound drifted in, sometimes it seemed so near, sometimes it seemed so far, yet the flute player was unseen.

Lu Xiaofeng sighed. In your life, do you ever have anything to trouble you? he asked.

You asked me that same question before, Ximen Chuixue pointed out.

Then, your answer was no, Lu Xiaofeng said.

You have a very good memory, Ximen Chuixue said.

How about now? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

I do, Ximen Chuixue replied.

What trouble? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Moustache, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Lu Xiaofeng looked at Ximen Chuixues clean and smooth face. You are troubled because you dont have a beard?

No, Ximen Chuixue replied.

No? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

I am troubled because you dont have any moustache, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Oh? Lu Xiaofeng said, Why?

Ximen Chuixue said, Because last time you begged me to do you a favor, I said that if you shave your moustache, Id go with you and do whatever you want me to do.

I remember, Lu Xiaofeng said, That was the first time I shaved for someone elses sake.

And now you are clean-shaven again, Ximen Chuixue said, Thats why I know that my trouble has come again.

Lu Xiaofeng downed his wine in one gulp, and then he looked at Ximen Chuixue.

Ximen Chuixue slowly drank the light green jade colored wine in his cup. This wine ought to be drunk slowly, he said.

I know, Lu Xiaofeng said.

Then why did you drink it up in one gulp? Ximen Chuixue asked.

Because I am waiting for you, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

Waiting for me? Waiting for what? Ximen Chuixue asked.

Waiting for you to say something, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

Say what? Ximen Chuixue asked.

Say something to remove my trouble, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

Ximen Chuixue finished his wine in one gulp. Setting down his wine cup, he said, Whatever you want to do, Id go with you and do whatever you want me to do.

Lu Xiaofeng said, Now you can pour two cups, we can drink slowly.

Lu Xiaofeng raised his cup and said, For your words.

Ximen Chuixue also raised his cup and said, For your moustache.

The two of them roared in laughter, then they slowly sipped their wine.

The flute sound disappeared, the clear, bright sound of guqin[3] appeared in its place.

Has your preference changed? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

It hasnt, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Then why guqin? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

The flute is melodious, Ximen Chuixue explained, Its washing power is not as strong as guqins strong sound.

Washing power? Lu Xiaofeng asked, Washing what?

Murderous aura, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Washing murderous aura? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Ximen Chuixue nodded.

Whose murderous aura? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

The person on the carriage, Ximen Chuixue replied.

You can feel his murderous aura? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

A very thick murderous aura, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Do you know whom he is going to kill? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Definitely not me, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Its not me either, Lu Xiaofeng said.

Who else then? Ximen Chuixue asked.

There is Honest Monk, and then there is Sha Man, and Xiao Yu too, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

I have two questions, Ximen Chuixue said.

What questions? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

First, Ximen Chuixue said, Why did he want to kill Honest Monk?

And the second question? Lu Xiaofeng said.

Who are Sha Man and Xiao Yu? Ximen Chuixue said.

By the time Lu Xiaofeng finished narrating his experience, the wine pot on the table was empty, the dishes have been cleared up.

Ximen Chuixue stared at Lu Xiaofeng; there was a look of reproach in his eyes.

You get in trouble a lot, Ximen Chuixue said.

Thats why I came to find you, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

I know how to deal with it, Ximen Chuixue said, Youd better have a good sleep tonight, so that you can hasten on your journey in the morning.

Can I say just two words? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

No, you cant, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Why? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Because I already know which two words you are going to say, Ximen Chuixue said.

You do? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

I do, Ximen Chuixue replied. After taking another sip at his wine he said, Id rather you keep those two words in your heart.

In that case, Ill keep the two words many thanks in my heart! Lu Xiaofeng said.

Lu Xiaofeng laughed while raising his cup and finished off his wine.

[3] Guqin (from dictionary): a long zither with 5 or 7 strings, plucked with a plectrum / the ancestor of the long zither family, dating back to pre-classical times (playing it was an essential accomplishment of a Confucian gentleman).

Thanks foxs

A fight at last? Don't disappoint me ... expectations, expectations ...

Thanks for a long one...

I don't know if LXF and GJ will eventually face-off at the end. But I have a feeling that if they do, their fight will be described in one sentence.

Thanks, foxs.

Wow, that was a great exchange. It shows how deep their friendship really is. After reading book 4, XMCX mentioned that he won't help LXF anymore since as a friend he doesn't want LXF to owe anybody, even himself. I am glad he changed his mind.

based on reading GL's other works, i am 99.99% sure that there won't be any fight..

but anyways, GJ has been described a one of the powerhouses in entire GL universe. So, he should be able to wipe out Ximen without much effort!
    Last edited by yan 16; 10-14-13 at 11:17 PM.

i think it will be closer than most people think. Besides, XMCX is only there to block him and not kill him. I also don't think GJ wants to engage in a life or death fight with XMCX cause that might result in a double fatality.

Default Chapter 19 - Part 1

Anh, Ycb, you are welcome. DongBin, Jaya, Yan, sorry, no fight (yet) ... Zhuoyu, that's what I said ... I do not recall XMCX as a 'good friend' of LXF, not enemy of course, but not like Hua Manlou. I was pleasantly surprised.

Chapter 19 How to escape from a trap.
    (Translated by Foxs)

Early morning.

Fog, light fog.

Smelling the fragrance of flowers in the morning breeze, watching the hazy silhouette of flowers in the fog, was a very invigorating thing. Too bad those who wake up early are not many.

Lu Xiaofeng usually woke up early, but he did not have time to leisurely go to the flower garden to watch the flowers, to smell the flowers, in the fog.

Gong Jiu was a man who knew how to enjoy life, but he did not know how to enjoy life in good taste, he would rather have more sleep to restore his energy, so he was unwilling to enjoy the refreshing mist.

Beef Soup was a woman, and women usually love flowers under the moon, love sunrise and sunset. Unfortunately, the man she was with was Gong Jiu, a man who loved to sleep until the sky is bright. The woman by his side had no choice but stay with him in bed until the sky was bright.

Therefore, there was only one person who can enjoy the beauty of the early morning.

Clothes as white as snow, in white misty fog, like a stone statue Ximen Chuixue stood by the flowers.

The fog dispersed. The sun gave up its warmth. The birds started to sing.

Ximen Chuixue no longer stood by the flowers.

He stood by the carriage, Gong Jius carriage.

A burst of murderous aura suddenly entered the carriage, Gong Jiu suddenly sat up.

Pushing the curtain aside, Gong Jiu saw Ximen Chuixue.

The Ximen Chuixue, who was standing coldly and eerily.

And then, Gong Jiu saw Lu Xiaofeng.

The Lu Xiaofeng, who was giggling and waving his hand as he went away.

Lu Xiaofeng did not go fast at all, but in no time at all Lu Xiaofengs shadow was getting smaller and smaller.

Gong Jiu pulled the rope, but the carriage did not move.

Ximen Chuixue drew his sword, stabbed the horse, and put the sword back into its sheathe; quick as lightning.

It was the first time Gong Jiu saw such a fast sword.

Lu Xiaofengs shadow was getting smaller. Ximen Chuixues murderous aura was getting thicker.

Gong Jiu did not look at Lu Xiaofeng, he looked at Ximen Chuixues eyes.

Ximen Chuixues eyes were also fixed at Gong Jius eyes.

Why did you kill my horse? Gong Jiu asked.

I dont want your horse to pursue my friend, Ximen Chuixue replied.

What if I want to pursue him? Gong Jiu asked.

You may end up just like your horse, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Humph, Gong Jiu snorted, You have confidence?

Ximen Chuixue said, Ximen Chuixue is the most confident person in Jianghu.

Really? Gong Jiu asked.

You want to try? Ximen Chuixue asked.

Gong Jiu did not answer, he was overwhlemed by Ximen Chuixues murderous aura that he broke into a cold silence.

Lu Xiaofeng suddenly felt that this world was actually very lovely. The singing of the birds was bright and refreshing, the breeze caressing his body felt really nice, even the weeds growing by the road looked beautiful.

Friends. It was the most delightful thing in the world.

Friendship. It was the most essential thing in the world.

The friendship between Lu Xiaofeng and Ximen Chuixue was merely a friendship between gentlemen, it was as insipid as the water; yet, when Lu Xiaofeng was in trouble, Ximen Chuixue was always willing to lend his blade to help.

Although he might ask Lu Xiaofeng to shave his moustache, whats the big deal about shaving moustache anyway? After the moustache was shaved, wont the man become more clear and bright? Therefore, Lu Xiaofeng was still grateful toward Ximen Chuixue.

Lu Xiaofeng knew that Gong Jiu would definitely be unable to catch up with him.

He stopped, took a deep breath to fill his lungs with the cool early morning mountain air. Stroking his fingers over the place above his lips where his moustache used to be, he laughed.

Because he remembered Sha Man. When Sha Man saw that he only had two eyebrows left, she must be shocked.

But the one who would be shocked the most ought to be Honest Monk. Because he would never expect that Lu Xiaofeng would really shave his moustache; moreover, that he did it to escape from the chase, although the one pursuing him was not the government officers under Prince Taipings Heir Apparent command.

Gong Jiu was a lot more formidable than Prince Taipings Heir Apparent. Lu Xiaofeng would never be afraid of a hundred government officers, yet he was afraid of one Gong Jiu.

Gong Jius martial art and intelligence were simply frightening. Could Ximen Chuixue hold Gong Jiu back? Could Ximen Chuixue defeat Gong Jiu?

Lu Xiaofeng had just started to move his feet, moving forward, but he suddenly stopped again.

What if Ximen Chuixue was not Gong Jius match?

There was a faint uneasy feeling floating in the depth of Lu Xiaofengs heart.

-- If Ximen Chuixue met some mishaps, wont I be guilty?

The more Lu Xiaofeng thought about it, the stronger the uneasy feeling in his guts.

-- Ximen Chuixue faced Gong Jiu for my sake, why did I avoid the problem by running away from it? Either a friend is willing to sacrifice his life, or both sides are perishing together, how can I let Ximen Chuixue sacrifice his life alone?

Thinking to this point, like an arrow, Lu Xiaofeng flew.

Not a flying forward arrow, but a flying backward arrow.

It was noon.

The sun was shining high in the sky. There was no wind.

Butterflies were flying among the clusters of flowers.

But the one flying outside the clusters of flowers was not a butterfly; it was a fly.

Not just a regular housefly, but a big fly with a green head, the one making buzzing noise.

Seeing the fly, Lu Xiaofeng smelled the scent of blood.

The horse was not there, the carriage was not there, the people were not there either.

Lu Xiaofeng dashed into Ximen Chuixues house.

The furniture in the house was still as tidy as usual, everything was as spotless as before. But where was Ximen Chuixue?

In that entire house, other than Lu Xiaofeng, no one was in sight.

A gust of wind suddenly blew into the room, Lu Xiaofeng could not help shivering a little bit.

Has the big mistake really happened?

Lu Xiaofeng walked out of the house, he walked toward the bloodstained ground, and reached out with his palm to slap repeatedly.

The buzzing flies suddenly did not make any noise, one after another the flies dropped dead in the pool of blood.

Only the butterflies remained. The butterflies were still fluttering among the flowers, they fluttered erratically up, down, left and right.

The flowers were no longer fragrant, the butterflies were no longer beautiful.

Lu Xiaofeng stared blankly at the pool of blood on the ground, as if he had lost his soul.

Are you paying homage to your dead horse?

By the time this sentence entered Lu Xiaofengs ears, a hand also landed on his shoulder.

The voice belonged to Ximen Chuixue. The hand was also the exceptionally well-groomed hand belonging to Ximen Chuixue. Lu Xiaofeng looked at him with a blank look on his face.

To Lu Xiaofeng, Ximen Chuixues smile was a lot warmer than the sun.

Its not your blood?

If it was, would I still be able to stand right here? Ximen Chuixue said.

Oh, right. This must be the horses blood, Lu Xiaofeng said.

Why did you hurry back? Ximen Chuixue asked.

I was afraid, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

You were afraid I would fall into Gong Jius evil scheme? Ximen Chuixue asked.

Lu Xiaofeng nodded.

Ximen Chuixue put both hands on Lu Xiaofengs shoulder, and shook him vigorously several times. Just because of this, next time you come to me for a favor, I dont want you to shave your moustache anymore.

Lu Xiaofeng let out a wry laugh. This was the true value of friendship!

Lu Xiaofeng looked at the blood on the ground. You really gave me a fright, he said.

You thought I died? Ximen Chuixue asked.

Yes, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

Why? Ximen Chuixue asked.

Because you are a man who loves cleanliness, Lu Xiaofeng replied, Why would you let a pool of blood remain in front of your house?

Thanks for the update!

I wonder what happened to Ximen Chuixue's wife and child... Were they killed off in the previous book--Manor of Spirits which is only half translated?

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    I wonder what happened to Ximen Chuixue's wife and child... Were they killed off in the previous book--Manor of Spirits which is only half translated?
    I wondered the same thing too. It's been a 3 year journey reading the Manor Of Spirits. Ximen Chuixue is my favourite!!!

A million thanks to foxs...

thanks again!

Thanks, foxs.

How was the dead horse carried out of there in such a short time?
    Last edited by Jayariyin; 10-17-13 at 06:03 AM.

I thought Ximen Chuixue no longer needed a sword, anything around him was his sword and your sword is now my sword, etc... Sighing, Lu Xiaofeng surmised that his wife must be miserable being married to a cold emotionless "sword".

In the previous book Ximen Chuixue didn't mind Lu Xiaofeng hurting his wife's good name by claiming to have an affair with her. So, I guess his wife and child dumped him quite awhile ago and returned to Emei Sect.

I also think Lu Xiaofeng will matchmake Ximen Chuixue with that naughty Xiao Xu while he has Sha Man.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    I also think Lu Xiaofeng will matchmake Ximen Chuixue with that naughty Xiao Xu while he has Sha Man.
    Nooooooooooooo! I'll be drinking vinegar if he does, hmph...