Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Lu Xiaofeng Book 6: The Phoenix Dances in the Nine Heavens (凤舞九天 Fengwu Jiutian)

I'm a bit confused, what exactly is the relationship between Gong Jiu and Beef Soup. Aren't they both the children of that little old man?

Are they biological siblings?

Thanks foxs

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

In one of gu long story. there were a incestuas couple. Maybe beef soup and gong jiu are the same

I was under the impression that Lu Xiaofeng and Ximen were on the martial arts level while Gong Jiu was much higher!

I'm wondering since GJ already has Beef Soup as a sister, lover, and a whipping girl, why does he still insist on marrying Sha Man?

Szfong: One for the money, two for the road?

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    when the whole tray of beef had covered her face.
    The beef was still hot, the soup was dripping on her erect breasts, just like a volcano discharging smoke.
    If Yue Yang and Beef Soup are on the same side, how come he dare to act like that in Chapter 1? And not only Beef Soup let him get away with this, she even killed the ones who tried to kill Yue Yang. Or maybe Yue Yang didn't know that she was one of them? And a viper in his bed was placed by Beef Soup?

May be it was a set up.

They were misleading the ppl on the boat to trap them.

Default Chapter 19 - Part 2

Szfong, good question. I don't know either, AFAIK, Gu Long did not say anything about his wife and son in the previous book. Ycb, Anh, you are welcome. Jaya, that's the wonder of wuxia world ... But I would imagine rich character who can afford to live in such a manor would have hordes of servants. Foosball, since I don't know whether you are a boy or a girl, I was wondering, whom did you drink vinegar for? Ximen Chuixue, or his wife, or even Xiao Yu? Tape, it was never explicitly stated. I don't understand either, why did LXF always thought that he would be defeated by GJ? All he knew was hearsay, plus just one encounter on the boat. DongBin, good opinion. The relationship between these people is very complex, I don't know if Gu Long would ever explain everything clearly. Kyss, it was a setup, I agree, but it is still too weird, lots of things do not make sense.

Ximen Chuixue laughed and said, Naturally I cannot stand it either, but I did not have time to clean up.

You dont have time? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Thats right, Ximen Chuixue replied, I did not have time to cleanup, and you already arrived.

And before I came? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

I went to the riverbank to throw up, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Throw up? Lu Xiaofeng asked, As in vomiting?

Ximen Chuixue nodded.

Why did you throw up? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Because I saw someone, Ximen Chuixue replied, His action was so nauseating that it made me sick.

Who? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Gong Jiu, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Gong Jiu? Lu Xiaofeng asked, What did he do?

He begged me to beat him up, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Did you? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

No, Ximen Chuixue replied, When martial art masters are facing each other, they cannot be careless at all. I thought he intentionally wanted to break my concentration.

And then what happened? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

And then he suddenly raised his own hand to strike his own face, Ximen Chuixue replied.

And you still ignored him? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

You are right, Ximen Chuixue said, I was still staring at him like before.

And then what did he do? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

He pulled a whip, Ximen Chuixue said.

Whose whip? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Beef Soups, Ximen Chuixue replied, Beef Soup beat him incessantly, he rolled around on the ground, shouting in glee.

And what did you do? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

I ran to the riverbank at once, Ximen Chuixue said, I threw up big time. Otherwise

Otherwise what? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Otherwise I would throw up on the ground, and then I could not live here anymore, Ximen Chuixue replied.

I am afraid I will have to pay for your house then, Lu Xiaofeng said.

Do you know how much this house of mine is worth? Ximen Chuixue asked.

How much? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Do you know Huo Xiu? Ximen Chuixue asked.

Lu Xiaofeng laughed.

How could he not know Huo Xiu? How could he not know the richest person in the world, but loved to pass life like a hermit, the reclusive old fellow Huo? [See Lu Xiaofeng Book 1, The Golden Roc Empire, translated by Moinllieon.]

He still remembered it clearly, one time he was lying in bed comfortably, drinking wine; suddenly he was visited by three strange, yet very famous men of Jianghu. One was someone who thought about feelings are always like leftover hatred, no point in bring up past matters all day long, the Jade-faced Gentleman Liu Yuhen. Next was someone who thought about the autumn rains and autumn winds brings worries all day long, the 'Intestine Breaking Swordsman Xiao Qiuyu. And the last one was the Thousand-li Loner Dugu Fang.

Actually, it was very rare that these three men were together, what was more surprising was that not only they were together, but they had become Princess Danfengs bodyguards.

When Princess Danfeng also entered his room, and suddenly kneeled down in front of him, he crashed through the roof to run away. The place where he decided to hide from Princess Danfeng was precisely Huo Xius residence. It was a wooden cabin, yet priceless.

Because it was originally the summer retreat of the famous poet Lu Fangweng, the walls still had some of his poems, which he penned with his own hand.

But in an instant the house was demolished by Liu Yuhen, Xiao Qiuyu and Dugu Fang.

Princess Danfeng immediately took action; she compensated Huo Xiu with fifty taels of gold.

Fifty taels of gold could buy quite a few houses!

But Lu Xiaofeng believed that the wooden cabin worth thirty, forty thousand taels of gold.

Right now Ximen Chuixue suddenly brought up this matter, could it be that he also believed that his house worth that much gold?

Therefore, Lu Xiaofeng expressed what was in his mind, Are you saying that your house is comparable to the old man Huos residence?

But Ximen Chuixue shook his head, You are wrong.

I am? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Ximen Chuixue said, I only said that any house could be priceless.

Why? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Ximen Chuixue replied, Because the people in the house maybe one day shake the four corners of the world.

You are absolutely right, Lu Xiaofeng said, That wooden cabin of old man Huos, when it was still Lu Fangwengs residence, it was no more than a pile of lumber put together to make a house. But after Lu Fangwengs poems received the acclamation of the world, by the time it became the old man Huos residence, it became priceless.

Therefore, Ximen Chuixue said, Even if I cannot live here, you cant afford to compensate for my loss.

You are wrong, Lu Xiaofeng said, I can afford it.

Oh? Ximen Chuixue said.

Lu Xiaofeng said, Because practically I do not need to pay you right now; hundreds of years later, later generations people would know that during Ximen Chuixues time, I have already become as light as a feather and ascend to heaven, I have become an immortal.

Ximen Chuixue said, Now I know that you can act unreasonably and shamelessly.

Lu Xiaofeng laughed, Even if that is true, it wont implicate you at all, because right now you wont move out.

This time you are wrong, Ximen Chuixue said.

Oh? Lu Xiaofeng said.

I am about to move away, Ximen Chuixue said.

Why? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Because, Ximen Chuixue said, You are going to live here.

I am? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Ximen Chuixue explained, Gong Jiu must have thought that you were gone, he would never expect that you came back. Therefore, no matter how many eyes and ears he sends out, no matter where his eyes and ears are, he will never find your whereabouts.

Because I already have my head on your pillow here without any worry, Lu Xiaofeng said.

Absolutely right, Ximen Chuixue said.

But what about you? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

I am leaving, Ximen Chuixue said.

Where? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

I am studying Buddhism, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Studying Buddhism? Lu Xiaofeng asked, With whom?

Naturally with a monk, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Which monk? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Honest Monk! Ximen Chuixue replied.

Does Honest Monk understand Buddhism? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

I dont know, Ximen Chuixue replied.

You dont know? Lu Xiaofeng said, Yet you still want to study Buddhism from him?

I just want to learn one trick from him, Ximen Chuixue said.

Which trick? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Meditation, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Meditation? Lu Xiaofeng asked, What for?

So that when I am with two great beauties, my heart wont be like a frisky monkey, my mind wont be like a cantering horse, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Who are those two great beauties? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

One is called Sha Man, the other Xiao Yu, Ximen Chuixue replied.

Lu Xiaofeng laughed. Are you saying that you want to pick them up and bring them here? he asked.

Do you have any other safer and better way? Ximen Chuixue asked.

I do, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

Please enlighten me, Ximen Chuixue said.

But momentarily we cannot do it, Lu Xiaofeng said.

What is it? Ximen Chuixue asked.

Kill Gong Jiu, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

Lu Xiaofeng had high confidence in Ximen Chuixues character, he had high confidence in his capability, he had high confidence in his martial art skill. Therefore, he peacefully and cozily lay in front of the house, enjoying the fragrance of the flowers, the sunshine, the light breeze, and the elegantly fluttering butterflies.
    Last edited by foxs; 10-20-13 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks foxs, for the evening before the weekend update.

Edit:

Think there may be some errors with these statements:

Because I was someone, Ximen Chuixue replied, His action was so nauseating that it made me sick.[should be 'saw someone"]

Do you know how much this house of mine worth? Ximen Chuixue asked.
    [should be 'is worth"]

Last edited by ycb5959; 10-18-13 at 10:16 AM.

I think, before GJ met LXF, only Beef Soup knew of GJ's being an M. I wonder why Gu Long made it so, that the two other persons to know his secret and weakness are LXF and XCX, of all people.

Thanks, foxs.

You may end up just like your horse, Ximen Chuixue replied.Humph, Gong Jiu snorted, You have confidence?

Ximen Chuixue said, Ximen Chuixue is the most confident person in Jianghu.

Really? Gong Jiu asked. You want to try? Ximen Chuixue asked.Gong Jiu did not answer, he was overwhlemed by Ximen Chuixues murderous aura that he broke into a cold silence.
    I was holding my breath for this big fight between supernatural Gong Jiu and Ximen Chuixue. Lu Xiao Feng was feeling it too!

Gong Jius martial art and intelligence were simply frightening. Could Ximen Chuixue hold Gong Jiu back? Could Ximen Chuixue defeat Gong Jiu? There was a faint uneasy feeling floating in the depth of Lu Xiaofengs heart.
    Oh My Gawd! Imagine the scene where the nail biting tension building up between GJ and XC, then suddenly boom! GJ started S&M section right there and XC throwing up in the near by river. I wonder which background music should we use?

A fight nonetheless (more mental than anything else), with XC throwing up.
    GJ won.
    Last edited by ycb5959; 10-18-13 at 08:40 PM.

Despite GJ's sense of invincibility, there is this streak of insanity in him .. I think it will be his nemesis, his Archilles' heel ... the Old Man would be more likely the ultimate foe.

Thanks foxs

Default Chapter 19 - Part 3

Ycb, thanks, I'll fix it. Jaya, foosball, DongBin, yup. And I can already see the ending: 'Gong Jiu was defeated because his heart was not pure ... The End.' But all kidding aside, Jaya, could it be that in front of these two (LXF and XMCX) he felt the pressure so much that his 'illness' flared out? No, I take it back. The first time LXF saw him on the boat, he did not even know LXF was coming to his cabin. Anh, you are welcome.

Lu Xiaofengs mind was also fluttering up and down like the butterflies, until it finally landed on Sha Man.

He longed to see Sha Man.

He suddenly felt a strong urge to retire from Jianghu.

He had been in Jianghu for a long time, indeed too long. Although he was still young, and his heart was still burning with passion, but suddenly he felt that Jianghu was sinister and deceitful, the smell of fierce, bloody rivalry was becoming too thick.

He only hoped to be together with Sha Man, find a small island, perhaps return to the Little Old Mans island, and live in Sha Mans former house, no longer care about right and wrong, gratitude and grudges, no longer carry a sword.

He looked at his hand.

-- If not carrying a sword, what should he carry?

-- Eyebrow pencil?

He could not help laughing.

And then he heard noises.

Not the sound of his laughter, but the sound of horses hooves on the ground.

Not just one horse, not even two, three, or four horses, but the sound of a dozen, maybe more than twenty horses, galloping on the ground.

He sprang up.

By the time the sound of galloping horses was getting clearer and clearer, it was getting more and more resounding, Lu Xiaofeng had made a decision.

Therefore, whoosh! he hid himself into a cluster of flowers.

-- Who were these people?

That was the first question popping out in Lu Xiaofengs mind as he was hiding in the cluster of flowers.

-- Did Ximen Chuixue betray him?

That was the second question in Lu Xiaofengs mind in the cluster of flowers.

Out of these two questions, he would find out the answer to at least one question very soon.

Because the galloping horses had stopped in front of Ximen Chuixues door.

Exactly twenty horses, twenty riders.

Twenty riders who had just jumped down their horses. Twenty big, burly men in black.

Lu Xiaofeng recognized one of them. The leader.

Ying Yan Laoqi!

The leader was precisely the Zongpiaobazi of the Twelve-Dock Alliance, Ying Yan Laoqi.

-- Who was Ying Yan Laoqi looking for?

-- Did he look for Ximen Chuixue or Lu Xiaofeng?

-- What for?

Lu Xiaofeng only knew one thing: the one Ying Yan Laoqi was looking for, was not him, but Ximen Chuixue.

Because when he knocked the door, Ying Yan Laoqi said, Ying Yan Laoqi of the Twelve-Dock Alliance is seeking audience with Ximen Gongzi.

Therefore, Lu Xiaofeng got the answer to his second question: Ximen Chuixue did not betray him.

He suddenly felt ashamed.

He repeatedly admonished himself in his heart, Toward a friend, you must have trust, you must have confidence.

Therefore, he took a very deep breath to suck the scent of the flowers.

He still had some reservation in his heart that he did not feel comfortable in sitting or lying back down. Instead, unleashing his qinggong, he flew toward the direction Ying Yan Laoqi disappeared.

Because he still had one big question.

-- Why did Ying Yan Laoqi look for Ximen Chuixue?

Ying Yan Laoqi was the Zongpiaobazi of the Twelve-Dock Alliance. The Twelve-Dock Alliances power reached far and wide, even beyond the Great Wall. He had subordinates from both the white and black ways. No matter where he went, Ying Yan Laoqi would always have a secure place to stay, he would be warmly greeted by local people of both the white and black ways.

Therefore, the place Ying Yan Laoqi picked to rest ought to be a large town or perhaps a large village.

But Lu Xiaofeng was wrong this time. Big mistake, very peculiar mistake.

Because as Lu Xiaofeng followed the horses track, he suddenly realized that the direction Ying Yan Laoqi and his people took was not a big town at all.

The place where they stopped was nowhere in particular, it was as if as soon as they felt tired, they found a random place where they could sit down and rest.

It was no more than a rather spacious, open space among the twists and turns of the road.

They all dismounted and gathered into a group. Watched from afar, it appeared that they were talking about some confidential matter.

Once again Lu Xiaofeng found out that he was mistaken. They did not talk about anything at all, but they gathered around a pot-stewed dish, eating and drinking as much as they liked.

The sun had already passed the zenith. Lu Xiaofeng found out that his own stomach was grumbling. But he could not sit down to eat.

Not that he was afraid they might detect his presence, and not that he did not have time to eat either; rather, he did not bring anything to eat.

The only thing he brought was silver to buy things to eat.

On this remote mountain path, silver had no use at all. Therefore, he could only hide nearby, watching them eating.

Nor only he was able to see them stuffing themselves, he could even hear the sound of their conversation.

What do you say tonight, the two of us brothers, doubling our capital, and then go to find Chun Hong and Tao Niang to have some fun?

Double your big ghost head!

Hey, whats wrong with you?

Do you know what I am most afraid of in all my life?

What is it?

Caressing doors nail. There was one time I was on mission, I did not find the person I was looking for, as a result, when I pushed several Paijiu [pai gow] tiles, ha! Do you know what happened? For twenty-seven times in a row, all I picked was departing ten [i.e. zero].

So when you did not find Ximen Chuixue today, you dont want to gamble?

Absolutely not.

Ill say youd better gamble still.

Why?

Because if you saw Ximen Chuixue, I am afraid you may not necessarily have any chance to gamble anymore.

You think we cant kill him?

I am afraid thats just not possible.

Impossible.

You are so confident?

Of course; there are twenty of us, while he does not guard against us. Suddenly we launch twenty different secret projectiles, Ill say even an immortal will find it difficult to dodge, much less just an ordinary person.

Lu Xiaofeng knew what was going on.

Because Ximen Chuixue blocked Gong Jiu, Lu Xiaofeng was able to escape his grip. Therefore, Gong Jiu harbored hard feelings against Ximen Chuixue, and sent Ying Yan Laoqi to plot against Ximen Chuixue.

It was the most likely scenario. And it also proved one thing.

Gong Jiu was really unable to trace Lu Xiaofengs whereabouts, i.e. because Lu Xiaofeng went back to check on Ximen Chuixue, he was able to break away from Gong Jius pursuit.

It also proved another thing.

During his journey, nobody recognized Ximen Chuixue.

Lu Xiaofeng was relieved. He knew that he only need to do one more thing, and then he could sit back and relax outside Ximen Chuixues door, waiting for Ximen Chuixue fetching Sha Man and the others.

Although Ying Yan Laoqi was not addicted to gambling, sometimes he also satisfied his cravings by placing a few high stakes.

But tonight, he only opened his eyes wide, staring at his subordinates having a few rounds of gambling. He did not have the slightest moods to partake the game.

Although his wine capacity could not be considered very good, sometimes he drank ten to twenty bowls brimming to the edge with shaodaozi [lit. burning knife; not sure, probably type of wine] without getting drunk.

But tonight he only drank two bowls, and he already felt tipsy.

People with a load in their mind usually get drunk rather easily.

People with a load in their mind usually dont have the mood to gamble.

Ying Yan Laoqi was actually a very open-minded man; no matter what happened, he rarely took it to heart.

But tonight he had a load in his mind; not only tonight, but these days he had a load in his mind.

Ever since he took the wrong step, he had been having a load in his mind. This worry has depressed him.

He was already the Zongpiaobazi of the Twelve-Dock Alliance, why did he accept Gong Jius provocation?

He worried that one day, his fate would be the same as Ye Xingshi.

Because in this earth, he was the only person remained who knew Gong Jius secret.

Actually, he was not supposed to know Gong Jius secret.

Based on his advanced years, based on his familys wealth, he should not be worried about anything. Why is it that in that moment he could not resist the temptation of vast amount of money and thus he fell under Gong Jius control?

That much money, what good would it bring? Did he really want to bring everything in his coffin after he died?

Lu Xiaofeng has always been a warm hearted man, always attached importance to yiqi [spirit of loyalty and self-sacrifice, code of brotherhood], always emphasized benevolence. When this heist broke out, the first person came into Ying Yan Laoqis mind he wanted to ask for help was precisely Lu Xiaofeng.

But now, Ying Yan Laoqi had to take his order from Gong Jiu, he had to track Lu Xiaofengs whereabouts; and when Gong Jiu said to kill, he vehemently must kill such a hero.

Although Ximen Chuixue was not a man of great benevolence, great valor, he had never killed the innocent. Based on this fact alone, it was enough for him to receive admiration from Jianghu people.

But now, Ying Yan Laoqi had received order to kill Ximen Chuixue.

Therefore, he lifted his bowl again, and downed the wine in one gulp.

Therefore, he did not even know when the gambling was over, not the slightest idea.

When he awoke, he found that he was crouching on the table. The huge tavern was completely deserted, and he was awake with some kind of drowsiness.

And then, he realized that his saber was missing.

And then, he found out that there was a piece of paper in front of him.

The piece of paper said:

Ximen Chuixue Changan. [Ancient name of Xian, the capital of China during Tang Dynasty.]

Thanks, as always!

Thought GJ died because in his last whipping, the whip accidentally hit a certain part, and not because his heart is not pure
    [just kidding]
    Last edited by ycb5959; 10-20-13 at 09:53 AM.

Been lurking for a long time. Getting interesting

Ycb, that part would send him to extreme ecstasy not rigor mortis ... can an insane mind differentiate between pure and impure? foxs, I guess u are right on the friendship between LXF and XMCX ... if it is deep LXF should not harbour doubts on XMCX's motives.