Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Lu Xiaofeng Book 6: The Phoenix Dances in the Nine Heavens (凤舞九天 Fengwu Jiutian)

Ahh. Sorry for not be able to contribute to the translation, foxs. .

But thank you again for more LXF! .

Thanks foxs

Another expert bit the dust. With so many experts killed, if this is based on a true story, then this explains why only a few types of martial arts survived to this day.

Thanks, foxs.

I'm guessing the last character "Tai" is 太 as in 太监? It could explain some of his uh... eccentricities.

Although grammatically that would seem odd.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    I'm guessing the last character "Tai" is 太 as in 太监? It could explain some of his uh... eccentricities.

Although grammatically that would seem odd.
    On "tai" and "gong jiu":

click to show/hide spoilers
    I suspect (this is rather similar to a scene from latest "Four Constables" by Jean, and based on the adaptation I watched), this "tai" probably contains a clue to the who Gong Jiu really is...

Default Chapter 21 - Part 3

Ycb, Anh, you are welcome. Szfong, yes, one more chapter. DongBin, have a safe trip. Ysabel, your question is not answered yet, I am afraid. Drak, it was my misunderstanding. I thought you read the original text. Jaya, that's Gu Long ... too many characters died. Darkcser, good guess ...

Lu Xiaofeng stood in front of a pile of yellow dirt [i.e. new grave], thinking hard about the unfinished secret that Ying Yan Laoqi was trying to tell him just before he died.

-- Gong Jiu has gone too far?

-- Gong Jiu is too aggressive?

-- Gong Jiu has too much power?

-- Gong Jiu is too formidable? [Translators note: in Chinese, all these sentences have the word too right after the words Gong Jiu.]

-- Did he say too [太], or grand [泰, as in Mount Tai (Taishan)]?

-- Gong Jiu on Mount Tai?

-- Gong Jius secret is on Mount Tai?

-- Gong Jius base of operation is on Mount Tai?

-- Gong Jiu hid all those stolen treasures on Mount Tai?

Lu Xiaofeng gave up.

To Ying Yan Laoqi, he died in peace. It could even be said that he died a timely death. But to Lu Xiaofeng, Ying Yan Laoqi failed to reveal Gong Jius secret. His death seemed to be a bit not worth it.

Lu Xiaofeng suddenly sighed with a realization:

-- With death, all ones troubles are solved. Those who remain could not even make head or tail of the Jianghus gratitude and grudges, love and hate!

-- In Jianghu, there is no such thing as freedom to act independently!

Lu Xiaofeng thought back to his desire to retire.

Thinking about retirement, he thought about he wanted to have somebody by his side.

Thinking about the person he wanted to have by his side, he thought about Sha Man.

Thinking about Sha Man, suddenly his heartbeat accelerated.

-- Where was Sha Man?

-- Where was Honest Monk?

-- Where was Gong Jiu?

-- Where could he find any trace of Sha Man?

-- If only he knew where to look, he would be able to find traces of Sha Man.

Problem is: he did not know.

He only knew one thing: he had to find her, he must look for her.

Since they had disappeared without a trace, there was only one way: he had to reveal his own whereabouts, and let Gong Jiu come looking for him.

Therefore, he decided to do one thing.

-- Go to Changans downtown.

Downtown. Bustling downtown. Downtown at dusk.

People come and people go, horses come and carriages go. Lu Xiaofeng mingled into the crowd.

Restaurant. Changans restaurant.

Lu Xiaofeng walked past thirty-eight restaurants before he selected one. It was Changans biggest restaurant, the cleanest, and the most crowded.

The most important fact he found was that this Changans restaurant was already full.

Stepping into the door of the restaurant, even all the waiters were too busy to greet him. He was very happy instead, because it was exactly what he was hoping for.

He swept the hall with his gaze, and saw a square table with three men sitting around it. Three big men with thick eyebrows, rough eyes, and rugged muscles.

Lu Xiaofeng decided to make these three men his target.

Lu Xiaofeng stood in front of these three mens table, just by the fourth, empty side.

Lu Xiaofeng waited until the three men looked up at him. May I sit here? he asked.

You may not, one of the three men replied.

Lu Xiaofeng pulled a chair and sat down.

The three men's six eyes stared at him in disbelief.

"I said you may not. Are you deaf?"

Lu Xiaofeng looked at the speaker and laughed. "I am not deaf," he said.

"Then why haven't you get lost?" the man's voice was growing louder.

"I cannot get lost, because although I am not deaf, but I am a human."

"Who are you?"

"I am Lu Xiaofeng."

The three men stared blankly at him. And then all three of them looked up and roared in laughter.

One of them even reached out to stroke the place above Lu Xiaofeng's lip where the mustache has been shaved. "You are Lu Xiaofeng?" he asked.

"I am Lu Xiaofeng," Lu Xiaofeng replied.

In that case, the man said, Do you know who I am?

Who are you? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

I am also surnamed Lu, the man replied.

Oh? Lu Xiaofeng said.

The man said, I am Lu Dalong. [Translators note: xiaofeng little phoenix, dalong big dragon.]

Lu Xiaofeng clapped. Good, he said, Good name.

With bewildered eyes the man looked at Lu Xiaofeng.

Lu Xiaofeng picked the wine cup in front of the man who professed to be Lu Dalong, and said, Come, I toast you one cup.

Lu Dalong was dumstruck.

Lu Xiaofeng downed the wine in one gulp and said, You are called big dragon and I am called little phoenix; we happened to be a pair[1].

Lu Dalong slapped the table and bellowed, Precisely, like an old man and his son, Dalong and Xiaofeng; I thought you didnt get it.

How could I not get it? Lu Xiaofeng said, Its just that there is a little detail that I dont quite get it.

What is it? the man asked.

Who is the old man, and who is the son? Lu Xiaofeng said.

The three men roared in laughter, as if it was the funniest joke they ever heard in their lives. They laughed throwing their heads back or doubling over, attracting the attention of everybody else in the entire hall, even the food and drink on their table was shaken.

Amidst the laughter, one of the big man pointed to Lu Xiaofeng and asked, You really dont know?

With a solemn expression Lu Xiaofeng replied, I really dont know.

The big man who asked suddenly stopped laughing. The other two men no longer laughed either, in an instant their laughing expression became awkward smile; a very ugly awkward smile.

Because they saw Lu Xiaofeng ran his hand gently on the edge of the table, and the wood immediately turned into sawdust, which then rained gently to the floor.

They could not laugh anymore. There was only one thought popping out in their mind:

-- This person may actually be Lu Xiaofeng.

Therefore, all of them immediately assumed contrite manners, a very anxious manner; their big eyes turned into small eyes as they looked at Lu Xiaofeng.

Lu Xiaofeng chuckled.

Lu Xiaofeng said with a laugh, You havent answered my question.

With a choking voice, as if he was ready to cry, Lu Dalong asked, Which question?

Who is the old man, and who is the son? Lu Xiaofeng repeated.

Lu Dalong suddenly raised his hand and slapped his own face, saying, You are the old man, I am your turtle son [i.e. b@stard/s.o.b.].

Slap, slap! finished speaking he slapped his face again.

But Lu Xiaofeng shook his head and said, Wrong answer.

Lu Dalong expression turned even more awkward, it looked like he was about to cry for real. Wrong answer? he said, Are you saying you want to be my turtle son?

Slap, slap! this time the big man standing next to Lu Dalong gave him a couple of slaps on his face.

Please forgive us, Master Lu, the big man said, He is stupid, he doesnt know how to talk. Daren[2] please be magnanimous and let us go.

I havent said anything about what I am going to do with you, Lu Xiaofeng said, It was you who made things difficult for me. Tell me then, who is the old man, and who is the son?

The three men immediately dropped on their knees together and kowtowed, You are the old man, we are your turtle sons.

How could you make the same mistake again? Lu Xiaofeng said.

The three men stared blankly at Lu Xiaofeng.

[1] In Chinese mythology and culture, dragon and phoenix are complements to each other, e.g. Emperor (dragon) and Empress (phoenix), yang and yin, groom and bride, etc.

[2] Daren - lit. big person, a term of respect to address superior or government officers.

Thanks for another prompt update!

Thanks foxs. More twist and turns ......

LXF is gonna say something like, "I'm not a turtle, how could I have three turtle sons?"
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Thanks foxs

Which is harder, to hide or to seek?

Thanks, foxs.

Default Chapter 21 - Part 4

Ycb, Ysabel, Anh, you are welcome. Ren, you must be the worm in Gu Long's belly ... Jaya, it depends, which side is more powerful?

Can the phoenix in the sky give birth to turtles? Lu Xiaofeng said.

Speaking in unison, the three men replied, No.

Then where did the turtle sons come from? Lu Xiaofeng said.

Slap, slap! there were six ringing slaps, because each man smacked his own face twice.

And thus the three characters Lu Xiao Feng spread out loud and clear around the Changans downtown area.

Lu Xiaofeng knew that before long, the people of Jianghu would find out that Lu Xiaofeng was in Changan.

This, of course, included Gong Jiu and Honest Monk. If Gong Jiu wanted to find Lu Xiaofeng, he would go to Changan.

Time. It was a peculiar thing. To a hardworking man, time always flies like an arrow, he can never find enough of it. To a lazy man, time always walks slowly like a snail, it is always too much. Happy man always wishes the time would stop, lonely man always wishes it would pass quickly.

In the same period of time, people are born, people die, some are happy, some are anxious.

Thinking about time, Lu Xiaofeng had a single thought.

-- Right this moment, what was Sha Man thinking?

Sha Man was thinking about Lu Xiaofeng, no doubt about it.

Ever since Lu Xiaofeng left that day, she had begun to miss Lu Xiaofeng. Being brought by Honest Monk to this place, she missed Lu Xiaofeng even more.

Every day, she was hoping for a miracle: that Lu Xiaofeng would suddenly appear in front of her.

Quite several time she almost succumbed to the impulse of going out to look for Lu Xiaofeng; but she knew that she simply must not do that.

Her life in this place has been very good, a maid took care of her every day need, not only that, she had total freedom to roam around the garden. She knew that Honest Monk was not afraid that she would escape. She had lived on the island for too long, she has forgotten everything on the mainland; even if she escaped from this government-official residence-type building, where could she go? She had recognized this fact early on; therefore, she felt at-ease in living in this place, waiting patiently, waiting for destiny to arrange what her next step would be.

She did not want to think about anything, her thought was focused on Lu Xiaofeng. She fondly recalled the time she spent with Lu Xiaofeng, she thought about the happiness of being with Lu Xiaofeng later. And that was how she passed her days.

Every day Honest Monk would visit Sha Man once. Every time both of them were silent without saying anything.

Except today.

Honest Monk came in with a smile on his face. As soon as he saw Sha Man, he exclaimed, Good news.

Sha Man maintained her languid appearance. What good news? she asked.

The good news that you are dying to hear, Honest Monk replied.

-- Lu Xiaofeng!

Very quickly she suppressed the delight in her heart; with the most indifferent tone she could muster she said, You guys have news about Lu Xiaofeng?

He is in Changan, Honest Monk said.

Changan? Sha Man asked, Is Changan far from here?

Three days journey, Honest Monk replied.

Sha Man did not say anything.

I beg you not to entertain that idea, Honest Monk said.

What idea are you talking about, Sha Man shockingly asked.

Honest Monk said, You want to get out of here and go to look for Lu Xiaofeng.

You are really the worm in my belly, Sha Man said.

Amituofo, Honest Monk said, Monk has a bit of perception, thats all.

Honest Monk looked at Sha Man, and then he continued, I advise you not to plan on running away. This is for your own good.

Sha Man was puzzled. Why is it for my own good? she asked.

Honest Monk replied, Because if you leave, if you go to Changan, you might not see Lu Xiaofeng.

Why? Sha Man asked, Didnt you say he is in Changan?

That was three days ago, Honest Monk replied.

And now? Sha Man asked.

And now he might be here, Honest Monk replied.

Here? Sha Man asked.

What I mean by here is around here somewhere, not here in this place, Honest Monk replied.

Why? Sha Man asked.

Because we dont want him to see you yet, Honest Monk replied.

When are you going to let me see him? Sha Man asked.

There is only one answer to your question, and the answer only has three words, Honest Monk said.

Which three words? Sha Man asked.

When the time comes, Honest Monk replied [Oh, I know its four words, but I am too lazy to make things up, so I simply translate it as it is; the original was 到时候.]

Probably the so-called When the time comes can also means forever.

Because, if Lu Xiaofeng refused to agree to Gong Jiu and the others demand, by the time Lu Xiaofeng could see Sha Man, probably what he saw would be a dead Sha Man.

Therefore, when Honest Monk sent people to pick Lu Xiaofeng up and brought him to stay in this luxury residence, when he asked Honest Monk when he could see Sha Man, and Honest Monk responded with When the time comes, Lu Xiaofeng knew that he had to rely on himself.

He knew Gong Jius intention in picking him up was merely to tell him that Sha Man was nearby, but Lu Xiaofeng could not see her. Knowing that Sha Man was nearby but he could not see her, Lu Xiaofeng might be more impatient, Lu Xiaofeng might be more anxious, and then perhaps he would be easier to persuade.

Lu Xiaofeng understood this logic. He also knew that the longer he stayed in this place, the more difficult he would be to manipulate.

Therefore, as soon as he entered the place where Honest Monk had arranged for him to stay, he was not bashful to eat and drink as much as he liked, and then he covered his head and took a nap.

Humans willpower is really fantastic; when he willed himself to wake up at certain time, he did indeed sleep up that time and then woke up.

By the time Lu Xiaofeng woke up, it was midnight. It was precisely the time he wanted to start his operation.

There was no moon, but the stars filled the sky. Sucking a breath of cold air, Lu Xiaofeng felt his entire body was invigorated.

Standing on the roof, borrowing the light from the stars, Lu Xiaofeng took a quick glance of his surrounding. The buildings were spread out neatly. He found out that the building where he stayed was the smallest building in this complex.

He knew that Sha Man did not stay in this complex. Because based on Gong Jius loftiness, he would not stay in such a small building; he must have stayed in a large mansion.

Lu Xiaofeng only needed to find the largest building, and then most probably he would find Sha Man too.

Lu Xiaofeng had already thought about all these things when Honest Monk told him when the time comes. He could not possibly just sit and wait, he must go out and look. He believed he would be able to find Sha Man, he had that kind of confidence.

Lu Xiaofeng did not miscalculate. Unfortunately, Gong Jiu was able to calculate even faster than he did.

Therefore, when he found the big mansion, the place where Sha Man originally stayed, Sha Man had already gone.

But Honest Monk was there.

Honest Monk was wearing an expression that said that he already knew Lu Xiaofeng would come. You are very smart, he said.

Too bad someone is even smarter, Lu Xiaofeng replied.

That person is not smarter than you are at all, Honest Monk said.

Oh? Lu Xiaofeng said.

That person merely received report that you are not in bed, hence he hurriedly took Sha Man away and left me here, Honest Monk said.

Leave you here? Lu Xiaofeng shouted, Why would he leave you here? I was not looking for you.

Amituofo, Honest Monk said with a laugh, Appearance is empty. Sha Man is Honest Monk. You found me, its the same as you found Sha Man.

Lu Xiaofeng really wanted to laugh, but he simply could not laugh.

Therefore, he had no choice but stepping forward, stepping toward Honest Monk, and spread his arms wide.

What are you doing? Honest Monk asked.

Lu Xiaofeng said, Didnt you say that finding you is just the same as finding Sha Man?

Thats right, Honest Monk said.

Lu Xiaofeng said, When I found Sha Man, the first thing I want to do is to embrace her. Therefore, I want to embrace you.

Honest Monk stepped back while waving his hands. Thats a big no-no, he said.

Why not? Lu Xiaofeng asked.

Because Monk is also a man, Honest Monk said, Man cannot embrace another man.

Thanks foxs. Just about to knock off to dreamland when I saw the update. Finally our honest(?) monk appears

Thanks foxs. The monk appears .... guess the showdown is soon.

Hah! I knew it! I've just read too much Gulong by now.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

In the 2nd novel, lxf wondered if honest monk belongs to any organisation like red shoes. Maybe he dpes. Maybe honest monk is an invisible man.

Thanks foxs

In adaptations of books on LXF, those who are "close" to him seem to end up being baddies... except for the few very close friends (blind Hua Manlou, Sikong Zhaixing and Ximen Chuixue)

Thumbs up

Thanks foxs. You are very much appreciated.

Thanks, foxs.