Obituary: So Hang Shuen Passed Away at 62 Years Old

Veteran Hong Kong actress So Hang Shuen (蘇杏璇) passed away on June 12, 2013 at the age of 62 years old. Having suffered for years from diabetes, Suen Jeh’s body weight fell from 150 pounds to below 100 pounds. Although she was able to leave Queen Elizabeth Hospital last week, her condition worsened once again a few days ago. Shuen Jeh then experienced a stroke that brought upon further complications, leading to her death.
Shuen Jeh was a member of the first TVB artist training class in 1972. She participated in numerous TVB dramas from the 1970s to the 1990s, earning wide recognition from the audience. Some of her most memorable works include Legend of the Condor Heroes <射雕英雄傳>, Looking Back in Anger <義不容情> and Police Cadet <新扎師兄>. In 1995, Shuen Jeh took a break from filming in TVB and opened a vegetarian restaurant. In 2000, she filmed two dramas for ATV.

Died Peacefully
Shuen Jeh won the Best Supporting Actress award at the 2012 Hong Kong Film Awards for her performance in Life Without Principle <奪命金>. Unfortunately, she was unable to carry home the award herself due to her illness. Shuen Jeh entered the hospital several times in recent years. Due to festering flesh, her toes had to be amputated in order to save her life. But even after four operations, her diabetes worsened.
Since Shuen Jeh was a Buddhist, her son revealed that a Buddhist funeral ceremony will be conducted. He shared, “I want to say that my mother passed away peacefully. Most of the important family members were by her side, so she had no regrets.”

link
http://www.jaynestars.com/news/obitu...-62-years-old/

R.I.P.