Thread: Stocks

Default Stocks

anyone a trader/investor here?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Do you have any tip/advice on trade/investment?

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Do you have any tip/advice on trade/investment?
    well i normally am a swing trader, so i never hold anything more than 2 weeks, so i'll probably give u bad investment ideas lol

but i am thinking about shorting gold.

how bout u any tips/advice

You guys might want to read the works of Jim Rogers and Victor Sperandeo. Both of these guys worked for George Soros at one point, and their insights into the future of stocks (and many other aspects of the economy) are eye-opening...and a bit frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    You guys might want to read the works of Jim Rogers and Victor Sperandeo. Both of these guys worked for George Soros at one point, and their insights into the future of stocks (and many other aspects of the economy) are eye-opening...and a bit frightening.
    will take a look into that

btw just made a killing on gold lol

LuNar, after you take a look, provide us all with a summary. Heh. j/k

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    will take a look into that

btw just made a killing on gold lol
    I just started going into long positions on silver (and a tiny bit of gold) over the last couple of month, and have been getting killed as it breaks through support after support.

Guess my attempt at asset allocation could've been better timed, but I've always wanted some physical bars just for fun... although they are bars, and not yuan bao shaped like you see in wuxia.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Buying into silver is a good idea. As is gold.

Gotta root for chinese growth to stabilize and accelerate a little - recent signs are good.

I look at my portfolio and all my losers are gold/commodity related. China, Europe, emerging markets, killed me.

My non-commodity stocks are perfectly fine. Not surprising since the S&P 500 is up like 20% this year.

One solace I have is buying AAPL at 398. Uncle Icahn made me happy today.

I have work-related trading restrictions so trying to manage my IRA can get quite annoying. Can't ever do daytrades or hold anything for less than 30 days. Totally BS regulations while institutional traders can manipulate the markets all they want.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

i dunno jiangbao, gold isnt as safe as it used to be, i see it stablizing maybe at 1150ish. my short on gold is working out very nice but prob gonna cover soon. can prob take an end of year vacation to europe at this rate lol.

ill prob load up on some sp500 puts soon with these tapering news coming

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i dunno jiangbao, gold isnt as safe as it used to be, i see it stablizing maybe at 1150ish. my short on gold is working out very nice but prob gonna cover soon. can prob take an end of year vacation to europe at this rate lol.

ill prob load up on some sp500 puts soon with these tapering news coming
    Did you go through with it? I went to a 20% cash position around Black Friday while eying some of the short funds but with the post taper reaction this afternoon I don't know anymore. I tend to be a very poor market timer so maybe I should just stick to buying random junk from holiday sales instead.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

ya i loaded 10% put position, which is doing really bad, but i did buy some calls yesterday to hedge my position, so my losses arnt as big. i will prob load more putsin the future

Are you going to go to Europe?

We just booked flights to Rome, and flights back from Paris. Planning to either drive or go by rail from Rome to Paris, and cover some choice attractions along the way. I wonder if France has heavy snow fall in Jan.

I wanted to go to Hawaii, and relax at a resort but c'est la vie.

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    Are you going to go to Europe?

We just booked flights to Rome, and flights back from Paris. Planning to either drive or go by rail from Rome to Paris, and cover some choice attractions along the way. I wonder if France has heavy snow fall in Jan.

I wanted to go to Hawaii, and relax at a resort but c'est la vie.
    im thinking either a western europe trip like london, paris, berlin, amsterdam or a hong kong, macao, taipei, and southern china one.

or i can buy a new car........ so im thinking, i wont have any vacation days til next year anyways (in 5 days LOL) so we'll see. have fun tho bro

i have a feeling big ben is gonna take a big cut out of my stock earnings this year

Stocks and shares website that I regularly visit Http://Sgtalk.org