Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ancient Sword Fantasy 《古剑奇谭》 - Li Yi Feng, Yang Mi, William Chan, Ma Tianyu

I agree with u mystic. The story basically saying u can try change ur fate but its already predestined by heaven. The gods in this series is messed up imo like fairy from wonderland.

But like u said ending seems too rush, even xiang ling fox demon didnt meet her parents again. N hong yi sword spirit didnt even get to confess her love to the sword elder. I mean i still enjoyed the series because new story n everything. But compared to chinese paladin series, cp is way better. Still good series most these game series focus on story n chemistry vs cgi n fight choreography. I wish they have better cgi tho. Power rangers have better cgi. I just wonder why they dont try harder with graphics. Graphics always looks so cheesy n looks like its from early 2000s

I am watching this at the moment. I find myself really enjoying it (which comes as a bit of a surprise to me for I generally do not like these kind of Chinese fantasy stories). I agree with the post upthread about the likability of the various characters.

I have just finished the part with the Qin Shi Huang tomb. I kind of dread what is to come from TuSu's and QianShang's hallucinations at Zi Xian villa, it seems to me their next step may be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    I agree with u mystic. The story basically saying u can try change ur fate but its already predestined by heaven. The gods in this series is messed up imo like fairy from wonderland.

But like u said ending seems too rush, even xiang ling fox demon didnt meet her parents again. N hong yi sword spirit didnt even get to confess her love to the sword elder. I mean i still enjoyed the series because new story n everything. But compared to chinese paladin series, cp is way better. Still good series most these game series focus on story n chemistry vs cgi n fight choreography. I wish they have better cgi tho. Power rangers have better cgi. I just wonder why they dont try harder with graphics. Graphics always looks so cheesy n looks like its from early 2000s
    Thats exactly I thought. When I finished it one part of me liked it but then one part of me was like wait it ended? There were too many loss ends. I think they rushed too much with wanting to end the story soon after the dead of you know who...but it was too abrupt. The small 5minute epilogue didn't answer much.

I been meaning to find another cgi drama to watch. I have been both this and XY Sword. Of the Paladin series, do you have to watch it in order? I don't have much time but I want to pic one of them to watch. What would you recommend?

http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com...-analysis.html

Posted my critical review of this series, which I recommend you not bother watching if you haven't already.

The review details why this drama had all the ingredients to be satisfying ... but fell short of doing so.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

I'm working my way through this series right now, almost half way done. It's not a perfect series but it is enjoyable and nice to see a different story. I was browsing on youtube and noticed that there is a sequel to the original rpg game. Does anyone know the plotline of this sequel and does it continue off from the original story?

Finally finished this series. SUPER depressing numbing ending. Really wished that they left Baili Tusu a way out, a way to cheat what fate had in store for him. He deserved better than what he got. Wished Xiang Ling could find her parents but it's for her own safety that she doesn't and I really doubt her parents will risk acknowledging her even if she were to see them again. I think that LanSheng and YueYan made more sense than LanSheng and XiangLing. Like many characters said in the series, XiangLing is still young and her maturity and understanding is still of a child. Whereas LanSheng matured and learned responsibility fast in the second half of the series and went beyond XiangLing's grasp.

I don't get why Qiangshang could teleport everybody down to the city for the final battle but he couldn't teleport everybody back out and save Baili Tusu the last effort.

Just finished this serie and it is indeed a very depressing ending. Don't know what to watch next. Any recommendations? I really enjoyed young warriors and strange hero. Is there any serie that is similar?

Chinese Paladin 1, 3, 5, Swordsmen 2013, romance of condor heroes 2014, if u haven't watched previous adaptions.

Legend if condor heroes 2008, legend of qin 2015, Legend of Zu 2015 was actually better then most xian xia series so far.. xin Xiao shi yi lang 2016 is pretty good waiting for subs, Legend of Chusen 2016 currently ep 25 subs if you haven't watched that yet is pretty good,....

Depends if you wanna watch older series or newer one with more drama and less action. Tvb, atv, singapore series in 90 to 2010 are good... Watching Blue Vein similar to My Date a with Vampire made by tvb pretty good so far.

Sword heroes fate with nice tse n charlene is live action version of Sword Art Online.

Speaking of young warriors (with Hu Ge right?), I thought I love it as much as the older version with Alec Su so I went back to re-watch and only realized how much I hate the dubber for Chae Rim, jiieeeez, but I really like her though, just cannot bear the voice.

Wow thanks! I already watched chinese paladin 1 and 3, swordsman 2013, roch 2014, loch 2008. I also enjoyed these series except roch 2014 because I liked roch 2006 more.

I think I will watch legend of qin or legend of zu, witch one is better to watch first?