Thread: Mu Fu Feng Yun/ Turbulence of the Mu Clan 《木府风云》

Default Mu Fu Feng Yun/ Turbulence of the Mu Clan 《木府风云》

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bqghAMA1K_Y/UDw_QeN_glI/AAAAAAAADh4/Xv_kFHf1JmA/s1600/title.jpg')
    Mandarin Title: Mu Fu Feng Yun/ Turbulence of the Mu Clan 《木府风云》
    Episode: 40
    Broadcasting Channel: CCTV
    Genre: Ethnic History, Romance, Family Politics

Cast:
    Choo Ja Hyun as Aleqiu
    Zhu Xiao Yu as Mu Zeng
    Ray Lui as Mu Qing
    Yu Rong Guang as Mu Long
    Pan Hong as Luo Shi Ning
    Sun Wei as Mu Kun
    Su Xi Wei as Azhao

Synopsis:

Set in the Ming Dynasty, the local Naxi Mu clan is the administrative and governing authority of Lijiang Prefecture at the foothills of the Himalayas Mountains. Its family members used blood and violence to reach the pinnacle of power. A casualty of this bloodshed was a young girl by the named of Aleqiu who was ingrained from childhood to exact revenge against the Mu clan for the extermination of her own family. As a child, she infiltrated the Mu clan and became a maidservant to the family's matriarch. Her mind is filled with schemes and manipulations, but Aleqiu still possesses her youthful innocence and kindness. She also unfortunately falls in love with her young master and heir to the governorship of Lijiang, Mu Zeng. Just when the two lovebirds feel the hopelessness of their love and decide to be together in death, hope appears on the horizon. Aleqiu succeeds in becoming Mu Zeng's concubine, but her problems in the Mu household have only begun...

Related Links:
    A Refreshing and Epic Restelling of Naxi Ethnic History in Turbulence of Mu Clan

Pretty Video:

MV of Theme Song

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-g66yAyE1Vas/UDwuffMVDoI/AAAAAAAADhk/7ZidrfBdUCQ/s1600/Img3823091_n.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DW0WGtiT4uI/UDyDQtrZOtI/AAAAAAAADjE/ieYe6nYln3E/s1600/Img4118749_n.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/7551c477jw1dwcvu5509gj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/93f40314jw1dw5nuirl0tj.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 08-29-12 at 09:23 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Someone drew an anime version of Aleqiu...love the look of this outfit
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/a173e784jw1dwcrtyd8qjj.jpg')

It's too bad that it doesn't have any English subtitles. So want to see it. If anyone knows of subtitles for this, please let me know...
    I don't make my decisions fearing fate, Fate makes his.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    A very nice site you have!
    Wallace Huo's information site, forum and Facebook: www.wallacehuo.info

i think this drama was very heavy with the intrigue, and up to few episodes i've watched i think azhao and the old lady are very clever compared to aleqiu , aleqiu put a letter in the old guy leader's room then she got caught and framed too , although because of the letter, the children misunderstood each other
    Last edited by 12blbl; 09-02-12 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    A very nice site you have!
    Thanks! Your Wallace Huo's site is very impressive! Did you build it from scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by 12blbl View Post
    i think this drama was very heavy with the intrigue, and up to few episodes i've watched i think azhao and the old lady are very clever compared to aleqiu , aleqiu put a letter in the old guy leader's room then she got caught and framed too , although because of the letter, the children misunderstood each other
    Yep, Aleqiu isn't quite as smart. I think Mu Zeng is smarter than her. I wish she was smarter though and not too gulliable. I think in the series, the grandmother and Azhao are the most cunning. Mu Zeng is book smart and good at handling sensitive political problems.

EDIT: Actually, I take back what I said earlier. Aleqiu got smarter in ep. 22.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 09-02-12 at 03:46 AM.

This drama is doing too badly in China. It is currently placed 5th in video rankings.
    Last edited by chopa; 09-02-12 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chopa View Post
    This drama is doing too badly in China. It is currently placed 5th in video rankings.
    It's actually doing very well in TV ratings, which is the main indication of how well this series can profit from commercials. For comparison purposes, I remember Ruby Lin's Qing Shi Huang Fei made A LOT of money after earning a TV ratings ~1.8 and Hu Ge's Xuan Yuan Jian ratings averages only around 1.5 points. Mu Fu Feng Yun's TV ratings surpassed 3 points in its last 10 episodes (?) and achieved over 2 points in the beginning during its second round of broadcast.

I think the 5th place in video ranking you're referring to is from Sohu TV? Well, Sohu is one of the three major internet outlets who acquired the rights to stream this drama. I believe CNTV is the official source and QiYi is also showing it. This series is just not as popular online because the audience is a more matured and older group who don't go online often and it's been released for awhile too (June 20).
    Last edited by JoleCole; 09-02-12 at 06:36 PM.

This drama is actually really good. I enjoyed watching it. I think everyone should give it a try. I was really impress by the clothes and their traditions. It's gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2i7...y3rGanX6y3aOKS

I got hold of the dvd - very good plot, scripting and directing!
    Unfortunately the English subs left was badly done. Good thing I can understand a bit of chinese and with the poor subs, could follow the story. Now at disk 6 (of 10)

The lead korean actress resembles another korean actress (Jewel in the Palace) a bit, tho younger and (IMO) prettier. I think their acting mannerisms are almost identical (have both DVDs)

200509300.jpg
    20120623095109854908.jpg
    Last edited by ycb5959; 07-26-13 at 02:04 AM.