Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Princess Hua Jeng (Huazheng)

Maybe she is the great great grandmother of ZM.

From political/legal perspective (at least under Mongolian POV), GJ and HZ were practically married. I don't think just because he was in love with HR and not HZ that eliminates the "cheating" aspect.

I also don't recall GJ trying to actively end the engagement. It was like "my mom died and oops war".

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Maybe she is the great great grandmother of ZM.
    Historically, the Uighur Temur family (from which Chiu Mun was descended) were not blood relations with the Genghissids (e.g. blood descendants of Genghis Khan), but if Jin Yong had ever wanted to, he probably could have and would have retconned some obscure blood connection in via Princess Hua Jeng.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    From political/legal perspective (at least under Mongolian POV), GJ and HZ were practically married. I don't think just because he was in love with HR and not HZ that eliminates the "cheating" aspect.

I also don't recall GJ trying to actively end the engagement. It was like "my mom died and oops war".
    Hua Zheng held the engagement to have been annulled by the consequences of her actions, which might from a certain perspective have been the cause of a feud between her and Guo Jing. As her apology and offering, she warned Guo Jing about the Mongol plans.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Not sure if this one has been covered before but came up in a discussion today. If GJ was bethrothed to Huazheng, was his courtship with HR considered cheating?
    Strictly speaking GJ was cheating on the Huang family, as he was competing for HR's hand under false pretence. I know HR was aware of his engagement but by not making it known to Huang Yaoshi he was making a very big social breach.
    Last edited by Mandred Skavenslayer; 12-03-17 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Did GJ cheat on Huazheng?

No. They were never in love. GJ never had a love relationship with her prior meeting Wong Yung. I wonder how she feel about KJ fate after ROCH. If she was alive at that time, would she or Tolui try to stop it? I refuse to believe KJ and WY lost to the Mongols in the end.
    Believe it or not, it happened. GJ and HR failed. The Mongol won.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Believe it or not, it happened. GJ and HR failed. The Mongol won.
    No matter how powerful your martial arts or how clever your brain, you aren't going to win against history

i remember some critics or analytics analyse from certain parts of the facts or novels that, Zhao Min could be the descendent of Guo Jing/Huang Rong (through Guo Polu - as by that time when he died in the war with his parents, he was probably mid 20 - 30 and he would have been married with a kid or two). And the Analytics mentioned that, Huang Rong would not allow the Guo family to die without any descendents. So she would have planned and arranged for Guo Polu's young kids to go seek refugee to Princess HuaZheng (assuming she is not married) and assuming that due to her guilt towards Li Ping, she would help to take care of Guo Jing's grandchildren.
    But of course, this may not be true (only Jinyong would know) and this may be just some guessing on the novel analytics part.
    However, How nice if this is the truth - my personal wish that it is the truth
    hahahaha

there is also another saying that Guo Polu's descendeants may have escape to the Persia, and ultimately Xiao Zhao and her mum could be the descendents of Guo Jing. This is derive from the fact that Xiao Zhao is very well versed with 5 Xing Ba Gua studies and Qi Men Dun Jia skills, like Huang Rong. and In the Novel, Xiao Zhao did mention that the 5 Xing Ba Gua, Qi men Dun jia are inherited skills from her ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by laurenhuang View Post
    i remember some critics or analytics analyse from certain parts of the facts or novels that, Zhao Min could be the descendent of Guo Jing/Huang Rong (through Guo Polu - as by that time when he died in the war with his parents, he was probably mid 20 - 30 and he would have been married with a kid or two). And the Analytics mentioned that, Huang Rong would not allow the Guo family to die without any descendents. So she would have planned and arranged for Guo Polu's young kids to go seek refugee to Princess HuaZheng (assuming she is not married) and assuming that due to her guilt towards Li Ping, she would help to take care of Guo Jing's grandchildren.
    But of course, this may not be true (only Jinyong would know) and this may be just some guessing on the novel analytics part.
    hahahaha
    As far as I know, Chiu Mun was 100% ethnic Uighur. If she has any Han ancestry, it isn't a matter of record.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    As far as I know, Chiu Mun was 100% ethnic Uighur. If she has any Han ancestry, it isn't a matter of record.
    hahahaah ya
    that is why i said I wish it is the truth hahahahaha
    sometimes i just wish JY can just come out with another short novel, detailing what happen in between and whether Guo Jing has any descendents.
    I wonder if we can make such request to him

hahahaah ya
    that is why i said I wish it is the truth hahahahaha
    sometimes i just wish JY can just come out with another short novel, detailing what happen in between and whether Guo Jing has any descendents.
    I wonder if we can make such request to him
    You can't. JY passed away.

hahahaha
    I would rather Guo Polu has no children. Princess Huazheng would not let the child live in peace. She would be merciless toward the child knowing the child is grand child of KJ and WY.

I would rather Guo Polu has no children. Princess Huazheng would not let the child live in peace. She would be merciless toward the child knowing the child is grand child of KJ and WY.
    Doesn't sound like Princess Hua Jeng's characterization. She was never shown to be vindictive that way.

Apart from your prejudice against "uncivilized" people what are you basing this on?

Apart from your prejudice against "uncivilized" people what are you basing this on?
    OT: Peace. It is a good thread. Don't let Ken close it.

Since the Mongols killed the child entire family so natural he/she would want revenge on them. The Mongols would not take such risk.

Since the Mongols killed the child entire family so natural he/she would want revenge on them. The Mongols would not take such risk.
    And what in Hua Jeng's history shows that she would think like this?