Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Princess Hua Jeng (Huazheng)

Default Princess Hua Jeng (Huazheng)

Where is Princess Hua Jeng during ROCH? What happened to her after LOCH? I wonder whether she moves on with someone else after LOCH or stay single thinking about KJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Where is Princess Hua Jeng during ROCH? What happened to her after LOCH? I wonder whether she moves on with someone else after LOCH or stay single thinking about KJ.
    I *vaguely* remember hearing somewhere that she had *died* at some point between LOCH and ROCH, but I don't know how accurate that information is.

I'm pretty sure I don't remember her dying but I also don't think any further information was given about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I *vaguely* remember hearing somewhere that she had *died* at some point between LOCH and ROCH, but I don't know how accurate that information is.
    If she passed away at some point between LOCH and ROCH, I wonder whether because of she can't live without Gwok Jing. Too bad that her brothers and Nephews did not love her much. If they did, they could save her by making agreement with Gwok Jing. If they agree to stop their invasion, Gwok Jing would agree to take Wah Jeng as his second wife. Her life would be saved .

If she passed away at some point between LOCH and ROCH, I wonder whether because of she can't live without Gwok Jing. Too bad that her brothers and Nephews did not love her much. If they did, they could save her by making agreement with Gwok Jing. If they agree to stop their invasion, Gwok Jing would agree to take Wah Jeng as his second wife. Her life would be saved .
    The complete farce of that scenario aside, Hua Zheng could never face Guo Jing again because she held herself responsible for the death of Li Ping. She probably never forgave herself until her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    The complete farce of that scenario aside, Hua Zheng could never face Guo Jing again because she held herself responsible for the death of Li Ping. She probably never forgave herself until her death.
    If she was still around during ROCH era, I wonder whether she had moved on with another man or still alone thinking about GJ. I wonder whether she tried to stop her nephews Mongke and Khublai from going after GJ. Even if she did, I doubt her nephews would listen to her. If she was still around during the fall of Xiangyang, I wonder how does she feel about the death of GJ and his family.

I thought she became a nun at the end of LOCH.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    She became a nun in LOCH94 but not LOCH82.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    She went to join her brother Jochi in the western steppes. It's in her letter to Guo Jing where she warned him about the planned Mongolian invasion of Song.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    She went to join her brother Jochi in the western steppes. It's in her letter to Guo Jing where she warned him about the planned Mongolian invasion of Song.
    And that's also the last thing we heard about her. No mentioning of Hua Zheng in ROCH I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Yu View Post
    And that's also the last thing we heard about her. No mentioning of Hua Zheng in ROCH I believe.
    If she still alive when Seung Yeung fell, I wonder how would she feel knowing the entire family of KJ (except Kwok Seung) got killed?

Default Did GJ cheat on Huazheng?

Not sure if this one has been covered before but came up in a discussion today. If GJ was bethrothed to Huazheng, was his courtship with HR considered cheating?

Back then having multiple wives is normal. So it's not cheating. He could have both.

Strictly speaking, yes. He had promised Princess Hua Jeng and her father Genghis Khan that he would marry the princess, and ultimately, he did not fulfill that promise.

It is necessary, however to consider several mitigating factors:

1. It was never a betrothal that he sought out, but was forced upon him. Even so, he did originally plan to honor it.

2. The fate of Gwok Jing's mother, and the fact that the Mongols were planning an invasion of the Southern Sung Kingdom, threw a monkey wrench into the whole deal. Gwok Jing could not honor his commitment to Princess Hua Jeng without also becoming, like Yeung Hong, a traitor to his native culture.

It was a dilemma that could not be resolved. It does not change the fact that, indeed, Gwok Jing failed to keep his promise to marry the princess, but under the circumstances, few people would hold that fact against him.

To think about the "multiple wives" possibility, so is it
    1. HZ who disallow GJ to have HR as a second wife? or
    2. HR does not want to be the second wife?

Or (1) and (2) were never discussed among GJ, HZ and HR. I remembered vaguely (which I can be wrong) that the 7 Freaks noted that it is common to have multiple wives. But then, what happened?

HR never really struck me as much of a "sharer" especially in matters of love. Even GJ who was socialized in Mongolia would have picked up on the jealousy as "topic to avoid at all costs".

Feel like book book HZ is more fierce than tv HZ. She is princess so I think she would be tolerant of harem but not of 2nd wife with almost equal status.

Did GJ cheat on Huazheng?

No. They were never in love. GJ never had a love relationship with her prior meeting Wong Yung. I wonder how she feel about KJ fate after ROCH. If she was alive at that time, would she or Tolui try to stop it? I refuse to believe KJ and WY lost to the Mongols in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    If she died shortly after LOCH, I wonder whether Jochi is responsible for her death.

If she died shortly after LOCH, I wonder whether Jochi is responsible for her death.
    no clue for her life after she joined her second brother Chagatai live in western region (probably outside of mongol)

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    no clue for her life after she joined her second brother Chagatai live in western region (probably outside of mongol)
    Maybe she hooked up with an ancestor of Borat.