Thread: Ouyang Feng's elder brother

Default Ouyang Feng's elder brother

Was his first name given in the novel? We know that the brother's wife had an affair with Ouyang Feng and begat Ouyang Ke. How exactly did the brother and his wife pass away?

Did Jin Yong mention anything about this brother in his interviews? Such as how talented he was?

I'm just speculating, but I imagine the brother must have been more powerful than Qiu QianRen's twin brother. Qiu's twin must have the same reaction speed and nervous system quality as QianRen, so the twins were equally talented but I think only QianRen was taught the Iron Palm, since he was the one who saved clan leader Shangguan.

Since the White Camel Sect's rules state that there can only be one disciple, so is it possible that the elder brother knew NO advanced martial arts at all? So regardless of how talented he was, he could not become very powerful without strong arts for him to study.

FYI, in the novel Qiu Qianren's bro basically said that their martial arts were originally equal, but somehow his brother started to make huge leaps and bounds. All three of them (ie, including Qiu Qianchi, the sister) should have been taught the Iron Palm, as they were all familiar with it. No explanation in the novel was given.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

When was this ? I didn't even know they mentioned the sister until ROCH

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    When was this ? I didn't even know they mentioned the sister until ROCH
    You mean Qiu Qianchi? Yes, that part was in ROCH, not in LOCH. In LOCH, it was shown that QQR/QQZ both knew Iron Palms, and in ROCH, Qiu Qianchi was able to describe it as well. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    FYI, in the novel Qiu Qianren's bro basically said that their martial arts were originally equal, but somehow his brother started to make huge leaps and bounds. All three of them (ie, including Qiu Qianchi, the sister) should have been taught the Iron Palm, as they were all familiar with it. No explanation in the novel was given.
    Maybe QQR was taught some secret (inner power) skill by the sect chief as he was earmarked as the next chieft?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    You mean Qiu Qianchi? Yes, that part was in ROCH, not in LOCH. In LOCH, it was shown that QQR/QQZ both knew Iron Palms, and in ROCH, Qiu Qianchi was able to describe it as well. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    Its more fun this way, with innate talent being a big factor instead of OMG I FELL OFF A CLIFF AND GOT THIS UBER MANUAL!

I wish JY had a couple of character which received and learnt some super high level arts but were still proven to lose to more talented fighters with more mundane skills. YTZ/DY doesnt really count since they never properly trained in fighting.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!