Thread: Chow Yun Fat returns as God of Gamblers in new film

Thumbs up Chow Yun Fat returns as God of Gamblers in new film

Chow Yun Fat returns as God of Gamblers in new film

Chow Yun Fat is set to appear as the God of Gamblers once more, in Hong Kong director Wong Jing's new film “From Vegas to Macau”.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.channelnewsasia.com/image/759480/1375080865000/large16x9/768/432/chow-yun-fat.jpg')Hong Kong actor Chow Yun Fat poses on the red carpet at the 2011 Hong Kong Film Awards. (AFP / Dale De La Rey)

HONG KONG: Hong Kong actor Chow Yun Fat will reprise his role as the God of Gamblers, a man with impossible skill at the gambling table, in Hong Kong director Wong Jing’s new gambling-themed film, which is tentatively titled “From Vegas to Macau”, reported Hong Kong media.
    The film also stars Hong Kong actor Nicholas Tse, who plays a man who originally wanted to learn gambling skills from the God of Gamblers, but later learns how to be a better person under his tutelage.
    Wong, who directed the original “God of Gamblers” in 1989, said "From Vegas to Macau" isn't exactly a direct sequel to "God of Gamblers", but will instead have “a new story and new characters”, as well as “contain a large number of comedic elements” during the film’s commencement ceremony in Hong Kong on Sunday.
    He added that audiences will get to see the comedic side of Chow in the film, and even hear him break into song.
    Chow’s comedic talents were already on full display during the ceremony, when he responded to questions about why he took the role.
    “Of course it’s because the production crew is strong, there are a lot of beautiful women, and I get the chance to act alongside my idol Nicholas Tse.
    “If I don’t, I won’t be able to do right by his parents. When I was shooting in TVB, I worked with his parents and they took good care of me."
    "Now I want to ‘repay the favour’, and see if there are chances to bully him,” said Chow, drawing laughter from the gathered media.
    “From Vegas to Macau”, which also stars Chapman To, Kimmy Tong and Jing Tian, is currently scheduled for release during the Lunar New Year period next year.
    It will be Chow’s first appearance in a Hong Kong film in some 30 years.

- CNA/ha
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...as/759472.html

30 years???

Seems quite a lot? And God of Gamlers was made in 1989? Maybe 20...