Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: A Martial Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Really enjoyed your story so far, please keep it coming, looking forward to chapter 13...
    Thanks >.< Was very buzy this week, many overtime including sat and sunday.

Luckily, Chapter 13 isn't too long. Here it is, enjoy~

Chapter 13: Gongsun Manor

Nangong Le was looking pale as he walked in the streets. Even though Priest Ling Kongquan wanted to support him but Nangong Le refused.

Priest Ling Kongquan was surprised that Nangong Le could continue to walk so dignifiedly despite breaking his ribs.

He asked, “Are you really alright?”

Nangong Le smiled bitterly, “What do you think?”

Priest Ling Kongquan managed an awkward smile, “You really can smile. I have heard that you been practicing the Exuberant Divine Skill for more than ten years now. That is indeed a most extraordinary inner martial skill.”

Actually Nangong Le was feeling real awful and miserable now. But he had to maintain his refine mannerism and his dignity for the congregation. He did not want his enemies and opponents to know that he was injured.

All of a sudden, Nangong Le began to increase his walking pace much to the surprise of Priest Ling Kongquan. It was as though his injuries had suddenly vanished!

Nangong Le was heading towards a handsome young man and an alluring beautiful lady in white. In fact, it seemed that the entire street was also looking in their direction!

A handsome young man with a charismatic aura with a white long sword walked down the street. If anyone were to look into his face, it seemed to be glowing and untainted with malice. He was pleasing to look at and caused everyone to remember that there was still righteousness and goodness in the world.

As for the alluring maiden that was beside him, was like a fairy maiden that had descended upon the mortal realm. She was extremely beautiful and graceful. Even though she was very pale and white, she was filled with vitality. Her smiles were wondrous and piercing, everyone instantly thought she was amicable and intimate, an illusion that caused everyone to think that she alone was smiling and friendly to them alone.

They were indeed Yi Ping and Ji Lingfeng.

When Yi Tianxing had left the valley to visit the grave of his late wife Shui Yichi, he warned them not to look for Gongsun Bai and instead spent the time to practice hard on their martial skills until he was back.

Yi Ping and Ji Lingfeng knew that he would be away for at least six months.

So when Ji Lingfeng had said to him, “In a few days, there will be a huge gathering hosted by none other than Gongsun Bai himself. With so many people, there is no better time than this to sneak into the Gongsun Manor amidst the confusion. What more, we can take the opportunity to embarrass him in front of the heroes of the martial fraternity.”

He had asked her, “How did you know and what is your purpose of going there?”

She said, “I was already aware of it three months ago. Moreover, this gathering is not a secret and almost everyone in the fraternity knows about it. I want to attend the gathering and if possible, to disrupt it. However I am acting alone as my brother disapproves of it. The orthodox pugilists would probably fight for leadership and it is an excellent opportunity for me to witness their martial skills so that I can forewarn my brother.”

With that in mind, they had set off hurriedly for the Gongsun Manor.

He turned to ask her in a low voice, “You say that today is the day the Gongsun Clan will host a grand congregation that invites the majority of the orthodox fraternity. And it is the best time to infiltrate into the residency of the Gongsun Clan and to kill Gongsun Bai. Why is that as soon as we entered the town, we seem to be monitored? Have they already known of our plans or because they know who you are?”

Ji Lingfeng smiled and said endearingly, “I have never walked in the martial fraternity before. It is not possible for anyone to have ever seen or heard of me. Look at you, getting nervous even before we are there. To be honest, we don’t have any invitations. Even though the number of pugilists and renowned people that have been invited are numerous, the Gongsun Clan will be vigilant against strangers and will not allow any heretic and unorthodox exponents into the gathering.”

Yi Ping growled softly, “You are the one that says that there will be confusion with so many people and there is no better opportunity to sneak in than this.”

Ji Lingfeng was smiling at him endearingly, “I have thought that we may be able to sneak into the Gongsun Manor but look at all the attention we are getting. Now I don’t think it is possible now.”

Yi Ping asked, “Then how?”

Ji Lingfeng said, “We just have to try our luck and look for an opportunity.”

All of a sudden, Yi Ping halted his steps. It was because he suddenly saw a refine man approaching him. Behind him was a middle age priest in his fifties.

The refine man bowed respectfully with his hands and asked, “I apologize for interrupting. Are you going to the Gongsun Manor as well?”

Even though he was bowing respectfully, his eyes had never left Ji Lingfeng.

Yi Ping was forthright and he answered without hesitation, “That’s right.”

Perhaps the refine man sensed that he was not being recognized or being look upon favorably by Yi Ping and Ji Lingfeng, so he quickly said, “Alas, what a coincident! I too, am going there. I apologize again for intruding all of a sudden. I, Nangong Le, enjoy making friends from all over the fraternity. May I have the honor of knowing your name and this maiden?”

Who had never heard of Nangong Le the Joyous from the Nangong Aristocracy Clan? He was one of the four most influential and renowned young masters of the martial fraternity and was destined for greater things in the future. Among the four young masters of the martial fraternity, he was said to be the richest and his wealth rivaled that of the imperial treasury.

Nangong Le pointed to Priest Ling Kongquan and said, “This is Priest Ling Kongquan. He is a prominent elder of the Tranquil City.”

Priest Ling Kongquan was startled at how spirited Nangong Le was. Just a moment ago, he was looking so pale and weak. He sighed to himself, “Is that how he got his nickname of Nangong Le the Joyous?”

Yi Ping simply said, “I am Yi Ping.” He did not introduce Ji Lingfeng or appeared to be interested in the conversation.

Nangong Le was slightly startled. Usually when he announced his name, everyone would be trying to flatter him and be acquainted with him. But this young man did not appear to be interested.

Nangong Le awkwardly said, “Young hero must be someone who comes from a renowned clan or an established orthodox clan to be invited to the Gongsun Manor. May I have the honor to know your illustrious background?”

Ji Lingfeng smiled and said, “My younger protégé brother Yi Ping is the son of the Yi Tianxing. We don’t have any invitations from the Gongsun Clan. But because Gongsun Bai was the sworn brother of our protégé master, we thought of paying him a visit. That is all.”

Nangong Le was startled that Yi Ping was the son of the Great hero Yi Tianxing who had seemingly disappeared from the martial fraternity twenty-five years ago. His exploits were many and till today, was often mentioned by many. He was even more startled that this maiden took the initiative of talking to him.

So he thought, “Is she also interested in me? That is excellent! So she is the older protégé sister of this Yi Ping. This must be their first time that they are traveling in the fraternity. They seem to lack caution.”

So he said amicably, “I have heard of the exploits of the Great Hero Yi Tianxing. In all my life, I have only admired him!”

When he noticed that Yi Ping’s eyes had shone, he quickly added, “Today I can be acquainted with his descendant, I am greatly honored! If I am born twenty years earlier, I might have the opportunity to be acquainted with this legendary hero…alas!”

Yi Ping said respectfully, “My father will be pleased to know that!”

Even Priest Ling Kongquan had heard of the renown of Yi Tianxing and he quickly said, “Young hero, you are the son of Great Hero Yi? I am Priest Ling Kongquan. I enjoying making friends and if young hero did not feel I am unworthy, we can be friends too.”

Yi Ping quickly said, “The Tranquil City is a renowned clan in the fraternity. It is my honor to be acquainted with you instead.”

Ling Kongquan smiled and said, “That is my honor as well. Is your father well? The martial fraternity has not heard of him for a long time.”

Yi Ping sighed, “It is a long story. Maybe I can share with you later.”

Ling Kongquan said, “I am not a nosy parker. If it is not convenient for Young Hero Yi to share, I understand.”

Ling Kongquan could sense his sorrows but he kept it to himself.

As for the maiden that was with him, he had never seen anyone as beautiful as her. Even though the twin sisters were extremely beautiful, they were icy cold. It was their coldness that reduced their attractiveness to him. But this maiden was personal and was smiling happily while they were talking. It was as though she was a close friend who was paying a great deal of attention to them.

Nangong Le said, “You must definitely come with me so that I can have the honor of befriending you. Since Brother Yi did not have any invitation and I have, I can easily invite you as my entourage and bring you into the Gongsun Manor!”

Yi Ping was surprised at his magnanimity, “Brother Nangong you are too kind to me. I apologize for my rudeness earlier!”

When Yi Ping knew that Nangong Le was his father’s admirer, his attitude towards him changed and he began to regard him as a friend!

Ji Lingfeng sighed in her heart, “He is so gullible! This Nangong Le has his eyes on me. He may have fooled Yi Ping but he cannot fool me.”

Indeed, Nangong Le quickly said, “I forget to ask for your older protégé sister’s name?”

Yi Ping replied, “Her name is Lingfeng.”

Ji Lingfeng glanced fiercely at him but in a blink of an eye later she was smiling again.

She had almost fainted from incredulity! How could he have given her name to anyone just like that? Normally, when the pugilists roamed the fraternity, they would use a fraternity name to hide their clan of origin or identities.

It was not that Yi Ping was not aware of this pugilist practice especially with a dubious background like Maiden Ji. But when she had intentional introduced him as her younger protégé brother and even revealed his father name, he was none too pleased about it even though he knew that she was trying to get an invitation from Nangong Le to enter the Gongsun Manor.

He did not want to make use of anyone to enter the Gongsun Manor. Even if he had to barge into the Gongsun Manor to confront Gongsun Bai, he would do it.

Nangong Le remarked to Ji Lingfeng, “What an enchanting name! I have also never seen anyone as beautiful as you. May I know if maiden is married?”

Ji Lingfeng said, “Even though I want to but unfortunately I am not.”

Nangong Le pretended to be disappointed and said, “Why is that so? With your wondrous beauty, I can imagine you surely have hordes of suitors and admirers?”

Ji Lingfeng sighed and she was instantly sad, “I hate to mention this but none of my suitors ever lived long enough to even engage to me. They all died of mishaps after they had sent the engagement gifts. It is like a deadly curse to me.”

Her sad countenance caused everyone to feel sad too. It was as though her emotions could affect everyone and the first thought was to comfort her.

Nangong Le was secretly pleased that she was still unmarried and he said, “Even if there is a curse, it is my privilege to die for you.”

Ji Lingfeng smiled alluringly, “We have just met and yet you are willing to die for me?”

Nangong Le laughed, “What I say is the truth!”

All of a sudden, Yi Ping could feel a boiling jealousy in his heart. He gritted his teeth and thought, “Maiden Ji has the right to choose her suitor. I cannot stop her. Moreover, my first priority is to avenge my parents and Yixian! Moreover, Nangong Le is rich and is compatible with her… ”

Yi Ping thoughts were disrupted when Nangong Lei said, “Brother Yi. Then, let us settle it. We shall go to the Gongsun Manor together! I am sure to be given a good seating position in the hall!”

Yi Ping bowed with his hands and said, “Let’s us go then!”

Priest Ling Kongquan whispered, “Brother Nangong, are you sure that in your current state, you can still go to the Gongsun Manor?”

Nangong Le laughed it off, “Do I look like I am injured to you?”

Yi Ping asked, “Brother Nangong, you are injured?”

Ji Lingfeng looked concerned at the same time as she asked, “You are injured?”

Nangong Le said, “Earlier I had a fight with someone. It is just a small ruffle and I sustain a slight injury.”

Ji Lingfeng smiled, “For that someone to pick a fight with the renowned Young Master Nangong of the Four Martial Young Masters fame, his injuries may be even worse.”

Nangong Le laughed merrily, “Of course, of course! It is a one side victory for me!”

Priest Ling Kongquan could not believe his ears as he sighed deeply, “He does anything to impress…”

When he looked at Nangong Le again, he was back to chatting merrily with Maiden Lingfeng and Yi Ping.

The Gongsun Manor was not an ordinary residence. It was located in the middle of the town and it had high walls around it. It was more like a fortress and there was a large moat at the entrance.

The Gongsun Clan ruled this town. This town had been built by the Gongsun Clan over the centuries. Most of the people in the town were actually associated with the Gongsun Clan.

There were guards everywhere, from the steps of the Gongsun Manor and to the top of the castle walls.

Because Yi Ping and Ji Lingfeng were the guests of Nangong Le, they made it through the gates of the Gongsun Manor without any hassle.

As they went through the gates and into the manor, one of the guards said to the other, “That Nangong Le is really something. I have never seen such a beautiful maiden in my life and probably never will. He is famous as a womanizer and it is said that everywhere that he goes, he will be always be companied by beautiful ladies. Now I truly believe!”

The other guard said, “Look at us. When we saw that maiden, we have actually forgotten to record Young Master Nangong Le’s guests’ names.”

The steward also sighed, “I too, have forgotten about it. I can recognize Priest Ling Kongquan. As for that young man and young maiden, I do not know.”

The first guard that spoke earlier said, “Surely, the guests of Nangong Le will not be troublemakers and none would be from the unorthodox clans. Let’s close an eye and get over it. There are still many more guests that are waiting.”

The steward nodded and signaled for the next group of guests to be brought in.

Ch13 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-07-14 at 09:23 PM.

Thanx for the exciting update.... Much appreciated for continuing the story...

Like most, can't wait to see some fight scenes in chapter 14... or when he re-unites with his wife who treats him with great kindness.. though both his wife and martial sister don't respect him enough to acknowledge him at this moment in time...
    Last edited by szfong; 08-18-13 at 12:30 PM.

Like most, can't wait to see some fight scenes in chapter 14... or when he re-unites with his wife who treats him with great kindness.. though both his wife and martial sister don't respect him enough to acknowledge him at this moment in time...
    Thanks for your heartfelt support =)

Oh yes, the next few chapters are quite interesting and exciting too =)

I apologize for the delay in subsequent chapters...suddenly I have so much work >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    Thanks for your heartfelt support =)

Oh yes, the next few chapters are quite interesting and exciting too =)

I apologize for the delay in subsequent chapters...suddenly I have so much work >.<
    Hi there. still avidly waiting. hope your work clears up.

Chapter 14: Zuo Tianyi

The grand hall of the Gongsun Manor was huge and majestic. It was divided into three colored walls, gold, silver and bronze colors. And the pugilists were partitioned within these walls according to their clan repute in the martial fraternity.

Gongsun Bai was the most powerful and most influential man in the entire martial fraternity for the past ten years. The Gongsun Martial Clan under his leadership had attracted many top martial exponents into the clan. Even top exponents like Gu Tianle the Warrior-God and Jue Yuan the Merciless was now in his protégé clan, the Honor Manor.

As the Grand Master of the Honor Manor, Gongsun Bai was also well-known for his martial abilities, the Ironclad Claw Skill and the Invincible Divine Force Skill.

In the martial fraternity, there was no one else other than Old Man Zuo the Sword Saint and Gu Tianle the Warrior-God that could rival his martial level. Old Man Zuo the Sword Saint had passed away last year and Gu Tianle the Warrior-God had joined the Honor Manor.

Now Gongsun Bai was not only the most powerful man in the entire martial fraternity, he was also the martial fraternity number one top exponent.

To be invited to the Honor Manor, even for those at the bronze seating, was a great prestige and honor. There were countless pugilists that were denied this opportunity and because of this, hundreds of small fights broke out in the martial fraternity to seize the invitations.

Needless to say, all the pugilists here presented today were fearsome exponents and experienced pugilists.

Nangong Le had a gold invitation. Naturally he was supposed to be a seated in the golden section, the closest to the host.

When he had entered the grand hall, he was instantly recognized by many. Unlike the other three young masters of the martial fraternity, Nangong Le spent most of his time in the martial fraternity and was acquainted with many.

Nangong Le fraternity name was ‘The Joyous’ for he was always smiling and in light spirits. And today he had reasons to smile.

When he first entered the grand hall, there was a sudden silence. Everyone seemed to turn their attentions to him. Even though his role in this congregation was minor, he seemed to be stealing the limelight and that he was causing great envy among many of the guests.

When Yi Ping and Ji Lingfeng entered the grand hall with him, the pugilists had never seen such a matching couple in terms of looks and magnetism. They had instantly captivated the attention of everyone, causing them to be awestruck.

Young Master Qiu Wufeng and the Heartless Scholar were among the guests presented. Even though they had met Yi Ping before but they failed to recognize him. It was because the Yi Ping they had briefly known then was a rugged traveler and this Yi Ping was clean and had a noble air around him. Moreover the Yi Ping then was just a nameless nobody. No one would pay him scant attention.

But today, he was in the company of Nangong Le and the opponents of Nangong Le would naturally be interested in anyone that was with him.

Ever since Young Master Qiu Wufeng retreated from the Heavenly Mountains, he had been thinking of the Celestial Fairy. He began to lose interest in his food and in other ladies. It was because he had never seen anyone as mesmerizing as the Celestial Fairy, until now.

Gongsun Jing recognized Yi Ping immediately. He wanted to recruit him to be his follower but a fight broke out between them. He thought, “No wonder he rejects my overturns. It is because he is already Nangong Le’s follower. What a pity!”

Jue Yuan had recognized both Yi Ping and Ji Lingfeng. He had tried to kill Yi Ping back then and had thought that Yi Ping was a protégé disciple of Young Master Qiu Wufeng. The Qiu clan had always opposed the Gongsun Clan. His first thought was, “Have the Qiu Clan and the Nangong Clan forged a secret alliance already?”

Gu Tianle the One-Arm Warrior-God had recognized Yi Ping and was relieved that this young man was well. He did not know that instead of helping Yi Ping that day, Jue Yuan had actually tried to kill him. Even though he had a grudge with Qiao Feng the Shadow Kicker, his intent was not to hurt him. He had thought that Qiao Feng was nearby and had wanted to settle a score with him.

Yi Ping however recognized them all. He thought, “Good! Even though I am being outnumbered today, I am not afraid of death. Let settle our scores once and for all today!”

He scanned his eyes for Gongsun Bai but it seemed that the host had not arrived yet.

He took a quick look and saw that only six out of the seven leading major orthodox clans were presented in the golden wall section. Judging from their colorful banners, the six major orthodox clans that were presented were the Infinity Sword Clan, the Zen Sect, the Monument Monastery, the Divine Sword Martial Clan, the Universal Truth Clan and the Traverse Clan.

The Ironclad Clan was inconspicuously absent from this meeting.

It was well known that the Ironclad Clan and the Heartless Scholar who was a follower of Young Master Qiu had a feud with one another and the Ironclad Clan would often be absented from any meetings that involved the Qiu Aristocracy Martial Clan.

There were at least thirty other clans that were seated in the silver and the bronze sections of the hall.

Yi Ping thought, “This Gongsun Bai is indeed influential. He is able to invite so many martial clans to this congregation. But where is he? Why is that I can only see Gongsun Jing? Maybe it is not the time for him to show up yet? His status must be really prominent to keep the martial congregation waiting for him.”

Gongsun Jing laughed gently and walked over to Nangong Le respectfully, saying. “Welcome, welcome Young Master Nangong! We have been waiting for you to start the meeting.”

Nangong Le laughed, “I am so honored. I don’t think I am so important to keep everyone waiting.”

Gongsun Jing smiled, “Not at all, Brother Nangong. We are honored that you have decided to grace the congregation with your presence.”

Nangong Le smiled bitterly, “Not at all. Unless I am really weary of living, I would never think of not attending the congregation.”

Gongsun Jing asked quietly, “What do you mean by that? ...”

But before he could finish, he was interrupted by Priest Bai Chongzhen, who was the protégé master of the Traverse Clan, “Brother Ling, how are you?”

Priest Ling Kongquan smiled awkwardly, “Not as well as the Traverse Clan for sure. Look at the Tranquil City, we only got a silver invitation.” He purposely looked at Gongsun Jing for a second.

Gongsun Jing smiled, “Next time, we are sure to issue the Tranquil City a gold invitation.”

Jue Yuan the Merciless smirked, “It still depends if the Tranquil City is fit to deserve a gold invitation from the Honor Manor.”

Priest Bai Chongzhen stared at Jue Yuan and questioned, “What do you mean?”

Jue Yuan said, “If the Tranquil City thinks that it deserves a golden seat, then its protégés must be able to prove that they are deserving of the honor.”

Jue Yuan looked at Yi Ping, Ji Lingfeng and Priest Ling Kongquan before saying, “Just because they are acquainted with Young Master Nangong Le, they think they deserve a seat in the golden section? Is it fair to the other pugilists?”

He deliberately said it aloud and aroused the attention of many of the pugilists.

Gongsun Jing smiled awkwardly, “Master Jue Yuan…”

But Jue Yuan ignored the awkwardness of Gongsun Jing and continued to say aloud, “Do you think you deserve the honor?”

There were muttering among the pugilists and quite a few were shouting, “Prove to it that you are deserving of the honor!”

Gongsun Jing continued to smile awkwardly. It was because Jue Yuan was his protégé master and as his disciple, he had to pay due respect to him even though he had a higher status than him in the Honor Manor.

Gu Tianle knew immediately that Jue Yuan had wanted to embarrass Nangong Le and his acquaintances.

But of course, he did not know the Jue Yuan was still sore that Yi Ping and this beautiful mysterious maiden had escaped from his fists. No matter, he would teach them a harsh lesson that they would never forget today!

Priest Bai Chongzhen smiled wryly, “Have you forgotten that the Tranquil City and the Traverse Clan hail from the Emei Clan?”

Jue Yuan said unhappily, “There are so many Emei Clans in the Western Fraternity. Just because the Tranquil City is also an Emei Clan, they deserve the golden seating? Fat hope! I afraid the Priest Ling Kongquan still has to prove it!”

Priest Ling Kongquan was really upset, “You stupid monk! Are you really picking a fight with the Tranquil City or just me?”

Yi Ping was amused. It was obvious that Jue Yuan was intentional provoking them. Just when he was about to step forward, Ji Lingfeng inconspicuously pulled his sleeve and he stayed his cool.

Zuo Tianyi, the young protégé master of the Infinity Sword Clan and also one of the four young masters of the martial fraternity fame, was staring at Ji Lingfeng with bewildered eyes. He had taken over the mantle of the leadership of the Infinity Sword Clan when his grandfather the Sword Saint had passed away last year after a deadly duel with Ji Wuzheng, the Holy Sect Leader of the Holy Hex Sect.

In fact, besides Zuo Tianyi, many other pugilists were also staring at her mesmerizing beauty. Only a blind man would fail to notice her. Only the protégés of the Monument Monastery did not stared at her.

It was because the clan protégés of the Monument Monastery were all monks. When they saw Ji Lingfeng, they lowered their heads and looked the other way. The younger monks who were accompanying their elders were blushing all of a sudden and began to chant softly.

The Monument Monastery was famous for its seventy-two epic martial skills, with each warrior-monk practicing at least one epic martial skill in their lifetime.

But the real reason why Zuo Tianyi was looking at Ji Lingfeng was because he had recognized her!

His father died in a duel when he was still very young and he was brought up by his grandfather. And now, his grandfather, Old Man Zuo the Sword Saint had died because of her brother!

The reason that Zuo Tianyi had recognized her was because they were both presented at the duel between the Sword Saint and Ji Wuzheng, the Holy Sect Leader of the Holy Hex Sect!

Zuo Tianyi’s fingers began to twitch and tremble slightly…

One year ago at the summit of the Lofty Green Mountains, Ji Wuzheng had the tenacity to challenge the Sword Saint. At that time, he was with his grandfather and Maiden Ji was with her brother.

The Sword Saint asked, “You have come to challenge me?”

Ji Wuzheng said coolly, “I dare not!”

The Sword Saint asked again, “Then why did you send me an invitation to come here for?”

Ji Wuzheng smiled, “It is not me that is looking for a challenge but you are.”

The Sword Saint said, “Oh?”

Ji Wuzheng said, “You are a peerless swordsman and there are none in the fraternity that is your match. Don’t you feel lonely at the very top?”

The Sword Saint said, “Indeed. No one else understands my feeling. There were once two super exponents during my time that could be my match. One was Yi Tianxing and the other one was your late father.”

Ji Wuzheng asked, “You seem to have forgotten about the renowned Gongsun Bai and Gu Tianle the Warrior-God. In the martial fraternity, they are ranked among the very top.”

Old Man Zuo the Sword Saint stroked his long white beard and said, “Indeed they are but not twenty years ago.”

Ji Wuzheng said, “And yet you did not mention them?”

The Sword Saint answered, “Twenty-years ago, they are nowhere near my martial level and I didn’t notice them.”

Ji Wuzheng said, “Don’t forget that Gu Tianle had killed my father.”

The Sword Saint said, “Even though I was not there, I know that your father had a secret duel with Yi Tianxing that worsened his existing internal injuries. To say that Gu Tianle had really defeat your father, is an overstatement.”

Ji Wuzheng said, “You know that my father had internal injuries?”

The Sword Saint nodded slowly, “I was there when Yi Tianxing and your father fought against one another. It was just that they did not notice me.”

Ji Wuzheng and Ji Lingfeng were both stunned as they both asked together, “You are there?”

Old Man Zuo the Sword Saint looked at the drifting clouds and said, “I too, want to challenge your father with my Infinity-Two. After watching that duel, I knew how unfathomable their martial levels had been. Inspired by that duel, twenty years later, I have finally achieved the Infinity-One.”

Ji Wuzheng said, “In the present fraternity, Gongsun Bai and Gu Tianle are formidable fighters and their martial levels are unfathomable. They have few worthy opponents too. Are they worthy to be your opponents?”

The Sword Saint said, “They are now.”

Ji Wuzheng asked, “What about me?”

The Sword saint said, “I presume that you have sent me an invitation is because you have mastered the Holy Amalgamate Skill?”

Ji Wuzheng said, “Indeed I have.”

The Sword Saint laughed, “Excellent! I have waited for over twenty-years to find a match.”

Ji Wuzheng said coolly, “Unfortunately, I am still not your match in swordsmanship. I have long heard that you have fully mastered the Infinite Swordplay. I am still young and have no wish to experience your invincible Infinite-First.”

The Sword Saint said, “What do you propose?”

Ji Wuzheng said, “I have heard that you are seeking a breakthrough for the Infinite-First. But without meeting a worthy opponent, no matter how long you meditate upon it, it is extremely difficult for you to unravel the Infinite-Zero.”

The Sword Saint stroked his long white beard and said, “Indeed! And this is my greatest regret.”

Ji Wuzheng said, “You are so close yet so far from it.”

The Sword Saint nodded sadly, “Indeed!”

Ji Wuzheng said, “The secret to unraveling the Infinite-Zero lies with the Infinitude Recite Skill. The Holy Amalgamate Skill and the Infinitude Recite are two of the top epitome skills in the fraternity. If there is a skill that can help you to gain a new understanding of the Infinitude Recite, it has to be another unfathomable skill like the Holy Amalgamate Skill.”

The Sword Saint said, “Indeed. You are not afraid to die?”

Ji Wuzheng said, “If I am afraid to die, I won’t be here.”

The Sword Saint roared with laughter, “Marvelous! Let us go then.”

Ji Wuzheng laughed, “Good! Let us go now!”

Zuo Tianyi and Ji Lingfeng were the only ones that were left behind. It was because it was a secret duel between Old Man Zuo the Sword Saint and Ji Wuzheng.

They had left at dawn and returned at dust.

Needless to say, Zuo Tianyi and Ji Lingfeng had spent a full day together.

When Ji Wuzheng and Old Man Zuo had returned, they were both seriously injured and were supporting one another as they walked towards Zuo Tianyi and Ji Lingfeng. But their eyes were beaming and they were laughing aloud.

Zuo Tianyi could still remember that day very well; his grandfather had gripped him very hard as he was exclaiming excitedly, “I have finally deciphered the last intricate word of the Infinitude Recite! I no longer have the mental strength to unravel the Infinity-Zero but you can!”

Not long after, his grandfather the Sword Saint crumbled to his injuries and passed away. The Sword Saint had never blame Ji Wuzheng and the Holy Hex Sect even in his final hours. In fact, he was grateful and hoped that Ji Wuzheng would survive his injuries and be a worthy opponent for his grandson, Zuo Tianyi.

It was because even though Zuo Tianyi knew the final intricate formula now but it would still be many years of hard work and mediation before he could even grasps the true essence of the Infinite-First and Infinite-Zero. The final intricate formula was just a clue and would still change depending on the martial progress of the practitioner. But it was a huge step forward.

Zuo Tianyi was a prodigy since he was young. At the age of twenty, he had grasped the Infinity-Five and by the time he was twenty-eight, he had attained the Infinity-Two. His grandfather, the Sword Saint had only grasped the Infinity-Two when he was forty and the Infinity-One when he was sixty.

In this fraternity, no one other than his grandfather knew the progress of his Infinity Swordplay. It was rumored that he had mastered the Infinity-Nine but none had dared to try.

When Ji Lingfeng saw Zuo Tianyi looking at her intently, she immediately averted her eyes and Yi Ping noticed it immediately.

Yi Ping thought, “They know one another? Isn’t that the insignia of the Infinity Sword Clan? This man, he should be the Zuo Tianyi, one of the four young masters of the martial fraternity and is also the clan leader of the Infinity Sword Clan. Does Maiden Ji know him as a friend? Or does he recognize her as his enemy?”

He really wished that it was the latter.

All of a sudden, Jue Yuan was shouting angrily, “He can stay but they must not stay!” He was pointing at Yi Ping and Ji Lingfeng.

This did not make Nangong Le, Priest Ling Kongquan and Priest Bai Chongzhen glad at all.

It was like Jue Yuan was giving Priest Ling Kongquan the honor of sitting in the golden seat because of Priest Bai Chongzhen.

Nangong Le said solemnly, “They are my guests and I have personally invited them. Moreover, do you know this young man Yi Ping is the…”

Jue Yuan interrupted, “I know this young man. He is nothing but a trouble-maker. If he wants to sit in the golden seat, he must prove his martial abilities first!”

Jue Yuan began to display his merciless strokes which he had innovated against Yi Ping.

Yi Ping could feel a flurry of windforce raining down against him. He immediately raised his hands to counter-attack. Judging down by the downward poise of his attacker and after exchanging a few blows, he knew that Jue Yuan was using a type of martial arts that could neutralize his opponent strength.

As he had already been forewarned by his father of this deadly martial art that could neutralize the strength of the opponent and its devastating effect, Yi Ping did not dare to move lightly but focus on exchanging blows with Jue Yuan with his forward fists.

Jue Yuan was confident that in less than twenty strokes, this young man would be subdued by his merciless subduing stances. But to his surprise, Yi Ping was able to block, disengage and to counter attack against him no matter how fast his strokes were!

Jue Yuan was mystified. How was it possible for this young man to fight like an experienced exponent and the speed that Yi Ping had disengaged from his blows were startling!

All of a sudden, Yi Ping rolled his hands together and struck hard into the face of Jue Yuan! Jue Yuan was forced immediately to take five steps backward!

Jue Yuan was not injured seriously but he was enraged. He immediately mustered his martial power and thought, “If he dares to accept my blow, then I can overpower him with my martial power. If he dodges it, then I have an opening to subdue him. Either way, it will be advantageous to me!”

Yi Ping knew that Jue Yuan incoming blows had been charged with his martial power and if he did not dodge it, the consequences might be fatal. But he raised his martial power to accept the incoming blow…

All of a sudden, there was a huge clashing thunderclap and Jue Yuan took six steps back before he could steady himself while Yi Ping took three steps back.

As they steadied themselves, both were coughing out blood. The clash of martial power drained the practitioners of strength and could cause the vital energies in the body to be erratic, leading to death.

Jue Yuan could not believe that this young man had the internal strength foundation to withstand his attacks.

Rather than taking time to restore his vitality channels to prevent further internal injuries, the enraged Jue Yuan mustered all his martial power and charged towards Yi Ping once more!

When Yi Ping saw that Jue Yuan was charging towards him with all his martial power, he quickly displayed the Asper Horizon Hand and there was a shrieking explosive power in his palm as he met Jue Yuan’s two hands with his right hand!

Again, Yi Ping took three steps back as he coughed out more blood while Jue Yuan was sent flying back across the hall, much to the astonishment of the crowd!

Jue Yuan was one of the top exponents of the martial fraternity and was greatly feared by many! But today, a young man from nowhere had defeated him; it was truly unbelievable!

Gongsun Jing was stunned that Jue Yuan, a top exponent and his martial master was defeated by Yi Ping. He trembled and quickly said to the men behind him, “Quickly check on Master Jue Yuan condition.”

Gu Tianle was enraged and shouted, “You dare to go against the Honor Manor with your insolence?!” He immediately attacked Yi Ping.

But before he could land a hit on Yi Ping, he was intercepted by a shadow that dashed from the entrance of the hall. He immediately parried the attacker blows and retreated five steps backward!

Who had dared to fight with Gu Tianle the One-Armed Warrior-God?

It was Priest Liu Qingcheng, the Protégé Master of the Tranquil City!

Many of the pugilists had recognized him.

Yi Ping was grateful for the sudden help as he had not recovered his strength yet.

Ji Lingfeng had wanted to intercept Gu Tianle but Priest Liu Qingcheng was even swifter.

Gu Tianle smirked, “You dare to fight with me?”

Priest Liu Qingcheng said, “I dare not!”

Gu Tianle took it as a challenge, “But you have. And those that dare to challenge me will end up dead or crippled. Surely, you know my rule.”

Nangong Le quickly said, “Calm down. This is just a misunderstanding. This is only a matter of seating positions. I…we can sit in the silver seats. There is no need for us to harm our harmony.”

Gu Tianle said, “You are given a golden invitation and chooses not to sit in the golden seat. By not respecting the seating arrangements of the Honor Manor, you are not respecting our Master. Are you thinking of going against the Master of the Honor Manor?”

All of a sudden, Nangong Le felt a chill in his spine and he broke into a sweat. He began to take two steps backward as he could not stand straight. He had suppressed his injuries with his internal strength and the chilling speech of Gu Tianle broke his concentration and he had felt extricating pain from his injuries. He stammered, “Easy, I don’t mean that.”

Gu Tianle stared at Yi Ping, Nangong Le, Priest Ling Kongquan, Liu Qingcheng and Priest Bai Chongzhen before he said, “So the Nangong Martial Clan, the Tranquil City and the Traverse Clan intend to go against the Honor Manor?”

All of a sudden, Yi Ping took a giant step forward even though Ji Lingfeng had caught hold of his sleeves, “So what if I am?”

All of a sudden, uproars erupted from the hall as the pugilists were talking among themselves. It was because no one had dared to challenge Gu Tianle the One-Armed Warrior-God so openly before. And this young man had dared to!

Nangong Le turned ashen immediately. He had thought he could savage the situation and he was now in a real dilemma!

Ji Lingfeng nearly fainted from his imbecile actions. He was lucky enough to overcome Jue Yuan but Gu Tianle was on a different league altogether.

Yi Ping had thought that if he could win Gu Tianle, then he was one step closer to avenge his father. Therefore he did not think much. That was his intention today and he saw no point in disguising his purposes.

Gu Tianle stared at him and said slowly, “Then you have to pay for your audacious words today. You will regret for every single word that you have muttered and wish that you have never said it.”

Nangong Le was feeling awkward and at a loss. If he back off now, the Nangong Martial Clan would lose their honor but if he helps Yi Ping, the Nangong Martial Clan may risk extermination by the Honor Manor. And moreover, this was their territory and they were surrounded by numerous top exponents.

Gu Tianle said to Yi Ping, “You can make the first move first.”

Yi Ping said coolly, “Then I won’t be courteous anymore.”

Ji Lingfeng grasped and her eyes were beaming, “Let us go now…”

Ch14 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-07-14 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks for the exciting update.. Can't wait for the next chapter when his wife, the twins sisters, and/or the yellow dressed maiden come and save him once again.... Or does Zuo Tianyi, Ji Lingfeng's admirer, comes and save them? Patiently waiting for Chap. 15
    Last edited by szfong; 08-24-13 at 11:22 AM.

wow. cannot sleep tonite. bring it on. TQ.

Hi all! =)

Thank you for waiting and for everyone support =)

Chapter 15: The Grand Master of the Honor Manor

Just when Yi Ping had taken a step forward, Liu Qingcheng said gravely to him. “The first challenger should be me. My fight with Gu Tianle has not ended yet. You should wait a little while longer, young man.”

Liu Qingcheng stepped forward and raised his fists.

Many of the pugilists in the hall shook their heads.

Priest Bai Chongzhen said, “Brother Qingcheng, you are not his match. It not worth it to lose your life over a small matter…”

Priest Ling Kongquan said, “It is really not worth it, let us go now…”

Gu Tianle said, “You should use your long sword.”

But Priest Liu Qingcheng had already attacked Gu Tianle with his Tranquil Fists as he said, “No need!”

Gu Tianle dodged the intricate strokes of the Tranquil Fists and raised his palm forward and struck Priest Liu Qingcheng hard!

Priest Liu Qingcheng parried in time but he lost his footings and he was forced to take seven steps backward!

The martial difference between the two of them was too great.

Gu Tianle had displayed his famous ‘Ultrapowerful Force Hand’ and it was all it was required to push back Priest Qingcheng!

Yi Ping saw that stance before when he first met Gu Tianle. It was like an irresistible attack and he remembered he had to parry it three times to steady himself, only this time Gu Tianle was not showing any mercy at all.

Gu Tianle immediately seized the attack opportunity and he flew to Priest Liu Qingcheng again with another strike!

All of a sudden, Priest Liu Qingcheng had counterattacked with his Tranquil Fists again.

Gu Tianle was surprised that his martial force seemed to be neutralized by Priest Liu Qingcheng Tranquil Fists!

Everyone had thought that Priest Liu Qingcheng was a goner but all of a sudden, Priest Liu Qingcheng and Gu Tianle was suddenly on par and had exchanged more than thirty strokes nonstop!

Priest Ling Kongquan was stunned as he thought, “When did older protégé brother becomes this good? This is still the Tranquil Fists but it seems to be alive now. It appears as if he has become the Tranquil Fist and the Tranquil Fists is him.”

Even Priest Bai Chongzhen gasped, “This is the true strength of the Tranquil Fist? It is too amazing!”

Actually Priest Liu Qingcheng had no confident. But when he had successfully parried Gu Tianle’s ‘Ultrapowerful Force Hand’, his doubts disappeared and his confidence grew.

With the Tranquil Spirits intricate formula that he had earlier learnt from the Celestial Fairy, his Tranquil Fists seemed to improve and grow more and more intricate as he fought even though he did not have the martial power of Gu Tianle!

Gu Tianle was astonished. He really could not understand why each time he was so close to sound the death knell for Priest Liu Qingcheng, his very attacks would seem to be neutralized at the last moment!

Yi Ping was staring at the fight with excitement. This was a rare fight between two top opponents! Their attack moves, their defending moves, their swiftness skills and evading skills were all too intricate and extraordinary!

Not only Yi Ping, all the other pugilists were awed into silence as more than three hundred moves had passed between Gu Tianle and Liu Qingcheng. Whoever could endure to the very last would win!

All of a sudden, Gu Tianle struck Priest Liu Qingcheng with an explosive force on his chest and he was sent flying away!

Priest Bai Chongzhen and Priest Ling Kongquan immediately executed their swiftness movement skills and caught hold of Priest Liu Qingcheng!

Priest Liu Qingcheng muttered before he fainted, “I hope I didn’t disgrace the Tranquil City…”

Priest Ling Kongquan said gravely as he trembled, “Older Protégé Brother, you did very well…”

In the end, the martial power between Gu Tianle and Priest Liu Qingcheng was still too great a difference.

Yi Ping prayed that Priest Liu Qingcheng condition was not critical as he stepped forward, “Now it is my turn!”

Ji Lingfeng sighed silently, “Yi Ping you…As much as I want to extract vengeance on Gu Tianle, he is really above our league. Moreover, there are other top exponents in this hall too. You are really too impatient…”

All of a sudden, there was a malevolent aura that seemed to come from Zuo Tianyi.

Everyone seemed to have sense his malevolent aura and turned to look in his direction.

Zuo Tianyi had unsheathed his long sword and he was walking slowly towards Yi Ping as he said slowly, “Old Senior Gu needs a small rest first. Why don’t we spar for a while first?”

Yi Ping looked at Zuo Tianyi and said, “I don’t mind.”

Gu Tianle said solemnly, “I don’t need a rest.”

But Zuo Tianyi had already walked in front of Yi Ping and there seemed to be a forbidden killing malevolent around him.

Gu Tianle thought, “This is a good opportunity to see how good this new protégé master of the Infinity Sword Clan is.”

So he said, “If I fight with this young man, I afraid I will be mocked by everyone in the fraternity and accused of bullying him. But since Young Master Zuo wants to teach him a lesson, I will relent.”

All of a sudden, there was loud earth-shaking laughter coming from the end of the hall! The internal strength of the person was astonishing powerful! The weaker pugilists immediately felt dizzy and their vital energies were disrupted!

Who else possessed such almighty internal strength?

It was Gongsun Bai!

When Gongsun Jing saw him, he immediately said respectfully. “Father!”

The grand hall was filled with a resounding shout by the protégés of the Honor Manor, “With great respect to the Grand Master of the Honor Manor, with great honor to the Grand Master of the Honor Manor!”

Yi Ping looked hatefully in his direction.

Gongsun Bai was an imposing bearded man in his fifties and he was dressed in finery. He was heavily muscled and of strong build.

He began to look at everyone in the grand hall; everyone could feel the piercing gaze of his sweeping stares!

The legs of many of the pugilists became jelly and many looked to the ground in discomfort.

Gongsun Bai said imposingly, “Who has dared to injure a member of the Honor Manor. Don’t you know this is my domain? Do you know my rule?”

All eyes turned and looked at Yi Ping, who remained standing relentlessly without flinching.

Zuo Tianyi said, “I am about to teach this insolent fellow a lesson on behalf of the Honor Manor.”

Gongsun Bai stared fiercely at Zuo Tianyi and said, “Who do you think you are that you think you can act on behalf of the Honor Manor?”

The pugilists immediately feared for Zuo Tianyi. It was because no one made any decisions for Master Gongsun Bai. He was always the master and the rest were his subordinates!

Zuo Tianyi smiled bitterly and said, “I am who I am. The enemy of the Honor Manor is my enemy as well. The friend of the Honor Manor is my friend.”

Gongsun Bai stared at Zuo Tianyi for a while before he said, “Very well. You are indeed a righteous knight errant like your grandfather. This congregation is partly held in honor of the Old Sword Saint. You may teach this young man a lesson on behalf of the Honor Manor.”

He then proceeded to sit on the golden throne.

Even though the majority of the pugilists were uncomfortable with Gongsun Bai arrogance but there were nothing they could do. It was because Gongsun Bai was the most powerful man and the Honor Manor the most powerful martial clan in the martial fraternity for the past ten years!

While the Old Man Zuo the Sword Saint was still alive, the seven major orthodox clans could still stand on equal footing with the Honor Manor. But now, they were no different from a second tier martial clan, which had almost all submitted to the Honor Manor!

Zuo Tianyi said, “Then I thanks Master Gongsun for this honor.”

He turned and looked at Yi Ping before saying coldly, “I am Zuo Tianyi. What is your name? I do not kill nameless fellow.”

Yi Ping looked at everyone and said aloud, “I am Yi Ping.”

Zuo Tianyi looked past Yi Ping and looked at Ji Lingfeng.

When Ji Lingfeng saw Zuo Tianyi looking at her, she averted her eyes again.

Zuo Tianyi said to Yi Ping, “I will like to see how outstanding you are.”

Yi Ping drew out his long sword without hesitation. He thought, “Even if I were to die today, I must never disgrace my father.”

Ji Lingfeng looked at Yi Ping and seemed to want to say something but she hesitated.

Zuo Tianyi displayed his sword stance, the Infinity Pose Stance and pointed his sword towards Yi Ping from the top of his head while his left fingers were posed and readied with the sword finger stance.

Yi Ping readied his sword to the top of his head too and lifted his palm in front of him, with the Divine Horizon Hand Stance.

Both stances were similar but had a subtle difference.

The weird thing was that both continued to stand in this tiring pose for some time.

Zuo Tianyi was waiting for an opening to strike against Yi Ping but his opponent stance surprised him. It was similar to his. This type of stance was the perfect defensive sword stance, able to defend from the top to the feet at the quickest time.

Moreover, Yi Ping’s stance had no opening for him for an instant win.

Therefore he waited for Yi Ping to be tired and soften his stance or to attack him. But that did not happen. Zuo Tianyi thought, “This young man is a practicing swordsman too? It looks like this battle is not going to end fast.”

Yi Ping broke the silence and said, “Are you going to attack or not? I am still waiting! I have never heard of a challenger who is a tortoise!”

Zuo Tianyi had recognized Ji Lingfeng and he could tell that she had her eyes only on Yi Ping.

If Yi Ping were to fight against Gu Tianle, he would surely lose his life. Therefore he had decided to interfere so that he could find a way to get him out of this awful situation.

He had thought, “This young man did not know his limits. He dares to offend the Honor Manor? Even the Infinity Sword Clan dare not offend the Honor Manor…interesting.”

But Yi Ping’s sword stances intrigued him more and aroused his interests…

Zuo Tianyi was amused, “I have never known a person that can’t wait to die.” And he instantly displayed a dancing barrage of sword strokes.

Yi Ping attacked with the Horizon Swordplay and met stroke for stroke!

When Gongsun Bai saw that Yi Ping had displayed the Horizon Swordplay, his stares turned murderous and this was noticed by Ji Lingfeng.

Ji Lingfeng sighed softly and she could feel a terrible ache in her heart, “Yi Ping, Yi Ping…perhaps we shouldn’t be here at all. I am so sorry. I shouldn’t have brought you here…”

It was not wrong to say that Zuo Tianyi was one of the top swordsmen in the martial fraternity and his swordplay was extremely fast and lethal! No one expected Yi Ping to hold his ground against Zuo Tianyi but he did!

Everyone began to hold their breath as their sword techniques became faster and more extraordinary!

However the older and experienced pugilists were able to see that Zuo Tianyi was attacking more and that Yi Ping was defending more. Therefore it was not wrong to say that victory would eventually belong to Zuo Tianyi!

Yi Ping was amazed at Zuo Tianyi swordplay and he almost lost his focus.

The duel amazed the pugilists. Zuo Tianyi swordplay was steady and calculating. It was as though there was no weakness in his swordplay while Yi Ping swordplay was so fast like lightning that the sword tip of his sword vanished from sight!

The Infinity Swordplay was a swordplay that split from one stroke to a great multitude of sword strokes, with each splinter hiding additional strokes and secret techniques. That was how it got its name. Those that did not know the origin of the Infinity Swordplay would not be on guard against it and would often lose, the price of losing was often heavy; death or maimed.

Few pugilists in the fraternity had recognized the Horizon Swordplay. The meaning of the Horizon was to strike beyond the horizon and out of the blue from somewhere. Only a few pugilists presented like Gongsun Bai, Yue Yuan and Gu Tianle had recognized it!

Gu Tianle expressions turned deadly solemn. It was because twenty years ago, Gongsun Bai, Jue Yuan and he had ambushed Yi Tianxing together. They had thought that he was dead and had no more descendants. And this young man had the same surname Yi as him.

Zuo Tianyi was secretly surprised that he had used more than sixty strokes and yet to defeat Yi Ping. This was a huge loss of face in front of the crowd and a loss of prestige among the swordsmen that were presented.

Few opponents had rarely forced him to use beyond the Infinity-Seven and this Yi Ping had forced him to use too many of his secret techniques in front of the crowd.

As soon as he got the opportunity and the opening that he needed, he immediately displayed the Infinity-Three sword stroke!

Just when Yi Ping swung his sword to parry it, there was a burst of cold energy from the tip of Zuo Tianyi sword.

Yi Ping was caught by surprise by the sudden cumulative brilliant flare of Zuo Tianyi’s sword stroke and reacted slower. He was instantly sent flying backward by the tremendous martial force of the Infinity-Three!

Just when Zuo Tianyi had thought that he had won, he was stunned to see Yi Ping was on his feet again!

He immediately raised the martial power of his Infinitude Recite to its zenith and developed it into multitudes of sword energies that charged his long sword!

The pugilists could feel the chilling cold energy that was radiated from Zuo Tianyi and they were all forced to take several steps backward!

Shangguan Qingyun, the Old Protégé Master of the Divine Sword Martial Clan was stunned. He had dedicated all his life to the sword and could yet he could not breech through the physical forms of his swordplay.

He had thought that Old Man Zuo the Sword Saint was an exception and there would be no others in the future. But this Zuo Tianyi who was barely thirty had already achieved the sword energy form!

Zuo Tianyi had used the Infinity-Two! The Infinity-Three was a sword stroke that merged the physical form and enveloped the sword with deadly sword energies while the Infinity-Two was an even higher stage that enveloped the practitioner with sword energies aura.

Zuo Tianyi had wanted to conceal his true strength but when he had met a worthy opponent, he had actually forgotten about it.

When Yi Ping had stood up again, he was stunned. It was because it seemed that he was not affected by his sword energy!

He had even forgotten that it was just a mock duel and had raised all his martial power to its zenith!

When Yi Ping had been struck by Zuo Tianyi sword energy, it felt as though his vital energies had been dispersed and he thought he was going to die. But all of a sudden, he felt a smoothing and renewed energy flowing through his entire body! Unwittingly, Zuo Tianyi attacks had helped him to clear his Conception Vessel and the Governing Vessel temporary, two of the most important eight wondrous meridians!

Zuo Tianyi immediately thought, “He is protected by a body impervious force?”

The truth was that Yi Ping was protected by the Icy Heavenly Tears Intricate Energy that was inside him, which was similar to the cold piercing sword energy.

That was why when Zuo Tianyi had raised his Infinitude Recite to its zenith, Yi Ping was still unaffected!

Even Ji Lingfeng was stunned as she thought, “He is unaffected by Zuo Tianyi’s sword energy?”

Yi Ping could see the visible energy that radiated from Zuo Tianyi and from his sword. He did not notice that everyone else had been affected by the unnerving cold piercing of that energy.

In fact, he did not even realize he was the only one that could see the invisible sword energy other than Zuo Tianyi!

Yi Ping raised his spirits with the Divine Revelation and imbued his long sword with the martial power of the Asper Invocations Intricate Recite to its zenith. He knew that Zuo Tianyi martial power was at its zenith too and he dared not be careless. He could not afford to die before he could avenge for his parents!

Even before Ji Lingfeng had recovered from her astonishments, Yi Ping had attacked Zuo Tianyi with the Horizon Swordplay, as mirror images of his sword flew against him!

Zuo Tianyi raised his Infinity Swordplay and in that split second, he had executed thirty-six strokes followed by eight-one strokes of the Infinity Swordplay!

The two swordsmen clashed against one another so fast that there were clashes of brilliant light that the pugilists could hardly see their body movements and even their sword strokes. In fact, no one had believed it was possible to achieve such supernatural speed and attacks!

The pugilists could only held their breath in awe as they watched their spattering blood that flew in all directions amidst the dozens of brilliant lights and ear-shrieking clashing sound that rung nonstop!

Ji Lingfeng could not hold back her tears anymore as she saw their blood flying in all directions even though it was impossible for her to see whose blood was it.

Even renowned swordsmen like Young Master Qiu Wufeng, the Heartless Scholar, Shangguan Qingyun and Old Priest Yan Nanfei the protégé master of the Zen Sect was astonished. It seemed to them that the swordplay level of Zuo Tianyi was at a much higher progression than they had thought!

Nangong Le was even more startled. He had never thought that the new friend that he had just befriended possessed such unfathomable swordplay and his martial level was not beneath that of a young master of the martial fraternity!

He began to sigh as he stole a glance at the tearful Maiden Lingfeng, “If this Yi Ping does not die, I really do not have any hope.”

And so he silently rooted for Zuo Tianyi but he was saying to Ji Lingfeng, “Maiden, Brother Yi Ping will surely be alright and be blessed by the Heavens above. Don’t worry…”

All of a sudden, a sword flew with such sudden speed into the midst of Yi Ping and Zuo Tianyi that it broke their fight!

Both Zuo Tianyi and Yi Ping began to stagger several steps backward as they stared at a beautiful long sword that not only broke their fight by piercing through them; this beautiful long sword had even rebounded against the wall and was thrust into the ground that had just divided them!

They were both bloodied and covered with numerous sword wounds but they were still staring in utter disbelief at this beautiful long sword that was thrust into the ground!

They had sensed and saw this sword flying towards them. Both had exercised their martial power to deflect this sword away but instead of deflecting this sword, both were pushed away by the martial force that was imbued in this flying sword!

They simply could not believe their very eyes that a weapon without a master could withstand the zenith of their martial power at the same time!

Most pugilists could not tell from their bewildered expressions. But they were stunned that a long sword from nowhere could interrupt the duel and rebounded with such almighty force against the wall; it was able to thrust itself precisely into the same ground that it had interrupted the duel!

Ji Lingfeng did not care for all these. She simply flew to Yi Ping embrace and took out her handkerchief. She began to clean his wounds as she asked, “Hmph Yi Ping, are you alright? Why are you so foolish? You should know your limits and where we are…”

Yi Ping nodded silently and he could feel exhaustion seeping in...

Ji Lingfeng said, “Don’t try to talk. Adjust your breathing first…”

It was as though they were alone in the grand hall and many of the pugilists were filled with envy especially Nangong Le and Qiu Wufeng.

Zuo Tianyi had suffered fewer wounds than Yi Ping but he too, was drained of his martial strength once he had stopped. He was immediately supported by his clan protégés to his seat!

Zuo Tianyi was staring in shocked silence at his trembling sword. He could not believe that he could fail to deflect this flying sword given his martial strength and almost lost his grip too...

Gongsun Bai was enraged as he thundered aloud, “Who is that? Since you are already here, why don’t you come in?”

Almost all the pugilists immediately guessed that it would be a super exponent that used a sword but none could guess who was it given that almost all the renowned top exponents were here.

A wrinkled old man in his seventies with an empty scabbard and a demure maiden with a long sword were standing in front of the entrance. The old man was dressed in a simple gray robe while the demure maiden was also dressed in a simple outfit but it still could not hide her attractiveness.

It was obvious it was the old man that had threw the beautiful adorn long sword.

When Zuo Tianyi saw the demure maiden, his eyes almost popped out…

Gongsun Bai said solemnly, “Do you know the rules of the Honor Manor? Are you courting your own death? Did you throw that long sword?”

The wrinkled old man smiled, “I didn’t throw that sword but so what if I did?”

Gongsun Bai asked, “You didn’t throw that long sword?”

The wrinkled old man looked at everyone in the hall and his eyes lingered at Ji Lingfeng for some time before he laughed aloud, “Did anyone of you see me throwing a long sword? How do you throw a long sword?”

Gu Tianle the One-Armed Warrior-God said, “It is obvious that you are here to find trouble. Who are you and where did you come from?”

Then he shouted to the guards, “Why didn’t anyone of you stop him? Summon all the guards later; I will flog them twenty lashes!”

Gongsun Bai said, “There is no need to check. They are all dead. There is a heavy stench of blood around this old man. Who are you and where did you come from? If you don’t give me a reasonable answer, don’t expect to leave this place alive.”

All of a sudden, the wrinkled old man raised his hand and slapped the demure maiden hard on her left cheek and she fell onto the ground!

Her left cheek immediately turned red and there was blood snoozing from the tip of her delicate mouth.

Venerable Master Deng Zhong, the Head Abbot of the Monument Monastery immediately said, “Why did you hit her for? You have to be reasonable!”

He was not the only one who had reacted in that instant.

Nangong Le, Qiu Wufeng, Gongsun Jing and many others were all startled and were feeling indignant for the demure maiden.

All of a sudden, it seemed that the entire congregation was united again!

The wrinkled old man said, “I am unreasonable? Just a moment ago, you are all demanding for her blood. She is the one that throw that sword. I have merely passed her my sword but she has failed to announce herself and interrupted the duel. This is just a small punishment for her.”

This demure maiden was the one that threw the long sword? No one in the grand hall believed such a blatant lie!

The demure maiden had quietly picked herself up and stood beside the wrinkled old man once again.

Yi Ping was angry and he scolded the wrinkled old man, “No matter, you shouldn’t have lifted your hands on her! Who do you think you are?”

The crowds were all experienced pugilists with vast experiences in the fraternity. Most of them would not act rashly for fear of offending the wrong person. And Yi Ping was scolding this wrinkled old man! Even Gongsun Bai had yet to berate this old man yet!

The demure maiden looked up and looked at him intently.

The wrinkled old man said to Yi Ping, “Young man, are you sick of living already?”

But before Yi Ping could say a word more, he was dragged away by Ji Lingfeng who had struck him on his back!

Ji Lingfeng nearly fainted from Yi Ping boldness. She pulled him back to the side and said nervously, “Yi Ping, this is between Gongsun Bai and this old man. Don’t get drag into this.”

Yi Ping was already seriously injured, sustaining both serious external and internal injuries. When Ji Lingfeng had struck him hard onto his back, his entire vision became a blur!

He could only mutter, “Whose side are you on again…”

Gongsun Bai said, “Don’t let me repeat myself again. Who are you?”

The wrinkled old man looked at the demure maiden and smiled for a while.

When they followed the glance of the wrinkled old man, they were stunned to see the bruises on the demure maiden face had totally vanished! It was as though she had never been slapped!

The wrinkled old man said, “I am Xiao Shuai, the Master of the Virtuous Palace.”

When the pugilists heard the name of the Virtuous Palace, there was a sudden great silence in the grand hall.

Gongsun Bai solemn face had flinched for an instant.

The Virtuous Palace was one of the three most forbidden places in the entire fraternity and was located in the Far East Fraternity. It had rarely interfered in the affairs of the martial fraternity. Few pugilists bothered with the Virtuous Palace too for those that tried to enter its forbidden premise never made it back alive.

The Virtuous Palace was renowned for a type of swordplay known as the Flying Sword Swordplay. Was that the Flying Sword Swordplay that was displayed earlier?

No one had really seen the martial skills of the Virtuous Palace or knows how high the martial level of its practitioners was.

Gongsun Bai said, “The Honor Manor and the Virtuous Palace has no dealing with one another whatever so. The Virtuous Palace has rarely meddles in the martial affairs. So what do you want?”

Ch15 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-07-14 at 09:25 PM.

Thank you for the update. This is a brilliant chapter.

Anxiously waiting for chap 16. Thanks for the update!!

Anxiously waiting for chap 16. Thanks for the update!!
    wow. this is escalation to a higher anxiety for another chapter. cannot sleep again. next chapter please.

Looking forward to see the three maidens from the Eternal Ice Palace come and fight the Virtuous Palace.... When will the Celestial Palace's people join the fun...

In addition to his elder martial sister, is Yi Ping going to get one or more wives from each of the 3 mysterious Palaces?

"Ji Lingfeng nearly fainted from Yi Ping's boldness." And calling him an "imbecile" in her mind earlier and now punching / abusing him physically for his risky actions, I think she has fallen for this little martial brother.

But what she want the most is for him to be more causious and obidient towards her, perhaps Ji Lingfeng should feed him a few of her "pills of happiness" she still has from her other Gu Long series. Just kidding, of course..

Anxiously waiting to read the next chapter... :-)

"Ji Lingfeng nearly fainted from Yi Ping's boldness." And calling him an "imbecile" in her mind earlier and now punching / abusing him physically for his risky actions, I think she has fallen for this little martial brother.

But what she want the most is for him to be more causious and obidient towards her, perhaps Ji Lingfeng should feed him a few of her "pills of happiness" she still has from her other Gu Long series. Just kidding, of course..

Anxiously waiting to read the next chapter... :-)
    This is funny and cute! The pills of happiness is translated by Athena on a popular Gulong series xD

Strictly coincidental! =)

Thanks you everyone for your support >.<

I guess everyone didn't find the codes in Chapter 12?

The Tranquil City is actually 青城派 , one of the oldest sect in China.

The present Protege Master of Qingcheng is surname Liu.

In the past, when clans from Sichuan goes to the Central Fraternity, they have a rule. They do not disclose their clan origin or masters. So they just formally declare themselves as Emei Clan.

The skills of the Qingcheng Clan:

青城派功法仅限于上乘双修法,修炼注重“清静无为”。近代有人将其归为峨眉派。

口诀:即“守无致虚”。其中分三个层次:初步入手功夫为“守中致和”;第二步为“了一化万”,第三步为“万 化归一,一归虚无”

青城功法虽采南派阴阳双修法,但仅限于上乘双修法,即男不宽衣,女不解带,“千里神交,万里心 通”。

相传青城丈人说:“采补之道,非房中采阴补阳之事。而系采天地之气以补我之气,

采天地之精以补我之精,采天地之神以补我之神。因天地之化,以造我之化;因天地之命,以续我之命;天地之气 不息,则我之气不息矣;天地之化不止,则我之化不止矣;天地之命不坏,则我命亦不不坏矣。因天地之生生不已 以成我之生生不已;则天地之命常新,而我之亦常新矣。

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    This is funny and cute! The pills of happiness is translated by Athena on a popular Gulong series xD

Strictly coincidental! =)
    Ji Lingfeng was power-hungry & crazy in the other series. But, when she says, "They all died of mishaps after they had sent the engagement gifts." She seems prudent & wise. Did she kill them for their gifts--kill the groom, but keep the gifts?

This reminds me of Tang Qi in the other series, "...every time she was about to get married her fiancés would die under mysterious ways."

Thanks for the update.

I've just caught up after returning from my vacation.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    Thanks for the update.

I've just caught up after returning from my vacation.
    Welcome back =)

Here is Chapter 16, enjoy reading =)