Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: A Martial Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Hi Avidfan, this sentence is a bit vague:
    Ding Yunzi was abused and violated when she was very young by her father and two brothers.

Initially, I had the impression of incest... But further contemplation was required to know it referred to Yuxue's father & brothers. It should be changed like so:

Ding Yunzi was abused and violated when she was very young by my father and two brothers.

Did you mean.. "my" instead of "her"?

Patiently waiting to see the next chapter...
    You are right~~ There is a misrepresentation e from this goof extract and not clear. her in this instance refers to Xiao Youxue 's father and brothers since she was the doing the recall xD. Not Dingzi's , since she isn't related.

As for the fish scale armor, it wasn't too clear. Xiao Youxue had three months to make it into a suit. Since it very durable, she doesn't have much modifications to do anyway~

Chapter 26: Memories

All of a sudden, there was a powerful malevolent aura that seemingly came from another direction.

Yi Ping, Gongsun Jing, Qiu Wufeng, Xiao Youxue, Ding Yunzi and Lie Qing looked towards that direction and saw a man with a sword walking silently towards them!

Yi Ping had recognized him to be Zuo Tianyi!

Zuo Tianyi said coldly, “Whoever tries to lay a hand on Maiden Ding, I will kill him.”

Ding Yunzi gasped, “Tianyi…”

Qiu Wufeng spit out, “So it is young master Zuo Tianyi. Are you here to take our lives too? I have great respect for the old sword saint but you are just a lackey of the Honor Manor!”

Zuo Tianyi said coldly, “I don’t care what the Honor Manor wants but since you have the intention of killing Maiden Ding, then don’t blame me.”

He looked at Yi Ping and said, “We seem to have an unfinished duel.”

Yi Ping said, “Indeed! But unfortunately I have no wish to fight you and I don’t have a sword.”

Zuo Tianyi looked at Yi Ping coldly, “You can always borrow one. With or without a sword, I will not hesitate to kill you.”

Lie Qing stole a glance at Ding Yunzi before saying to Zuo Tianyi, “I am afraid if you really want to kill Yi Ping, Maiden Ding will never forgive you.”

Zuo Tianyi asked, “What do you mean?”

Lie Qing smiled, “That is because Yi Ping is our protégé master now. If you want to kill Yi Ping, then you have to fight the three of us too.”

Zuo Tianyi was taken aback, “He is your protégé master now?” He looked at Ding Yunzi for answers. He had always thought that Ding Yunzi was from the Virtuous Palace and that Xiao Shuai was her protege master.

Ding Yunzi said coolly, “That is so.”

Qiu Wufeng immediately knew by now that these three maidens were not his enemies. So he was relieved as he said quickly to the three maidens as he bowed respectfully, “Even though my martial skills are weak, I will gladly fight on your side!”

Lie Qing looked at Qiu Wufeng as she said, “At least you have some courage and willingly to stand by Yi Ping or else I would have killed you instantly earlier.”

Qiu Wufeng smiled bitterly at this mesmerizing maiden who was rebuking him fiercely. But he immediately thought, “If I were to be killed by her, it may not be a bad feeling after all. After all, I have lost everything now…”

Gongsun Jing was stunned as he said, “You are all on the same side!?”

Zuo Tianyi stared at Gongsun Jing, “Then I have to kill only you instead.”

Gongsun Jing looked at Yi Ping and said, “Brother Yi Ping, you got to help me!”

Yi Ping rubbed his nose as he looked at everyone before he said to Gongsun Jing, “I don’t wish to help you because what you want to do is not an entire chivalrous act. Everyone knows that Gongsun Bai had been oppressing the orthodox fraternity for many years…”

Gongsun Jing shifted uneasily.

Yi Ping said, “Even though you have the nick of Gongsun Jing the Benevolent and is different from your father. But that is not what everyone thinks.”

Gongsun Jing looked down in guilt. It was true. He had known of his father lofty ambitions for a long time and had even tried to persuade him to take a more benevolent path but his father had scorned at his advice.

Yi Ping looked at Zuo Tianyi as he continued, “Moreover, I don’t want to make enemies of Zuo Tianyi. The Zuo and the Yi Clan had been acquaintances for many generations. We are not enemies in the first place and why should it turned into a feud?”

Zuo Tianyi nodded slightly. He knew that was the truth. It was because the Infinity Sword Clan had adjusted its swordplay three generations ago to counteract the Horizon Swordplay. And when they had dueled, he had found Yi Ping to be very familiar as though they had dueled before. The reason that they had fought to a standstill was that both of them knew how to counter one another’s swordplay as though they had fought before on numerous times!

That was also why Yi Ping’s father, Yi Tianxing knew the Infinity Swordplay so well that he was able to forewarn Yi Ping that the Horizon Swordplay could be broken by the Infinity-First Swordplay.

Finally Yi Ping said to Gongsun Jing as he smiled bitterly, “Your father had courted his own death and refusing to let Xiao Shuai go. It was a fair duel. Even without Maiden Ding interfering, do you think your father would able to win against Xiao Shuai?”

Gongsun Jing said solemnly, “If Maiden Ding had not interfered, the outcome would still be uncertain!”

Zuo Tianyi said coldly, “That was not what I have seen.”

Gongsun Jing asked, “What do you mean?”

Zuo Tianyi said coldly, “Even before Maiden Ding had struck your father, Xiao Shuai had already penetrated through his Invincible Divine Force!”

Gongsun Jing said, “That is impossible. There were so many eyes in that hall that day. Xiao Shuai attacks cannot possible penetrates through my father’s Invincible Divine Force!”

Yi Ping said, “That is because your eyes are not sharp enough. If Gongsun Bai could even deflect Xiao Shuai’s flying sword with his bare hands, do you think that Maiden Ding’s flying sword could even cut through his arms at all? That was because at that very instant, his Invincible Divine Force had already been breached!”

Gongsun Jing was stunned. Why he had not thought of that?

He finally said, “You guys have already thought of that?”

Xiao Youxue interrupted as she said, “They didn’t and didn’t have to. They just witnessed it. Why did you think that Gu Tianle and the rest of the protégé masters of the various major orthodox clans did not bulge at all when Gongsun Bai was killed? It was because their eyes were quick enough to see it themselves.”

She knew because she was there too but remained hidden from view! That was why she knew that Yi Ping may be courting his own death and took a gambit to lure Xiao Shuai into the Honor Manor!

She added, “The one that really killed your father is Xiao Shuai. I have heard that even Gu Tianle and Jue Yuan is hunting you. You can’t even avenge against Xiao Shuai, Gu Tianle and Jue Yuan yet you are looking to avenge against Maiden Ding? You are really courting your own death!”

Yi Ping said, “Moreover, even if the two of us added up together, do you think we can win against the sword in her hands?”

Yi Ping still shivered when he recalled the battle with her. He had only accidentally won when she had sprained her ankle at the wrong timing!

He did not dare to look into Maiden Ding’s eyes directly as he said that. It was because he very well knew that she was toying with him even though he had already used up all the strokes of the Horizon Swordplay! He was now worried that he may hurt her feelings if he was too close to her. The same went for Maiden Xiao Youxue and Maiden Lie Qing too…

Yi Ping said coolly, “You have to decide if you want to avenge against her now or want me as your sworn brother.”

Gongsun Jing looked at everyone slowly. It was the hardest decision that he had ever made in his life.

Actually when he first seen Maiden Ding, he had already been attracted by her quiet demeanor and air. When she had stormed into the Honor Manor with Xiao Shuai, he was in fact worried what would happen to her fate. What he had not expected was that Xiao Shuai actually did the impossible and killed his father. And because afterwards, he was persecuted by Gu Tianle, he was filled with a burning hatred for everyone that was involved in the demise of his clan.

When he looked at Maiden Ding’s quiet demeanor again, he really could not bring the heart to even lay a finger on her even though he still held her partly responsible.

Gongsun Jing said slowly, “I will still want to be Brother Yi Ping’s sworn brother. My real enemies are Xiao Shuai and Gu Tianle.”

Yi Ping said, “Then I’ll be able to help you. I still have a score to settle with Gu Tianle and Jue Yuan for conspiring with your father to injure my father years ago.”

Gongsun Jing said, “You won’t hold against me? My father was the one that…”

Yi Ping interrupted, “What your father did is his own business. That has nothing to do with you. Moreover, he is dead now. I hope you can forgive Maiden Ding too. Or else I won’t agree to be your sworn brother at all if I bear a grudge against you.”

Gongsun Jing was deeply touched as he looked at Yi Ping who seemed to be a giant, surrounded by a strong sense of benevolent and righteousness.

He stammered out, “I don’t blame Maiden Ding at all…”

Zuo Tianyi said, “Pity. I have come here for nothing.”

Everyone looked at Zuo Tianyi startled. They had almost forgotten that Zuo Tianyi was not on their side yet.

Lie Qing blinked at Zuo Tianyi as she said, “Great Hero, I can tell immediately that you are a master swordsman. What do you mean? Are you here on the behalf of the Honor Manor?” as she took a step forward.

Zuo Tianyi took a step backward as he smiled, “Hold it. Don’t come close to me. I have just seen how Qiao Feng and Ye Lu were killed by you.”

Lie Qing was offended as she said, “Am I so terrible to behold or too fierce for your taste, Great Hero?”

Zuo Tianyi smiled, “I am not interested in you for sure.” He took a quick glance at Ding Yunzi who looked shyly away.

Yi Ping, Qiu Wufeng and Gongsun Jing were clearly amused. It was because even a blind man could tell how mesmerizing Lie Qing was and Zuo Tianyi was telling her how unattractive she was to him!

Lie Qing replied coldly, “So what do you want?”

Zuo Tianyi laughed, “I just want to be a sworn brother to Yi Ping as well and then we find a place to drink or else it will be hard for me to go off just like that.”

Yi Ping was surprised too as he quickly said, “It is my honor too! Brother Tianyi!”

Zuo Tianyi said, “Brother Yi Ping!”

Ding Yunzi interrupted softly, “You better go. The further away, the better it is! What we are going to do next will put you in a very difficult position.”

Zuo Tianyi said, “Yunzi, why are you so cold towards me? What did I do wrong…”

It was only now that it was apparent that Zuo Tianyi and Ding Yunzi had known of one another! No wonder, when Gongsun Jing had wanted to avenge against Maiden Ding, they could sense a strong killing malevolent intent from him!

Lie Qing muttered with displeasure, “No wonder you are not interested in talking to me. So you already have a sweetheart. You are afraid that she may get jealous…”

Qiu Wufeng quickly said, “If Maiden did not mind, you can always talk to me…”

Lie Qing hummed coldly, “You should practice more on your martial skills first before talking to me.”

Qiu Wufeng immediately flushed red with embarrassment.

Ding Yunzi said, “You did nothing wrong. I just don’t want to see you.”

Zuo Tianyi said, “I know that you are from the Virtuous Palace and that Xiao Shuai may not approve of our marriage in the past. But I am now the protégé master of the Infinity Sword Clan now, surely Xiao Shuai would take that into consideration and…”

Ding Yunzi interrupted coldly, “You think too much. Just go.”

Yi Ping said to Zuo Tianyi, “We know that the Honor Manor is raising an expedition to attack the headquarters of the Holy Hex Sect. We are going there to help a friend of mine. If you join us, it is akin to making enemies of all the orthodox clans in the fraternity. I am sure Maiden Ding meant well.”

Zuo Tianyi said quickly to Ding Yunzi, “Even if I were to make enemies of the orthodox clans, I will still join you! I don’t even care if the Virtuous Palace is now the enemy of the orthodox fraternity. I will still ask for your hands in marriage. ”

Ding Yunzi said coldly, “I am no longer in the Virtuous Palace.”

Zuo Tianyi was taken aback as he asked, “You are not?”

Ding Yunzi said, “I have betrayed the Virtuous Palace and now, I am being hunted by the Virtuous Palace. In fact, we are all being hunted by the Virtuous Palace or the Honor Manor. Even if you have ten lives, you may not live to survive it. You are so foolish. The Infinity Sword Clan has painstaking took more than three centuries to establish its position in the fraternity. As your cousin, I feel ashamed that you can choose to throw away the repute of the Infinity Sword Clan just like that. How could you face your Zuo Clan ancestors?”

Zuo Tianyi stammered, “I….I…”

Xiao Youxue sighed in her heart melancholy, “Sister Yun is so tragic. Zuo Tianyi is her childhood sweetheart. Because of that incident, she now uses all other means just to reject his overturns…”

A few days ago…

They had reacted with shock as they had fell Yi Ping by mistake.

Xiao Youxue had immediately resuscitated Yi Ping and was relieved all his vital organs were unhurt. She muttered, “He just needs a rest and will recover. But his wounds may be severe…”

Then she looked at Lie Qing with displeasure as she said, “Hand over the antidote. You have applied poison on your sword. How vicious are you!”

Lie Qing quickly took out a small flask as she said, “It is not my intention to hurt him…you have a hand too…”

Ding Yunzi was secretly relieved but all of a sudden, she burst into tears as she ran off.

Lie Qing was startled when she had suddenly run off. She quickly recovered her senses as she asked herself, “Was I in a daze just now? Why was it so? This young man…”

Xiao Youxue said, “Follow her! Don’t let her escape…”

When Xiao Youxue and Lie Qing had caught up with her, she was slashing furiously at Xiao Yuanjia instead!

Her act completely caught Xiao Youxue and Lie Qing by surprise!

Ding Yunzi repeatedly slashed and thrust at the dead body of Xiao Yuanjia, mutilating him. There was rage in her eyes as her quiet demeanor disappeared as she wept bitterly.

Lie Qing was startled, “He is already dead. Why are you slashing him so many times for? You can kill a dead man?”

Even though Lie Qing could see her sorrowful expressions but she could not resist adding an intentional remark to goal her into telling her why she hated Xiao Yuanjia so much. But she could guess as much.

Xiao Youxue covered her mouth with her hand as she too, burst into tears.

It was because she knew the real reasons; Ding Yunzi was abused when she was very young by her father and two brothers. Because of that, Ding Yunzi became cold and distant. That was when her visits to the Infinity Sword Clan had ceased as she trained day and night, hoping that one day, she would kill Xiao Shuai, Xiao Yuanjia and Xiao Da.

At first she did not know the real reason and was upset with her. But one night, she witnessed her bestial brother Xiao Yuanjia forcing himself on Ding Yunzi. Even though he had not succeeded but she had been horrified by what her brother was trying to do and finally knew the true reason now. That was not the only abuse that Ding Yunzi had faced…

But because she did not want to hurt her further, she pretended not to know anything about it. In fact, so scarring was this memory, she had even forgotten about it as she began to hate Ding Yunzi for siding with her father and brothers.

Only when she saw Ding Yunzi broke down into tears now as she repeatedly slashed at the dead corpse of Xiao Yuanjia, she remembered how tragic she had been through.

Lie Qing looked bewilderedly at Xiao Youxue and Ding Yunzi. She had killed Xiao Yuanjia by draining all his intricate energy.

Earlier, she was a little worried for she had killed Xiao Youxue’s brother and she feared that she may take vengeance on her. Even though she feared Xiao Youxue but she was also severely injured so she may not lose. But if Xiao Youxue were to join hands with Ding Yunzi, the outcome would be very unpredictable.

But Ding Yunzi reaction surprised her and led Lei Qing to think, “If Youxue attacks me, should I join hands with this Maiden Ding?”

But to her surprise, the two maidens suddenly embraced each other. They began to pour out their sorrows and wept melancholy together!

This left Lie Qing out again.

She had three options now.

One was to attack them while they were distracted for they were now her enemies due to their association with the Virtuous Palace.

Two was to quietly sneak away while she had the chance.

Lie Qing was a very smart woman so she would naturally picked the third option which was to run into their midst and embraced them together as she wept with them!

For some time, they wept together and poured out their individual grieves!

Finally Lie Qing said, “Our martial skills are not weak but our enemies are far too strong and formidable. If the three of us joined hands together, then we’ll be a force to be reckoned with. Anyone that tries to bully us or oppress us, they would have to think twice about it.”

Xiao Youxue asked weakly, “Can we fight the Virtuous Palace? There are more than a dozen top fighters…”

Lie Qing said, “As long as we are united, even if we cannot defeat them yet but at least we can keep ourselves alive until we can be stronger than them.”

At this moment, even Ding Yunzi’s eyes shone with hope. She did not want to return to the darkness again and Lie Qing’s words gave her a shimmer of hope to fight back.

Of course at this very moment, Lie Qing was already thinking of draining all the clan protégés of the Virtuous Palace dry of their virtuous intricate energy!

Lie Qing happily clapped her hands, “Since we are all from the Virtuous Palace now, let call ourselves the New Virtuous Palace!”

Ding Yunzi looked at her quietly before saying, “Are we all equals or you will be our leader?”

Xiao Youxue was also looking at Lie Qing intently.

Lie Qing smiled weakly as she thought, “Screw that.”

But she replied with a smile, “Of course we are equals! Sister Yunzi and Sister Youxue, your martial level is higher than me. I am so weak. So how can I fit to be your leader?”

Xiao Youxue interrupted coldly, “You may be weaker than the two of us and even the rest of the Virtuous Palace now. But if you are able to drain them of their intricate energy, you will not fear us anymore.”

Lie Qing sighed, “Do you know that it is not possible to acquire more intricate energy by draining? I still need to regain my internal energy first.”

Ding Yunzi asked, “What do you mean?”

Lie Qing explained, “The purpose of draining intricate energy is to make my own intricate energy as pure as possible so that I can have an easier time to breakthrough to the next level of the Divine Invincible Force.”

She sighed, “You have no idea how difficult it is for me to reach my present attainment and the difference between this level and the next is so vast…”

Of course, Xiao Youxue and Ding Yunzi understood it.

Xiao Youxue had to undergo several trials just to master the Golden Impervious Body and the Icy Heavenly Tears. The higher the attainment, the difficulty for the next level progression was many times as frustrating and hard. In fact, advancing through the wrong progression may even cause the martial attainment to deteriorate!

She remembered the fatal mistakes made by her mother that caused her to lose her life. By several coincidences, she had managed to revert some of her old mistakes in training the Icy Heavenly Tears and even attained the level six staging. But that was like the maximum that she could go for the next several decades. It was because she did not have the intricate formula for the next level progression. Even if she had it, she would need at least ten years of dedicated pondering even though she was already highly gifted…

As for Ding Yunzi, she had practiced the Virtuous Divine Force but that was only the basic staging. It was because the elders of the Virtuous Palace had already found a flaw in the intricate formula of the Virtuous Divine Force which was really the Invincible Divine Force and caution practicing it unless the practitioner had sixty years of internal energy foundation.

That was why Xiao Shuai had deliberately experimented with the imperfect Invincible Divine Force and left it in the martial fraternity to see if anyone could really practice it.

By a chance happening, it was found by Gongsun Bai. Xiao Shuai was surprised that Gongsun Bai could actually practice on the original Invincible Divine Force on his own without hindering his martial progression. What he did not know was that decades ago, Shui Yichi had helped Gongsun Bai to correct many of the intricate formula of the Invincible Divine Force.

Ding Yunzi said all of a sudden, “Maiden Lie Qing, so you know the original Invincible Divine Force?”

Lie Qing knew what Ding Yunzi was thinking as she replied, “Who else knows the original Invincible Divine Force other than me? I can teach you the Invincible Divine Force if you want to. After all, we are going to be good sisters soon.”

Ding Yunzi was very smart. She did not hesitate at all as she said, “If you are willing to impart to me every single word of the intricate formula, I would be grateful…”

She had purposely stressed “every single word” to emphasis that she meant the entire intricate formula of the Invincible Divine Force.

Lie Qing laughed softly and said, “Then good sister, you must teach me your flying sword techniques. I want to learn it too.”

Ding Yunzi smiled and said, “Unfortunately, even if I want to teach you the flying sword technique, it is not possible for you to learn it.”

Lie Qing asked in surprise, “Oh?”

Xiao Youxue interrupted gently, “That is because there is no shortcut in acquainting this skill. Not only do you have to know the various different techniques, you need to practice continuous for ten years at the soonest. I know that many protégés in the Virtuous Palace typically take as long as thirty years to even master the basic throwing.”

Lie Qing was disappointed immediately as it shown in her expressions. There were many techniques that required sheer hard work and dedication. She knew that it was true. There was simply no shortcut in this type of sword technique. That why it was a martial feat.

In the martial fraternity, no one was truly invincible. The various martial clans were almost famously renowned for one or more exception feats, techniques or martial skills that made the martial clan unique.

Xiao Youxue asked her, “Why do you name us the New Virtuous Palace? Are you trying to create more chaos or just blackening the reputation of the Virtuous Palace? How awkward it is to add a new in front…”

Lie Qing laughed mysteriously, “That is because…I like the name!”

She told a half-truth. That was because she did not want to reveal her sad past, just like Ding Yunzi did not want to tell anyone her past and so did Xiao Youxue.

Digging out the past was the last thing in their minds because they did not want anyone to know about their tragic past.

Xiao Youxue did not want Yi Ping to know that she was the one that had killed his wife.

Ding Yunzi asked, “So who will be our leader? We still haven’t settled this yet.”

Lie Qing smiled alluring, “Whoever becomes leader, I am sure none of us would be fully in agreement and we can argue whole day. How about Yi Ping?”

Ding Yunzi softened her eyes and muttered something.

Xiao Youxue said, “He is our best option then.”

It was because the only person that could keep Lie Qing in check could possibly be Yi Ping since he had saved her life and she could tell that Lie Qing had a lot of respect for him or else she would not talk ceaselessly all the time to him. It was because martial exponents at their advantage staging would prefer more quiet time in mediation and thinking of how to improve their martial progression with whatever little time they had.

All of a sudden, she remembered Yi Ping was still lying on the ground as her sharp ears had picked out the sounds of a wolf pack approaching the forest!

Xiao Youxue immediately gasped, “Oh no! Yi Ping is still there!”

The three maidens immediately rushed to where Yi Ping had fallen and reached there just in time to see a pack of wolves attacking Yi Ping!

Ding Yunzi immediately drawn out her sword and whirled it in a circular motion before she sent her sword flying towards the pack of wolves as it slashed across, killing the wolves in front! The rest of the surviving wolves began to scatter when their wolf pack leader was killed.

Xiao Youxue gasped, “We are just in time. He almost got eaten alive by these wolves!”

Lie Qing heaved a sigh of relief as she said, “He seems to be well like by the animals…”

Xiao Youxue could not resist adding, “Better than killed by a pig…”

Ch26 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-09-14 at 07:58 AM.

Thanks for the update.. Are we going to see the battle between the Holy Hex Sect and Honor Mansion soon? Yi ping and friends come to save Ji Lingfeng. Whatever happened to Shui Yixian & the twins? I hope they hadn't forgotten him. Is he going to merge the two palaces into one in later chapters after killing off Xiao Shuai and sons?

Looking forward to reading chapter 27....

very good. an update. maybe another one tomorrow? please!

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsaw View Post
    very good. an update. maybe another one tomorrow? please!
    Thanks for waiting~ Here is an update~

Thanks everyone that is also reading and following the story!~

Have fun reading.

Chapter 27 has both a high and low ending~

Chapter 27: The Terrible Truth

Yi Ping, Gongsun Jing, Zuo Tianyi and Qiu Wufeng were seating at a cozy inn now as they were drinking to their hearts’ content.

They had booked a private room for eating and were seating around a large circular table and there were all kinds of food on the table.

Yi Ping looked at everyone before he finally said, “Other than Brother Tianyi, we are all broke and yet we are ordering so much food?”

Zuo Tianyi laughed, “It is alright. Don’t be shy and order all you can.”

Qiu Wufeng asked, “I didn’t know that a secular sect like the Infinity Sword Clan is so rich?”

Zuo Tianyi took out his money pouch and put it on the table.

Gongsun Jing immediately poured the contents out and to their horror; they saw only ten copper coins that spilled out of the money pouch!

Yi Ping said slowly, “This private room and all these food cost at least three silver and we have not considered the rooms that we have booked yet.”

Qiu Wufeng looked at Zuo Tianyi as he said, “And you are the one that suggest we come here?”

Zuo Tianyi laughed aloud as he said, “Don’t worry. We all can’t afford it but someone else will soon come along and pay for all these.”

Yi Ping asked, “Who?”

Zuo Tianyi smiled mysteriously, “A rich friend of mine.”

Gongsun Jing asked, “Do we know him? His name?”

Zuo Tianyi smiled, “You do know him. His name is Brother Qiang.”

Yi Ping, Gongsun Jing and Qiu Wufeng looked at one another in puzzlement. It was because they did not remember having known anyone with that name!

At this moment, Xiao Youxue, Ding Yunzi and Lie Qing had just entered the private room as they stepped through the thinly veiled curtains.

The inn was unusually crowded both inside and outside.

It was because as soon as Xiao Youxue, Ding Yunzi and Lie Qing had entered the Inn, a throng of visitors began to crowd into the place just to admire them. Those who could not get into the inn was standing outside and pointing at the inn!

Lie Qing stroked her long hair as she smiled, “This place is really so crowded. I have not seen so many people in such a long time.”

Even as they had entered the private room, Yi Ping, Gongsun Jing, Zuo Tianyi and Qiu Wufeng almost fell out of their seats!

It was because even the simply dressed Ding Yunzi had changed into a long flowing silk dress. They were simply too stunning and moving that Yi Ping, Gongsun Jing, Zuo Tianyi and Qiu Wufeng were staring at them for a long time.

Xiao Youxue was looking shyly because this was the first time that Yi Ping had looked at her in this way.

Yi Ping was the first to react as he said slowly, “Don’t forget that we have many enemies. You are all attracting too much attention and moreover, your dresses are all too revealing…”

Silk was a translucent material. During hot summers, it would grow cool and during winter, it would be warm. Naturally, it was also a beautiful but expensive material.

Gongsun Jing gasped at Ding Yunzi as he said, “So beautiful…”

Xiao Youxue said coolly, “Did it really matter? We are already attracting throngs of attention when we have entered the city. It doesn’t matter which outfit we are wearing. Why are you guys minding?”

It was true. Even without changing to the silk dresses, they were all absolute stunning.

Qiu Wufeng gulped as he stared at Lie Qing and Xiao Youxue, “I do not mind.”

Zuo Tianyi stared at Ding Yunzi as he said, “Yunzi, you are very beautiful...”

Yi Ping sighed as he said, “Somehow I have a very bad feeling tonight. Let’s leave the city immediately. The Honor Manor has a presence in this city. It is really unwise that we should be attracting so much attention…”

But before he could finish, a dashing man walked into the private room in an insolent manner as he laughed, “Maidens, can you honor me with your names? I, Nangong Le will be honored to know you.”

Indeed it was Nangong Le but he did not seen to have notice that Yi Ping, Zuo Tianyi, Qiu Wufeng and Gongsun Jing was in the room at all even though he was acquainted with them. His attention was entirely focused towards Xiao Youxue, Lie Qing and Ding Yunzi!

In fact, he had even failed to notice that Ding Yunzi was the maiden that had killed Gongsun Bai on that very fateful day!

It was only then that Yi Ping, Qiu Wufeng and Gongsun Jing knows that “Brother Qiang” refers to Nangong Le, a cockroach that could not be killed off and driven away so easily!

Zuo Tianyi had accidentally caught sight of the vain Nangong Le in the city. Knowing what he was like, he had asked Lie Qing to deliberately lure him to this inn!

Nangong Le was in the streets when he caught sight of three stunning beautiful maidens and when they had entered the inn; he began to push rudely through the crowd as he ignored the cursing and swearing.

Lie Qing smiled at Nangong Le, “So you are Nangong Le? I have heard of you.”

Nangong Le laughed merrily, “You have heard of me? I didn’t know I am so renowned. Hahaha.”

He thought, “I am so lucky today to find three wondrous beauties in this boring city.”

Lie Qing thought, “So he is the richest man in the fraternity. He looked more like a lecher to me.”

But she smiled as she looked at Yi Ping, “Unfortunately, we are having a meal with some friends here and it may not be convenient for us to talk.”

Only then did Nangong Le remember that he had barged into a private dining room. He quickly turned around to apologize when he saw Yi Ping, Qiu Wufeng, Zuo Tianyi and Gongsun Jing staring at him.

Nangong Le was startled as he said, “Brother Yi Ping, why are you here? Do you know you are being wanted by the Honor Manor now? Isn’t this Qiu Wufeng? He has killed his father and elders. Gongsun Jing! All of you are wanted by the Honor Manor! Oh mine, even Protégé Master Zuo Tianyi is here. You are from the orthodox clan; surely you know that they are wanted by the majority of the martial fraternity? There is a heft bounty on their heads!”

Zuo Tianyi smiled bitterly, “So what? Are you interested in the bounty too?”

Nangong Le smiled, “Do you think I mind those little bounty?”

Qiu Wufeng sarcastically remarked, “You don’t mind those bounty but you want those renown very much. We all know you are a very vain person.”

Nangong Le clapped his fan as he said, “Who doesn’t want renown? Power, influence, riches, fame and glory, these are the pursuits of everyone.”

Lie Qing interrupted with a mesmerizing smile, “And beauties too. You have forgotten to mention it.”

Nangong Le laughed, “That is right. And beauties too.”

All of a sudden, Xiao Youxue closed the doors of the private room.

Nangong Le was alarmed as he suddenly noticed that the stares of everyone were hostile!

Xiao Youxue said coldly, “What about the honor of killing the richest man in the fraternity. That would be some renown.”

Nangong Le smiled bitterly, “Surely maiden you must be joking. You are too beautiful to be a killer…”

All of a sudden, Xiao Youxue drew out her sword and pointed at him. From her expressions, she did not seem to be joking!

Nangong Le immediately looked at Yi Ping to say, “Brother Yi Ping, what is going on? Say something for me.”

Yi Ping sighed as he said, “Either we have all heard wrongly or we have misunderstood you. You just suggest that you would betray us for some renown.”

Nangong Le protested, “Of course not!”

Zuo Tianyi said, “The Honor Manor has called for an expedition against the Holy Hex Sect. All the heroes of the fraternity are now gathering in force for an attack into the western fraternity. This city is the transit point to the western fraternity. If you are not here to join the westward expedition attack against the Holy Hex Sect, why then are you here?”

Nangong Le said, “I am going there to look for Maiden Lingfeng…”

He turned to Yi Ping and said, “Brother Yi Ping, you know her too. Don’t you know that she is actually the Holy Maiden of the Holy Hex Sect?”

Lie Qing was alarmed as she thought, “Who is this Maiden Lingfeng?”

Ding Yunzi thought, “Is she the one that is with him that day in the Honor Manor?”

Yi Ping smiled weakly to Nangong Le, “It seems that you have already forgotten all about her…”

Nangong Le stole a quick glances at the three stunning maiden as he said, “Of course not! But you know, I am just surprise to see all of you…”

Gongsun Jing said, “More like you are surprise to see all the wanted fugitives in the same place.”

Qiu Wufeng said, “It seems like we cannot let you go now.”

Nangong Le said in alarm, “I know that Gongsun Jing and you do not like me. Both of you are vicious enough to murder your families in order to achieve your aims. I am not like you.”

All of a sudden, Yi Ping grabbed Nangong Le to sit down as he said. “Gongsun Jing, Zuo Tianyi and Qiu Wufeng are my brothers now. Let bygones be bygones now. They are only teasing you. After what had happened to their families, they had made light of many things. Surely, you don’t mind the past too?”

Gongsun Jing and Qiu Wufeng roared with laughter.

Gongsun Jing smiled, “Surely you don’t mind a little joke? We already know what you are like. Would you like to join us?”

Nangong Le the Joyous smiled bitterly, “Do I really have a choice? You are really some friends of mine. Now I am forced to join a company of fugitives.”

Yi Ping said, “If you don’t want to join us, then you can leave immediately and as soon as possible. It is because our enemies may be here anytime soon!”

Nangong Le took a jar of wine from the table as he gulped it before he said, “Why should I leave? You know I never believe those rubbish that come from the Honor Manor. Many of my other pugilist friends are framed by them too. There are good wines, good food, beauties and my good friends here. As you know, I have never feared the Honor Manor at all…”

Zuo Tianyi laughed as he patted Nangong Le’s shoulder, “We know, we know. Even though we have never talked more than a few sentences previously before but I admire your courage. When the Virtuous Palace is here later, we’ll be glad to have you on our side.”

Nangong Le immediately turned ashen and he almost choked on the wine that he was drinking. He stammered, “Did you just say the Virtuous Palace?”

Yi Ping said, “Somehow, I am wanted by the Virtuous Palace too. This is Maiden Xiao Youxue and this is Maiden Ding Yunzi, they are also wanted by the Virtuous Palace.”

Nangong Le broke into a cold sweat as he looked at Maiden Ding as he asked, “She is really the one that was with Xiao Shuai at the Honor Manor that day?”

Yi Ping said, “That is her.”

Nangong Le could barely recognize her even though he was looking all the time at her that day. He sighed, “Alas, Nangong alas Le Nangong Le. You are now really in deep trouble.”

Lie Qing said unhappily, “Yi Ping, why didn’t you introduce me?”

Yi Ping smiled, “Even if I don’t introduce you, he will know who you are sooner or later. So why should I introduce you when he will surely ask later.”

Nangong Le immediately asked Lie Qing, “May I know Maiden name?”

Lie Qing blinked her eyes at him as she replied, “Lie Qing. That is my name!”

Nangong Le said, “What a beautiful name. I am Nangong Le. You have beautiful eyes too. I have never seen eyes like yours.”

Lie Qing smiled mysteriously as she said, “Do you really think my eyes are beautiful?”

Nangong Le said, “Of course!”

Lie Qing asked, “Then you are not afraid of that Maiden Lingfeng would be upset with you for talking to me?”

Nangong Le laughed as he looked at Yi Ping, “I wish she would be upset with me but I can tell that her heart probably belongs to Brother Yi Ping.”

Yi Ping stammered, “I…I am married already.”

This time, everyone except Xiao Youxue and Ding Yunzi was surprised as Lie Qing asked, “Ping, you are really married? Why didn’t you tell us?”

Gongsun Jing said, “I wonder who sister-in-law is. You can introduce her to us in the future!”

Qiu Wufeng asked, “Who is she? Brother Yi Ping’s wife must be someone that is extraordinary too.”

Yi Ping sighed with sadness, “I wish I could but that not possible. She is no longer in this world.”

Lie Qing appeared to be saddened as she said, “I so sorry to hear that…”

Yi Ping looked at Qiu Wufeng as he said, “Actually you know too. She is Shui Yixian the Celestial Fairy.”

While the name of Shui Yixian was not familiar to Qiu Wufeng but when he had heard of the name of Celestial Fairy, he was jolted. It was because he was among the group of exponents that had led an attack on the Eternal Ice Palace!

Qiu Wufeng stammered as he asked, “She had died on that fateful day when I had left? Tian Kui killed her?”

Yi Ping shook his head sadly, “It is the veiled yellow dressed maiden that has killed her. No matter where she is, I will never let her off.”

Yi Ping looked pleadingly at Ding Yunzi, “Maiden Yunzi, if you know who she is, you must tell me…”

Ding Yunzi interrupted coldly, “I have told you many times, I do not know her.”

Qiu Wufeng was bewildered as he said, “You say that Maiden Xiao Youxue is the one that has killed the Celestial Fairy? How is it possible?”

All of a sudden, Yi Ping looked at Qiu Wufeng with a sudden jolt as he stared blankly in the air, “What do you mean? You say that Maiden Xiao Youxue is the veiled yellow dressed maiden?”

Qiu Wufeng was baffled, “Isn’t that very obvious? I still recognize her shoes and white jade pendant on her belt…”

All of a sudden, Yi Ping recalled the first time that he had seen the veiled yellow dressed maiden and her terrible kicks that still startled him to this very day. Their shoes were exactly identical!

Yi Ping looked at Xiao Youxue…

There were tears on her face as she had wept silently. She pursed her lips as she said melancholy, “Yes, I have killed your wife. Now you know the truth, are you happy about it?”

This revelation shocked everyone in the room!

Ding Yunzi said, “Sister that is not possible. I have seen the Celestial Fairy only a few months ago…”

Xiao Youxue said melancholy as she took a few steps backward, “Sister Yun, you don’t have to console me. I know what I have done is unforgivable but I have no choice back then. You don’t have to lie to cover for me. I know that you have meant well…”

Yi Ping got up of his seat as he stared fiercely at Xiao Youxue as he said angrily, “You lie to me! All these months, you are with me. What are your purposes? Are you content just to see me in miserably and never finding you?”

Xiao Youxue wished that this day would never come. This was the day that she had dreaded and feared…

Xiao Youxue threw the white emerald long sword on the table as she said tearfully, “I know you will never forgive me. Even if you want my life, I will never resist.”

Yi Ping trembled as he looked at the white emerald long sword as he laughed aloud, “All this while, my enemy is beside me. Yixian! Today I have finally found her! I will avenge for you….”

He trembled as he picked up the white emerald long sword as he said with bloodshot eyes, “You…you…”

Gongsun Jing and Zuo Tianyi immediately tried to step forward to hold him back but Yi Ping waved the white emerald long sword at them as he said angrily, “This is only between the two of us only. The rest of you step back!”

Ding Yunzi stepped in front of Xiao Youxue as she said coldly, “Don’t blame me if you want my sister’s life!”

Yi Ping said angrily at her, “You know all along that Youxue is the one that I have been looking for. Why do you lie to me as well?”

Ding Yunzi said quietly, “The Celestial Fairy is still alive. I have seen her…”

Yi Ping said angrily, “You are still lying to me. The protégés of the Virtuous Palace are trained in deceptions and bluffs. You are all birds of a same feather flock!”

Lie Qing interrupted unhappily, “Are you saying that I am also a deceptive person?”

Yi Ping said angrily, “Aren’t you all birds of the same feather flock?”

Lie Qing raised her enchanting voice, “I dare you to say that aloud again.” She had drawn out her black sword!

Yi Ping said angrily, “Fine, fine. You are all in it together. Only you are right and I am wrong.”

He stared at Xiao Youxue as he said with trembling voice, “You have saved my life. Now go. Don’t let me see you again or else the next time we have met again, it will be a life and death duel!”

Xiao Youxue cried out softly before she stormed out of the room, “I’m so sorry…”

Ding Yunzi looked coldly at Yi Ping, “You will regret this.”

And she too left the room.

Lie Qing said to Yi Ping, “Why are you so fierce? Do you think raising your voice aloud proves you are right? Why did you have to say so many hurtful words? Well, enjoy your meal then!” She too stormed angrily out of the private room.

Zuo Tianyi was worried for Ding Yunzi as he said quickly, “I will try to have a talk with them...”

Nangong Le said, “Brother Yi Ping, I am really disappointed in you. You actually raise your voice at them?!”

Zuo Tianyi and Nangong Le left the private dining room at the same time, leaving Yi Ping, Gongsun Jing and Qiu Wufeng alone in the room.

Yi Ping wailed aloud, “Only the three of us are left now…Am I wrong? She is the one that has killed my wife. I shouldn’t avenge my wife? Where is the justice then?!”

In the end, he still could not bring himself the heart to kill Xiao Youxue…

Qiu Wufeng was sighing, “I didn’t know this will turn out this way…”

Gongsun Jing sighed even heavier as he said, “Maiden Lie Qing is really an interesting maiden. She has actually asked us to enjoy our meals before she left.”

Qiu Wufeng asked, “What is so interesting about that?”

Gongsun Jing replied, “You could have seen the wry smile on her face just before she left the room. It seems that she has already anticipated that we have no money to pay for the meals…”

Yi Ping and Qiu Wufeng received a sudden jolt. If they had all left, who would pay for the lodgings and the meals?!

Ch27 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-07-14 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    Thanks for waiting~ Here is an update~

Thanks everyone that is also reading and following the story!~

Have fun reading.

Chapter 27 has both a high and low ending~
    Thanks for the update.

At first I thought what Yi Ping did was wrong, but after some contemplation, Yuexue actually did "kill" and had the most truest of "intentions" of killing his wife at the time.

Though she survived, Yuexue should still have to own up to the responsibilities. Yixian is also a bit wrong for fearing to be married, and is now desparately looking for him.

I hope Yuexue will not die tragically at the end as originally intended, because tragic characters like hers never seem to have a happy ending... They seem to always mirror their parent's sorry fates. It would be inspiring if at the end, all of Yi Ping's lady friends can set aside their ambitions and past hatreds for the sake of Yi Ping and live happily ever after with him or one of his friends.... No one dies except the villains....

Will we be seeing Chapter 28 tomorrow?

Hi Avidfan,

It seems Lie Qing is surprised he's married or his wife passed away in this chapter...

I thought immediately after leaving the Ice Cavern he already told Lie Qing he needed to look for his wife's killer and Maiden Ji. In this chapter Maiden Ji is now referred to as Maiden Lingfeng... It is best to use a consistent name throughout... This may confuse some readers....

I can't wait to see how they resolve this conflict between Youxue & Yi Ping.... I hope it won't be stretched out to too many chapters... The maidens at least will need a few chapters to get to better know one another...

Hi Avidfan,

It seems Lie Qing is surprised he's married or his wife passed away in this chapter...

I thought immediately after leaving the Ice Cavern he already told Lie Qing he needed to look for his wife's killer and Maiden Ji. In this chapter Maiden Ji is now referred to as Maiden Lingfeng... It is best to use a consistent name throughout... This may confuse some readers....

I can't wait to see how they resolve this conflict between Youxue & Yi Ping.... I hope it won't be stretched out to too many chapters... The maidens at least will need a few chapters to get to better know one another...
    Lie Qing still thinks Yi Ping is trying to drive her away xD
    Edit: I mean Lie Qing thinks that Yi Ping is trying to drive her away previously.
    In the latest chapter, she purposely emphasis it again, feigning surprise even though she knew it. As of why....xD

As for the address, yes it is confusing. But remember, Nangong Le was introduced to Ji Lingfeng as Maiden Lingfeng. Both addresses are actually interchangeable. But yes, confusing xD~
    Last edited by Avidfan; 09-30-13 at 03:00 AM.

I wonder why Lie Qing pulled her sword on Yi Ping. I thought she liked him alot, although he kind of insulted her, but it was understandable given his emotional state. Did she over react as well? Was she going to stab him again with her poison laced sword? I thought she was smart, insightful and doing everything possible to make Yi Ping like her. It was mentioned she respected Yi Ping the most and owes her life to his benevolence and nominated him to be the leader of their group. She should have been standing on his side instead, while Yunzi of course helped cover up the lie, obviously she stands by her martial sister's side.
    Last edited by szfong; 09-30-13 at 12:59 AM.

I wonder why Lie Qing pulled her sword on Yi Ping. I thought she liked him alot, although he kind of insulted her, but it was understandable given his emotional state. Did she over react as well? Was she going to stab him again with her poison laced sword? I thought she was smart, insightful and doing everything possible to make Yi Ping like her. It was mentioned she respected Yi Ping the most and owes her life to his benevolence and nominated him to be the leader of their group. She should have been standing on his side instead, while Yunzi of course helped cover up the lie, obviously she stands by her martial sister's side.
    Maybe she just didnt want to be in the awkward situation of paying the meals, joking!~

Yi Ping shouted at her, and she wasn't really too pleased about it.

Will Yi Ping leave the group? Or does Yuoxue leave instead?

It's like the breakup of a modern singing group

Do you have a preview of scenes for next week's episode.

Hi Avidfan I just noticed the following inconsistencies...

Since Zuo Tianyi only had a few copper coins and the fugitives were penny less, how did the maidens afford to get 3 perfectly fitting expensive silk dresses to lure the rich Nangong Le?

In those day and even today, they had to buy the fabric and hire a seamstress to prepare such nice dresses. It can take anywhere from weeks to over a month depending on stitching, embroideries, accessories, etc... and especially how rich you were--they worked overnights if you specifically payed for it.

edit: Also, even Yi Ping is now dressed in nice white clothing as well, where did he get the money, even he told Lie Qing he was a poor nameless wanderer--did he borrow a bundle of silver/gold from the Eternal Ice Palace, at the same instance he took the precious sword, but then he wouldn't need Nangong Le's money....
    Last edited by szfong; 09-30-13 at 07:21 PM.

They didnt exactly pool their traveling expenses together and it is bad to ask the ladies to pay xD. So that scene is all about who is man enough to pay for the tab. No one wants to ask the ladies to pay =)

Xiao Youxue stole quite a bit from the Virtuous Palace while Ding Yunzi have her own traveling expenses xD But they wont reveal~

And yes, they can pawn their swords but that is something they do not want xD But Yi Ping is really penniless xD

Understood.... guess just leave it to our imaginations....

Can't wait to see the outcome of this blood feud....
    Last edited by szfong; 09-30-13 at 11:17 PM.

Hi Avidfan:

Just a few observations & comments....

I'm curious as to where are Zuo Tianyi and Nangong Le's followers/deciples? They are protege young masters after all... And even Yi Ping has 3 subordinates + 2 fugitives sworn brothers.

Is he a coward that gave all his income to the Honor Mansion as tribute? Also, I wonder why he is helping Yi Ping when he supported the idea of attacking the Holy Hex Sect for supposedly killing his father by remaining silent by withholding the facts that his father was injured in a fair fight. He seems to greatly fear the Honor Mansion.

Is he befriending and usingYi Ping only to get close to Yunzi? He is no better than the other two sworn brothers of Yi Ping, it seems...

I hope Yunzi will dump him when he shows his true colors and Yi Ping gets another maiden. Yunzi seems to have a love hate relationship with Yi Ping. if she didnt like him then why was she always linient when they fought. Is this going to be a possible outcome?

Is one or more of his sworn brothers a spy for their enemies? Yi Ping seems a bit naive.... after knowing what had happened to his father and mother, as Ji Lingfeng reminded him earlier... He should have avoid having sworn brother like the plague.

Hi Avidfan:

Just a few observations & comments....

I'm curious as to where are Zuo Tianyi and Nangong Le's followers/deciples? They are protege young masters after all... And even Yi Ping has 3 subordinates + 2 fugitives sworn brothers.
    Nangong Le's two priest friends have gone back to the western fraternity. They appearing soon.

As for Zuo Tianyi, he is actually looking for Ding Yunzi after finding her. So he is traveling alone.

ai yah! saw your post and thought it was an update. thats why they patience is a virtue. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    Nangong Le's two priest friends have gone back to the western fraternity. They appearing soon.

As for Zuo Tianyi, he is actually looking for Ding Yunzi after finding her. So he is traveling alone.
    So the big big fight is going to happen soon... I wonder if Yixian and her two deciples, will find him just in the nick of time to save him and his maidens from certain deaths from the Honor Mansion & Virtuos Palace .

Xiao Shuai must now be pretty upset that his son and demuir maiden didn't return home. :-/