Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: A Martial Odyssey

Ok, for the sword question:

You remember u mention that the sword is all along with Yi Ping? So in an earlier post, i re-add it for Chapter 36 (it is never gone). The fighting scene with Yuan Hao, Yi Ping is using his palms as he is really better with the Divine Horizon Hands than the Horizon Swordplay.

The "Where is your weapon" refers to weapon in hand. I should edit it to clarify it, thanks!

In Chapter 36, we can see that Yi Ping genuinely admire Ding Yun and have sentiments for her. But Yi Ping is also feeling guilty to the other maidens and he doesn't want to hurt Ding Yun. So he just trying to stop her from ending her life. But Ding Yun is now 100% fallen in love with Yi Ping =)

No action yet, cos Ding Yun is equally shy xD

Hi Avidfan,

There appears to be a slight inconsistency in chapters 35 and chapter 36 in relation to chapter 31:
    Ding Yunzi was startled and she looked at Yi Ping with a hateful look. Her expressions had suddenly changed and she was trembling.

Ji Lingfeng looked at Yi Ping with woeful expressions as she said coldly to him, “You are a beast in disguise.”
    From this excerpt, we can tell that Ding Yun & Lingfeng despises rapists, especially Ding Yun, who now had three of them, and from the looks of everything, both twins are accusing Yi Ping of raping them during a moment of folly... Even though the twins do not blame him, they stilled cried their hearts out in agony in front of all of Yi Ping's friends--although we know it was orchestrated under Yixian's orders to prevent Yi Ping from seeking revenge and so that he will have a set of lifelong companions once she dies from the Divine Calamity. Yi Ping basically had no defense or memory of his heinous crimes against the twins--he was drugged, stripped, and had twin naked wives forced upon him.

Although she should feel appreciative of Yi Ping for trying so hard to keep her from killing herself & mending her broken heart, but how can she now love him 100% when the truth has still not been revealed, and in the back of her head, Yi Ping is very much like the 3 other horrible men that has hurt her? Perhaps in a later scene, since Lie Qing had fainted when the twins accused him, Lingfeng and Ding Yun should make their feelings of disappointment about him known and their reservations concerning his character can be lifted when the twins or Yixian explains their deception and that they can in turn now agree to perform the marriage rituals with him...hehehe...

BTW, why doesn't Yi Ping like and love Lie Qing? She had been around Yi Ping MUCH longer than Ding Yun & Lingfeng... She seems to care alot for him and made it known to all his friends that she plans to die at his side if he is dead...

Oh well, since I had some free time... I might be reading too much into the scenes, but I might as well write a few minor comments about this exciting, yet fun to read story of yours... Much appreciate it, Avidfan...

Today, I had thought we've been treated to an early Chapter 37.... Darn.... no luck...
    Last edited by szfong; 11-09-13 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post

BTW, why doesn't Yi Ping like and love Lie Qing? She had been around Yi Ping MUCH longer than Ding Yun & Lingfeng... She seems to care alot for him and made it known to all his friends that she plans to die at his side if he is dead...
    Even though Lie Qing had been around Yi Ping longer than Ding Yun and Lingfeng, but with Xiao Youxue around, she simply did not have any chance xD

And during those few months, Lie Qing was not entirely impressed by Yi Ping too.

Yi Ping may not know Lie Qing is concerned for him but he was aware that Nangong Le and Qiu Wufeng were interested in Lie Qing though.

Chapter 37: The Deadly Celestial Annihilating Star Formations

It was only a few days later that Yi Ping had managed to find a possible exit. It was a dark cave in the ravine opening.

After exploring the cave for some time, Yi Ping found the cave to be immensely huge. So he had returned to find Ding Yun and Lele.

Yi Ping said solemnly, “I have searched the entire gorge valley and although there are many caves, many are a dead end except for one. I’m going to explore this cave more thoroughly as it is too huge and it may take some time.”

Ding Yun said softly, “I will go with you.”

Yi Ping sighed, “The cave may be extremely treacherous and it is very slippery. It is better that I go alone.”

Lele looked at Yi Ping serenely with an earnest woeful expression, “Yi Ping, even though we have not gone through any marriage rites but…” She looked at Ding Yun who nodded silently, “We should go through woes and joys together. We are now together. If you are to die inside the cave, we will follow you!”

Ding Yun said with equally firm conviction, “That’s right!”

Yi Ping was moved as he looked silently at them. Finally after a while, he said. “Let’s us go now.”

He thought, “Yi Ping, with two such companions that willingly follow you onto death, even death is not to be feared!”

Yi Ping lit a torch as he walked in front when they had entered the dark cave.

When they had entered the cave, Ding Yun began to cling to him closely. It was not out of fear though but she was guided by her natural instinct and being closed to Yi Ping, gave her a feeling of assurance.

The moving light of the torch was not bright in this dark cave. Fortunately, both Yi Ping and Lele had already cleared their eight extraordinary vessels. Even if there were little light, they could see what was in front of them clearly as they avoided the dangerous pitfalls and slippery slopes.

Lele was astonished that Yi Ping could walk so steadily.

She gently asked him, “You can see in the dark?”

Yi Ping nodded awkwardly.

Lele asked again, “You have an owl eyes or have you cleared your eight extraordinary vessels?”

Yi Ping said, “I have accidentally cleared my eight extraordinary vessels.”

When Ding Yun had heard it, she was astonished and began to look at Yi Ping again with a new light.

Lele smiled, “Really? What about your conception and governing vessels?”

Yi Ping smiled weakly, “I have accidentally cleared my conception and governing vessels due to an incident.”

Lele nearly tripped as she almost missed her steps. She was in utter disbelief. It had taken her more than two centuries and with the help of the Jade Emperor to clear her conception and governing vessels!

Her beautiful composure changed as she said, “Do you know what that means? If you have cleared these two vessels which means that you have in control of your life conception and can govern death. These two channels are called the life and death channels. Do you really know how difficult it is to do so?”

Yi Ping smiled even more awkwardly, “Is that so?”

Ding Yun was stunned as she gasped, “You have really cleared your life and death channels?”

For the very first time, she had felt that her martial progress between Yi Ping and hers were so vast.

Lele said, “And you have lost to Yuan Hao, Sister Ding Yun and me?”

Yi Ping asked, “What’s wrong with that? You have lost to Yuan Hao too.”

Lele gave a soft sigh as she said, “That’s different. I am careless and I did not expect to meet an exponent of that caliber.”

She quickly added, “That means that you can see all our strokes clearly?”

Yi Ping nodded slowly, “But after exchanging more than two hundred strokes with Yuan Hao, I could not see his attacks too clearly. Then you have come…”

After exchanging more than two hundred strokes with Yuan Hao, Yi Ping was in a daze and hardly maintained his focus. It was only due to his sheer mental fortitude and endurance that he had persisted.

Lele had arrived just after she had seen Yuan Hao stabbing Yi Ping with his cane and fatally wounding him with a blow. Her first thought was that this young man was going to die anyway and why was she even bothering trying to save him?

But the irony happened. Instead of saving him, it ended up it was him saving her.

Lele could only scolded him gently, “You are so pathetic.” But she was actually secretly pleased and was proud of him.

Ding Yun said gently to Yi Ping, “You have lost only because Yuan Hao has the superior techniques and he is also more experienced. In time to come, you can certainly defeat him.”

Lele said all of a sudden, “Yi Ping, when you are able to defeat Yuan Hao, don’t kill him alright?”

Ding Yun and Yi Ping were both startled at her sudden request.

Yi Ping asked, “Yuan Hao has wounded you and you are always threatening to kill those that have slighted you. I am just surprise why.”

Lele sighed softly, “Yi Ping, it is better for you to restraint from killing. It won’t be good for your progression in the future. As for Yuan Hao, his malevolent air is too heavy and it won’t be possible for him to progress further in his state of divinity. Should he encounter the Divine Calamity, he will surely die.”

Yi Ping nodded, “Lele, you are too kind…”

Lele smiled mysteriously as she blinked at him as she said to herself, “Yuan Hao’s blood is far too precious to be wasted.”

Ding Yun said to Lele, “I notice that sister seem to lack the killing intent when you are fighting and it will be your undoing.”

Lele sighed incoherently and with great sadness, “I have long forgotten how to fight. Maybe that is why I have survived the Divine Calamities. Or rather, the past Divine Calamities have spared me…”

Ding Yun nodded.

Yi Ping could sense that Lele had suddenly become overwhelming sad so he quickly said, “Let’s us be on our way. The torch won’t last long.”

The cave complex was large and had many paths. After several hours, they were all getting worried and they had already used up two torches. It became apparent that they had lost their way and was too deep.

Lele asked, “So, do we continue or backtrack to the entrance?”

Yi Ping was staring blankly at the surrounding, “This cave is impossibly huge…”

Ding Yun was looking keenly at the surroundings. All of a sudden, she gasped and pointed to a passage, “That passage over there seem to have been used before.”

Yi Ping looked at her as he asked, “How do you know?”

Ding Yun said, “Part of the walls is smooth and it looks too unnatural. It is likely to be man-made. Look at the other sections of the passages; do you see that it is rough and uneven?”

It gave Yi Ping hope as he quickly said, “Let’s go!”

They soon reached a large cavern and was immediately stunned that that this cavern was actually a large chamber that was constructed by granite and limestone!

Even though it was in disrepair and it seemed that no one had ever been here for a long time, the grandeur and the size of the chamber was astonishing!

At the far end of the chamber, there were three seemingly white statues of three maidens in beautiful poses.

Ding Yun muttered, “It makes no sense to build a chamber here out of nowhere. Unless, there is a possible exit somewhere near here? But shouldn’t it be inside the gorge where water is more accessible?”

Lele nodded too but her attention was totally drawn by the objects in this chamber. There was a sense of familiarity and a sense of déjà vu. As she raised her slender fingers to touch and felt the walls of this chamber, she was trembling!

Somehow Yi Ping was drawn to the fading white statues as he seemed to be pulled irresistible to it.

When Yi Ping had walked to the statues, he was totally stunned!

It was not because the statues were so life-like or their workmanship was so exquisite that had stunned Yi Ping!

It was because the white statue that was standing regally in the middle with a noble air was the exact replicate of Shui Yixian and even their standing mannerism was the same!

The other two statues were looking down and had swords in their hands. And the two statues look vaguely similar to Lele and Lie Qing…

Yi Ping simply could not believe his eyes.

Yi Ping said, “Lele, come over here quick…”

Lele snapped out of her trance and with Ding Yun, she quickly walked towards Yi Ping as she smiled, “What’s wrong with you? You have never seen life size statues before?”

When she saw her replicate, she was stunned.

Ding Yun was startled too, “Isn’t this Lele and Lie Qing?”

Lele smiled weakly, “My statues are all over the fraternity but none of it really looks like me. Maybe it is just a coincidence. I am so upset. I should stand in the middle, right?”

It was only then did she notice that Yi Ping was not heeding her and he was touching the face of the statue in the middle.

Lele interrupted with a soft glee, “What’s wrong with you. You actually fallen in love with a statue? Even if you like this statue, you can’t move it.”

She raised her pole and seemed to threaten to destroy the statues but till Yi Ping paid her no heed and was still looking intently at the statue.

After some time, they could hear Yi Ping muttering, “Yixian, Yixian. How I miss you so. I have finally found you…”

Lele was startled for she knew that Yixian was Yi Ping’s rightful wife.

Ding Yun had seen Shui Yixian before and she was many times more moving and beautiful in reality than this statue here. The statue could only capture her likeness but could not capture her unparalleled beauty.

Lele was not pleased as she gave Yi Ping a tug.

Yi Ping woke up from his stupor as he quickly said, “Lele, isn’t this statue you?”

Lele smiled, “And what are you touching now? It is just a coincidence. All statues look alike to me.”

Yi Ping said, “No, it really look like you and I have never seen such perfect craftsmanship before. Lele, why are you here?”

Lele brushed her silver hair with her fingers. She seemed to be deep in thoughts before she finally laughed softly, “Oh well, I am a Goddess. Someone must be secretly worshipping me here.”

All of a sudden, Lele had noticed that Yi Ping and Ding Yun were looking at her intently.

Lele fingered her silver hair as she asked, “What is wrong? Why are the two of you looking at me like that?”

It was because Ding Yun and Yi Ping had suddenly noticed that when she was stroking her hair, she had the exact same mannerism as Lie Qing!

She asked again, “What’s wrong?”

Yi Ping was too bewildered as he said, “Nothing…but just wondering what is this place? Who had built it and where are we?”

Lele said softly, “It seems that this place is very ancient and has been abandoned for a long time.”

All of a sudden, Ding Yun exclaimed excitedly. “There are inscriptions engraved below the statues!”

Yi Ping quickly shone the torch at the base of the statues. Indeed there were inscriptions engraved on the floor base. He quickly wiped away the soil and dust with his hands.

The words were very ancient and they could barely read it.

Yi Ping stood up as he said miserably, “I can’t read it. I don’t understand…”

Ding Yun said, “I can read it but I can’t really translate the meaning…”

Lele laughed softly, “You uneducated boor. Let me read it. These characters are still in use from my time.”

But when Lele began to take a look, she was dumbfounded.

She began to recite as she translated, “Heaven Wrath had descended upon the three realms. My transcendent had been interrupted not by the Divine Crisis but by the most terrible of all the calamities, the Dark Malevolent Star Crisis. In that crisis, all three realms were given acquiescence to destroy in order to transcend. It was a crisis that was so woeful that many celestials were slew including my two celestial sisters, Luminous Star and Melody Star.”

Lele said, “It makes no sense at all…”

Yi Ping said, “Could the Divine Crisis refer to the Divine Calamity?”

Lele began to ponder, “In that case, she was trying to overcome the Divine Calamity but had encountered the Dark Malevolent Star Crisis? No, that is not right. She had already overcome the Divine Calamity. She was trying to overcome the Celestial Wrath. It was because the next line was more apparent.”

Yi Ping said, “Did she succeed?”

Lele continued to translate, “Even though I had a thousand years of divinity and had created a formidable star formation, I was not able to overcome the Divine Crisis. The Ascend failed because the deaths of my sisters had a lasting impact on my attainment and my end was near. In my final moments, my heart still reaches out for my sisters and was not regretful that I did not succeed in my investiture. Even if I take another thousand years, I will do so.”

Yi Ping said regretfully, “So she still fails.”

Lele said softly, “I didn’t know there are others with such high attainment ahead of the Jade Emperor and the Sage King. Apparently, they had either all been killed one after another or had all turned into ashes by the Divine Calamity.”

Ding Yun asked, “Why are they forced to kill one another? Don’t they have a choice?”

Lele said weakly, “I didn’t know that is real…I don’t know…”

Yi Ping asked, “Lele?”

Lele said, “The Jade Emperor once told us that there is a deadly calamity that reverse and realign the cosmos. Once that happens, Order can only be restored through an infinitude Chaos when all the Celestials must battle and kill the other Celestials until the cosmos are realigned once again. In the distant past, the Celestials were said to be split into three major fractions as they fight for supremacy. The result of that secret battle is never known. How true that is, even the Jade Emperor does not know.”

She added, “Yi Ping, can you smash through the floors of the inscriptions?”

Yi Ping was startled, “For? It is a pity to ruin the inscriptions even if it is not true…”

Lele said coolly, “Just do as I say please. There is something inside the floor.”

Yi Ping was startled as he asked, “How do you know?”

Lele said, “This is my guts feeling.”

She was looking at him tenderly and she seemed to be pleading with him.

Yi Ping sighed deeply before he mustered all his martial power with his Aspire Invocations and smashed at the inscriptions with his Aspire Horizon Hands!

To his surprise, the floor broke through easily and indeed, it was shallow and had an opening at the bottom!

Ding Yun was startled as she said, “It is really hollow.”

Inside the hollow floor, there was a yellow scroll and a long sword. Lele immediately grabbed it and unravel the scroll.

Yi Ping asked, “What it is?”

Lele held it with trembling hands as she gasped startlingly, “This scroll…this scroll actually lists all the state of celestial divinity from start to end. Even the Jade Emperor does not know all the stages and we have been practicing blindly! Genesis, Enlighten, Emotion, Transverse, Seventh Sense, Crisis and Ascend. So she was actually at the last state of divinity when she turned to ashes…”

She continued to read, “Alas, I am actually at the Emotion state of divinity.” She looked tenderly at Yi Ping and sighed, “No wonder I am so vulnerable to emotions. The scroll says that every state of divinity have a hidden crisis and the practitioner would get particular vulnerable towards the very end. I didn’t know that and did not guard against it…I would die soon?”

Yi Ping immediately turned ashen as he said firmly, “Lele, you won’t die. No matter what, I will protect you.”

Lele was touched. She looked at Yi Ping shyly as she said, “Actually I know that I won’t survive the next Divine Calamity. I won’t lie to you. I am…glad to know you, however briefly.”

Yi Ping was stunned. He quickly said, “No Lele, you won’t. I will help you…”

Lele smiled gently, “You can’t and you will only get yourself killed. You have no idea how terrifying the Divine Calamity is.”

Ding Yun said, “The maiden in the center, she is able to get so far ahead?”

Lele nodded as she browsed through the scroll as she muttered, “There are many intricate heart formulas and methods recorded in this scroll. This scroll is simply too amazing…but it is already too late for me.”

All of a sudden, she saw something towards the end of the scroll that startled her. She did not read it aloud.

The end of the scroll wrote, “Dearest Sister, even with my divine cultivation, there is a limit to my divination and it will add on to my calamity. However, it is my last resort already. As you read this, I am no longer in this world. If destiny is willing and fate allows, we will surely meet again in another time. I hope that I may have reached you in time to avert your Divine Calamity. By now, your state of divinity would be high enough to enter the Celestial Annihilating Star Formations. This is the only way to undo your past mistakes. Your sword is the key to the seal.”

She kept the scroll and picked the long white sword, unsheathing it.

When she unsheathed it, she was mesmerized by its ringing sound and its brilliant light.

Ding Yun immediately said, “It is a good sword!”

Even Yi Ping who was not good in appraising swords was awestruck by the resounding beauty of the sword. He said, “What a good sword. I wonder what the name of this sword is.”

Lele said quietly, “Divine Echo. The name of this sword is Divine Echo. I seem to have wielded this sword before…”

As she held this long sword, it seemed that her fighting spiriting was aroused and a part of her memory was revived.

For no hymn and reason, there were silent tears in her eyes.

Yi Ping said, “Lele?”

Ding Yun said softly, “Sister Le, you are alright?”

But still Lele did not respond. She was completely mesmerized by the long sword!

Yi Ping was worried as he held her and shook her, “Lele, are you alright? Is something amiss?”

It was only then that Lele recovered from her stupor.

Lele asked all of a sudden, “Where am I? How long have I been away?”

Yi Ping and Ding Yun were both startled by her.

Yi Ping said, “You are here all along. You seem to be in a daze for a while.”

Lele sighed softly before she sighed gently, “Is that so?”

Her voice seemed to have changed and it had become more gentle and compassionate.

Ding Yun gasped, “Lele, your hair has turned black!”

Lele stroked her hair as she smiled, “Oh really? That’s wonderful.”

Yi Ping was so astonished. It was because her transformation was so rapid and she was even more stunning than earlier. He could scarcely believe his very eyes that Lele would suddenly be so incredible mesmerizing. It was still the same her but her animus seemed to have changed.

It was a good thing that Yi Ping had the Absolute Spirits or else he would be mesmerizing by her in an instant for at this time, her transformation was at its strongest.

Even Ding Yun was incredulous at her sudden transformation. The other person that had this presence was the Celestial Fairy!

Lele said softly, “Thank you, Yi Ping…”

Yi Ping was startled, “Why are you thanking me?”

Lele said gently, “It is you that brought me to this place. I…I have averted the Divine Calamity and could practice the Celestial Force again.”

Yi Ping was startled, “You have averted the Divine Calamity? How?”

Lele said softly, “Just now. I have gone through several tribulations. It may seem like a minute to you but to me, it seem like a hundred years had just passed. I have not only reversed my state of divinity but have also regained it again. I have not only made a breakthrough in my Emotion state of divinity but has even reached the Transverse initiate state of divinity.”

Indeed while Lele was in a trance, she was guided by her memories and the Divine Echo as she entered one deadly Celestial Annihilating Star Formation after another that was in her mind. In some of the formations, she was trapped for years and could not escape. It took her considerable efforts to overcome one formation after another.

The Celestial Annihilating Star Formations, the only known Celestial Formations that could stop the Divine Calamity from reacting. This Celestial Formation consisted of sixty-four formations and another eight inner formations. It was a formation within a formation!

What seemed like a minute to Yi Ping and Ding Yun, had actually taken Lele one hundred years to be freed from the Celestial Annihilating Star Formations! That was why Lele had asked, “Where am I? How long have I been away?” That was because she had been away for so long that it took her a while to actually remember!

Because of her high state of divinity, she had averted the Divine Calamity and did not trigger it or else they would all be dead in an instant in this place!

Lele muttered to herself as she trembled slightly, “So I am Melody Star? Then where are Luminous Star and Revelation Star now? Do they have still had their memories? Sister Yun Xiao seems to have found a way to bring us together?”

She immediately extended her hand as she began to move her fingers rapidly. She gasped, “Uh, Luminous Star is in danger and Revelation Star has a forthcoming Divinity Calamity…”

Lele said to Yi Ping and Ding Yun as she took bold strides forward, “Follow me quickly!”

Yi Ping asked, “Where to?”

Lele smiled enchanting, “Out of course. I know the way out.”

Yi Ping was startled, “Lele, you know the way out?”

Lele laughed softly, “I think so. This place is created like a celestial formation. How on earth you have managed to find this chamber is pure luck. But luck alone won’t get us out as we are already trapped in this formation. But I know how this formation works and may get us out. So, follow me.”

Ding Yun nodded, “No wonder this place gives me a weird feeling and seems to be like a huge maze.”

Yi Ping smiled bitterly, “The minute I enter this cave, I am already lost.”

Lele rebuked him gently, “You should study more, especially on the eight diagrams. Then you won’t get lost and it would be good for your martial progression.”

Ch37 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 05-18-15 at 10:55 AM.

Hi Avidfan.

I now sorely miss the scenes depicting the interactions between Yi Ping and his other friends and future wives, as well as the conflicts and touching moments amongst them... Where have they gone to?

I hope the ending won't be rushed, which as I've noticed in many wuxia novels...

Eg., separate long detailed chapters can be devoted to each of his maidens and long detailed chapters must be devoted to the demise of the villains--giving them time to reflect and repent for their misdeeds or one last try at commiting murder even at death's door as a last final act of defiance against heaven...

We now also need a few action scenes, the fighting kind, I mean...

Thanx for the weekend treat Avidfan!!
    Last edited by szfong; 11-09-13 at 06:24 PM.

Hi Avidfan.

I now sorely miss the scenes depicting the interactions between Yi Ping and his other friends and future wives, as well as the conflicts and touching moments amongst them... Where have they gone to?

I hope the ending won't be rushed, which as I've noticed in many wuxia novels...

Eg., separate long detailed chapters can be devoted to each of his maidens and long detailed chapters must be devoted to the demise of the villains--giving them time to reflect and repent for their misdeeds or one last try at commiting murder even at death's door as a last final act of defiance against heaven...

We now also need a few action scenes, the fighting kind, I mean...

Thanx for the weekend treat Avidfan!!
    Thanks Szfong =) Glad you like it and been following it for so long, as many others.

I even have one on my facebook urging me to post last weekend, thanks too, you know who you are. He doesnt use a nick in this forum, just like many.

As for the next chapter, it may be more than you have bargained for.

Yi Ping friends are being surrounded by some of the top exponents of the Honor Manor and the Virtuous Palace; Yuan Shao, the Heartless Scholar, Jue Yuan, Xiao Da, Xiao Fei and Zuo Tianyi.

Things are not looking too good for them as Lie Qing have not recovered her strength and except for Yujian, Meijian and Liu Qingcheng, none of the group are really their worthy match.

I am very happy with this Chapter,
    especially with its esoteric and transcendental revelations. Mankind has always been fascinated by the heavens and in every civilisation there have been sages and adepts who have aspired to ascend and join the heavens. Thank you again for the ongoing translations.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    Thanks Szfong =) Glad you like it and been following it for so long, as many others.

I even have one on my facebook urging me to post last weekend, thanks too, you know who you are. He doesnt use a nick in this forum, just like many.

As for the next chapter, it may be more than you have bargained for.

Yi Ping friends are being surrounded by some of the top exponents of the Honor Manor and the Virtuous Palace; Yuan Shao, the Heartless Scholar, Jue Yuan, Xiao Da, Xiao Fei and Zuo Tianyi.

Things are not looking too good for them as Lie Qing have not recovered her strength and except for Yujian, Meijian and Liu Qingcheng, none of the group are really their worthy match.
    I thought Lingfeng's is a worthy opponent against them... So, Lele, Lie Qing, and Yixian are re-incarnated sisters? Seems sad that the sisters may eventually leave Yi Ping or hopefully they can still remain together at the end... Youxue, Ding Yun, Lingfeng, and the Twins just aren't as interesting... Then, can't wait to read the next chapter, next week, on the 16th of this month?

I thought Lingfeng's is a worthy opponent against them... So, Lele, Lie Qing, and Yixian are re-incarnated sisters?
    Actually no. Revelation Star dying wish was for destiny to happen again, so that if given a second chance, there would be a memory in the future that is similar to hers. Therefore she woven a series of future events that were most likely to happen, to happen. In that vision, she hope that others (Lele, Lie Qing and Yixian) can finish what she was unable to finish and had a happy ending.

Because of that, she had paid a costly price in divinity that were of no return to her. Also, Lele, Lie Qing and Yixian must suffer countless divine tribulations because of her interference.

Because Lele state of divinity was high, she understood it immediately and she chose to be Melody Star. But Lie Qing and Yixian may not want to be someone else. Their concept of a happy ending may not be the one that Revelation Star had hoped, especially for Lie Qing.

Some Note: This tale is partly inspired by the Investiture of the Gods (封神演义). The Three Xiao Fairy Sisters fought against the opposing celestials and had lost. Two of the sisters died, leaving Yun Xiao to be in great grief.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsaw View Post
    I am very happy with this Chapter,
    especially with its esoteric and transcendental revelations. Mankind has always been fascinated by the heavens and in every civilisation there have been sages and adepts who have aspired to ascend and join the heavens. Thank you again for the ongoing translations.
    Thanks Gerald! Glad you really like it =)

Chapter 38: The Honor Manor and the Virtuous Palace

The forest was at the foot of the grandeur Tranquil Mountains.

But Nangong Le was in no mood to enjoy the scenery.

The normally serene forest was filled with the cries of the wounded and an overwhelming malevolent air was everywhere. Dozens of dead and wounded fighters were everywhere!

At this moment, his friends were all in mortal danger and he could only grit his teeth with his Exuberant Divine Skill as he watched them battled and fell!

He had just been wounded by Zuo Tianyi.

As for Gongsun Jing, he was mortally wounded by Zuo Tianyi and he was battling for his life besides him!

Nangong Le had thought that by bringing his friends to the Tranquil Clan, they would be safe. But a remnant of the Honor Manor, consisting of some of the most powerful fighters in the fraternity was actually lying in wait and stormed the Tranquil Mountains!

Even his friend, Priest Ling Kongquan had just been injured by the Heartless Scholar and was closing his eyes in mediation as he tried to recuperate from his internal injuries!

And now Qiu Wufeng was fighting for his very life against the Lu Baiyun the Heartless Scholar!

Nangong Le said hastily to Priest Ling Kongquan, “Brother Kongquan, I have dragged you and your protégés into this. I’m sorry…”

Priest Ling Kongquan laughed with his eyes closed, “The protégés of the Tranquil Clan are all from an orthodox clan and are all not afraid of death…”

Priest Bai Chongzhen, the protégé leader of the Traverse Clan coughed out blood as he added, “The protégés of the Traverse Clan are not afraid of death too!”

At this, all the protégés of the Traverse Clan were shouting, “The protégés of the Traverse Clan are not afraid of death!”

The Traverse Clan was one of the seven major orthodox clans in the martial fraternity and was situated in the Western Fraternity. When they had received word that the Honor Manor was mounting an invasion to the Western Fraternity, they refused to rally the orthodox fighters.

This action upset the Honor Manor and the Traverse Clan was one of the first clans to be attacked by the powerful Honor Manor and was accused of betraying the righteous martial code of the alliance!

Priest Bai Chongzhen then fled with dozens of his surviving protégés to the Tranquil Clan where they had regrouped.

For a time, the Tranquil and the Traverse Clan had held the Honor Manor back until the fighters from the Virtuous Clan began to join in the assault.

Priest Bai Chongzhen looked sadly at the dozens of protégés from the two clans that had been slain by the Honor Manor as well as the numerous volunteer heroes from the Western Fraternity that had volunteered to fight for their cause.

He muttered sadly, “I have no wine to toast to the fallen heroes.”

They were now being surrounded and outnumbered by hundreds of fighters from the Honor Manor. Most of their fighters on their side were wounded or too weak to fight.

The injured and the weak were now forced to watch the ongoing battle as it turned into a several groups of personalize duels!

It was as though an invisible line had been drawn between the combatants and the injured!

Zuo Tianyi who had just fatally stabbed Nangong Le with his long sword was smirking, “Nangong Le, you are not dead yet! Do you dare to fight me again, or do any of you dare to fight with me?”

Nangong Le laughed weakly, “If you want to get me, come over here first! Or else wait for me to take a short breath first and then I will challenge you!”

To Nangong Le and Zuo Tianyi surprise, Gongsun Jing had opened his eyes as he shouted hatefully to Zuo Tianyi, “You vile beast. I will kill you…”

Zuo Tianyi hummed coldly as he cast his eyes at the fights.

Qiu Wufeng was fighting like a berserker against the Heartless Scholar who seemed to be toying with him. The Heartless Scholar was Qiu Wufeng’s former mentor, turned enemy who had slain most of his clan and had framed him!

Ji Lingfeng was fighting with Jue Yuan the Merciless Monk.

She was having a hard time against Jue Yuan! It was only her extraordinary swiftness that had prevented Jue Yuan from hitting her but the constant movements had taken a toll on her already faltering strength even as she exchanged blows with Jue Yuan!

Jue Yuan laughed, “Do you still have the strength to use the Aspire Divine Hands? I was caution the last time. But now I know that you are the Holy Maiden of the Holy Hex Sect and could only practice the Holy Amalgamate Skill, I am not afraid of your Aspire Divine Hands anymore. Compared to that foolish young man Yi Ping, your martial power isn’t strong enough! Why don’t you give up and marry me?”

Ji Lingfeng hummed coldly, “A monk can get married? Shameless!”

Jue Yuan had restrained from using his strength and his deadly stances. It was because part of the condition for the Virtuous Palace to join forces with the Honor Manor was that they had wanted the Holy Maiden Ji Lingfeng alive.

Priest Liu Qingcheng, the protégé master of the Tranquil Clan was fighting with Xiao Fei.

He too, was having a hard time and was fighting for his life. No matter how fast he had switched his stances and strokes, it could not stop Xiao Fei at all.

Xiao Fei had expected to defeat Priest Liu Qingcheng with little efforts but it was proving to take a longer time that he had anticipated. But he was in no hurry. He could tell that Priest Liu Qingcheng was sweating heavily with his physical and mental fortitude being drained away with every stroke that he had made. So he was in no hurry.

The reason why Priest Liu Qingcheng had fared better than what Xiao Fei had expected was that he had advanced in his Dual Inertness Intricacy and being bolstered by the Tranquil Spirits. Moreover his two protégé disciples Yu’Er and Mei’Er were still fighting and no matter what happened, he refused to be defeated first due to face saving measures.

Because of that simple reason, he had fought nonstop for two hours that caused even Xiao Fei’s martial strength to falter!

Xiao Fei was now sweating heavily as he said coldly, “You are a worthy opponent and better than a lot of fighters that I have encountered. I am careless.”

However, the reason why Xiao Fei and Xiao Da were staying their hands and refused to display their secret techniques were because there were too many people here and Lie Qing was observing them!

Even if they had to use their secret techniques, it would be against the maiden with the crimson eyes who was watching intently at their every fighting strokes and stances!

They were aware of it and part of their attention was also on her.

If their opponent would kill even Xiao Yuanjia, then he or she had to be a super exponent and they were not taking any risks.

The twin sisters of the Eternal Ice Palace, Yu’Er the Jade Sword and Mei’Er the Beautiful Sword were fighting against Xiao Da.

Xiao Da was an extremely formidable foe.

That had caught Yu’Er and Mei’Er by surprise as he could break their Divine Emerald Skill!

Xiao Da was looking at them lustfully and he could barely contain his inner lust as he thought, “There are four great beauties here. Father wants the Holy Maiden, alas while the maiden with the crimson eyes who is also the most desirable is our mortal foe. I guess I have to make do with these two maidens then.”

It actually would not take much time for Xiao Da to defeat the twin sisters but he had taken much longer than he had expected because they seemed to be able to predict his moves and the cold energies of their swordplay were able to negate his malevolent despair.

Moreover, most of his techniques and strokes were meant for killing. Staying his hand was a much more difficult thing than he had expected.

There were a few times that he had the opportunity to deal them a heavy blow but he had stayed his hand. It was because he was afraid of Xiao Shuai, his father. Xiao Shuai had warned everyone that was in the Virtuous Palace not to harm any of the female protégés from the Eternal Ice Palace or else they would be faced with the harshest of the clan punishments.

And Xiao Shuai was someone who had shown no mercy even to his own kin, including his brothers.

Xiao Da laughed as he flashed his sword from left to right, “Why don’t the two of you be my concubines?”

Yu’Er and Mei’Er exclaimed indignantly at the same time, “Dream on!”

There were dozens of pugilists from both sides that were also watching the duels keenly and were awestruck by their extraordinary martial display as they held their breath.

In time to come, Qiu Wufeng would be renowned for his courage and had the fraternity name of the Courageous Windless Swordsman.

Yuan Shao was looking patiently at the fights. It was because victory was inevitable and he was looking intently at a young beautiful maiden on the other side who was stroking her long hair slowly as though she was just a speculator. This enchanting maiden gave him a disturbed feeling, primary because of her red crimson eyes.

Because she did not make her move yet, he had bid his time as well. It was because the other maiden with silvery white hair that he had fought against with many days ago had crimson eyes too and she was an extremely dangerous exponent. Therefore he waited for her to make her first move so that he could gauge her strength.

She was also extremely enchanting and beholden to look at, causing many of the hearts of the fighters to be consumed by lust for her, weakening their resolute.

Yuan Shao thought, “Is she also waiting for me to make my first move and attack me with a surprise attack?”

When he had recalled the terrifying swiftness movement of the young maiden with silver hair, he knew that this amount of distance would not defer his opponent from making an attack in any direction.

Zuo Tianyi had finished his duel and had quietly walked towards him. There were no more fighters from the other side that dared to challenge him anymore.

Zuo Tianyi said, “Master Yuan Shao, it seems like Xiao Da needs some help. Maybe I should help him…”

Yuan Shao stared at him, saying coldly. “With me around, you don’t have to be so concerned. If you are to hurt any of the protégés from the Eternal Ice Palace, don’t blame me for being merciless even if you have the protection of the Honor Manor.”

Zuo Tianyi smiled bitterly, “I dare not!”

Yuan Shao asked, “Who is that maiden with red eyes and a black sword on the other side?”

Zuo Tianyi said, “She is Lie Qing.”

Yuan Shao said, “Which protégé clan is she from?”

Zuo Tianyi said, “She claims to be from the New Virtuous Palace. Where she is from previously, I really do not know.”

Yuan Shao was startled, “She is from the New Virtuous Palace?”

He quickly regained his composure and asked, “How is her martial level?”

Zuo Tianyi replied coolly, “She is good with the sword but she can’t fight now.”

Yuan Shao asked, “Why is that so?”

Zuo Tianyi said, “She doesn’t have internal strength now, having lost it in a recent fight.”

Yuan Shao asked, “Really?!”

Zuo Tianyi smiled, “There is no reason for me to lie to you. We are on the same side now. Even the weakest of the Honor Manor can take her down anytime.”

Yuan Shao was alarmed as he cursed venomously!

It was because they had all fallen for her bluff stratagem. The reason why they had hesitated was because of they were caution of the Red Eye Clan!

Yuan Shao immediately raised his cane and had dashed towards Lie Qing!

Lie Qing immediately turned ashen as she cursed Zuo Tianyi silently.

She had used up half of her Invincible Divine Force in an attempt to save Xiao Youxue. It was because Xiao Youxue and Yi Ping were her benefactors. She had unwittingly caused Xiao Youxue to be grievously injured and it was the least that she could do. Of course, most would not even consider giving up their intricate energy for anyone but Lie Qing would do it for Xiao Youxue!

By half of her Invincible Divine Force, it had actually meant all of her internal strength. It was because the other half of her Invincible Divine Force was her inherent life force and could not be given away.

She quietly said to herself, “Lie Qing, you are only living on borrow time. You should be glad instead that to be alive again for these past several months. Yi Ping, Youxue…I am so glad to know you…both of you may not be alive anymore so what there for me to live for now?”

As Yuan Shao dashed across with startling speed, Yu’Er and Mei’Er saw him and tried to intercept him as they raised their long precious swords against him.

Yuan Shao simply raised his fingers as he avoided the furies of their cold beaming swords, striking both Yu’Er and Mei’Er as their Divine Emerald Skills were penetrated by his Soul Stealer Fingers!

Both Yu’Er and Mei’Er crumbled onto the ground in an instant with shrieked cries!

Even as Yuan Shao had struck down the twin sisters, Ji Lingfeng had flew towards him and raised her entire martial power, unleashing the explosive shrieking might of the Aspire Horizon Hand at him!

Yuan Shao immediately switched his Soul Stealer Finger towards the almighty force of the Aspire Horizon Hand as his fingers struck her palm with a thunderous impact!

Ji Lingfeng was sent flying backward as she coughed out blood!

The martial power of Yuan Shao’s Divine Virtuous Force and his Soul Stealer Finger was startling!

All of a sudden, a young man in white dashed past and caught hold of Ji Lingfeng in mid-air!

It was Yi Ping!

Ji Lingfeng smiled tearfully as she muttered weakly, “Yi Ping, is that really you? You are still alive?”

Yi Ping nodded, “Lingfeng, it is really me. I am here!”

Just as Yuan Shao had almost flown to Lie Qing, he had suddenly backed off!

It was because an extraordinary beautiful maiden in red dress had suddenly intercepted him in mid-air with her long black scythe!

It was Lele!

Nangong Le and Qiu Wufeng shouted excitedly, “Yi Ping!”

They had also saw a beautiful maiden with extraordinary splendor that they could not recognized but the fact that she could cause Yuan Shao to back off gave them some hope!

Ding Yun had come to the aid of Priest Liu Qingcheng as she caused Xiao Fei to back off at the same time too!

Xiao Fei said coolly, “Yunzi, why are you on their side? Have you forgotten what awaits traitors?”

Ding Yun replied coldly, “Ding Yunzi is dead. From now on, I am Ding Yun.”

Lie Qing covered her mouth in utter disbelief as she burst into tears when she saw Yi Ping!

Yi Ping had quietly helped Yu’Er and Mei’Er up. It was as though Xiao Da was not there.

Xiao Da had hesitated because this young man had a frightening aura and he did not want to take any unnecessary risks.

Yi Ping was trembling even as he checked Yu’Er and Mei’Er for internal injuries.

Yu’Er said weakly, “Master, I’m alright. Don’t worry about me. You…are still alive…I am so glad…”

Mei’Er was more emotional as she cried in Yi Ping embrace.

Yi Ping shouted angrily, “Yuan Shao!”

This shout startled everyone by its sheer explosive power and caused everyone except those with strong internal strength to take a few steps backward, causing many of the fighters to cup their ears with their hands!

Yi Ping clenched his fists tightly as he stared angrily at Yuan Shao!

He tried to suppress his bursting rage but when he saw the sorry state that his companions had been and how close they were to death, he had totally lost his cool.

It was because Yi Ping had now returned to a distant past when his mother, Shui Yichi was dying in front of his eyes. At that time, he was just only five but he blamed himself for being so weak. All of a sudden, he could see the dainty sight of his beloved mother moving into his vision, as she displayed one extraordinary stance after the other!

Xiao Da, Xiao Fei, Jue Yuan and Zuo Tianyi had immediately regrouped behind Yuan Shao.

Nangong Le, Lie Qing, Ding Yun, Lele, Yu’Er, Mei’Er, Qiu Wufeng, Ji Lingfeng and Priest Liu Qingcheng had also gathered behind Yi Ping as they supported one another as they all shouting excitedly, “Yi Ping…Yi Ping!”

Lie Qing had quietly walked besides Yi Ping and held his arm as she said gently, “You are here at last…”

Lie Qing touch was electrifying and Yi Ping returned to his senses. He looked at Lie Qing, Ding Yun, Lele, Yu’Er, Mei’Er and Ji Lingfeng as he muttered gently, “Everyone…”

It was the first time that Lele had seen Lie Qing but she had recognized her. Her looks and her crimson eyes were obvious. She wanted to say something to her but Lie Qing seemed to be totally oblivion to anyone except for Yi Ping.

The rest of the fighters that were on the side of the Tranquil Clan were aroused by Yi Ping. It was as though his presence alone could move their fighting spirits by unseen hands and many who had fallen or too weak to move had also got up on their feet, including Priest Bai Chongzhen and even Gongsun Jing!

Even though most of them were now too weak to fight except for Ding Yun and Lele, Yi Ping was like a giant spiritual pillar that was supporting them as they stood defiantly against their foes!

The powerful martial shout displayed by Yi Ping and his righteous air had even caused the fighters on the side of the Honor Manor to be hesitant, affecting their resolute.

Moreover, Yi Ping was being recognized as the young fighter that had dared to challenge Zuo Tianyi, Jue Yuan and Gu Tianle back at the Honor Manor!

There were muttering among the fighters that were on the side of the Honor Manor as they asked, “Is he the one that fight against Master Gu Tianle in the Honor Manor?”

Yuan Shao had never seen someone who could ignite the fighting spirits of the fallen in such a manner. But he was not worried as he had recognized the three newly arrivals. Just not too long ago, he had just defeated them. He was only curious how did their external injuries healed this fast?

Ding Yun he could understand because the Divine Virtuous Force had a healing effect. But as for the young man Yi Ping and the young maiden in red dress? All in all, he had remembered stabbing Yi Ping more than thirty times!

Did Ding Yun secretly taught them the Divine Virtuous Force?

Yuan Shao could only say coldly, “Good! You are all here. It will save us much trouble from eliminating you elsewhere.”

Xiao Da laughed aloud, “I have thought who it is. It is just a young man, a young maiden and Yunzi. Yunzi, have you forgotten all about me already?”

Ding Yun’s expressions were cold and did not reply. But her fingers were subtly trembling and she was filled with dread and hatred for Xiao Da!

Yuan Shao pointed at Yi Ping as he asked aloud, “He is Yi Ping? And who is this maiden here?”

He was pointing at the young and beautiful maiden in red dress.

It was only then, everyone except Yi Ping and Ding Yun had realized no one knew know who this enchanting maiden was, even though she was too attractive to go unnoticed!

Only Ji Lingfeng had recognized her even though she had never seen the Celestial Envoy without her terrifying mask!

Her red dress, her long black scythe and distinctly mannerism had told her it was the Celestial Envoy but she had thought that the Celestial Envoy was an old woman because of her silvery white hair…

But the fact that she could beat off Yuan Shao, had already raised several eyebrows.

Even Lie Qing was now looking at her and was startled to see that she had the same crimson red eyes as her!

Even Xiao Da and Xiao Fei were intrigued by her. Because she was able to cause Yuan Shao to back off with a single stroke, her martial prowess was not to be underestimated!

Xiao Da was looking lustfully at her and was smiling.

Moreover, they were reminded of the legends of the Red Eye Clan that their elders had always told them to remember. And today, there were two of them!

Lele swung her heavy long black scythe with one hand and thrust it into the ground quietly as she sighed softly, “Who I am?”

It was only then almost everyone who was watching her was caught off-guard by her martial display!

It was because for her to wield the seemingly long black metal scythe weightlessness was a display of her martial prowess upon itself. For her to thrust the blade of the scythe totally into the ground was a seemingly impossible feat!

It was a feat that even Yi Ping and Yuan Shao could not accomplish despite their martial strength!

Yuan Shao was slightly taken aback as was everyone. Her scythe just seemed to go through the ground seemingly like it was tofu. One must know that that the ground was covered only with a thin layer of soil, beneath it was just hardened earth and was filled with rocky debris. Moreover the blade of her scythe was curved, making it even harder.

Yuan Shao, Xiao Da, Xiao Fei, Zuo Tianyi, Jue Yuan and Lu Baiyun immediately knew that her internal strength was at the peak and extremely potent.

They just could not figure out how she was able to do it despite her young age for internal strength unlike martial power, could only be cultivate slowly.

Take Yi Ping for example, his internal strength could be cultivated through the Divine Revelation, an intricate formula to circulate intricate energy but his powerful martial power had come from the Aspire Invocation which enhanced his martial strength.

Internal strength and martial strength was therefore related, it was not the same. How strong one’s martial strength may be dependable on the practitioner’s internal strength foundation but it was also somewhat related to the strength of the martial skill too.

Yi Ping’s Divine Horizon Hands, the Aspire Horizon Hand required decades of internal strength foundation before he could use this powerful stance. The martial power of the Aspire Horizon Hand had come from the Aspire Invocation which drew its strength from the intricate energies of the practitioner.

Practitioners like Lele and Shui Yixian may seemingly lacked martial strength in their attacks and appeared weaker but that was an illusion. It was because they were the practitioners of the internal martial arts while Yi Ping focused on his martial strength.

Practitioner like Yuan Shao was versatile fighter, switching between martial strength to use sword techniques and internal strength to use the Soul Stealer Fingers while Zuo Tianyi’s infinity swordplay at the higher levels actually required a combination of both, especially at the sword energy staging.

While everyone was still taken aback, Yuan Shao, Xiao Da and Xiao Fei had immediately eyed her fingernails, her hair decorations, her long sleeves, her dress, her sword scabbard and her footwear. There was not a single area that they had spared!

It was not because they were lustful but because they were looking for concealed weapons and secret projectiles!

They had observed that she had short fingernails and that would mean that she could be expert in unarmed combat as well!

While Lu Baiyun, Zuo Tianyi, Jue Yuan and many of her opponents were also looking at her, they were quickly mesmerized by her eyes and had forgotten that she was actually their foe!

In no time, Zuo Tianyi, Lu Baiyun and Jue Yuan were filled with lust, just as they were filled with lust for Lie Qing.

Lele exhaled softly, “Who I am? I am the Celestial Envoy.”

She purposely waited for her words to be sunk in as she added, “The Celestial Envoy is naturally from the Celestial Palace. I am the Joyful Goddess. Since you are all in my presence, hurry and bow before me with your full condolences!”

At the mention of the Celestial Palace, dozens of fighters from both sides were suddenly paralyzed with fear!

Even though few people in the fraternity could ascertain that the Celestial Palace was even real but there were many dreadful rumors about the Celestial Palace!

No one had ever lived to return from the Celestial Mountains!

Even though the Honor Manor and the Virtuous Palace knew that they were going to attack the Celestial Palace, most had thought that it was just an excuse for a punitive attack to against the unorthodox clans of the Western Fraternity.

It was the fearful invisible hand of the Celestial Palace in the Western Fraternity that had prevented the different orthodox and unorthodox clans in that fraternity to fight openly with one another. That was also the reason why most of the unorthodox clans had also originated from the Western Fraternity!

Even Yuan Shao’s face had a twitch at the mere mention of the Celestial Palace!

Just as Lele was secretly feeling gleefully at the startled shock and the uneasiness of her opponents, Yi Ping had stepped forward and said. “She is Lele and she is no Goddess.”

This startled Lele and she was secretly scolding him in her heart despite her high state of divinity!

It was because in the fraternity, the pugilists rarely revealed their real names and only use their fraternity names. But Yi Ping obviously did not know that. Maidens like Lele, Ji Lingfeng, Lie Qing, Shui Yixian and Xiao Youxue were willing to tell him their real name only because they had liked him!

Lele had painfully orchestrated an awe striking scene to win the psychology battle so that they could gain an upper hand or at least break even over their deadly foes. It was because there were only three of them who could fight while their enemies numbered in the dozens!

Ji Lingfeng sighed softly. She had almost gave Yi Ping a kick as she sighed silently, “You stupid pig!”

The only person on Yi Ping’s side that did not care was Lie Qing as she had already surrendered to her fate and was grateful for the borrowed time. There was only a devoted affection in her eyes for Yi Ping…

Even before Lele could recover from her initial shock, Yi Ping said. “You can all come at me at the same time!”

She nearly fainted from shock, as almost everyone else was also shocked by his bold declaration, including their opponents!

Ch38 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 04-21-15 at 07:24 AM.

Thanks for the update Avidfan!

Much appreciated...

Thanks for the update Avidfan!

Much appreciated...
    Thanks too, here is a quick draft. It is still in the process of editing though xD

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    Thanks too, here is a quick draft. It is still in the process of editing though xD
    The mother of all battles coming. Thank you Avidfan.

It seems Li Qing, in the last three chapters, finally realizes how much she cares for Yi Ping, and may even love him more than the other maidens or wives. When everyone thought Yi Ping had died, she seems to have lost the will to live as well. Yi Ping has affected her character greatly... She's no longer the selfish person she once were and willingly drain herself dry just to save Youxue's life, afraid Yi Ping would blame her. I can't wait to see the fight scenes...

Hope to see the epic battle on your draft of chapter 39 tomorrow... If you're not too busy with work, of course...
    Last edited by szfong; 11-16-13 at 01:07 PM.

It seems Li Qing, in the last three chapters, finally realizes how much she cares for Yi Ping, and may even love him more than the other maidens or wives. When everyone thought Yi Ping had died, she seems to have lost the will to live as well. Yi Ping has affected her character greatly... She's no longer the selfish person she once were and willingly drain herself dry just to save Youxue's life, afraid Yi Ping would blame her. I can't wait to see the fight scenes...

Hope to see the epic battle on your draft of chapter 39 tomorrow... If you're not too busy with work, of course...
    Thanks really for waiting. Here it is now ^^

Chapter 39: Melody Star and Luminous Star

Yi Ping of course was not thinking when he had made the bold challenge. He only said that in a moment of anger!!

For a moment, everyone was stunned even as Yi Ping had already stepped forward and had extended his hands in a combat stance!

Ji Lingfeng was the first to recover her wits as she stepped forward besides Yi Ping, saying weakly, “Yi Ping, I am willing to fight alongside with you!”

Yi Ping was touched. Just as he was about to speak, Yu’Er and Mei’Er had also stepped forward as they cried out empathically, “Master, we are also willing to fight alongside with you!”

Ding Yun wanted to step forward too but her modesty held her back…

Lie Qing’s heart was wrenched and she was trying extremely hard to hold back her tears because she knew that Yi Ping’s very act was suicidal. She wished silently that she had her internal strength back again…

Lele was looking emotionlessly at Yi Ping and was surprised that so many maidens were willing to disregard their lives for him.

The onlookers were envy at the sight.

Gongsun Jing, Nangong Le and Qiu Wufeng may be envy but they were not jealous of Yi Ping. In fact, the maidens were not jealous of one another. They had been through much together in these past few days and had helped to pull one another till this point.

Even Lele who did not go through life and death with them, could see the spark of life in their eyes when they were looking at Yi Ping.

Yi Ping held Ji Lingfeng, Yu’Er and Mei’Er hands one by one as he said, “Everyone…Life and death is predestined. You should treat your internal injuries first lest it worsens.”

Ji Lingfeng muttered, “What is the point if you have died?”

Yu’Er said melancholy, “Mast…”

She gulped and said gently, “Yi Ping…I’m so sorry…actually Protégé Mistress, she is still alive…”

Yi Ping smiled gently as he patted her shoulder, “Yu’Er I know. Maiden Ding has told me the truth already.”

Mei’Er had already burst into tears as she flew into his embrace, sobbing. “Master Yi Ping, evil cannot triumph over good. Remember it.”

Yi Ping turned and said gently to Ding Yun, “Yun, protect them…don’t let the flying swords of the Virtuous Palace accidentally hurt them. You are the only one that knows this technique well enough…”

Ding Yun nodded silently as her eyes swelled. It was because she would rather fight alongside with him!

Ding Yun whispered, “Be extra wary of Xiao Da. While most of us only know one stance from the Unbreakable Hands which is the Penetrating Hand, Xiao Shuai has taught him the Breaking Hand and the Eighteen Folds of the Unbreakable Hands.”

Yi Ping nodded.

Ding Yun added, “And that Xiao Fei, he is also an extremely formidable fighter. Many fighters that were stronger than him were killed by him in the past.”

While Ding Yun was whispering to Yi Ping, Ji Lingfeng looked at Lele with pleading eyes. “The Celestial Envoy, I hope that you can assist Yi Ping.”

Lele said coolly, “Are you threatening me again? I have already helped you the last time. Remember your promise to the Celestial Palace.”

Ji Lingfeng became quiet.

Actually among all the maidens, Lele was the most intimate to Yi Ping. Only Ding Yun knew about their special relationship. It was just that Lele did not feel comfortable to disclose it.

Lele said coldly, “Since he likes to be a hero, let him be.”

Yi Ping sniffed deeply and smiled. Even though Lele appeared to be cold, he was actually glad at heart. It was because he really did not want her to risk her life.

Even though Lele was acting cold but she was actually sighing to herself, “I know that you don’t want me to fight but do you think I will watch by the fence and do nothing?”

Jue Yuan interrupted by shouting, “Young rascal, you have thought too highly of yourself! You can’t even defeat me and you wanted to challenge the entire lot of us? What a joke!”

Jue Yuan had already stepped forward and had raised his martial power, displaying his famous martial feat, the Merciless Palms!

Yi Ping did not waste a moment more as he quickly dashed forward to meet Jue Yuan headlong!

Because Jue Yuan had underestimated Yi Ping the last time and did not use his full strength, he was determined not to make the same mistake again. Therefore he had raised his martial power to the fullest while shouting to Yi Ping, “Rascal, do you dare to take a blow from my palm?”

Yi Ping did not hesitate at all as he shouted back, “Who is afraid of you?”

Both Yi Ping and Jue Yuan had raised their palms and clashed mightily at one another as everyone held their breath!

There was a thunderous clap that exploded mightily as Yi Ping took three steps backward before he could steady himself!

Jue Yuan took six steps backward dazedly and at the end of the sixth step, he coughed out blood!

Yi Ping took a deep breath and circulated his intricate energy with the Divine Revelation as he calmed his heartbeat down. He was otherwise unharmed!

Lu Baiyun immediately caught Jue Yuan in his arm as he said, “Master Jue Yuan, are you alright?”

Jue Yuan simply could not believe that this young man Yi Ping’s martial power had surpassed him by such a wide gap even as he stared furiously at him!

The fighters from the Honor Manor were stunned that Master Jue Yuan, one of the top exponents of the Honor Manor could not take one blow from Yi Ping!

Jue Yuan wiped away his mouthful of blood with his sleeve as he took out his prayer beads as he shouted, “Tianyi and Brother Lu, what are you waiting for? Attack him!”

Lu Baiyun and Zuo Tianyi immediately stepped forward with their long swords.

Xiao Da smirked, “It seems that the Honor Manor may need some help after all.”

Xiao Da was the young master of the Virtuous Palace and the only successor to Xiao Shuai now after his brother Xiao Yuanjia had died. It was not wrong to say that he represented the Virtuous Palace in the absence of Xiao Shuai!

At this moment, he was looking intently at Ji Lingfeng. It was because she was the very reason why the Virtuous Palace was here. Upon receiving news that she was sighed in the vicinity, Clan Protégé Master Xiao Shuai immediately dispatched him with the highest urgency to bring her back alive to him.

He was wondering why his father was so eager to have her. After seeing her exquisite alluring beauty, he was gritting his teeth. Even though he was unwilling to hand her over to his father but he was fearful of him.

Moreover, his father had sent Yuan Shao who was also the Elder of the Virtuous Palace to keep watch on him. Therefore he could only secretly sigh.

But he was quickly looking gleefully at Yu’Er, Mei’Er, Ding Yun, Lie Qing and Lele.

This was not gone unnoticed by Nangong Le who had clenched his fist and had wished that he could punch him right into his face!

Jue Yuan, Lu Baiyun and Zuo Tianyi were now encircling Yi Ping!

Zuo Tianyi said to Yi Ping, “Yi Ping, you have better drawn your sword. In the past, we may have fought to a draw but today, you are not my match.”

Even as he was saying this, his sword seemed to be shimmering and his frightening sword energy began to spread out in all directions!

Even Yuan Shao and Xiao Da were startled at this phenomenon!

His sword energy was so powerful that it lifted the frightening malevolent air that Yuan Shao had exuded!

Indeed, it was the Infinity-One swordplay!

The Infinity-One swordplay was the highest epitome of the Infinity Swordplay. The Old Sword Saint spent decades pondering over the mysteries of the Infinity-One. While the Infinity-Two was the merging of sword and intricate energy which was called sword energy, the Infinity-One was the act of actually discharging it into deadly sword energies!

The Old Sword Saint had used the later part of his life to research the mythical Infinity-Zero but had failed. Only in his dying days, he had grasped part of the Infinity-Zero. And before he had passed away, he had instructed Zuo Tianyi on the possible intricate formula of the Infinity-First and the Infinity-Zero.

The Old Sword Saint had not expected Zuo Tianyi to grasp the full understanding of the Infinity-Zero for decades to come.

But Zuo Tianyi had.

That was because he had witnessed the duel between two super exponents, Lie Qing and the Celestial Fairy which greatly increased his understanding. Coupled with the near death experiences with Yuan Shao, he had finally grasped the Infinity-First!

Yi Ping could sense the terrifying sword energies that exuded from Zuo Tianyi’s sword.

Zuo Tianyi said coldly, “You won’t be so lucky this time.”

Even as he had said that, he had hacked at Yi Ping with a downward slice.

Even as Yi Ping had parried it with his emerald phoenix sword, he could feel the cold beaming energy that pierced through his sword to his arm!

Yi Ping could sense his sword arm weakening but he quickly raised his martial strength and immediately retaliated with the Divine Horizon Hand with his left hand but Zuo Tianyi avoided it by taking a step back.

All of a sudden, Lu Baiyun the Heartless Scholar had seized the attack opportunity to come from his back, as was Jue Yuan with his prayer beads!

The Heartless Swordsman was a master swordsman and was ranked at one of the top exponents of the martial fraternity.

Lie Qing could not help shouting aloud, “Look out!”

Yi Ping immediately whirled his long sword and displayed the Horizon Swordplay, parrying the attackers.

In an instant, Yi Ping, Lu Baiyun, Jue Yuan and Zuo Tianyi were attacking so fast that there were waves of windforce and cold beaming sword energy everywhere!

In all, they had exchanged more than one hundred strokes in a short while!

The onlookers were amazed as they could sense Zuo Tianyi’s sword energies were getting more powerful while Yi Ping’s martial power was also increasing!

All of a sudden, Yi Ping gave a loud shout even as a dozen Horizon Sword Strokes were exchanged in the intermediate!

Ji Lingfeng gasped, “The Asper Continuum Horizon Hands!”

But instead of the Asper Continuum Horizon Hands, Yi Ping had merged it with the Horizon Swordplay!

Lele had almost dashed into their midst because she knew how deadly sword energy in its physical form really was. She was startled that this Zuo Tianyi had actually attained such a high state of divinity.

Just as she was about to dash into their midst, Yi Ping had dispelled the seeming impossible to block sword energies with multiple waves of martial power windforce!

She thought, “When did Yi Ping learn how to merge his Divine Horizon Hand with his Horizon Swordplay? And that enemy swordsman, he has actually such a high state of divinity but he will soon trigger the Divine Calamity and will die very soon. At this point, his blood and heart is the most precious to the Celestial Palace…”

But she continued to be nervous. It was because she knew that Yi Ping could not sustain his martial power for long and would eventually be defeated!

All of a sudden, Jue Yuan was forcefully pushed back by the rippling windforce of the Horizon Swordplay and he was torn apart by the cold piercing waves of Zuo Tianyi’s sword energies!

Lu Baiyun barely escaped even as he parried dozens of forceful windforce coming from Yi Ping and the sword energy arcs that had circulated from Zuo Tianyi at the same time!

He was struck on his chest by the Asper Continuum Horizon Hands and was mortally wounded by three piercing sword energies!

Even as Lu Baiyun fled back to the safety lines of his camp in startled shock, “Zuo Tianyi, you have dared to kill Master Jue…”

Before he could finish, he was forced to take three additional steps backward as another powerful bout of windforce struck him!

Everyone was gasping at the death duel between Yi Ping and Zuo Tianyi, forcing to move backward even as they watched!

They could only see two dark shadows in the middle, the shrieking clanging of the swords and the thunderous explosive clanking sound of their blows. The windforce that were generated, were unlike any that they had seen before!

Yu’Er and Mei’Er had leapt forward as they raised their fingers as they displayed the Divine Emerald Skill, shielding their companions from the deadly cold energies that had flew in their direction!

The other side was not as fortunately as a dozen of the onlookers were killed instantly even though they were all standing a good distance. This immediately caused a panic and many of the fighters of the Honor Manor began to retreat hastily to a safer position!

Only Xiao Da, Xiao Fei and Yuan Shao remained on their ground and were watching the duel with eager anticipation.

Xiao Fei said, “I didn’t know that the Honor Manor has such a highly skillful fighter on their side. I have thought that the young protégé master of the Infinity Sword Clan is just a useless thing. Now, this is interesting.”

Xiao Da hummed coldly, “Xiao Fei, let’s add something more interesting and create some havoc before I get bored.”

Yuan Shao looked sternly at Xiao Da but Xiao Da already thrust four long swords onto the ground!

In split second, he had already drawn up the long sword one by one as he sent it spinning into the other side, displaying the Flying Sword Technique of the Virtuous Palace!

Ding Yun had already anticipated it as she quickly threw her sword into a flying spin as the first sword was deflected!

Yu’Er and Mei’Er had raised their long precious swords and had deflected the second and third flying swords!

The forth flying sword was deflected by Lele.

Xiao Da laughed as he said to Xiao Fei, “What do you think?” Even as he was speaking, he had already thrust a dozen swords in front of him!

Xiao Fei said coolly, “It seems that the other side has only four persons that could handle your flying swords. Of the four, only the Celestial Envoy seems to have the martial level to truly take your blow. The other three are not your match.”

Even as Xiao Fei was talking, Xiao Da had thrown more than six flying swords to the other side!

Xiao Da said coolly, “Xiao Fei, come in and join in the fun.”

Xiao Fei said, “We may hurt the twin sisters…”

Xiao Da said, “There is nothing to worry. We are not aiming at them. They can choose not to deflect our flying swords and avoid it entirely.”

Yu’Er, Mei’Er and Ding Yun had already expended most of their martial strength to deflect the flying swords and had already taken several steps back!

Qiu Wufeng and Nangong Le had tried to deflect one of the flying swords but instead of stopping it, it sent them flying backward!

Ji Lingfeng caught of Qiu Wufeng and Nangong Le as she said hastily, “Everyone back!”

Luckily, the flying sword was deflected in a nick of time by Lele even as it flew past Nangong Le and Qiu Wufeng or else the consequences would be disastrous!

In the meantime, Yi Ping was fighting with his life as he displayed strokes after strokes with both his sword and palm. It was because if he stopped his martial force now, then he could not stop Zuo Tianyi’s sword energy from hurting him.

Zuo Tianyi was not having an easy time too. He had thought that he could end Yi Ping’s life with his Infinity-Zero with just a few strokes but Yi Ping’s martial power was startling.

What Yi Ping lacked in techniques, he made it up with his extraordinary martial power.

Both Yi Ping and Zuo Tianyi were sweating heavily and panting breathlessness. It was because they were both fighting with all their martial powers and executing dozens of strokes at every instant. The first one to stop would lose!

Zuo Tianyi shouted as he displayed a barrage of strokes, “Yi Ping, why don’t you give up!”

Yi Ping raised his martial power again with the Divine Revelation as he sent powerful rippling windforce with his sword towards Zuo Tianyi, “It is because I have people to protect. I cannot lose.”

Zuo Tianyi hummed coldly, “What a noble mission. Nevertheless, it is still foolishness. You need skill to protect. If you beg me now, I may still let you live!”

Yi Ping raised his sword as he counterattacked with three rippling sword strokes even as he shouted back, “Zuo Tianyi, why are you on their side?! I have thought that you are my friend! Why did you do that to Ding Yun?”

Zuo Tianyi said, “It is because I don’t want to die yet. As for Ding Yun, I am really disappointed with her…”

Yi Ping shouted in disappointment, “You don’t have the right to criticize her!”

Zuo Tianyi laughed coldly, “I can even tell you this. I am also the one that have led the Honor Manor and the Virtuous Palace here.”

In his moment of rage, Yi Ping had a momentary lapse in concentration and his left shoulder was pierced by Zuo Tianyi’s Infinity-Five piercing stroke!

Just as Zuo Tianyi was about to attack Yi Ping again with another follow up attack, Lele had flew with startling speed towards them and interrupted his attack, slashing and slightly wounding Zuo Tianyi on his chest who was caught by surprise by her sudden appearance!

Yi Ping was startled as he shouted hastily, “How did you get into here? Get out of here now! It is far too dangerous!”

Lele had shocked and stunned everyone by moving into the death zone of the duel all of a sudden!

Everyone had expected her to be torn apart by the sword energies and the ripping windforce in the middle. But somehow she had made it to the middle unaffected, raising eyebrows from even Yuan Shao, Xiao Fei and Xiao Da.

Lele had reached the Transverse state of divinity of the Celestial Divinity. At this divine state, she could see the invisible waves of the dangerous sword energies. Moreover, the Divine Celestial Force was a defensive martial skill that could neutralize offensive energies. Lele present state of divinity with the Divine Celestial Force was such that she could disregard Zuo Tianyi’s sword energies completely.

Lele ignored his warnings and threw the Divine Echo to him, “Yi Ping, use this sword!”

As Yi Ping unsheathed the sword, there was a low hymning sound as it shattered the surrounding sword energies, knocking Zuo Tianyi a few steps backward!

Zuo Tianyi was startled, “What kind of a sword is this?”

Just as Yi Ping was about to seize the opportunity to retaliate against Zuo Tianyi with the emerald phoenix sword and the Divine Echo, a flying sword flew with startling speed in front of him!

Even as he had raised both his swords with all his martial power, he was still knocked back a few steps backward.

Lele swung her long scythe to deflect the flying sword in time as she asked softly, “Yi Ping, are you alright?”

Xiao Fei, Xiao Da and Yuan Shao were now besides Zuo Tianyi!

Even Yuan Shao was asking, “What is this sword?” It was because he had never seen a sword that could hymn by itself and could even dispel sword energies!

Lele said coolly, “It is the Divine Echo.”

Yuan Shao was startled. It was because the Divine Echo was a divine sword of legend and legends had stated it was the possession of one of the Divine Star Fairies. Even though Yuan Shao had read of it but it was after all just a beautiful legend and nobody had really seen it.

Even Xiao Fei and Zuo Tianyi were slightly taken aback.

Xiao Fei said coolly, “It is named after a sword of bygone days and is not the original.”

Yi Ping said coldly, “Good, all of you have decided to join in the fight. What are we waiting for?”

Yuan Shao said coldly, “This maiden here. She claims she is from the Celestial Palace yet she didn’t know the rules of the martial fraternity? Yet she has interrupted the duel.”

Lele replied coldly, “This is just a vanity to seek honor and glory for all of you. For me, I intend to just fight alongside with Yi Ping.”

Even as Lele was speaking, she had dismantled her long scythe into two sickles in both her hands and dropped the long black metal pole on the ground.

Yi Ping was touched but he stepped in front of Lele as he said, “Lele, step back. These opponents are far too dangerous for you.”

Lele said softly, “Even knowing you may die? Why are you so foolish? Why are mortals so foolish and waste their lives in this manner? Why do you insist on being a hero? If we join hands, then we can still have a glimmer of hope.”

Yi Ping said quietly, “It is because I want to protect all those that are dear to my heart.”

Lele shook her head as she held his arm, sighing melancholy, “I don’t understand why you are willing to forsake your precious life. I am an icy divine star from the heavens. Can you hear… the light stirring of my heart, do you know…what stirs my heart…you have awakened my emotions and filled my lonely life. Our hearts have exchanged intricate with each other…can you see the transparent mirror in my heart?”

Even though she was soft spoken but her slow, unhurried words were heard crystal clear by everyone and it was so heart wrenching that many fighters were moved to tears.

At this moment, everyone could sense the emotion stirrings of her heart!

It was because due to her Divine State of Transverse, she had unwittingly affected everyone with her emotions.

Even Zuo Tianyi, Yuan Shao, Xiao Da and Xiao Fei were moved quietly by her and did not interrupt her.

Priest Liu Qingcheng was startled as he looked at Yu’Er and Mei’Er, “Isn’t this emotion similar to the highest level of the Dual Heart Intricate? I have…actually witnessed it…”

Lie Qing, Ji Lingfeng, Yu’Er, Mei’Er, Nangong Le, Qiu Wufeng and Gongsun Jing were stunned at the sentiments that the Celestial Envoy was displaying openly for Yi Ping.

Ji Lingfeng was the most bewildered. She had asked the Celestial Envoy to aid Yi Ping and the Celestial Envoy appeared to be the most reluctantly to help. When she had seen the way Yi Ping and Lele looked at one another, she knew that their affections were real.

Ding Yun had quietly walked next to Lie Qing…

As Lele looked at Yi Ping, her silent tears dipped onto the Divine Echo as she said. “There is a seal in the Divine Echo. Only the tears of a heavenly fairy can break this seal. The Divine Echo is now yours…”

Yi Ping was trembling as he muttered, “Lele…don’t cry…I can feel your heart…I can feel your very heart…the emotions and your heartbreaks…don’t cry…we will fight together as one… ”

Lele smiled softly, “Really?!”

When she smiled, it was like the arrival of spring and the darkness was dispelled sending gladness into the hearts of everyone!

Yi Ping nodded.

Lele cried softly, “That’s wonderful. Even if I am turn to dust and into nothingness, I will always remember you…”

She had silently unblocked all the forbidden celestial channels in her body and had raised her Divine Celestial Force to the highest level as she smiled at Yuan Shao, Xiao Fei, Zuo Tianyi and Xiao Da. To protect Yi Ping, she was willing to sacrifice her own life and even retorted to use the Heavens Earth Sundering Skill of the Divine Celestial Force.

She smiled to herself, “We will become dust together then…”

“Not so fast.”

Lie Qing had walked quietly next to Yi Ping!

Yi Ping was startled, “Lie Qing, you have not recovered from your injuries and shouldn’t be here. Go back quickly!”

Lele gasped softly, “Luminous Star…”

Lie Qing smiled enchantingly as she swung her long black sword effortlessly, saying gently. “Yi Ping, worry for yourself first. Your wounds are still bleeding now. I am alright now.”

Yi Ping was startled, “You have recovered your martial strength?”

Lie Qing smiled, “I have not only recovered my martial strength but my Invincible Divine Force as well.”

All of a sudden, there was a burst of marital force that was exuded from around her!

Yuan Shao and Xiao Da said at the same time, “The Invincible Divine Force?!”

They could see seven bouts of circular faint blue light around her!

It was barely noticeable to anyone but the practitioners of the Divine Virtuous Force had recognized what it means!

Yuan Shao had prided himself on his mastery of the Divine Virtuous Force and he could release just five bouts of invisible force around him and that was already extremely powerful.

Xiao Fei and Xiao Da could only managed three and that had already propelled them as the super exponents of the martial fraternity. Just their level of attainment alone was enough to resist the powerful sword energies of the Infinity-Zero!

Yuan Shao asked, “How did you know the Invincible Divine Force?! Who are you exactly?”

Lie Qing said coldly, “Have you heard of the Heavenly Temptress?”

Yuan Shao nodded, “You are related to her?”

Lie Qing said coldly, “What do you think?”

Yuan Shao said coolly, “Very good. Today, we have finally found the successor of the Heavenly Temptress. No wonder you have dared to call yourself the New Virtuous Palace…”

Yi Ping interrupted Yuan Shao, “Are we still fighting or what?”

All of a sudden, Yuan Shao had turned around and began to walk away as he was heard saying coldly. “I don’t believe true love exists between the heavens and the earth. Three days. In three days, we will be back to claim your lives. In three days, if you do not hand over the Holy Maiden quietly to us, don’t blame us for being ruthless.”

Everyone was stunned that Yuan Shao would actually walk away just like that.

There were shouts and cheers from both sides. It was because both sides had been too weary and that too many had died.

Even Xiao Da was startled. He took a lingering look at the Celestial Envoy before he walked hastily after Yuan Shao.

Zuo Tianyi said coldly to Yi Ping before he left, “You got only three days more.”

Xiao Fei was looking quietly at the other side. His childhood friend, Ding Yunzi had collapsed in the embrace of the Holy Maiden. He had seen Lie Qing and Yunzi holding hands before she had passed out.

All of a sudden, he had remembered the legends of the Red Eye Clan; the Red Eye Clan had taught the Divine Virtuous Force to the practitioners, only to drain them of their intricate energies at an opportune time to further their Invincible Divine Force. For them to accomplish their vile purposes, they had founded the Virtuous Palace.

He had no doubt that this Lie Qing knew the Invincible Divine Force or else she would not be able to recover her martial strength at such a short notice. He could only say quietly to himself, “Yunzi, do you know what you have done? You may have endangered the Virtuous Palace.”

If anyone had though that Yuan Shao really had a change of benevolent heart then they must be greatly mistaken!

It was because Yuan Shao was still his ever cold and calculating self. He was confident of taking Yi Ping and the Celestial Envoy until Lie Qing had stepped in.

There were three main reasons why he had given them three days.

Firstly, the practitioner of the Invincible Divine Force of course may have already mastered the Golden Invincible Body. Therefore he needed time to instruct Xiao Da, Xiao Fei and even Zuo Tianyi on the weakness of the Invincible Divine Force and the Golden Invincible Body.

Secondly, they had a long battle earlier and most of them had already expended most of their martial strength. Therefore they needed the time to recuperate and regained their martial strength to be in their best condition.

However, the above was still not the main point. Thirdly, he needed an opportunity to drain her Invincible Divine Force in order to advance his martial progress. That was his main purpose!

Ch39 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-07-14 at 09:53 PM.

Many thanks for another exciting and thrilling update, Avidfan!!

fantastic. the mother of all battles has started. waiting eagerly for the second epic encounter. thank you. Avid Fan.

Thanks Szfong, Geraldsaw and all the silent readers who been supporting this work and story.

Hope to see more thoughts and feelings for the story arcs even though most are already pre-determined.

This work is translated at a pace faster than I have expected and is approaching the end of the translation...^^;

A short summary
    There are a number of stuff that caught many surprise:
    1)The introduction of the Joyful Goddess, caught many by surprise at the late stage of the story arc.
    2) The betrayal of Zuo Tianyi
    3) The powerful exponents of the Virtuous Palace, Xiao Da, Xiao Fei and Yuan Shao.
    4) As guessed by Szfong, there is a powerful mastermind behind the new protege leader of the Honor Manor, Gu Tianle.
    5) Why are the Virtuous Palace bending on attacking the Celestial Palace?
    6) Is the Celestial Fairy facing mortal danger from the Divine Calamity?
    7) Who exactly is Lie Qing and her real background?
    8) Who actually will be able to be with Yi Ping in the end?