Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: A Martial Odyssey

weekend not even over and we got the update. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsaw View Post
    weekend not even over and we got the update. thank you.

Thanks Gerald and Szfong, hope you enjoying this latest chapter as much as I do! =D

A little late for the thanksgiving though.

A big thank you to all readers at this point and a happy weekend!

Chapter 42: Sisters of the Fate

Yi Ping was trembling as he walked weakly towards the Celestial Fairy and Youxue while muttering, “Yixian, Youxue…it is really you! I…I…” He really did not know what to say or noticed the icy coldness of the hall as the maidens were all staring icily at one another.

Yu’Er and Mei’Er knew that their protégé mistress was upset because they had been with her for a long time. Their protégé mistress rarely lost her cool and that only happened when they were just young girls and was playing havoc in the Eternal Ice Palace regardless of the clan rules! It was because they had intentional taken advantage of their mistress easy going nature and broke every single rule frequently!

Lie Qing was awkward as she thought, “Youxue is here and his wife is also here. Why am I in this embarrassing situation? I should go…”

Lingfeng and Ding Yun were also quiet. It was because in the presence of the Celestial Fairy, they knew that they had totally no right. They could not even invoke the rule of the martial fraternity by dueling for their rights. It was because none of them were her martial match except for maybe Lie Qing and the Joyful Goddess.

Yixian and Youxue had hidden themselves from their view because they were too awkward to see Yi Ping. If Yi Ping and his companions could not defeat Yuan Shao in three day time, then they would secretly lend him a helping hand.

Yixian and Youxue divine state of their stealth skill was so startling that they could remain completely invisible even to top exponents. Not even Lie Qing and the Joyful Goddess could detect their presence if they willed it.

But what happened in the Grand Hall of Longevity was simply too much for them to bear, testing even their patience.

The Joyful Goddess was horribly late and that caused them to remain motionless for hours while listening to the flirting conversation between Yi Ping and Lingfeng.

And it continued to grow more outrageous when the Joyful Goddess had arrived and they had to listen to her ridiculous excuses and requests.

Not only Lie Qing could not stand her and wanted to teach her some manners, the Celestial Fairy and Youxue were also thinking the same!

The Celestial Fairy and Youxue simply could not believe such an impossible maiden with that kind of an attitude existed in the fraternity. They could only watch in utter disbelief that Lie Qing, the Joyful Goddess and Yi Ping had all lost their martial power from an internal fight!

Were they even aware that they were surrounded by foes?

After they had lost their martial power, the Joyful Goddess was still in a jovial mood to call for a wedding. But because she had lost her martial power, they suppressed their indignation.

Youxue, who was acquainted with Lingfeng, had almost lost her cool when Lingfeng got slapped by the Joyful Goddess.

But still, they continued to endure the antics of the Joyful Goddess till to the very end.

When they realized that they were played by her, they could no longer suppress their wrath for her even with their state of divinity!

As for Yi Ping, he was walking with trembling steps towards them now!

Shui Yixian sighed to herself, “If Yi Ping comes close to me I am going to give him a slap. He has abandoned Yu’Er and Mei’Er. He even wants to get marry to a demoness like the Joyful Goddess. Is he blind or he is consumed by lust for her? I really regret putting Yu’Er and Mei’Er into his hands. I have ruined them…”

Youxue was equally hurt and felt that she had been betrayed by Yi Ping. She sighed silently as her eyes turned melancholy, “We…have barely parted and you have been acquainted with another maiden? Are all men like that? You are…just…like my hateful father!”

And she had raised her hands to slap as soon as he got close.

As soon as Yi Ping got close to them, he was tearful and said excitedly. “Yixian, Youxue! It is really the two of you. I…I miss you. Yixian…I have thought we have been separated by the heavens and the earth…it is really good. Don’t leave me anymore…”

Yixian had wanted to slap Yi Ping but when she had seen him again and she was glad that he was now talking to her that her heart calmed down considerably. It was because she knew that Yi Ping had never forgotten her. How would she not know? Xiao Youxue had told her everything…

And then he said to Youxue, “Youxue, I have thought that you are gone for good…please forgive me…I am too impulsive. I shouldn’t have said those unkind words to you…alas, I am so dense…I really thought that I would no longer see you anymore…”

Xiao Youxue had wanted to slap Yi Ping too. But what she had wanted to do, her heart did not have the will. She could only mutter, “You…are not taking vendetta for your wife anymore?”

Yi Ping laughed sorrowfully aloud, “I…if I know it is you, I will never have the heart. You have saved me so many times…do you think that I would be so ungrateful?”

Yixian comforted him gently, “She didn’t kill me. She had almost killed me but so did I. So now, it is fair. Look at you. Why did you run off from the Eternal Ice Palace? With your mediocre skills and straightforward nature, how many lives do you think you can afford to lose?”

Yi Ping smiled bitterly, “I am still alive…”

Youxue smiled, “You…even a boar had almost killed you! You have better retired from the martial fraternity…”

Yi Ping looked at her gently, “Even a fish could kill me, thanks to you…”

Xiao Youxue had saved Yi Ping from the Thousand Year Ice Fish in the Icy Cavern. After that they had spent more than three months of carefree life together with Lie Qing. That was her happiest period of her life and she had wished that it would never end.

Youxue could not resist a soft chuckle…

Everyone could see suddenly that Yi Ping and the two heavenly maidens were now talking and laughing softly. It was an extremely enviable sight. They seemed to have forgotten about the presence of everyone else in the hall!

Yu’Er and Mei’Er were secretly blinking their eyes and nodding at each other. It was because their protégé mistress was no longer upset. They were smiling at the enviable sight. Even though they had wanted to run to their protégé mistress and to greet her but they were afraid to interrupt this beautiful moment.

Lie Qing was stroking her long hair and had turned away. It was because she knew that she was out of this picturesque scene now that the Celestial Fairy and Youxue were here. Even if she likes Yi Ping, there was nothing left for her to do now…

Lingfeng did not feel uneasy. She was smiling and was teary. She was saying to herself, “Yi Ping has finally found his wife again. That’s great…all good things must come to an end. I will never forget you, Yi Ping.”

Like Lie Qing, Ding Yun felt out of place…

Of all the timing and of all the people to interrupt, it was the Joyful Goddess.

The Joyful Goddess laughed softly, “Yi Ping, are they your friends? They can attend our wedding too. The more the merrier…”

But she was also playing with her fingers on her chin as she pondered, “The maiden in light blue, she is such a familiar sight?”

All of a sudden, she gasped delightfully. “She is Revelation Star! The statue in the chamber of the Celestial Stars! But her eyes, she has not attained enlightenment yet? Alas, that is troublesome. Oh well…none of my business. She is on her own then…”

The Celestial Fairy and Xiao Youxue had appeared in front of her all of a sudden. Their swiftness movement was not beneath her and was astonishing!

The exponents in the hall were gasping breathlessly. They had never seen someone displaying swiftness movement right in front of them with such startling speed that they did not even notice that they had actually moved from the entrance of the hall to the front of the Joyful Goddess!

The Joyful Goddess was startled but before she could react, they had attacked her.

It was a lucky that that she was agile and she had quickly moved back, “Revelation Star, why are you attacking me?”

The Joyful Goddess had once again provoked them with her incessant arrogance!

The three of them were moving across the hall, flashing to and fro that all the exponents in the hall were rubbing their eyes for they had only seen flashes of shadow!

Yi Ping was gasping, “Speed fighting techniques. Amazing…”

But before he could finish speaking, Lingfeng had appeared in front of him and gave him a knock on his head.

Lingfeng’s swiftness movement skill was on par with them!

Yi Ping asked, “Why are you hitting me, Lingfeng?”

Lingfeng said panicky, “You idiot! You are the only one that can stop them now. Stop watching and asks them to stop or there would be casualties!”

Yi Ping was panicky as he quickly shouted, “Yixian, Youxue, Lele! Stop! You are not enemies!”

But his shouts were drowned out by their explosive techniques and blows…

He had lost his martial power and his ordinary shouts could not be heard above the explosive blows that were ringing nonstop…

The Joyful Goddess was shouting panicky, “Two against one, that’s despicable!”

Xiao Youxue said coldly, “Aren’t you a Prime Celestial? And you are calling for help?”

The Joyful Goddess flew towards Lie Qing and was heard saying, “Qing Qing, help me!”

Yixian and Youxue just wanted to slap the Joyful Goddess but she was proving to be harder than they had expected and extremely good in evading.

Lie Qing hummed coldly, “It seems that we are getting closer to closer each time. Serves you right…”

All of a sudden, a windforce that was created from their rapid fighting sliced past her cheek and scratched her cheek. Lie Qing touched her porcelain face and she looked at the blood that was on her fingers.

Lie Qing had raised her martial power with her Invincible Divine Force as six beaming burst of force exploded from her aura, “How dare you scratch my face!”

And soon, she too was fighting with the Joyful Goddess, the Celestial Fairy and Xiao Youxue!

Lie Qing and Xiao Youxue were friends so they avoided attacking one another.

Xiao Youxue and the Celestial Fairy were friends so they too avoided attacking one another.

The Joyful Goddess had the most disadvantages as she had to fight three super exponents at the same time while Xiao Youxue only need to focused her attention on the Joyful Goddess!

As they fought, their martial power and force increased so rapidly that the entire hall was now shaking and they had already knocked down several pillars!

The Joyful Goddess was now panicking as she had exhausted all her possible strokes against these super exponents; they had seen through all her feints and intrigue moves. It would not be for long before she could be hit by them! She thought, “It is even harder than fighting Yuan Hao…”

But she was also astute shrewd. When she could not take any blows anymore, she would use Lie Qing as her shield by taking evasive action behind her!

If there were a power ranking among these four super exponents however slight it was, the Celestial Fairy Shui Yixian would surely be ranked first, second would be the Heavenly Temptress Lie Qing, Youxue would be third while the Joyful Goddess Huan Le would be last.

But in terms of internal strength, it was the opposite. The Joyful Goddess would outlast them as long as she had the most profound internal strength due to the Celestial Force and her centuries of mediation, provided that she did not get kill first. That was why she was bending attacks with her superior speed against the three of them.

Priest Liu Qingcheng, Gongsun Jing, Nangong Le, Qiu Wufeng, Priest Ling Kongquan and Priest Bai Chongzhen were all shouting to Yi Ping and the rest, “Everyone quickly run! The entire hall is collapsing!”

Yi Ping was reluctant to leave but he was dragged away by Lingfeng and Gongsun Jing.

Gongsun Jing said, “Brother, this place is too dangerous now. The building may collapse anytime. There is nothing we can do except to pray for their safety...”

Lingfeng said, “That’s right.”

Nangong Le was sighing poetically, “Four heavenly maidens fighting, what a wondrous sight…” But before he could finish, he was knocked onto the ground by a sudden windforce as a shadow dashed past him and he had to be carried away by Qiu Wufeng!

Just as Yi Ping and the last of the group had exited the grand hall, the entire building had suddenly collapsed, leaving the four fighting maidens who were still inside!

The entire structure of the collapsing pillars and walls weighed tons! No one could have possibly survived such a mind blogging heavy crash!

Yi Ping fell upon his knees as he sobbed uncontrollably, “We have just been reunited and now...and now, we have separated again. Why is it that Fate must plays such a cruel trick on me?!”

He began to clench his fists and hit the ground repeatedly until his fists were bloodied…

Lingfeng, Yu’Er and Mei’Er were tearful as they consoled him, “Yi Ping, don’t…”

Priest Ling Kongquan said solemnly, “The dead cannot be brought back. We will surely dig up their bodies and give them a grand burial.”

Priest Liu Qingcheng was staring at the collapsed Grand Hall of Longevity. It was one of the oldest buildings in the Tranquil Clan with over two thousand years of history.

Priest Bai Chongzhen was sighing to himself, “The Prime Celestial Joyful Goddess is dead…we are still surrounded by our enemies. We are now Celestial Messengers in all but name only…”

Priest Ling Kongquan asked, “How is everyone?”

Gongsun Jing said, “Brother Nangong has fainted earlier. Most of us managed to escape with nothing more than just a few bruises. It is a miracle that we are all able to make it out alive…”

Qiu Wufeng was in tears as he stared at the Grand Hall of Longevity.

Gongsun Jing asked him, “Why are you even more upset than Yi Ping?”

Qiu Wufeng wailed, “I have thought that I would be the hero of the Celestial Star Formation. With the Joyful Goddess dead, who will impart to us the Celestial Star Formation now? We are all as good as dead now. We may as well dig our own graves now.”

The hard truth sunk in once again and those who had overheard it were also depressed by the coming outcome!

All of a sudden, Yi Ping got up and he said to everyone. “Priest Liu Qingcheng, I have a request. Let the wedding continues tomorrow. Even if Lele, Lie Qing, Yixian and Youxue are dead, I am going to hold a ceremony for them.”

Priest Liu Qingcheng nodded silently.

Ding Yun, Lingfeng, Yu’Er and Mei’Er were now holding hands and were tearful.

When Yi Ping had finished speaking, he had dashed to the collapsed building, picking and throwing away the debris!

Even as Yi Ping had just started picking the debris, Ding Yun, Lingfeng, Yu’Er and Mei’Er were besides him, picking up and clearing the debris with him!

Priest Bai Chongzhen shouted to his clan protégés, “What are you all waiting for? Help them!”

Priest Liu Qingcheng shouted too, “Help them!”

In no time, dozens of protégés from both the Traverse and the Tranquil Clan were also helping to clear the debris!

“What are you doing Yi Ping? Digging dirt like a kid?”

Yi Ping and everyone were startled at this familiar divine voice. It was unmistakably the voice of the Joyful Goddess and he could sniff her lavender scent!

Yi Ping quickly looked up and saw the Joyful Goddess standing in the distance. She was stroking her long luster hair to and fro. Even though she was still quite a distance away but her divine voice could be heard clearly.

Yi Ping muttered, “Lele…are you…human or ghost?”

The Joyful Goddess said, “I am never human. I am a Celestial. When I heard that you are preparing a wedding for me, I have immediately come back from the dead to visit you.”

Everyone else was too stunned and fearful to react. It was too supernatural and they were all looking at the Joyful Goddess in utter disbelief.

Yi Ping said sorrowfully, “Lele, I am so sorry. It is my entire fault. I have caused your death indirectly. I shouldn’t have asked you to come here in the first place…it is my entire fault…”

The Joyful Goddess sighed melancholy, “Yi Ping, I have only a brief moments left before I vanish. I am so happy that you are going to hold a wedding for my sake. Don’t you forget about me…”

Yi Ping was tearful and he was shouting frantically, “Lele, I won’t forget you! Don’t leave me!”

Ding Yun interrupted, “Yi Ping…Le…the Joyful Goddess isn’t a ghost or dead. She has a shadow…”

Lingfeng was startled. She was so seized up by the Joyful Goddess sudden appearance that she was not thinking clearly. If she was not a ghost, then where were the Celestial Fairy, Lie Qing and Youxue?

The Joyful Goddess said melancholy, “I have just died. That…is why I still have a shadow…very soon, even my shadow will vanish and you will never see me ever again…”

Yi Ping cried out, “Le…Lele….”

He had already run with all his might towards her!

But when he had run halfway to her, dashing across the gardens, small pavilions and the stone bridge that was across a small canal, Yi Ping had suddenly paused in his tracks.

He had suddenly turned back and was red-faced.

He began to walk back quietly and there was a shadow in his expressions!

Everyone was stunned!

Lingfeng thought, “Didn’t he missed the Joyful Goddess so much that he just ran all the way to her? Why did he suddenly turned back and looking so upset?”

The Joyful Goddess was calling out, “You….you don’t miss me anymore?”

Yi Ping turned around and pointed at another direction.

As there were buildings blocking the views, no one except Yi Ping could see what he was actually pointing at.

But Gongsun Jing, Lingfeng, Ding Yun, Yu’Er, Mei’Er, Qiu Wufeng, Priest Bai Chongzhen, Priest Ling Kongquan and Priest Liu Qingcheng hastened to Yi Ping immediately. They were equally stunned at the same time when they saw the Celestial Fairy, Lie Qing and Youxue standing under a pavilion and they were examining a golden scroll together in perfect harmony!

They were all ghosts?

The Joyful Goddess immediately said melancholy, “We have all died…”

Yi Ping said angrily, “Enough! Why did you lie to me, Lele? Do you think it is even in the least funny?”

The Joyful Goddess looked sheepish as she took a glance at the Celestial Fairy, Lie Qing and Youxue before saying, “I just want to know if you are concern for me or not. I…I really had a near miss with death but Revelation Star has grabbed me…”

The Celestial Fairy nodded gently, indicating that it was the truth.

Actually Yi Ping was not really upset with her. He was truly glad that she was alive.

But when he had heard that she really got a near miss with death, his heart immediately softened as he asked gently. “Are you alright?”

The Joyful Goddess nodded slowly.

Yi Ping asked, “What is going on?”

Of course, Lele was not going to tell him now because it was something unorthodox and embarrassing.

When the grand hall was collapsing, they had continued to fight with one another furiously.

At the last crucial moment Yixian had blocked off a falling heavy wooden arc that almost hit Lele with her Divine Emerald Skill as she whispered softly. “We need to get out of here fast or we will all going to die.”

Lie Qing agreed with her, “Let’s settle the fight outside then.”

They were in harmony on that and immediately ceased fighting, using their last ditch efforts to make an escape in the nick of time.

When they were outside and just as they were about to assume their fights, the Joyful Goddess suddenly said. “Sisters look!”

She had took out a golden scroll and rolled it opened in front of their eyes.

Yixian, Youxue and Lie Qing were stunned at the number of intricate formulas that were found in this scroll as they scanned quickly with their eyes. Every single wording of the intricate formulas that were found in this golden scroll was profound!

Because the wordings of the scroll were written in an older text, it took them some time to realize the importance of such a martial treasure!

Youxue asked, “What is this golden scroll?”

Lele said, “These are the various intricate formulas and the paths required to attain divinity. These intricate formulas will aid in your understandings of your martial skills and help you to overcome the Divine Calamity one day depending on your destiny.”

Lie Qing was looking at it with trembling eyes for she knew how deadly the Divine Calamity was and she was unsure if she could survive the next Divine Calamity for she had cheated death using an unorthodox method.

Even the Celestial Fairy Yixian was moved by the sight of the golden scroll for past protégé leaders of the Eternal Ice Palace had all perished in the Divine Calamity.

Youxue asked, “Is the intricate formula real?”

Yixian replied, “Appears to be. This and this, are real and even more polish from what I have known. It takes me five years to figure this intricate formula at that staging. If I know of this intricate formula earlier, it can save me four painful years…”

Youxue was amazed of Yixian’s ability to read and her mastery of the various intricate formulas.

Lele smiled, knowing that they had been moved by the golden scroll that she had found.

She added, “Clearing the Divine Calamity is just the first step. There are seven stages of divinity at the Celestial Level. They are Genesis, Enlighten, Emotion, Transverse, Seventh Sense, Crisis and Ascend. Each stage of divinity is furthered divided into three tiers, lower, middle and upper. Without this scroll, you can never understand how to clear and survive at each staging.”

Lie Qing gasped as she peek at the scroll, “I am only at the Genesis Level. My crisis…”

Lie Qing was the only one that had no difficulty in reading the text but the many of the intricate formula was so profound that she could not grasp the essence of the intricate formula yet.

The contents of the entire golden scroll could probably take centuries to fully grasp and understand!

Yixian was quiet for a moment before she asked softly, “What is it that you want so that you can impart to us the contents of this scroll?”

The Joyful Goddess laughed softly, “Nothing. You are all my sisters. When you have reached the Transverse stage, you will understand. We have a secret destiny waiting for us that even I cannot divine yet. We are once sisters together in a different time. What really happens I really do not know because I do not have those memories too. But if we are to survive until the Divine Wrath, we must be together.”

Lie Qing asked, “Is that why you have been calling me Luminous Star?”

Youxue asked in a low whisper, “You…you will help us?”

The Joyful Goddess nodded, “But there are certain things you must know. You must severe all attachments and sentiments until you can reach the Emotion Staging, or else it will be disastrous for all of you. It is a long way before you can even reach the Emotion Staging, perhaps many centuries.”

Lie Qing looked at Yixian and Youxue for she knew what they must be thinking. She smiled bitterly, “I don’t mind. I am already at the Genesis staging. It not as if I have someone in mind.” She had lied of course.

Yixian’s reply stunned Lie Qing and Youxue, “This is necessary sacrifices. Yi Ping and I belong to different world. I have already wasted so many empty years and time is running out for me. To overcome the Divine Calamity is not only my past protégé leaders’ wishes but is also mine. I…am willing to embark on the path of divinity.”

Youxue kept quiet. She was thinking of Yi Ping at the same time and the contents of the golden scroll.

The Joyful Goddess knew that she had successful bribed them and turned them on her side.

For Yixian and Lie Qing’s state of divinity, it was not an easy matter to bribe them. No one would surrender an intricate formula without any condition. Each of the intricate formula in the golden scroll was a martial secret and extremely profound. The Joyful Goddess had shown them not one but so many intricate formulas at the same time and so willingly.

How could they not be moved?

She added, “From now on, we are sisters. You still have the time to think over it. I will leave the golden scroll with you for three days.

The Joyful Goddess sighed softly, “But now, I got a bigger headache. I still need your approval for my wedding. I don’t want to be slapped or be embarrassed on my wedding date.”

Ch42 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 04-28-15 at 10:55 AM.

Can't wait to see some action...

Many thanks for the update, Avidfan!
    Last edited by szfong; 12-01-13 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Can't wait to see some action...

Many thanks for the update, Avidfan!
    Thanks Szfong~

Do you think it is getting out of your initial predictions ? You are not guessing anymore xD~

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    Thanks Szfong~

Do you think it is getting out of your initial predictions ? You are not guessing anymore xD~
    I've been quite busy lately with family, etc... and also need to upgrade some of my old computer hardware & software... especially since it was black-Friday and prices were great....

btw, what will happen to Lingfeng, Ding Yun, and the Twins... He had also officially agreed to to take Ding Yun as his wife, so will he be marrying BOTH Lele and Ding Yun?

I guess Yixian, Youxue and Lie Qing will "temporarily" abandon Yi Ping for Lele's "Golden Scroll"... Will Yi Ping start remembering his previous life and secrets, thus attaining & perhaps surpassing the divinity of Yixian, Youxue, Lie Qing and Lele in short order. After all he is not at all as ruthless or as conniving as any of the other maidens and has virtually killed no one. His kindness should allow him to skip a few "stages" to become a Celestial being...

I guess Youxue will NOT takeover the Eternal Ice Palace after all, and just like her father, wants to survive the Divine Calamity & ascend to become an immortal, perhaps...

Btw, will you be introducing any more new maidens... Perhaps there should be a "face" behind the Divine Calamity/Wrath... Someone, such as a beautiful maiden which Yi Ping knows from a previous life, his wife/girlfriend/betrothed from his previous life perhaps... whose job is to slay the "unworthy"

When will Yixian and/or the twins confess concerning the "moment of folly"? Most of Yi Ping's friends still thinks he had bullied and hurt the twins.

When will Yi Ping get his secret manuals back...?

Is The Celestial Palace's people going to arrive soon to save their emissary?

How does he carry two precious swords on his body at the same time? Has he mastered ambidexterity, able to use both hands, just like Lele?

Will we be seeing a few villains get their just deserved punishments, soon?

Can't wait to find out.... and see the marriage(s) & the battle between the Virtuous Palace/Honor Mansion and Yi Ping w/ his maidens..
    Last edited by szfong; 12-02-13 at 01:25 AM.

never expected such a quick update. thank you.

I've been quite busy lately with family, etc... and also need to upgrade some of my old computer hardware & software... especially since it was black-Friday and prices were great....

btw, what will happen to Lingfeng, Ding Yun, and the Twins... He had also officially agreed to to take Ding Yun as his wife, so will he be marrying BOTH Lele and Ding Yun?

I guess Yixian, Youxue and Lie Qing will "temporarily" abandon Yi Ping for Lele's "Golden Scroll"... Will Yi Ping start remembering his previous life and secrets, thus attaining & perhaps surpassing the divinity of Yixian, Youxue, Lie Qing and Lele in short order. After all he is not at all as ruthless or as conniving as any of the other maidens and has virtually killed no one. His kindness should allow him to skip a few "stages" to become a Celestial being...

I guess Youxue will NOT takeover the Eternal Ice Palace after all, and just like her father, wants to survive the Divine Calamity & ascend to become an immortal, perhaps...

Btw, will you be introducing any more new maidens... Perhaps there should be a "face" behind the Divine Calamity/Wrath... Someone, such as a beautiful maiden which Yi Ping knows from a previous life, his wife/girlfriend/betrothed from his previous life perhaps... whose job is to slay the "unworthy"

When will Yixian and/or the twins confess concerning the "moment of folly"? Most of Yi Ping's friends still thinks he had bullied and hurt the twins.

When will Yi Ping get his secret manuals back...?

Is The Celestial Palace's people going to arrive soon to save their emissary?

How does he carry two precious swords on his body at the same time? Has he mastered ambidexterity, able to use both hands, just like Lele?

Can't wait to find out.... and see the marriage(s) & the battle between the Virtuous Palace/Honor Mansion and Yi Ping w/ his maidens..
    Sorry for replying late. Was alittle busy~ So a little leak.

Don't know about adding more maidens xD I interested to explore Yu'Er and Mei'Er stories xD They are very cool maidens as well, but they have very little scenes. I do add 1 more protege sister of the Eternal Ice Palace but she plays a minor role or rather, I havent got to continue writing yet.

Something bad may happen to Lele soon, if you remember Chapter 34
    When Yi Ping regained his consciousness with a throbbing headache, he could sniff the sweet fragrance scent of Lele who was lying beside him. She was naked and was saying shyly to him, “You have awakened? From now on, we are a couple. You must love me wholeheartedly or I will be surely heartbroken. We can flee from the Celestial Palace…”
    I guess Yixian, Youxue and Lie Qing will "temporarily" abandon Yi Ping for Lele's "Golden Scroll"... Will Yi Ping start remembering his previous life and secrets, thus attaining & perhaps surpassing the divinity of Yixian, Youxue, Lie Qing and Lele in short order.
    Next Chapter you will know~

Also in the next chapter~

Yes, very expertly too and surprising talented pretty soon xD

They may be too wily to get their just deserved punishments. Xiao Da prolly won't wait for three days and will do something funny.

If given a choice, she won't try to become a Celestial Being because there is a heavy price to be paid for. And she pretty sure she wants to be with Yi Ping xD

Getting darker and darker~

I assume Lele is at Transverse level of divinity or higher? It looks like levels of divinity doesn't translate directly to fighting power. Has it already been stated what the different levels of divinity are good for?

Thanks for continuing the story!
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    I assume Lele is at Transverse level of divinity or higher? It looks like levels of divinity doesn't translate directly to fighting power. Has it already been stated what the different levels of divinity are good for?

Thanks for continuing the story!
    Thanks!

Yes, Lele is at the Transverse state of divinity. She is at the beginning stage though. Each state of divinity is divided into lower tier, middle tier and a upper tier. At Transverse, she got enhanced speed.

She would not unlocked this potential until she has met a worthy foe that could cause her to unlock it. But after fighting with a terrifying speed opponent like the Celestial Fairy and Youxue had actually enhanced her speed into the middle tier of the Transverse. Chapter 43 subtly hinted at her astonishing movement. Chapter 42 hinted at her astonishing evading skill when she was forced to fight three super exponents. All these were picked up at the last minute.

The levels of divinity may not be translate directly into fighting strength but it unlocks the potential within. Lele's Celestial Force will actually improves when her state of divinity increases, thus improving her internal strength as well.

As for Lele, she had a shortcut when she was very young, propelling her to a Celestial. However, her martial power when compared to Lie Qing and Yixian may be lacking because they were actually practicing exponents and much more experienced, while Lele was sleeping most of the time.

Because her divine state was actually higher, this in fact does translate into her flexibility in a actual fight. It is because she has unlocked her potential. So it is a dedicated balance between cultivation and martial power. Too fast, too much advancement will actually cause the practitioner to be struck on the same level for decades, as in the case of the Celestial Fairy.

The divinity stage isn't explained but it will be later.

But here are some additional information.

1)觉 - 玄照期,有玄照初期、玄照中期、玄照后期
    2)悟 - 开光期
    3)感 - 心动期
    4)灵 - 出窍期
    5)神 - 分神期
    6)劫 - 渡劫期
    7)升 - 大乘期,天人合一

The Seven State of Divinity. The divinity state of each staging is actually a crisis that has to be overcome before advancement to the next state of divinity.
    1)Genesis - The awakening state.
    2) Enlighten - The awakened state
    3) Emotion - The emotional state. Enhance existing Heart Intricacy.
    4) Transverse - The reflex state. Enhance existing speed.
    5) Seventh Sense - The visualization state. Enhance all senses and unlock the divine sense.
    6) Crisis - The calamity state. Unlock all potentials.
    7) Ascend - The celestial state. Unison of the Heaven and Self.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    Thanks!

Yes, Lele is at the Transverse state of divinity. She is at the beginning stage though. Each state of divinity is divided into lower tier, middle tier and a upper tier. At Transverse, she got enhanced speed.

She would not unlocked this potential until she has met a worthy foe that could cause her to unlock it. But after fighting with a terrifying speed opponent like the Celestial Fairy and Youxue had actually enhanced her speed into the middle tier of the Transverse. Chapter 43 subtly hinted at her astonishing movement. Chapter 42 hinted at her astonishing evading skill when she was forced to fight three super exponents. All these were picked up at the last minute.

The levels of divinity may not be translate directly into fighting strength but it unlocks the potential within. Lele's Celestial Force will actually improves when her state of divinity increases, thus improving her internal strength as well.

As for Lele, she had a shortcut when she was very young, propelling her to a Celestial. However, her martial power when compared to Lie Qing and Yixian may be lacking because they were actually practicing exponents and much more experienced, while Lele was sleeping most of the time.

Because her divine state was actually higher, this in fact does translate into her flexibility in a actual fight. It is because she has unlocked her potential. So it is a dedicated balance between cultivation and martial power. Too fast, too much advancement will actually cause the practitioner to be struck on the same level for decades, as in the case of the Celestial Fairy.

The divinity stage isn't explained but it will be later.

But here are some additional information.

1)觉 - 玄照期,有玄照初期、玄照中期、玄照后期
    2)悟 - 开光期
    3)感 - 心动期
    4)灵 - 出窍期
    5)神 - 分神期
    6)劫 - 渡劫期
    7)升 - 大乘期,天人合一

The Seven State of Divinity. The divinity state of each staging is actually a crisis that has to be overcome before advancement to the next state of divinity.
    1)Genesis - The awakening state.
    2) Enlighten - The awakened state
    3) Emotion - The emotional state. Enhance existing Heart Intricacy.
    4) Transverse - The reflex state. Enhance existing speed.
    5) Seventh Sense - The visualization state. Enhance all senses and unlock the divine sense.
    6) Crisis - The calamity state. Unlock all potentials.
    7) Ascend - The celestial state. Unison of the Heaven and Self.

As good as an update.

Chapter 43: The Emptiness Translucence

The Joyful Goddess was busy preparing her wedding throughout the day. She was virtually everywhere except near Yi Ping because it was considered inauspicious for the bride and the groom to meet before their wedding.

She was jovial regardless if the rest were really sincerely in wishing her the best of wishes.

She had almost driven Lingfeng, Yu’Er, Mei’Er, Lie Qing, Ding Yun, Youxue and even the Celestial Fairy to the point of insanity with her incessant chats.

“Am I beautiful? Is there anything to touch up? I wonder how Yi Ping will feel or think?”

She would ask the same questions to everyone on the same day as though she was intimate with everyone.

Everyone was all thinking if she really knew that they were all envy, upset, scolding or irritated by her?

Obviously the Joyful Goddess did not think the same for her state of divinity was too high.

But for the protégés of the Tranquil Clan and Traverse Clan, it was different. She was a welcoming sight when she had popped up. Her enchanting beautiful presence awed everyone.

She had really sharp ears.

When two protégés of the Tranquil Clan was discussing about the wedding preparation and how lucky Yi Ping was, she had appeared and asked. “Really? Do you think we will be blissful together?”

Even Priest Bai Chongzhen, Priest Ling Kongquan, Priest Liu Qingcheng, Nangong Le, Gongsun Jing, Qiu Wufeng were not spared from her.

She was really treating the Tranquil Clan as her home!

Yixian quietly asked herself and shared with Youxue, “Did we make a mistake?”

Youxue sighed, “I can’t even remember if we approve of her wedding and now…”

Technically, Yixian, Youxue and Lie Qing did not say no as they were too engross with the contents of the golden scroll to think clearly. They actually had more questions for her regarding the different methods of cultivation than disagreeing with her.

So before they could even disagree or disapprove, the Joyful Goddess had subtly made all the decisions!

Even Lie Qing was cursing quietly, “And to think we are sisters in the past?! I can’t even stand her now…”

Somehow, all the maidens felt that they had just sold Yi Ping away to the Joyful Goddess.

Ding Yun had really no disagreements because she already knew that Lele had already decided that Yi Ping was to be her husband. That included her…

Lingfeng was feeling extremely down. She had wished she was the bride instead…

Yu’Er and Mei’Er were both teary. Their husband-to-be was going to be married and they were not the brides…

Youxue was dejected. It was because she was the first one among all the maidens that had noticed Yi Ping but somehow it seemed that she was always destined not to be with him…

Yixian simply could not believe that the Joyful Goddess would actually be married right under her very nose. It was simply too unbelievable!

Finally, all the maidens had reached a startling conclusion on their very own; they had all fallen into a well-planned but ridiculous scheme that had been elaborately created by the Joyful Goddess!

Lingfeng was the first to have realized that, the more she had thought of that. The more that she had thought of that, the more convinced she was that they were all slowly pushed in the direction that the Joyful Goddess had wanted.

She could not explain it because it was too surreal!

“She really knows divination?”

Lingfeng had already decided that she was going to disrupt the wedding at all costs. It was because she simply could not give up on Yi Ping without a single fight. It did not matter if she lost to the Joyful Goddess. If Yi Ping falls into her hands, then Yi Ping would surely be lost to her forever.

Lie Qing was the second to realize that as she explained suddenly, “She actually has the audacity to woven high level suggestions with the Bewitching Soul Seizing Skill. She was astonished at her state of divinity and courage…

She sigh weakly, “She's not stupid at all. We are the real fools…even though she can’t defeat her with her martial skills; she has defeated us with her state of divinity and unsuspecting courage…”

Yi Ping was the most bewildered.

He was getting married tomorrow and he did not even have a choice.

He wanted to go up and approached Yixian, Youxue, Ding Yun and even Lingfeng but he was so afflicted with guilt that he found himself unable to do so.

In the end, he did not get to say a single word to them.

He really had so much to say to Yixian but she seemed to deliberately avoid him.

“Yixian, you have changed or I have changed? You cannot remember me anymore? I have become more rugged while you have become more heavenly. Are we destined to be apart? I don’t want to…”

His heart was clearly broken. But he was aware that he could not fault Yixian. It was because he was the one that had promise to take Lele and Ding Yun as his wife…

And there was Youxue.

He muttered, “Youxue…Lingfeng…Yun...”

Just as he had hung up the Divine Echo and the White Emerald Phoenix Sword on the wall in his room, there was a knock outside.

Startled, he opened the door and was surprised to see Priest Liu Qingcheng standing nervously outside.

Yi Ping quickly said, “Priest Liu! What is the matter? It is getting late.”

Priest Liu Qingcheng quickly went into the door and closed the door even before Yi Ping could stop him.

Yi Ping asked, “Priest Liu? Yes?”

Priest Liu Qingcheng stammered, “Hero Yi Ping…”

Yi Ping said, “You look troubled. Is there anything I can help? Is it because Lele is causing too much inconveniences and troubles? This wedding thing is too ridiculous, even I am not too happy with it…”

Priest Liu Qingcheng grabbed his hands and said, “Can you decipher this silver scroll?”

He took out a silver scroll and unraveled it in front of Yi Ping.

Yi Ping was really puzzled, asking. “What it is?”

He smiled bitterly in his heart because his level of literacy was really low. He was quite ashamed of that and had been teased a couple of times by Lele and Lingfeng.

The silver scroll was written in a language that was totally out of the world. Yi Ping could recognize that it seemed to be written in the same form as the golden scroll.

Yi Ping said, “Priest Liu, if you want to find someone that can read this scroll why don’t you ask the Joyful Goddess? She may be able to help you. I definitely can’t.”

Priest Liu Qingcheng said, “Don’t! Do you know how valuable this silver scroll is?”

Yi Ping shook his head.

Priest Liu Qingcheng said, “This is an intricacy formula that is even more profound than the Dual Inertia Intricacy Formula. It is called the Emptiness Translucence.”

Yi Ping was in a sudden daze as his fingers left the silver scroll, “The Emptiness Translucence…” Why was the name of this scroll resounded with such familiarity in his mind?

Priest Liu Qingcheng continued, “Even though we can read its contents but no one understands anything of it.”

He sighed softly and began to sit down, “Do you know when the Grand Hall of Longevity was constructed?”

Yi Ping was alarmed as he thought, “Lele, Lie Qing, Youxue and Yixian have destroyed the Grand Hall of Longevity earlier. Is he asking me to pay for the damages? I am too poor to pay…”

He smiled bitterly and shook his head, “I really do not know. But it must be centuries.”

Priest Liu Qingcheng nodded and added, “Nearly two thousands year old!”

Yi Ping almost fainted on the spot. He could only say, “I am willing to take responsibility for the damages even if takes me a lifetime to do so.”

Priest Liu Qingcheng said, “No need. In fact, I am here to give you this scroll.”

Yi Ping was stunned, “You are giving me your clan most precious intricacy formula to me?”

Even though Yi Ping was low in literacy and inexperienced with most rules of the martial fraternity but everyone knew that each clan guarded their martial secrets closely. It was so forbidden that anyone suspected of leaking it or stealing it would be hunted down.

Priest Liu Qingcheng nodded solemnly, “Do you think I am joking with you?”

Yi Ping asked, “But why?”

Priest Liu Qingcheng said, “It is associated with the founding of the Grand Hall of Longevity and the founding of the Tranquil Clan. When the Grand Hall of Longevity was built, our past protégé leader got the Emptiness Translucence Intricacy Formula from an eminent person. We have no records of his name but we refer to him as the White Sage of Emptiness.”

He paused for a while before adding, “The White Sage of Emptiness left a copy of his Emptiness Translucence with us. He informed us that in the future, the Tranquil Clan will have an avoidable crisis and a stranger that is not from the Tranquil Clan will appear to aid us. A fight will then break out in the Grand Hall of the Longevity and the stranger that comes to aid us will lose all his internal strength in an act of heroism. Then he is the one that we must pass the Emptiness Translucence to him.”

All of a sudden, he looked a little regretful. “Our past protégé leader and elders asked for a further sign so that the precious Emptiness Translucence will not fall into the wrong hands. The White Sage of Emptiness replied that the day the stranger stepped into the Grand Hall of Longevity it will also be the day the Grand Hall of Longevity will be destroyed.”

Yi Ping smiled bitterly, “It is based on just a legend. Unfortunately, I can’t even read a single word in this silver scroll. No one is able to predict the future.”

Just when he was about to reject the silver scroll, Priest Liu Qingcheng recited. “The Boundless Translucence, the Divine Ascendant of the Five Conducts, Spirit, Void…”

Yi Ping muttered, “The Five Conducts of the Divine Ascendants…the Spirit, the Void, the Enigma, the Absolute and the Great Ultimate. The Emptiness of the Spirit, the Emptiness of the Void, the Emptiness of the Enigma, the Emptiness of the Absolute and the Emptiness of the Great Ultimate…”

Priest Liu Qingcheng was stunned. It was because Yi Ping had phrased it in a more concise manner than he had. He quickly asked, “You have seen this before?”

Yi Ping was now looking at the silver scroll quietly. There was a weird sparkle in his eyes as he muttered, “No…but when you start reciting it and when I see this silver scroll, I can visualize the contents…”

He was not bluffing of course. In that single instant, he had fully understood the Emptiness Translucence!

Priest Liu Qingcheng asked excitedly, “You really understand the intricacy formula of the Emptiness Translucence? Is it a supreme martial skill or a supreme heart intricate formula? We been studying it for a long time but none of us really understands it…”

Yi Ping said quietly, “The Emptiness Translucence is not just a martial intricacy formula. It is also a divine state of translucent…”

He could not explain how he knew.

Unknown to even Yi Ping himself, he was already at the Emptiness Translucence of the Enigma and had long attained the Emptiness Translucence of the Void. The Emptiness Translucence of the Enigma which meant worldly attachments was a stumbling block for him.

The purpose of this silver scroll was just to remind him to complete the Emptiness Translucence.

Yi Ping said, “Priest Liu, thank you. You can take back the silver scroll now.”

Priest Liu Qingcheng was startled, “You do not need it?”

Yi Ping said quietly, “All this while, the Emptiness Translucence is in my heart. I can’t explain it…”

Priest Liu Qingcheng was somehow glad that he could keep the silver scroll so he said, “You don’t have to thanks me. You didn’t take anything from me.”

Yi Ping said solemnly, “Somehow I feel light hearted all of a sudden. I have a heavy heart for a long time. It is like I have reached enlightenment after you have revealed to me the Emptiness Translucence. Priest Liu, can you do me a favor?”

Priest Liu Qingcheng asked, “What it is? If I can help, I will surely do it for you.”

Yi Ping sighed softly, “Help me to cancel the wedding.”

Priest Liu Qingcheng was startled and he sighed heavily, “I afraid I can’t. The wedding plans have already been in preparation. How am I going to account to the Joyful Goddess? This is really putting me into a tight spot…alas…”

Yi Ping comforted him, “I will speak to the Joyful Goddess myself. As for the Grand Hall of Longevity, the damages…”

Priest Liu Qingcheng laughed, “Don’t you worry about it, young hero. I just recruit a rich protégé by the name of Nangong Le. I’m sure he will be willing to donate and build a new and grander hall of Longevity.”

Yi Ping nodded gratefully.

Priest Liu Qingcheng asked, “I hope young hero that you do not mind me for asking this. Can you enlighten me on the Emptiness Translucence?”

Yi Ping sighed, “The Emptiness Translucence seems to be an intricate heart formula. I can’t really explain this but the silver scroll does not contain any intricate formula. That is why no one is able to decipher its mysteries. It seems to be a wordless scroll. Somehow I feel intimate to it. I really wish I can know more.”

Priest Liu Qingcheng was startled, “This is the first time that you have heard of the Emptiness Translucent and yet you can recite it…and how does young hero guess that the Emptiness Translucence is an intricate heart formula?”

Yi Ping smiled bitterly, “I really do not…know. But after hearing you reciting it, my heart becomes light and I can feel a bursting renewal in my strength. If it is not a heart intricacy formula, what else can it be?”

Priest Liu Qingcheng was staring blankly and examining him with the Dual Inertia Heart Intricacy. Indeed, Yi Ping mood was heavy when he first entered the room but now his mood was light, unreadable and the air of righteousness around him seemed to have intensified further!

There was a warning about the Seven Heavenly Fairies and that the destined one must avoid them at all costs towards the end of the silver scroll. If the destined one was able to avoid them, then nothing could hinder his enlightenment. Priest Liu Qingcheng was about to mention it when there was a knock on the door.

Yi Ping and Liu Qingcheng were startled that someone else would be knocking late into the night.

Yi Ping quickly opened the door and was startled to see Mei’Er who was carrying a flask in her hands.

Mei’Er was equally startled when she saw her protégé master, Priest Liu Qingcheng. “Why are you here, protégé master?”

Liu Qingcheng smiled bitterly, “I should be the one asking you that. Never mind. I got to go now.”

He quickly rolled up the silver scroll and left the room.

Yi Ping asked, “Mei’Er, is something the matter?”

Mei’Er laughed softly, “Master…Nothing really. I know that you can’t sleep tonight. That is why I am here.”

Yi Ping smiled, “Why do you say that, Mei’Er?”

Mei’Er sighed softly, “Maybe you are too excited to sleep because tomorrow is your wedding day. But I do know that the reason you can’t sleep is because…”

She purposely paused for a while before continuing, “You are troubled by matters of the heart. Our protégé mistress is here yet you can’t talk to her. You didn’t even bother trying to talk to us. Do you know how sad Sister Yu and I are? We have always regarded you as our husband-to-be.”

Yi Ping sighed, “I know…I let you all down. It is my entire fault. I…I will do the right thing by canceling the wedding tomorrow.”

Mei’Er sighed melancholy, “So you thinks that by doing so, you can settle and forget everything?”

She began to whisper a sorrowful tune…

Yi Ping was greatly troubled by her sorrowful tune as he reluctantly interrupted, “I don’t think so at all in fact…”

Mei’Er said sadly, “That is why I am here to bring you this flask of wine. If you can’t think of the right way to resolve it, why think about it? Why don’t you drown yourself in sorrows?”

Yi Ping was grateful to Mei’Er, “It is something that I need tonight…will you drinks with me tonight?”

Mei’Er smiled quietly, “The last time I drink with you…I…”

She was flushing shyly now.

Even Yi Ping was too embarrassed to look at her.

Mei’Er was dressed in a translucent black silk and he could see through her porcelain white figure clearly. When he looked at her small rosy lips and expressive eyes, he recalled the night that he had awakened from his drunkenness only to find Mei’Er and Yu’Er naked besides him…

All of a sudden Mei’Er kissed him lightly on his lips sending an electrifying sensational into him that caused the lingering Emptiness Translucent to vanish from his heart.

Before he really knew what he was doing, he was holding her and kissing her passionately in return.

But Mei’Er quickly pushed him away and said, “Not tonight…erm…I have something else important to do tonight. Remember… to drink the wine. I got to go now. Bye!”

She seemed to be in a hurry and she was gone in the next instant!

Mei’Er had shyly exited the room. She was thinking, “He does like me after all. I can sense it. I got to run because this concerns our future.”

But as soon as she stepped out of the room, she began to deeply regret her decision as she regained her composure. “We…alas! Yi Ping, he…he…did he just kiss me too? He was holding me. Why did I push him away? I just given up an excellent opportunity…I got so caught up with my mission…”

She began to lament regretfully but it was too late and she was too shy to return to the room. “Maybe staying in the room with Yi Ping is the better future…”

Yi Ping was still charmed by her as he shook his head, “Mei’Er…”

He smiled bitterly, “In the end, you are nothing but a lecher. You must have frightened her away so terribly. How can I be thinking of Mei’Er when I should be thinking of Yixian, Youxue, Yun and Lingfeng…”

At the thought of Mei’Er, he was also thinking of Yu’Er and Lie Qing.

At the thought of Lie Qing, he began to think of Lele…

These eight maidens, who had all gone through many adventures and critical situations with him in such a short time, he had affections for all of them.

The truth was that, he had only wanted to be with Yixian. But when Yixian had ‘passed away’, he was deeply grieved and he was determined to avenge her death against the yellow dressed maiden.

“Yixian…”

But in a moment of folly, he got drunk and had violated the twin sister, Beautiful Sword Mei’Er and Jade Sword Yu’Er. He knew that he did something unforgivable and decided to flee the Eternal Ice Palace to look for his wife’s killer first before he surrendered himself to the twin sisters.

“Yu’Er, Mei’Er…”

But along the way, he met Ji Lingfeng, the Holy Maiden of the Holy Hex Sect which was one of the three most powerful unorthodox sects in the martial fraternity…

“Lingfeng…”

Just as Yi Ping was about to drink from the flask directly, he had frozen with a startling thought!

It was because all of a sudden he had recall that on the very night that he was drunk and had slept with the twin sister, Mei’Er had told him the exact words. “Remember…to drink the wine!”

He took a sniff at the flask and immediately he felt sleepy.

Quickly he exercised the Absolute Spirits Heart Intricacy. Immediately after he had expelled the aromatic fumes from his body, he was instantly refreshed.

Yi Ping had turned ashen as he muttered, “This wine has been tampered with. Mei’Er, why are you doing this?”

He was hurt and felt betrayed because he had trusted Mei’Er.

He immediately recalled that night in the Eternal Ice Palace, “The wine that I had drink back then was also tampered with?”

Yi Ping quietly got up and exited the room…

He arrived in a nick of time to see Yu’Er and Mei’Er whispering secretly to each other as they left their room together.

Yi Ping was startled as he asked himself, “What are they up to in the middle of the night?”

Yu’Er and Mei’Er were walking swiftly and quietly. With their level of swiftness movement accomplishments, an ordinary exponent may not be able to catch up with them!

If Yi Ping had lost his internal strength, then he too, would not be able to catch up with them because he could not maintain his pace due to lack of intricate energy circulation.

But after awakened the Emptiness Translucence that was in his heart, his internal strength was revived and his intricate energy could flow once again.

What was astonishing even to him was that his body seemed to be lighter and he could leap twice as far. He was amazed by his new sense of balance and how long he could hold his vital breath through the Divine Revelation!

Yi Ping had no time to ponder over it as he was trying very hard to tail Yu’Er and Mei’Er without being discovered.

Yu’Er paused and looked around her, whispering to Mei’Er. “I got a weird feeling that we are being followed. Are you sure Master Yi Ping is not following you?”

Mei’Er giggled softly, “Sister, you are just being overtly nervous. In this entire fraternity, there are few exponents that can tail us without being discovered by us. Moreover, the Eternal Ice Palace is renowned for the Emotionless Rhyme. If there is anyone in our range of detection, we will surely know. Even if there is someone who can hold their breath, they still have to breathe out when they are moving as rapidly as us. Our Master Yi Ping is still far from that!”

Yi Ping had overheard their talks as his hearing was exceptional sharp. He could only smile bitterly as he thought, “Mei’Er, do you know that I am just behind you?”

Yu’Er laughed softly, “That’s true. Our Master is as clumsy as a fat pig. He can’t even move properly. I keep forgetting that he was not trained in any swiftness skill and that he has lost all his internal strength. Silly me! If Master Yi Ping is really following you, then I am a real pig!”

Yi Ping rubbed his nose as he sighed silently, “So I am a clumsy pig in everyone’s eyes…”

Mei’Er laughed softly, “He is a cute pig. How I wish I can hug him to bed every night.”

Yu’Er teased her softly, “Shame on you! You are thinking of a man every night!”

Mei’Er pretended to be upset, “As if I am the only one…I heard you calling Master Yi Ping in your dreams!”

Yu’Er protested softly, “That…that’s not true. You’re lying!”

Mei’Er teased her back, “Shame! Shame on you!”

Their musical voices were so enchanting, so soul stealing that Yi Ping could now hear his heart beating rapidly!

Yi Ping who was eavesdropping, began to fluster as he thought. “I shouldn’t have followed them and listen to their private conversations…”

All of a sudden, Yu’Er and Mei’Er stopped their conversations as they increased their pace and disappeared behind a canopy of thick undergrowth.

There seemed to be voices behind the thick undergrowth and Yi Ping had in fact recognized quite a number of them!

Yi Ping jumped up a tree and was startled to see Yixian, Lele, Lie Qing, Ding Yun, Mei’Er, Yu’Er, Lingfeng and Youxue!

What were they up to in the middle of the night?

Lele said pitifully, “Seven against one? Even you, Sister Yun?”

Ding Yun said awkwardly, “I really didn’t know what it is all about…Sister Lie Qing takes me here…”

Lie Qing said coldly, “We don’t want your golden scroll and you are not to marry Yi Ping tomorrow.”

Lele stroked her long hair as she hummed coldly, “You have read my scroll for the entire day and now you are retracting from your promise. Isn’t that despicable? You are not afraid of being mocked by the heroes of the fraternity? Is there such a thing in this world?”

Lingfeng interrupted, “They have but I did not. You are not going to marry Yi Ping tomorrow!”

Lele asked, “Why? You like him?”

Lingfeng kept quiet immediately.

Lele said coolly, “If you like him, why don’t you tell him straight? If you don’t want to tell him you like him, then he is mine.”

Lingfeng hummed coldly, “Hmph, you are forcing yourself on him. Do you know that his father has already betrothed us?”

Even the Celestial Fairy was startled as everyone asked at the same time, “He has a father?”

Lingfeng said coldly, “All of you don’t even know he has a father. Let me tell you. His father is none other than Yi Tianxing, one of the greatest heroes in the martial fraternity twenty years ago. So stop pretending to be close to him when you all are not.”

Yixian said gently, “Yi Ping and I are already married. I am his first wife. Whether he is going to marry or not, is no longer for anyone to decide. Tomorrow he will marry Yu’Er, Mei’Er and Youxue.”

Lele said coldly, “Really? You have read the contents of my golden scroll and now you are trying to take my man?”

Yixian replied gently, “He is not your man. Moreover, you give your scroll willingly to us and we did not promise you anything.”

Lele was alarmed as she said, “When did I give my golden scroll to you? I only lend you for three days!”

Yixian said, “It is in my hands now, isn’t it? If you did not give it to me, why is it in my hands?”

Lele was stunned. The Celestial Fairy was even shrewder than she had thought!

She quickly said, “The protégé mistress of the Eternal Ice Palace will actually steal someone else’s martial scroll. This is something new.”

Yixian replied unhurriedly, “The Prime Celestial of the Celestial Palace will actually steal someone else’s husband. This is something new too.”

Lele smiled softly as she looked at Lie Qing and Ding Yun, “It does seem that a fight is inevitable. Sister Qing, why don’t we join hands together against the Celestial Fairy?”

Lie Qing said coldly, “Why should I join you? I am just too happy to see you getting your just desserts.”

Lele said, “Because we are sisters! You know you cannot fight her on your own. If we join hands together, then there is nothing the Celestial Fairy can do to us. And…”

She paused for a while as she blinked at Ding Yun, “Tomorrow, Sister Yun and you can also get marry by my side for we are sisters.”

Ding Yun smiled awkwardly as she stole a glance at Youxue who was also looking melancholy at her. They had not expected the both of them to fall in love with the same man.

Lie Qing was almost moved but she was not as shameless as Lele as to force Yi Ping to marry her. It was because love must be mutually or else it would only bring unhappiness. So she replied coldly, “Forget it. This is between the Celestial Fairy and you.”

Lie Qing took a look at Youxue and smiled, “I am closer to Sister Youxue than you.”

Youxue nodded and said softly, “Thank you!” It was because her life was saved by Lie Qing who gave up her precious internal strength for her!

Lele said quickly to Lingfeng, “You are the Holy Maiden. I have helped you before. You…you must help me!”

Lingfeng smiled coldly, “Help me? I ask you to help Yi Ping and you end up stealing him from me. Even if I want to help you, do you think I’ll be able to fight the Celestial Fairy? Forget it.”

Lele said, “Yun, you will fight besides me?”

Ding Yun nodded quietly but she quickly added, “Sister, I think there are many things that you have to consider first.”

Lele was puzzled, “What is there to consider about?”

Ding Yun said, “You have to consider Yi Ping’s feelings first.”

Lele smiled alluring, “Of course I did.”

Ding Yun said, “As must everyone. The Celestial Fairy is Yi Ping’s wife. When he had heard that she was killed by Youxue, he was deeply grieved for he had never forgotten her.”

Immediately, Youxue and Yixian lowered their glances.

Ding Yun said, “Isn’t it obvious that Yi Ping has a place for them in his heart?”

Lele was upset as she asked, “What about me then?”

Ding Yun broke into a smile, “Of course, he has you in his heart too. If anyone of you is hurt, do you think Yi Ping will be happy? How do you expect Yi Ping to cope?”

Lele said, “Sister Yun, what do you suggest then?”

Ding Yun said calmly, “There are eight of us here. The reason they are confronting you is because each of them has a place for Yi Ping in their hearts too.”

None of the maidens protested or said anything. They were all listening attentively.

When Yi Ping had heard it, he sighed. “I don’t deserve their affections. It is nothing but trouble. I should sneak away quietly…”

Ding Yun said, “Didn’t you say that Sister Lie Qing and the Celestial Fairy is your predestined sisters? Why are you fighting with them in the first place?”

Lele was startled, “That’s right. Why am I fighting them? No…they are the ones that try to fight me…”

Ding Yun interrupted, “Now is not the time to find fault but a time to find a possible solution.”

Lingfeng smiled bitterly, “There are so many of us. Surely we cannot split Yi Ping into eight pieces, am I right?”

Lie Qing said coldly, “That happens to be a good idea. Let’s split Yi Ping into eight pieces then we don’t have to fight anymore. It is not like he is the only man in the world.”

Yi Ping shivered at the thought.

Yixian, Youxue, Lingfeng, Yu’Er, Mei’Er and Lele all said panicky at the same time, “Don’t! If you do that, don’t blame me for…”

All of the sudden, all the maidens fell silence again.

Lie Qing smiled coldly as she stroked her long hair, “What better solution is there?”

Ding Yun said, “If we cannot split him, why don’t we share him? Since ancient times, it is common for a worthy man to have multiply wives. Yi Ping will surely treat us equally and with fairness.”

Yi Ping nearly fell down from the tree when he had heard that.

Lele laughed softly, “Sister Yun…you are so brilliant. Why didn’t I think of that?”

Everyone was silently scolding the Joyful Goddess, “Because you are too self-center to think of that…”

Ding Yun looked at everyone, “Anyone has an objection?”

All the maidens were looking shyly at one another. No one raised an objection or protested.

Ding Yun laughed softly, “I assume that everyone is in agreement then. Then the wedding tomorrow will be for all of us.”

Yu’Er and Mei’Er were too happy to say anything. They could only nod eagerly.

Lingfeng was gasping her face with her hands as she muttered, “I am getting married tomorrow? I have not prepared yet…”

Youxue walked quietly towards Ding Yun and Lie Qing, holding their hands…

All of a sudden, Lele asked. “Wait a minute! There must be an order. I want to be the first wife…”

Yixian interrupted coldly, “No!”

Lele protested, “I am the…”

She did not get to finish it because she had suddenly noticed the cold burning gaze of the seven other maidens. She muttered, “Whatever…”

She smiled again and said, “But…”

“No!”

Before she could finish, there was resounding objections again!

She was startled and thought, “They can all read my thoughts?”

All of a sudden, Yixian and Lie Qing were looking at Yi Ping’s direction!

Yi Ping was startled as he thought awkwardly, “I have been detected?”

But before he could react, there was a laughter coming from the undergrowth!

It was Xiao Da!

Xiao Da laughed aloud, “I didn’t expect to be detected as soon as I got near. So many beautiful maidens in the same place. It must be my lucky day. Ding Yun, you are also here. Youxue? Is that you Youxue?”

But as soon as he had caught sight of Youxue, he began to lust after his half-sister.

Ding Yun began to tremble when she had seen him.

Youxue quickly said, “Be very careful. In the martial fraternity, he is a super exponent!”

Xiao Da did not wait for the three days to be up before he decided to sneak into the Tranquil Clan in search of pleasure and prey. It was because after he had caught sight of Lingfeng, Lie Qing, Mei’Er, Yu’Er, the Joyful Goddess and Ding Yun, he could not stop thinking about them.

Xiao Da was looking intently at Yixian as he thought, “Who is she? I have never seen such a graceful heavenly maiden in my life before.” He had thought that Lie Qing, the Joyful Goddess and Lingfeng were already the most beautiful maidens in the entire fraternity…

He began to laugh, “Why don’t all of you just be my women instead? I promise that I won’t disappoint you.”

All of a sudden, he was in their midst!

His speed was startling!

He had raised his hands and with a single stroke, had broken through Yu’Er and Mei’Er defenses. He tore away their clothes and knocking them unconscious at the same time.

Before Lingfeng could react, Xiao Da had displayed his Unbreakable Hands, knocking her out and brutally tearing her clothing from her!

In just a few mere moments, he had completely disabled three maidens and had stripped them!

Ding Yun and Youxue quickly move in to intercept him but had barely exchanged a few strokes with him before they were forced back by his sheer martial strength, losing their sleeves in the process!

Xiao Da was like a behemoth beast that was unstoppable!

Besides being skillful with profound martial abilities, Xiao Da was also born with a divine strength. In close melee, few exponents could match his raw strength. Coupled with the Divine Virtuous Force, Xiao Da was virtually unstoppable!

Yi Ping was bursting with rage and was about to jump down from the tree to fight Xiao Da when he saw Xiao Da had suddenly fell onto the ground as soon as he had made contact with Lie Qing, Yixian and Lele!

Xiao Da had dashed towards Yixian for she was his primary target!

Yixian began to shiver in secret. It was because she had never met such a brutal and despicable super exponent before. She immediately raised her Divine Emerald Skill to the ninth level and readied her Jade Icy Finger to her fullness as soon as Xiao Da approached her!

Before Xiao Da could grab her, he was repelled by a startling force that was similar to the Divine Emerald Skill. When he had felt a stabbing pain on his chest, he immediately knew he was wrong about this seemingly vulnerable maiden!

Xiao Da could not believe that Yixian, a gentle maiden by all appearances would penetrate through his Divine Virtuous Force with her mere fingers.

With his Divine Virtuous Force and his divine strength, he rarely had to defend himself against any attacks and was fully focus on attack. He had allowed Yixian to hit him because he had looked down on her.

But before he could react in time, Lie Qing had struck him with a sudden bursting martial force on his chest in his moment of carelessness.

But still, it was not enough to bring Xiao Da down and he was now burning with rage but before he could get serious, Lele had flew to his back and gave him an unforgettable powerful kick between his legs!

That proved to be fatal. Even though he was unbelievable strong and bestowed with divine strength, it was nevertheless so painful that he had passed out!

Yixian gasped to Lele, “Did you just…”

Even Lie Qing was stunned, “That is low, isn’t it? That’s a third tier despicable martial move…”

Lele was sheepish, “The two of you are in front of him and I don’t have any space to attack.”

Lie Qing said, “His back is exposed to you. Of all places…”

Of course, Lele did it on purpose but she would never admit it. She knew that if they had lost tonight, their fates would be tragic. When she saw how easy Xiao Da had intentionally torn away the clothes of Yu’Er, Mei’Er and Lingfeng while overpowering them at the same time, she was secretly afraid. So her first instinct was to kick his most vulnerable part at the first opportunity rather than giving him the opportunity to recover from his initial shock.

Ding Yun and Youxue had quietly walked next to them.

Ding Yun was teary as she muttered, “We…we have actually…defeat Xiao Da?”

Even Youxue was stunned as she looked at the Joyful Goddess silently, “That unlikely move may have saved all of us. She does it on purpose?”

It was because Ding Yun and Youxue who were behind Xiao Da, were able to see the Joyful Goddess maneuver with startling speed to his back and she did not even hesitated at all when she delivered her kick. It was obviously pre-mediated.

All of a sudden, Ding Yun kicked and stomped on Xiao Da’s back!

Yixian said hurriedly, “Don’t. He is after all, the son of an old friend of mine. Let him go…”

Ding Yun was teary, “If I let him go, will he let us off? Do you know what he did to me? Do you know what our fates are tonight if we are unable to stop him? Do you know how many wicked things that he has done?”

Yixian was quiet.

All of a sudden, Ding Yun had grabbed Xiao Da’s wrist!

Xiao Da immediately opened his eyes as he screamed in agony. But this time he was totally powerless as his body began to dry up!

Youxue turned her head quietly away as she muttered, “Xiao Shuai and Yuan Shao will not let us off…”

Yixian was alarmed, “Energy absorbing skill?!”

Ding Yun had used the Invincible Divine Force that she had learnt from Lie Qing to drain Xiao Da of all his Divine Virtuous Force intricate energy!

But Yixian quickly regained her composure and said gently to the surroundings, “Who is that? It seems that you have been here for a long time.”

Lie Qing and Lele were alarmed, “There is someone else in the vicinity?”

Ding Yun and Youxue were also looking keenly at the surroundings.

Yixian said, “For him to conceal his breathing for this long, this person may even be a far stronger exponent than Xiao Da…”

Yi Ping had gasped slightly when he had heard Xiao Da’s agonizing scream but however slight it was, Yixian had detected it.

But to her surprise, the intruder that she had just cautioned everyone to be wary was Yi Ping, as he jumped down from the tree top and landed lightly on the grass patch.

Youxue, Lele, Lie Qing, Ding Yun and Yixian were all stunned to see Yi Ping displaying such a superior lightness swiftness skill…

It was because lightness swiftness skill required a lot of hard dedicated work from a young age. No one could acquire it all of a sudden.

Moreover, everyone was under the assumption that Yi Ping had lost his internal strength…

Ch43 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-07-14 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks for the update, Avidfan!

in my humble opinion, my respect for Yixian has dropped two notches. Lele has taken over as my fav Yi Ping damsel. The one who delivers the first killer blow wins and survives to live another day. Yixian seems a bit reticent to establish her matrimonial status as Yi Ping's wife. I wonder whether she and Yi Ping enjoyed their conjugal nights.

This update is equivilent to a full Chinese 10 course dinner. i feel really replete.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsaw View Post
    This update is equivilent to a full Chinese 10 course dinner. i feel really replete.
    Thanks!

Here is another update =)

Chapter 44: Surprise Reversals

Below the Tranquil Mountains, inside the main camp of the Honor Manor and Virtuous Palace…

Yuan Shao looked malevolently at Xiao Fei, Lu Baiyun and Zuo Tianyi, “Where is Xiao Da?”

Xiao Fei said briefly, “No one seems to have seen him in camp since morning.”

Yuan Shao slammed the table, “Outrageous. He must have gone up the mountains on his own. How dare he disobey my instructions?!”

Lu Baiyun said, “Do we need to send my men to comb the mountains and bring him back?”

Yuan Shao growled, “No need. He will return when he has his fun.”

Zuo Tianyi asked, “You are not worried that he has gone up the mountains alone?”

Yuan Shao said coldly, “It not that easy to defeat Xiao Da even if his opponents have the superior martial skills. Even if he could not defeat them, fleeing isn’t a problem for him. We don’t have to worry for him.”

Xiao Fei said quietly, “We need to exercise caution. Even Xiao Yuanjia was killed by them.”

Yuan Shao said icily, “Unless I have seen his body, I will not believe hearsay. No one knows the secrets of his thirteen blades. No one can defeat Xiao Yuanjia.”

He did not know that Xiao Fei had secretly observed Xiao Yuanjia every single action and had already secretly alerted Youxue.

Zuo Tianyi asked, “All of us are capable fighters here and we still have over a hundred good fighters with us, why are we giving three days to be prepared? We can just overwhelm them with our superior numbers.”

Yuan Shao said coldly, “There is no need for us to take unnecessary risk. The longer that our enemies wait in suspense, the more lingering is their doubts and fears. After all, they are young and are afraid of death. When they have too much doubt, killing them is just an effortless thing for us.”

He did not know that Yi Ping had never plan more than one step at a time and he was naturally a fearless young man. Even though, Yuan Shao could see that Yi Ping had improved but it was natural for anyone to develop a phobia for the person that almost killed them. He was more interested in trapping Lie Qing and the Joyful Goddess inside the Dark Mono Sword Formation and drained them of their Invincible Divine Force intricate energy.

The “retreat” was just a plan for Yuan Shao to prevent the others from interfering in his diabolic scheme. For that, he had to give specific instructions to Xiao Da and Xiao Fei.

He was already caution of Lie Qing and when the Joyful Goddess had appeared, he was doubly caution but at the same time he was secretly pleased that there were two red eyes maidens.

But no matter how he had analyzed the situation, their enemies were as good as being defeated.

All of a sudden, there was a panicky shout from outside the large tent.

Yuan Shao said coldly, “Who dare to disturb our meeting.”

All of a sudden, a few protégés of the Honor Manor began to cart a large coffin into the tent!

Lu Baiyun shouted angrily, “Who ask you to bring a coffin into the tent? Have you all live too long already?”

Zuo Tianyi and Xiao Fei were startled as they looked intently at the large wooden coffin.

Yuan Shao said coldly, “Who sends it?”

Yuan Shao had flown to the large coffin and forced it opened with his palm. But when he saw the content of the coffin, he was startled; Xiao Da was lying inside the coffin!

His lips began to tremble as he muttered, “Who…nephew, who kills you?! Is there anyone in the entire fraternity that can kill you?”

Yuan Shao shouted angrily, “Who did it? Who sends it?! I want them to pay with their lives!”

A protégé of the Honor Manor began to tremble, “He says he is Yi Ping and he is now outside the camp…”

Yuan Shao broke his cane and revealed a thin sword from within, shouting. “Yi Ping! I will tear you to pieces!”

He had immediately marched outside the tent with Zuo Tianyi, Lu Baiyun and Xiao Fei at his back.

As soon as Yuan Shao had stepped outside his commanding tent, everyone was startled to see that many of the protégés of the Honor Manor were lying and crawling in pain on the ground outside!

When a protégé of the Honor Manor saw Lu Baiyun and Yuan Shao, he immediately gasped. “We cannot stop them…”
    Yuan Shao began to stare furiously at the intruders and there were many of them.

Yi Ping, Shui Yixian, Lele, Lie Qing, Ding Yun, Lingfeng, Yu’Er, Mei’Er, Xiao Youxue, Nangong Le, Qiu Wufeng, Gongsun Jing, Priest Liu Qingcheng, Priest Bai Chongzhen, Priest Ling Kongquan and many others were standing loftily in front of Yuan Shao, Xiao Fei, Zuo Tianyi and Lu Baiyun.

All of a sudden, he was startled.

It was because for the very first time, Yuan Shao could feel that his powerful malevolent aura did not have any effect and was diminished by their presence. He was suddenly hard in breathing…

He could barely recognize Xiao Youxue and besides her, was a beautiful heavenly maiden with an imposing presence. He did not recognize the Celestial Fairy…

This heavenly maiden had the most compassionate eyes that he had ever seen and her mere presence caused everyone to look at her rigidly.

Only Lu Baiyun knew better for he had recognized the Celestial Fairy and he had unconsciously began to stagger backward.

Many of the protégés of the Honor Manor were beginning to be fearful. Even though many of their opponents had not yet fully recovered their strength but the eyes of their opponents were burning with righteous fire and even their fighting spirits were overwhelming; it seemed nothing would stop them today!

Zuo Tianyi shouted, “Yi Ping! You are courting your own death by coming here!”

He had barely lifted his frightening sword energy when Yi Ping had charged into him, drawing the white emerald phoenix sword and brandishing the beaming Divine Echo, instantly neutralizing his sword energies with a low emitting echo!

Zuo Tianyi was surprised that in less than two days, Yi Ping’s swordplay seemed to have a marked improvement! It was not only a marked improvement but the speed that Yi Ping had handled the double swords were so quick and lethal that Zuo Tianyi was forced to take one step back now and then!

He thought, “How it is possible? Not only is he unaffected by my sword energies but his speed is quicker than ever before. And where did he pick this double sword technique?”

He quickly executed the Infinity-One, displaying a dozen cutting strokes at Yi Ping.

But Yi Ping swung his twin swords, retaliating more than two dozen strokes in a single instant. His attacking speed was like unstoppable shoot stars, bursting into shades of grey and sparkling lights; his attacks were invisible to all but the keenest exponents!

Xiao Fei laughed softly, “It seems that Young Master Zuo is having some trouble.”

All of a sudden, Xiao Fei had flew with startling speed and drawn out his sword, stopping Yi Ping in his track!

Everyone was startled at how fast Xiao Fei’s speed, even Yuan Shao!

Yuan Shao thought, “This speed…he has been concealing his true strength all along?!”

In a single instant, Xiao Fei had rained more than a dozen strokes on Yi Ping. Together with Zuo Tianyi, Yi Ping was forced back!

Youxue immediately shouted to Yi Ping, “Yi Ping, be careful. Xiao Fei is known as the Quick Blade Swordsman…”

Xiao Fei laughed softly as he overheard Youxue, “Isn’t it too late to warn him already…”

Youxue had already intercepted Xiao Fei, “You dare to hurt him…”

Yi Ping said softly to her, “Youxue, move back. I can still cope…”

Yi Ping had intercepted both Xiao Fei and Zuo Tianyi each with a sword as he retaliated with dozens of flurries of attacks.

Zuo Tianyi burst into a cold sweat as he took several steps back and leaving Xiao Fei alone to tank Yi Ping’s sword flurries, thinking. “This…this speed is impossible!”

Even Xiao Fei was startled as he gasped, “You…when did you…”

It was because Yi Ping had used the exact sword technique that he had just displayed, the ‘Bursting Light Rays’ sword technique and had used it with two swords, something that not even Xiao Fei could accomplish.

Not only was Yi Ping sword techniques more refine than the ‘Bursting Light Rays’, it also had the traces of the Horizon Swordplay as it sent startling burst of shadows flurrying in all directions! The martial power imbued by Yi Ping was so strong that even Xiao Fei could barely hold him off with his Divine Virtuous Force in full throttle!

Xiao Fei smiled bitterly, “You are a worthy opponent. I have not exhausted my sword techniques yet. Let’s have some fun…”

Zuo Tianyi immediately took the opportunity when he was behind Xiao Fei to imbue his sword with beaming cold sword energy. This is the divine state of the Infinity-One, the departing of the sword energy from the sword.

He quickly completed the twelve circulations of his internal intricate energy in less than a minute as he aimed at Yi Ping with a startling burst of deadly sword energy, “You are dead, Yi Ping. Nothing can block the Infinity-One Sword Energy, not even the Divine Emerald Skill.”

But to his utter surprise, Yi Ping managed to disengage himself from Xiao Fei, jumping in front and sliced his deadly sword energy projectile into two waves with the Divine Echo, with one of the waves injuring Xiao Fei!

Xiao Fei glanced silently at Zuo Tianyi as he coughed out blood, “He…tries to kill me along with Yi Ping?! It seems that I have to watch my back…”

Xiao Youxue had suddenly raised her sleeves at Xiao Fei while saying to Yi Ping, “Go get that despicable Zuo Tianyi. I will handle Xiao Fei.”

Yi Ping took a longing glance at Youxue before he charged towards Zuo Tianyi.

Youxue took a longing glance at Yi Ping…

Xiao Fei said, “You have come to kill me with your own hands?”

Youxue said, “You know I won’t. Are you seriously injured?”

Xiao Fei said bitterly, “It is a lucky thing that I am protected by the Divine Virtuous Force and had suffered only a minor internal injury. The bulk of the deadly sword energy has already been dissipated by your sweetheart. I swear I make that Zuo Tianyi pay for this.”

Youxue said, “You call that just a minor injury? I think that after you have dissipated your Divine Virtuous Force, you will be lying on the bed for quite a long time. Stop forcing yourself and pretend to be strong.”

Xiao Fei laughed softly, “Youxue, Youxue. We are on opposing sides now. To be merciful towards the enemy is to be merciless towards ourselves.”

Youxue whispered, “That’s what Xiao Shuai and Yuan Shao have taught us, isn’t it? I still remember that during my first year on the run, I was caught by you but you have let me go. You…have…even told me where my brother Yuanjia had hidden his thirteen blades. You have saved my life twice.”

Xiao Fei whispered, “You have told Yi Ping?”

Youxue nodded.

Xiao Fei smiled bitterly, “No wonder I cannot sense any malevolent air from him when we fought. The only malevolent air seems to be directed at that Zuo Tianyi. I shouldn’t have interfered for that rascal Zuo Tianyi. But still, we still have to put on a show first…”

Youxue said coolly, “Why do you think I am here for?”

As Xiao Fei picked himself up and pretended to fight against Youxue, he whispered. “Be wary of the Celestial Palace.”

Youxue asked, “Huh?”

Xiao Fei whispered, “The Virtuous Palace, the Honor Manor, the Celestial Palace and the various martial clans are congregating at the Holy Amalgamate Mountains. This you know. But do you know that they are actually contesting for the Heavenly Relic?”

Youxue was startled, “What’s that?”

Xiao Fei whispered quickly, “It is a relic from an ancient time, a relic of the immortals! It is said to be able to aid the practitioners to ascend the heavens! The martial intricate formula that is inscribed on the relic hold the secret!”

Youxue asked in astonishment, “How did you know?”

Xiao Fei said, “The seven stars have joined recently and all signs pointed to the Holy Hex Sect. You didn’t know about it? The Holy Maiden didn’t tell you?”

In the meantime…

Yuan Shao was about to take a step forward with his cane sword when Yixian had intercepted him with her fingers!

He was startled at her attacking speed. As soon as he raised his cane sword to block her, this heavenly maiden had shattered his cane sword into pieces when her fingers landed on it!

Yuan Shao was stunned at her martial power and the cold stabbing sensation of her fingers!

“Icy Jade Finger?! Who are you?”

Yuan Shao did not dare to be careless and he had immediately hacked at her with the hidden waist sword but his sword was immediately deflected by a seemingly invisible force. No doubt, it was the Emerald Divine Skill!

Yixian said gently, “The Celestial Fairy.”

Yuan Shao was startled, “You…you are the Celestial Fairy?! Why are you here?”

Yixian hummed icily, “Why can’t I be here? And let my protégés be bullied by the Virtuous Palace?”

In the meantime, Lie Qing was fighting against more than a dozen top fighters and more than a dozen fighters had already been sent wriggling on the ground by her!

Even though these fighters were all experienced top fighters and had surrounded her, they were terrified and dare not be careless. It was because Lie Qing was surrounded by a powerful invisible inertia force that caused their attacks to deflect off her!

Lie Qing was teasing them, “Maybe you should find someone stronger to fight me. It is futile. My Invincible Divine Force is not something that fighters the like of you can breech.”

“The Invincible Divine Force!? She knows the Invincible Divine Force! Isn’t this Gongsun Bai’s skill?”

Just as more fighters were about to join in the attacks against Lie Qing, a flying sword that came from Ding Yun flew with such startling speed that it fell five fighters in an instant, terrifying the other fighters from the Honor Manor!

The Joyful Goddess was sighing in displeasure, “Remember the Celestial Star Formation that I have taught you. Don’t break the formation…sigh…no one is even listening…”

Lingfeng laughed softly, “Your so call Celestial Star Formation is too hard to grasp in just a few hours…”

Qiu Wufeng was shouting to Lu Baiyun, “Don’t you run. If you are a hero, stand where you are!”

Lu Baiyun smiled bitterly, “Do you think you are worthy to be my opponent yet?”

Gongsun Jing said, “What about me then?”

Nangong Le had also stepped in, “And me!”

Lu Baiyun said coldly, “Three versus one? And you can yourself a hero? But even if there are ten of you, the result will still be the same!”

Gongsun Jing said, “I am no hero. I am a wanted fugitive now.”

Nangong Le laughed, “That’s right. I didn’t know Brother Jing, you can be so humorous!”

Gongsun Jing smiled, “I learnt from you!”

Qiu Wufeng looked at Gongsun Jing and Nangong Le with trembling heart as he said aloud, “My brothers!”

It was because he knew that Gongsun Jing and Nangong Le were grievously injured; they had tried not to show it and had joined the fight besides him!

Gongsun Jing exclaimed, “Brothers!”

Nangong Le laughed, “Let’s hope that we don’t become dead brothers soon!”

Qiu Wufeng and Gongsun Jing stared at him.

Lu Baiyun had displayed his extraordinary swordplay and had dashed in their midst!

All of a sudden, he was forced back by three additional swords coming from Priest Ling Kongquan, Priest Liu Qingcheng and Priest Bai Chongzhen!

Priest Liu Qingcheng said aloud, “If you want to kill my protégé first, then you have asked me first!”

Nangong Le laughed, “Thank you, thank you.”

Priest Ling Kongquan whispered to Nangong Le, “I think he is more afraid of losing his funds to rebuild the Longevity Hall.”

All of a sudden, there was a thunderous impact, knocking aside everyone that was around the Celestial Fairy and Yuan Shao.

“Stop fighting.” The Celestial Fairy’s voice was gentle but it could be heard clearly by everyone.

Yuan Shao had been knocked on the ground and he was coughing nonstop!

The Celestial Fairy said gently, “You can go. Take the coffin away as well.”

Yuan Shao was laughing bitterly, “Even with my martial power, I cannot overcome you…”

The Celestial Fairy said softly, “Perhaps if you are able to restraint your rage, the outcome will be different.”

Yuan Shao coughed, “Perhaps…perhaps not.”

He looked around him and saw that the number of wounded and the dead around him were appalling. It was a complete defeat. He had never expected his side would be nearly annihilated in such a short time. He had never expected the Celestial Fairy to be here and that she would be this formidable…

He closed his eyes and said bitterly, “You may have defeated us today but not the next time…the Virtuous Palace awaits you at the Holy Amalgamate Mountains and we’re not the only ones. The Honor Manor and the Seven Major Orthodox Sword Clans awaited you there. This victory is just only a small victory.”

Priest Bai Chongzhen interrupted, “You can only count the Six Major Orthodox Sword Clans then. One of the Seven Major Orthodox Sword Clan is on this side.”

Yuan Shao ignored him.

Priest Ling Kongquan said, “If the other Six Major Orthodox Sword Clans are as easy to deal with as you, then we won’t have such a headache.”

Priest Bai Chongzhen stared at Priest Ling Kongquan. It was not funny.

Yi Ping was still staring coldly at Zuo Tianyi, who could barely stand and was looking extremely rugged.

Ding Yun had walked quietly besides Yi Ping, holding him gently on his arm. “Let him go. He is not worth getting your hands dirty…”

Yi Ping said coldly to Zuo Tianyi, “You have betrayed our brotherhood. I don’t have a sworn brother like you! Now scram!”

Zuo Tianyi laughed bitterly, “You will regret not killing me today.”

He was secretly thinking, “I have lost to you because you seem to have a divine sword that can neutralize my sword energy. I am still not convinced that I will lose to you. In the secret chamber of the Infinity Sword Clan, there is a forbidden sword. I will retrieve that sword and we shall see again.”

“Wait a minute!”

It was the Joyful Goddess. She said coldly, “Yi Ping says he will let you go but I have never said I will let you go.”

Zuo Tianyi immediately turned ashen because the Joyful Goddess was swinging her wicked scythe expertly in front of him. He had exhausted his martial strength trying to keep himself alive…

The Joyful Goddess said coldly, “I may be the Joyful Goddess but I am also the Harbinger of Death from the Celestial Palace. My duty is to execute all offenders that are disrespectful to the Celestial Palace. And you are no exceptional….”

Zuo Tianyi was instantly terrified and had completely turned white; it was because the Joyful Goddess was suddenly cloaked with a dark malevolent aura and her malevolent air was so suffocating that everyone stopped what they were doing and was looking at her.

Even Yuan Shao was startled at this creepy malevolent air. It was because it was even more powerful than his very own…

Lele had attained the Transverse State of Divinity. At this state of divinity, she could amplified or diminish her aura. She knew that Zuo Tianyi had violated Ding Yun and she was extremely angry. Combined with her amplifying emotion state of divinity that she had achieved, her malevolent air was so frightening and paralyzing that no one dared to move.

Of course, Lele did not realize that. She was genuinely really very upset even though she did not show it. In her heart, she had already visualized slicing Zuo Tianyi to pieces!

She had not acted yet but her intentions were already materializing in the form of her malevolent intentions! Even though her target was only Zuo Tianyi but everyone could already visualize that they were the ones getting sliced by her!

Ding Yun said, “Don’t sister! I am ill-fated as it is already. Don’t harm your divinity with reckless killing.”

Yi Ping had raised the Divine Echo, dispelling Lele’s strong malevolent briefly. “Lele, let them go. There are too many casualties. We have already won.”

Lele looked at Yi Ping before she took a look at Ding Yun, sighing melancholy. “You…have not realized the consequences of letting this man off yet…”

Yi Ping saw that Lele’s malevolent air had diminished so he quickly said to Zuo Tianyi. “Go now!”

Zuo Tianyi was not the least grateful as he picked himself up and sheathed his long sword in a slow manner. Before he left, he said. “Yi Ping, this is not over yet.”

Ch44 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter

Ch45 Preview

The Celestial Fairy Shui Yixian was alone with Yi Ping, as they sat on top of a hill, looking at the starry skies and overlooking the majestic Tranquil Mountains.

Yixian said quietly, “I will rather you rebuke me…then I will feel much better…”

But instead she looked at him quietly before saying, “Destiny starts, destiny ends. We have come to the world alone and we will depart alone. Don’t put it into your heart. Our destiny may have end but your destiny with many others have not…”

Yixian was interrupted by Yi Ping who said to her, “My fate is in my hands and not in the destinies of others.”
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-07-14 at 09:59 PM.

wonderful. even got a preview.

Yi Ping, Shui Yixian, Lele, Lie Qing, Ding Yun, Lie Qing, Yu’Er, Mei’Er, Xiao Youxue, Nangong Le, Qiu Wufeng, Gongsun Jing, Priest Liu Qingcheng, Priest Bai Chongzhen, Priest Ling Kongquan and many others were standing loftily in front of Yuan Shao, Xiao Fei, Zuo Tianyi and Lu Baiyun.

Their are two Lie Qing... Lingfeng is missing...

You also missed the wedding celebration scene immediately after Ding Yun killed Xiao Da.

Where's the scene where Yi Ping confronts the twins concerning the two instances of drugging his liquor....

Thanks for the update, Avidfan...

Yi Ping, Shui Yixian, Lele, Lie Qing, Ding Yun, Lie Qing, Yu’Er, Mei’Er, Xiao Youxue, Nangong Le, Qiu Wufeng, Gongsun Jing, Priest Liu Qingcheng, Priest Bai Chongzhen, Priest Ling Kongquan and many others were standing loftily in front of Yuan Shao, Xiao Fei, Zuo Tianyi and Lu Baiyun.

Their are two Lie Qing... Lingfeng is missing...

You also missed the wedding celebration scene immediately after Ding Yun killed Xiao Da.

Where's the scene where Yi Ping confronts the twins concerning the two instances of drugging his liquor....

Thanks for the update, Avidfan...
    Omg, good one! You spotted a mistake, thanks!!!

They didn't get married yet. It happens a few hours later immediately and the wedding may not be able to proceed anymore.

Yu'Er, Mei'Er and Lingfeng were knocked out cold so Yi Ping didn't really have the time to confront them yet. Currently, Yi Ping is just suspecting and after witnessing a scene that he shouldn't see, no one seems to want to talk to him anymore about it xD