Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940

Thread: A Martial Odyssey

I have just started reading the first two chapter. Interesting story so far

so much irony and contradictions within this story. so awesome but i feel like it'll only end in tragedy. i've only read up to chapter 22 but i can already tell shits about to go down lolol starting to wonder whose gonna live and who dies!

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindu1018 View Post
    so much irony and contradictions within this story. so awesome but i feel like it'll only end in tragedy. i've only read up to chapter 22 but i can already tell shits about to go down lolol starting to wonder whose gonna live and who dies!
    Thanks for reading! Hope you can tell us your progression on the story after a week or when you have finished it!

someone recommended this to me after reading Coiling Dragon, Steller Transformation, Swallowed Star,Zhan Long, and Desonalation Era and i must say i am quite disappointed, i could not get pass chapter 20, fell asleep while reading a few times.

can anyone tell me if this gets any better? i might give it another shot if it does otherwise i guess thats it for me.
    Last edited by Rainne; 03-25-15 at 12:06 AM.

It does go better. I'm been reading this, and the impression i got of the MC is he's like a stupid lucky fool. Ahahaha awesome MC have such beautiful girls too. Interesting.!
    Last edited by darkmatter; 03-26-15 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
    It does go better. I'm been reading this, and the impression i got of the MC is he's like a stupid lucky fool. Ahahaha awesome MC have such beautiful girls too. Interesting.!
    Right! AMO1 is really a fun read. AMO2 will get much more serious though

I read 32 chapter Yeah it's fun but i'm missing something, somehow it's hard to get into this story if you know what i mean, somehow i need force myself read it and waiting when something start happening but that's only me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuukit View Post
    I read 32 chapter Yeah it's fun but i'm missing something, somehow it's hard to get into this story if you know what i mean, somehow i need force myself read it and waiting when something start happening but that's only me.
    Don't worry on that if that is the first time that you are picking up a wuxia. Usually wuxia is more story driven. There will be suspense, subtle hints and plots. Everything isn't so direct as the world of wuxia are filled with intrigues. Who are the good guys, who are the bad guys, things are not simple.

If you read it as a mystery story, then you will certainly do fine

When you start to like wuxia, there are other recommendations here in the dangerous world of wuxia. The MC is wuxia may not be a superhero or the number one, they can be a commoner or your average swordsman but what makes wuxia interesting is the heroics, the intriguing plots, the subtle tactics in battle and the martial skills

Cheers!

It does go better. I'm been reading this, and the impression i got of the MC is he's like a stupid lucky fool.
    Actually, the MC doesn't have alot of luck in his fights (laugh, if you are able to count the number of times that he has lost). He just have sheer endurance and even though he has shown his potential early but his opponents are all wily fighters. But yes, he does have the lady luck but not because he is handsome. Gongsun Jing in Chapter 6 is even more refined than him.
    Last edited by Avidfan; 06-14-15 at 09:01 AM.

I just finished book 1 and even though there were minor grammar and spelling errors it was a good story. In my opinion the characters are more interesting than the ones found in other novels like coiling dragon and stellar transformation. I enjoyed reading those stories but the character development was basically limited to only the MC whereas in Martial Odyssey there is a lot of back story which makes it easy to be more attached to the character. Even though the romance harem seems a little forced but the sweet fluffly moments more than make up for that. I enjoyed the nice mix of drama, action and romance.

One question though, is the ebook on lulu the same as this version or is it edited? I'm thinking of buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by kurogakuro View Post
    I just finished book 1 and even though there were minor grammar and spelling errors it was a good story. In my opinion the characters are more interesting than the ones found in other novels like coiling dragon and stellar transformation. I enjoyed reading those stories but the character development was basically limited to only the MC whereas in Martial Odyssey there is a lot of back story which makes it easy to be more attached to the character. Even though the romance harem seems a little forced but the sweet fluffly moments more than make up for that. I enjoyed the nice mix of drama, action and romance.

One question though, is the ebook on lulu the same as this version or is it edited? I'm thinking of buying it.
    Thanks! It is almost the same on Lulu.

I will be recompiling the entire AMO into a single compilation from now on at wuxiasociety and no longer be updating here.
    http://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/post/3128

Currently, will be updating the Mandarin version as that is the original version. The english version may need updating though as the mandarin is slightly different but not much.