Thread: Stellar Transformations [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Thanks He-Man

wohoooo more and more interesting. thank you he-man

“Oh?” Uncle Lan takes a sip of tea ten says with a smile: “If you want to ask something then just ask.

i think it should be then says not ten

Quote Originally Posted by lukasjedi View Post
    Thanks he-man,

-----------------------------------
    Uncle Lan personally works out the designs and positions for the components of the Stellar Tower.

According to Uncle Lan, the layout of this Stellar Tower is based on the long lost, legendary Great Heavenly Stellar Formation. Its main theme is to be close to nature so it does not have those huge, pompous palaces, but its structures and decorations are still made from valuable materials such as pearl, agate, black iron, refined gold and so on.
    Is Uncle Lan a Master Lei Wei family ,or even he is Lei Wei himself in new body ?
    cause he know clearly how to build this Stellar Tower ,that even unknown to Qin Yu ?

Still I think,uncle Lan is hiding from some-one .......whoever he/she is ???
    The SURPRISE strength of this story now is rather weaker, more easy to predict this story-flow......
    Maybe I am wrong in analyse this.....
    星辰 (Xing Chen) usually translated as star, but in this novel he-man prefer to translate it as stellar with a good reason, so I think he-man made the decision to be consistent here. 星辰变 (Xing Chen Bian) translated as stellar transformation and 星辰阁 (Xing Chen Ge) translated as stellar tower. 周天星辰大阵 (Zhou Tian Xing Chen Da Zhen) translated as legendary Great Heavenly Stellar Formation.

Back to the original word 'star', I think it doesn't matter where you live you will have star and nobody has a monopoly on star. As far as I know almost every culture on our earth has knowledge of astronomy, granted the level of knowledge will differ from culture to culture, but no one culture has a monopoly on astronomy, thus you don't need to have a relationship with certain culture to know about astronomy.

Now book 7 is almost finish, if by the end of book 9, you can still say that you can easily predict the story then I'm really impressed.
    Last edited by dexter64; 03-25-14 at 09:14 PM.

There are more and more surprises. Layer upon layer. I would be surprised if anyone can really guess the course of events. I had a hunch about who Uncle Lan was but it was incorrect.

Thank You He-man.

I like the portraying of the formations. This formation must be similar to one at Penglai Immortal Island.

Just wanna share with you all. It may help to visualize some of the places. Some image may be wrong course I cannot read Chinese. Some may even contain spoiler, so thread with care.

Stellar Tower:
    Stellar Tower2.jpg
    http://fu2.sdo.com/31/31/1108/25/21/1709_10404421.JPG

Azure Dragon. Look at his size.:
    20100701141450586.jpg

3 Eyed Freak
    3 eyed toad.jpg

Terror Jellyfish. One that The Majesties want to send Qinyu into.
    The Terror Jellyfish.jpg

Qinyu World:
    20110823105334e00ad.jpg
    http://pic1.duowan.com/newgame/0911/...2492583411.jpg
    http://fu.sdo.com/58/58/1005/27/72/2836_1486872.JPG
    http://static.sdg-china.com/xcb/pic/...xzk/48/001.jpg

Underwater seaworld:
    http://img1.cache.netease.com/game/2...0533703a3e.jpg
    Last edited by theSwordoftheWest; 03-25-14 at 04:00 PM.

HouFei, not sure at which transformation cause his fur supposed to be normal fur:
    http://i3.3conline.com/images/piclib...ht5awgp0rr.jpg

Li'er, but is weird cause Li'er supposed to be average looking:
    Li'er.JPG

I think this is Penglai Immortal Island:
    Penglai Immortal Island.jpg

Uncle Feng:
    Uncle Feng.jpg

Major Spoiler:
    Progression:
    Progression.jpg

TengLong continent:
    Map8.jpg
    Last edited by theSwordoftheWest; 03-25-14 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theSwordoftheWest View Post
    Li'er, but is weird cause Li'er supposed to be average looking:
    Li'er.JPG
    LOL...
    Average... but "slightly full breasted".

I remember we had a long discussion about the "breastedness" of Li'er...

I'm starting to think Uncle Lan isn't exactly a human; maybe some heavenly or natural energy personified thousands of years ago.

He could even be an alien like Lei Wei but I'm really doubting that he was ever a normal person and practiced his way up to his power.

Perhaps immortals that ascend merely gained the power to travel in space, and are just exploring the rest of the universe to understand how to get even stronger? Uncle Lan might be one of the few that stayed on the planet or returned for whatever reason? Just a bunch of speculations
    Last edited by tape; 03-25-14 at 07:13 PM.

Since Uncle Lan has a clan he's probably not a unique being. I still think he's an immortal who descended for whatever reason. Li'er is more mysterious than Uncle Lan, IMO. Uncle Lan is obviously not a Xiuzhenist or above the normal Xiuzhenist stages which is why he's powerful but Li'er is somehow really powerful despite being Jindan stage.
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post
    Since Uncle Lan has a clan he's probably not a unique being. I still think he's an immortal who descended for whatever reason. Li'er is more mysterious than Uncle Lan, IMO. Uncle Lan is obviously not a Xiuzhenist or above the normal Xiuzhenist stages which is why he's powerful but Li'er is somehow really powerful despite being Jindan stage.
    Which part mentioned he was part of a clan?

From his recent talk with Qin Yu, it seems like he's trying to say that all the classifications that we've read about are more or less generalities and are wrong many times. Different individuals who are born with different abilities or people who understand the way the universe/nature works can have abilities and power levels that contradict the normal.
    Last edited by tape; 03-25-14 at 09:51 PM.

B6C7 has this:

Miss Li’er gives a smile then looks at Uncle Lan’s room: “Qin Yu, do you know that in my clan, Uncle Lan is absolutely one who overflows with genius? His power has reached … Oh, why am I talking with you about this? Right, are you going to leave immediately after discussing your matters with him?”
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I'm starting to think Uncle Lan isn't exactly a human; maybe some heavenly or natural energy personified thousands of years ago.

He could even be an alien like Lei Wei but I'm really doubting that he was ever a normal person and practiced his way up to his power.

Perhaps immortals that ascend merely gained the power to travel in space, and are just exploring the rest of the universe to understand how to get even stronger? Uncle Lan might be one of the few that stayed on the planet or returned for whatever reason? Just a bunch of speculations
    Below is our first introduction to Uncle Lan.

B5C15
    “You can call me Uncle Lan. Right, I’m indeed a human. Well … you can think of me as a Xiuxianist.” Uncle Lan says with a relaxed smile.

Which part mentioned he was part of a clan?

From his recent talk with Qin Yu, it seems like he's trying to say that all the classifications that we've read about are more or less generalities and are wrong many times. Different individuals who are born with different abilities or people who understand the way the universe/nature works can have abilities and power levels that contradict the normal.
    Again, below is the chapter of our first introduction to Uncle Lan.

B5C15
    With a hint of confidence on his face, Uncle Lan says: “Even in my clan, Li’er’s zither skill is top-class. You’re very lucky to be able to hear her perform.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    LOL...
    Average... but "slightly full breasted".

I remember we had a long discussion about the "breastedness" of Li'er...
    Well, certainly that depiction is correct about her assets.

I am of the opinion that Uncle Lan is like Lei Wei. Lei Wei travelled into a black hole and emerged into this universe. Lei Wei's Earth was ruled by technology. But what if Uncle Lan's Earth was ruled by magic? From the most recent chapter, Uncle Lan commented that Teleportation is not a skill that is unique to loose immortals and immortals. Hence I believe Uncle Lan is a magical human from an alternate dimension. When you factor Li'Er into account, her walking skills enabling her to travel 1 li per step is very magical. Also, both Li'Er and Uncle Lan appears to have strong healing powers. Healing powers from what we know of the Xiuzhen world only come in the form of pills and self-recovery abilities (with the exception of Qin Yu's Meteor Tear).

b6c7:
    Li’er shakes her head and says with a smile: “Qin Yu, actually I’ve always felt that there’s a lack of mutual understanding between the other Xiuzhenists and myself. It seems we don’t belong to the same world. So, I’ve mostly stayed at a respectful distance from them. All right, from now on don’t call me Miss Li’er anymore. It’s okay to just call me Li’er.”
    Is this significant? Or just a figure of speech?
    Last edited by shadowsong123; 03-25-14 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    Thanks he-man.

Congratulations on this thread reaching 100 pages.
    I think this thread is the fastest growing thread on the site, and viewership is probably also the fastest in increasing.

"A Step Into The Past" is the only thread with greater number of views, and it was started 6 years earlier.
    Considering that we are only around the first 25% and there are 500+ chapters to go. With an average 2 chapters per page then as long as the translation continue till the end, this thread will end up with at least 353 pages. By then this thread will also become the most viewed.

Thanks ptsome110 for the site, it have a lot cool stuff. It sure help because before this I do not know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by ptsome110 View Post
    This is not Qinde, this is Xiang Yang. Qinde used flying sword, Xiang Yang used lance.

female guaridan[URL="http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/conceptships/2012/ling_xiang/ling_xiang_06.jpg"]
    This is either the Di family 8 Majesty, or Zha Hong.

dexter64
    Ameen to that.

Regarding Uncle Lan mystery. I will try to look picture of him. His mysterious air is so cool. Personally I think he is an immortal. Edit: Checked out Uncle Lan, the one besides Li'er: http://img4.cache.netease.com/game/2...044264fa46.jpg

Because he says so himself teleportation are not limited to loose immortals. Besides in all his denial, he never once denied he is not immortal.
    Last edited by theSwordoftheWest; 03-26-14 at 01:32 PM.

Just checked, it turn out that this thread has more than a half viewership with a third of total pages than "A Step Into The Past" thread. And this is another page without a chapter in it.