Page 10 of 266 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Stellar Transformations [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Thanks he-man for translating this! So, far it looks really promising.. Regarding Zhu Xian, does that have that terrible ending?? Because I absolutely loved what Mooy translated in the other forum. I absolutely felt miserable for a long time since there is no other translation or topic discussion about that novel.. So, overall what's your opinion about that book?

Thanks for your routine translation schedule (1 day 1 chapter)

B2C11: Forging grandmaster (1)

“What is this thing actually?” Frowning, Qin Yu examines the flaming red crystal in his hands carefully. “This crystal is unusually heavy and even radiates flaming red rays of light. The crystal itself is also warm.”

Qin Yu has seen quite a lot of treasures in the princely mansion and has also read many books at Misty Villa so there are only few treasures on the Qian Long continent he still does not know about. However, when it comes to this flaming red crystal, he has absolutely no idea what it is.

Qin Yu drops the flaming red crystal. It causes a bang as it falls on the ground. Obviously it is shockingly heavy.

“Let’s test its hardness first. This crystal is so heavy, moreover, that rock-shattering palm strike of mine couldn’t break it, so it should be very hard.” Qin Yu forms a claw with his hand then executes the Eagle Claw Art technique. He fiercely grabs at the flaming red crystal.

A loud metallic noise rises. The flaming red crystal does not get even a scratch.

“Ss ~~” Qin Yu takes a deep cold breath. He feels the 5 attacking fingers tingling. That claw strike was executed with his entire power yet he could not even scratch the crystal therefore it is easy to imagine how great its hardness is. Qin Yu frowns and thinks. Suddenly he turns around and says: “Xiao Hei, you come and test how hard this crystal is.”

Xiao Hei shakes its head a couple of times in excitement. With a wave of the wings, it flies up then dives down. Using those sharp claws it grabs at the crystal ruthlessly.

A loud metallic clatter rises again but the crystal still does not get even a scratch. Xiao Hei lands on the ground and gives Qin Yu a wink, looking very disheartened as if it feels aggrieved because its claws have been defeated.

Qin Yu is dumbstruck. Only after a long time do his eyes glitter with excitement: “Ha-ha, I struck it rich. I struck it rich. Xiao Hei’s claws can even tear black iron easily like paper. Their hardness can match Xian-grade weapons’. Since even his claws can’t break the crystal, it’s at least a precious forging material. Well, let’s test again with the Yuchang sword.”

Whizz!

Qin Yu makes a wave with a hand. A shaft of black light flashes by, hacking fiercely at the flaming red crystal. A clang is heard. Holding the Yuchang sword in his hand, Qin Yu looks at the flaming red crystal before him in excitement: “Such a huge piece of first-class ore is definitely a priceless treasure. Perhaps it can even be forged into high-Xian-grade weapons.”

The Yuchang sword is a low-Xian-grade weapon.

Ores have to undergo many complex processes to be finally forged into weapons. But weapons are much harder than the ores they are made from. For example, the meteorites from which the Yuchang sword was forged would definitely not be able to withstand the chops made with the sword. Even the Yuchang sword cannot leave a mark on this flaming red crystal therefore its hardness must be at a shocking level.

Not even middle-Xian-grade ores can remain unblemished after being chopped at with the Yuchang sword, then how can this flaming red crystal?

“This is high-Xian-grade ore or perhaps … even better.” Qin Yu’s eyes shine. It is simply impossible for normal people to imagine how much a martial art expert craves for a first-rate weapon. Qin Yu, of course, has been dreaming about an absolutely excellent weapon.

The crystal itself is already so much harder than the Yuchang sword, if it is forged into weapons, then…

“Xiao Hei, let’s return to the villa.” Qin Yu takes off his coat and covers the flaming red crystal with it. Then he lifts the crystal up in a hug. He also knows that he cannot let everyone know about such a treasure as this crystal. Even though he does not mind, he knows the rules of the princely mansion. In the mansion, even weapons of the Yuchang sword’s caliber are kept in secret, not to mention this much more precious flaming red crystal.

Hugging the 2000 jin crystal, Qin Yu immediately runs back to Misty Villa. Perhaps only he, who is so extraordinary, can carry this crystal.

At Misty Villa, Qin Yu walks out from an underground secret room in a relaxed manner.

“Carrying 2000 jin back from the depths of the forest was really a bit tiring.” With a smiling expression on his face, he moves his arms about. Having obtained such a treasure, Qin Yu is in high spirits: “If father hears about this, he’ll definitely be delighted.”

With a smile, Qin Yu goes toward Lian Yan’s habitation. Suddenly 2 people are approaching him from behind. One of them is a young man who is a bit taller than Qin Yu. The other is a delicately pretty young girl dressed in green. The young man is very robust while the young girl has dainty facial features. The most attractive thing about her is that air of delicacy.

“Brother Yu.” Seeing Qin Yu, the green-clad young girl’s eyes immediately brighten. She quickly runs up to him. “Brother Yu, this time you’ve already gone out for almost several days. Why don’t you see me for a while?” The young girl mutters.

“Xiao Lu, wait until I’m free, I’ll definitely spend more time with you.” Qin Yu tenderly strokes Xiao Lu’s head.

This green-clad young girl is none other than Xiao Lu and the young man beside her is Tie Shan. The brother and sister have asked to become Lian Yan’s disciples. Xiao Lu does not like fighting or killing so she has only been practicing her internal technique and usually spends her time piping. The jade pipe on her waist was given to her as a present by Qin Yu.

“You’re always saying when you have free time, but you’re always busy. Brother Yu, why can’t you take a break?” Xiao Lu looks a bit discontented. Her brother Yu usually says he will spend time with her when he is free, but heaven only knows when he will have free time.

“Take a break?” Qin Yu is slightly startled. From age 8 to age 18, the number of breaks Qin Yu really took can be counted on the fingers of one hand. He has always had a single-minded determination to train hard so that he can help his father as soon as possible and become a capable assistant to his father.

“Xiao Lu, don’t fool around.” Tie Shan reproves her then turns to Qin Yu and says with a smile: “Xiao Yu, you’re looking for Master, right? He’s taking a rest in the courtyard.”

“Good, then I’ll go find Grandpa Lian first.” Qin Yu bids them a farewell then goes toward Lian Yan’s place.

Xiao Lu, however, follows his back with her eyes. She slightly wrinkles her nose and says: “Brother Yu has always been busy. When will he ever have a rest?” Xiao Lu has been staying at Misty Villa for nearly 5 years so she naturally knows how hard Qin Yu trains.

“Xiao Lu, don’t say that. Xiao Yu is different from us. Even though he’s East Vanquishing Prince’s 3rd son, he chose external practice, the most painful path in martial arts. I remember when I first came here I saw him shoving his hands into iron grains!” Tie Shan seems to be recalling that scene he saw. Shoveling iron grains could only be used as a form of training after Qin Yu’s finger strength had reached a very high level. If he had used iron grains from the beginning, his fingers would have been finished.

Tie Shan’s eyes are full of wonderment: “Shoveling iron grains, his fingers must’ve hurt as if pierced by needles. The nerves of the fingertips are linked with the heart. Xiao Lu, you simply can’t imagine the pain he had to endure. However, finger strength training was only one of the numerous forms of limit training he underwent every day. From dawn till dusk, every form of training he did challenged the human body’s limits. His body has always been enduring the torment of defying limits. And he’s been training like this … since he was 8.”

Following Qin Yu’s back with his eyes, Tie Shan has nothing but admiration for him.

Following Qin Yu’s back with her eyes, Xiao Lu’s eyes glisten.

In her heart, brother Yu is always carefree, big-hearted, and warm like the Sun. However, this brother Yu, despite being East Vanquishing Prince’s son, has been experiencing those utmost tortures to the body since 8 years old.

Despite having the Meteoric Tear, if Qin Yu wants to make use of its positive effects, he also has to train until reaching a physical limit. He has to train his fingers until they hurt as if broken off. He has to do deep squats until his legs have muscle cramps and his head is pounding … Only when he reaches a physical limit will the Meteoric Tear release its fantastic power.

If he wants to get something, he has to pay first.

In order to reach his current level, Qin Yu has paid a lot, an awful lot.

In Lian Yan’s courtyard, Lian Yan is lying in a deck chair, drinking tea and enjoying the tranquility of the moment.

“Grandpa Lian.”

As soon as he hears Qin Yu’s familiar voice, Lian Yan smiles to the point where his eyes start to narrow. He turns to Qin Yu and says with a smile: “Xiao Yu, it’s so hard to see you. It’s still light now, yet you already returned from training.” Lian Yan is always unable to suppress his delight when he sees Qin Yu, just like how a grandpa can never help rejoicing at seeing his grandson.

Qin Yu goes up to him through the door of the courtyard. He wants to find a forging expert to handle that flaming red crystal. Naturally, when he wants to find a forging expert, the 1st thing he thinks about is to ask Lian Yan.

End of b2c11.

Quote Originally Posted by LuDongBin View Post
    How about "cylindrical rod"? Implies a sense of perfect symmetry given the mystical nature of this crystal object.
    Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    What about "Dr. Blake's" walking stick - the one he used to strike the ground with to turn into
    THOR!
    It doesn't really matter which word is used, guys. You'll see how it'll be processed in 2 or 3 chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by yan 16 View Post
    Thanks he-man for translating this! So, far it looks really promising.. Regarding Zhu Xian, does that have that terrible ending?? Because I absolutely loved what Mooy translated in the other forum. I absolutely felt miserable for a long time since there is no other translation or topic discussion about that novel.. So, overall what's your opinion about that book?
    (I don't know why, the spoiler tags don't work. So DON"T CONTINUE TO READ IF YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ZHU XIAN"S ENDING)

I wouldn't go so far as saying that the ending sucks, but it's definitely not a good ending, even many Zhu Xian fans have admitted this. It's kind of similar to the Heaven Sword Dragon Saber's 2nd-edition ending or the Inception movie's ending. You can guess what might happen next to the main characters but you'll never know for sure. I don't mind Inception's cliffhanger b/c it is preceded by so many awe-inspiring scenes, but ZX's ending pisses me off b/c a major portion of this long novel is about romance, but at the end, I still don't know if the 2 bloody main characters will end up with each other or just be best friends forever. However, don't let my opinion on the ending affect your preference for ZX. Read it at any rate. I can say honestly and begrudgingly that it's a classic of the gallantry genre, one of the best and most influential gallantry novels after Jin Yong's, only that IMO it has too much romance and angst (which has drawn a huge number of female fans), and as an action junkie it's not my piece of cake.
    Last edited by he-man; 10-10-13 at 05:35 AM.
    My page
    Stellar Transformations Glossary

NO SPOILERS ARE ALLOWED IN THE TRANSLATION THREAD!

TO POST AND DISCUSS SPOILERS, GO TO THE SPOILER THREAD!

Thanks for the translation!

Quote Originally Posted by he-man View Post
    [B]

(I don't know why, the spoiler tags don't work. So DON"T CONTINUE TO READ IF YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ZHU XIAN"S ENDING)

I wouldn't go so far as saying that the ending sucks, but it's definitely not a good ending, even many Zhu Xian fans have admitted this. It's kind of similar to the Heaven Sword Dragon Saber's 2nd-edition ending or the Inception movie's ending. You can guess what might happen next to the main characters but you'll never know for sure. I don't mind Inception's cliffhanger b/c it is preceded by so many awe-inspiring scenes, but ZX's ending pisses me off b/c a major portion of this long novel is about romance, but at the end, I still don't know if the 2 bloody main characters will end up with each other or just be best friends forever. However, don't let my opinion on the ending affect your preference for ZX. Read it at any rate. I can say honestly and begrudgingly that it's a classic of the gallantry genre, one of the best and most influential gallantry novels after Jin Yong's, only that IMO it has too much romance and angst (which has drawn a huge number of female fans), and as an action junkie it's not my piece of cake.

thanks He-Man for the update...

maybe this can be far more exciting than Zhu Xian...

Thanks!!!!

One chapter a day! If there is such a super Xantian level translator .. you are it.

Quote Originally Posted by flawed View Post
    thanks He-Man for the update...

maybe this can be far more exciting than Zhu Xian...

thank you he - man it's become more exciting , btw can someone tell me where i can see the ending of zhu xian what happen with the protagonist and the girls around him cause the translation already stuck??
    Last edited by sauki; 09-13-13 at 09:23 AM. Reason: wrong sentences

Quote Originally Posted by he-man View Post
    Following Qin Yu’s back with her eyes, Xiao Lu’s eyes glitter.
    Is that more like glistened with unshed tears? I normally associate eyes glittering with some breakthrough insight or unwholesome intent.

Is Xiao Lu still missing an arm? She lost an arm during the bandit attack right? Was it restored somehow?

This green-clad young girl is none other than Xiao Lu and the young man beside her is Tie Shan. The brother and sister have asked to become Lian Yan’s disciples. Xiao Lu does not like fighting or killing so she has only been practicing her internal technique and usually spends her time piping. The jade pipe on her waist was given to her as a present by Qin Yu.

One arm piper...

B2C12: Forging grandmaster (2)

“Grandpa Lian, I’ve obtained an extremely precious piece of ore. According to my estimation, it should be a high-Xian-grade ore.” Qin Yu’s first sentence makes Lian Yan suddenly jump up.

Lian Yan’s eyes are full of astonishment. He looks at Qin Yu in disbelief. Only after a long time does he says: “Xiao Yu, you can’t joke about this matter. High-Xian-grade ores are what even Xiantian experts dream about. The weapons forged from them will definitely be marvelous. How can first-rate ores of this kind be obtained easily?”

To people on the Qian Long continent, weapons are simply divided into mundane-grade ones and Xian-grade ones. The Xian-grade is then divided into 3 sub-grades. And it is the same with ores. Even East Vanquishing Prince with such a great influence only has several tens weapons hidden in the Weapon Storing Warehouse. Most of them are low-Xian-grade, some are middle-Xian-grade, but only 2 of them are high-Xian-grade.

“Grandpa Lian, how can I deceive you? I made a chop with the Yuchang sword to test and couldn’t even leave a mark. What can it be if it’s not high-Xian-grade?” Qin Yu immediately explains.

“You couldn’t even leave a mark when chopping with the Yuchang sword?” Lian Yan understands, if even the Yuchang sword cannot leave a mark, this piece of ore is definitely high-Xian-grade. “Xiao Yu, what does this piece of ore look like? How large is it, about the size of a fist?”

In general, the size of a piece of ore is inversely proportional to its value. If it is about the size of a fist, it will already be enough to forge such a weapon as a short sword or a short knife.

“A fist?” Qin Yu says in surprise.

The flaming red crystal he obtained is approximately 1 m high and as thick as a human thigh. It is much larger than a fist.

“Is it even smaller than a fist? Then it can only be made into a weapon such as a dagger and the like. But that’s still pretty good. At least you’ll have a high-Xian-grade weapon.” Lian Yan says laughingly. Only now does Qin Yu beside him understand what he means. He cannot help bursting out laughing.

“You’re wrong, Grandpa Lian. The piece of ore I found is very big and looks like a rod. It is 1 m high and as thick as a human thigh. It’s much bigger than a fist,” says Qin Yu while gesticulating with his hands.

Lian Yan’s eyes immediately pop out of his head. His cheeks even redden.

“A rod … even 1 m high?”

Lian Yan is not Qin Yu. He thinks about many other things. Such a large piece of ore, and even of the high Xian-grade, will probably be enough to make several tens weapons. And they will be the most marvelous weapons of the high Xian-grade, no less!

Several tens weapons, what kind of idea is this?

“Of course it’s true. You needn’t ask.” Qin Yu feels at a loss when Lian Yan keeps asking again and again. However, he does not understand that this is because Lian Yan cannot believe what he said. If a pie was dropped from the sky, anybody would find it very hard to believe temporarily.

“Quick, let me have a look at it.” Lian Yan immediately says to Qin Yu, who nods his agreement at once. He then hurries Lian Yan to that underground secret room.

In the underground secret room, Lian Yan’s eyes glitter as he sees the flaming red crystal.

The flaming red crystal radiates a light red glow. It is very lustrous and clear. And even the grain inside the crystal can be seen. As soon as Lian Yan sees the crystal’s appearance, he knows this piece of ore is a priceless treasure. When compared with it, pearls and agates pale into insignificance.

Lian Yan gives his waist a pull. A purple flexible sword unexpectedly appears. He makes shaking movement with his hand and the purple flexible sword is straightened out perfectly at once. It then turns into a purple shaft of light and slashes at the flaming red crystal.

“As expected.” Lian Yan’s eyes shine with fierceness as he stares directly at the flaming red crystal before him: “Even my Purple Core flexible sword cannot damage it. It’s definitely high Xian-grade.” Lian Yan turns to Qin Yu on one side and says seriously: “Xiao Yu, such a priceless treasure must be taken to the princely mansion at once. If you want any superb weapons, you can ask Mr. Hei, a forging grandmaster, to make them for you. With such a big crystal, after you’ve forged your weapons and suit of armor, there’ll surely be some remnants. I think giving your father the remnants is not a bad idea, don’t you think?”

Hearing Lian Yan’s words, Qin Yu immediately understands everything.

The weapons made from such a priceless piece of ore will definitely be superb weapons. If these weapons are sent to his father, his father will surely be able to unleash their power in war. And Qin Yu never cares about money or treasures.

“No problem, I only need a tenth of this flaming red crystal. I’ll give father the rest.” Qin Yu says with a smile.

Looking at Qin Yu, Lian Yan’s eyes are full of approval: “Xiao Yu, you’re so young but you’re not bewitched by such a priceless treasure. Your mind has really far surpassed ordinary people’s minds.” When a person can stay unconcerned in front of such a priceless treasure, this person’s mind definitely cannot be matched by those of ordinary people. If a martial artist wants to make breakthroughs, their mind must be well-matched to their martial prowess.

Seeing the look in Lian Yan’s eyes, Qin Yu says: “Grandpa Lian, don’t look at me like that or I’ll get embarrassed.” He even looks very shy as he is saying. Seeing this, Lian Yan cannot help laughing out loud.

A person must cultivate their mind. As he has gone through difficult times, Qin Yu is such a person. Every time he breaks through a limit, his mind is trained, and he has been doing limit training since 8 years old, therefore his mind is much tougher than ordinary people’s.

Generally, people who are alone are independent and self-reliant. This is because if a person is usually alone they will naturally ponder.

Pondering about life, pondering about their own values, the more they ponder, the more thoroughly they can understand things.

Qin Yu is also like that. As a child, oftentimes he was alone and watched stars by himself. Later, after experiencing some events, his mind has fully matured. Now he totally understands what kind of person he should be -- To him, nothing in the world is as thick as blood or as important as family relationships. As far as money and treasures are concerned, if he already has enough to meet his basic needs, what is the use of having more? When 20,000 liang of silver are enough for a person to spend all their life, what is the point of wanting 100,000 liang? Therefore, he is naturally not greedy.

People have dreams. Qin Yu also has a dream. To him, family love comes first and his dream comes second. As for his own life, without family love and dreams, living would be no different from being a zombie.

Qin Yu likes the blood-boiling feeling he has after every time he breaks through a limit. He likes close-quarters combat and the intense emotions the moment life and death are decided. Qin Yu’s dream is to burn his passion of life like a meteor. To him, life must be blood-boiling like this…

“Grandpa Lian, have you arranged for someone to deliver this flaming red crystal to the mansion?” Qin Yu says with a smile.

“Right, I’ll make arrangements immediately.” Lian Yan says hurriedly. In dealing with serious matters, he must not relax his concentration a bit. He goes to make arrangements at once. Qin Yu takes a look at the flaming red crystal and thinks: “I didn’t think this crystal would be so useful to father. This can also be considered a benefit.” Then he turns around and leaves the secret room while smiling.

In a separate courtyard in the East Vanquishing Prince mansion, quite a few people have gathered together by this time, including East Vanquishing Prince’s 3 sons, Lian Yan and Manager Ge Min. There are also 3 bare-chested large men and a black-clad middle-aged man. All of them are looking at the flaming red crystal in the center.

“Is it possible to forge it, Mr. Hei?” Lian Yan asks the black-clad middle-aged man.

The black-clad middle-aged man does not reply. He goes up to the flaming red crystal, opens his eyes wide and carefully examines every place of the crystal. His attention is being concentrated highly. Seeing him acting like that, Qin Yu and the others on the side are all consciously unwilling to disturb this forging grandmaster.

End of b2c12.

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    Is that more like glistened with unshed tears? I normally associate eyes glittering with some breakthrough insight or unwholesome intent.

Is Xiao Lu still missing an arm? She lost an arm during the bandit attack right? Was it restored somehow?
    Thanks. The author actually wrote "her eyes radiate various light rays of different colors." I just used 'glitter' b/c it is much shorter. But 'glisten' is more logical in that situation so I amended the chapter as you suggested.

Xiao Lu's severed arm has never been restored.

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post

One arm piper...
    Yeah, that confused me too. I guess it's a piper which you put one end inside your mouth, so it's possible to play the notes with just 1 arm.
    Last edited by he-man; 09-14-13 at 10:24 PM.
    My page

thxxxx he-man..........

Thanks !!!

Thank you he-man

Thanks for TWO updates today.

Yeah, that confused me too. I guess it's a piper which you put one end inside your mouth, so it's possible to play the notes with just 1 arm.
    It's possible to play pan-pipes with a single hand.
    The author uses both Eastern & Western "cosmology", so he may have also intended "pipe" to mean a sort of harmonica.

Pan-Pipe:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=pan-...&bih=887&dpr=1
    panpipes-panflutes-curved-mamani-II-15-1.jpg
    Last edited by Ahoxan; 09-14-13 at 01:24 AM.

Thanks he-man. Waiting faithfully
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    Thanks for TWO updates today.

It's possible to play pan-pipes with a single hand.
    The author uses both Eastern & Western "cosmology", so he may have also intended "pipe" to mean a sort of harmonica.

Pan-Pipe:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=pan-...&bih=887&dpr=1
    panpipes-panflutes-curved-mamani-II-15-1.jpg
    Good one!
    When we think about "pipe", in wuxia, we tend to think of flute (with holes for notes, which needs 2 hands). Like Huang Yaoshi. Either that or this girl smokes...

B2C13: Forging grandmaster (3)

The black-clad middle-aged man examines for a long time, then, with his face full of extreme satisfaction, he turns to Qin Yu and exclaims in admiration: “Originally I thought this kind of priceless treasure could only be seen in the Immense Wilderness, the most dangerous place in the world. But 3rd Prince found this priceless treasure on the ordinary Dong Lan Mountain. This is really unbelievable.”

“I was just lucky,” says Qin Yu with a smile.

The black-clad middle-aged man turns to Lian Yan and says: “Senior Lian, since Mount Dong Lan had such a priceless treasure, you’ve searched again in the surroundings of this crystal, haven’t you?”

“Of course I searched.” Lian Yan shakes his head and says with a sigh: “But this kind of rare natural treasure can only be obtained by people with a predestined affinity with it. Xiao Yu found this treasure accidentally, but the several hundred experts I sent didn’t see a bit of ore even after turning the whole rocky forest over and shattering all the huge rocks.”

But Qin Feng says: “This flaming red crystal alone should already be enough for us. It was Xiao Yu’s destiny to find this flaming red crystal. So, when we searched again relentlessly, we shouldn’t be disheartened despite getting nothing.”

“That’s right. I’ve never heard of such a big chunk of first-class ore.” The black-clad middle-aged man stares at the flaming red crystal as if he is a cat looking at a fish.

“Mr. Hei, are you sure you can forge this flaming red crystal?” Qin Yu on one side asks. All the other people immediately stare at this forging grandmaster. Forging is not simple at all. Even when good materials are ready, it still requires a good forging expert.

East Vanquishing Prince actually had to pay a very high price in the past to obtain the services of this Mr. Hei. He has been staying in the princely mansion for over 10 years.

Mr. Hei shakes his head. All the others are stupefied.

“I can’t be certain without trying first.” With a grab, Mr. Hei takes off his black gown, revealing the naked top half of his body. He cannot help smiling slightly. It is only because he is extremely excited that he smiles. “It’s been a long time since I was in action with my entire power.”

“Bring me the Blue Flaming Water.” Mr. Hei gives an order.

“Yes!” A bare-chested large man immediately goes back to his room. After a while, he brings out a glass bottle. The bottle is containing a blue liquid. The strangest thing is that there is unexpectedly a light-colored layer of flames on the surface of this blue liquid.

Mr. Hei receives the glass bottle. Suddenly his hands start to redden. A heat flow starts to permeate through the air.

The eyes of the 3 bare-chested large men on one side all glitter.

“Master is finally getting into action. It’s been a very long time since we saw he was this serious.”

“Master’s Sky Burning Art has already reached the highest level. How formidable it is in action, I wonder?” The 3 large men are discussing with each other. These men are none other than Mr. Hei’s 3 personal disciples so naturally the East Vanquishing Prince mansion has placed emphasis on training them as well.

Qin Yu, Qin Feng, Qin Zheng, Lian Yan and Ge Min are all also watching this Mr. Hei.

Mr. Hei removes the glass bottle’s stopper. At the same time, he slightly tilts the bottle in his hand. The Blue Flaming Water immediately drops onto the flaming red crystal at once, causing a series of “ss ss” noises. The Blue Flaming Water is changing violently.

“This flaming red crystal is truly formidable. Even the Blue Flaming Water can’t leave a mark on it.” A disciple of Mr. Hei’s says in amazement.

After a while, that Blue Flaming Water has turned into a membrane which completely covers the flaming red crystal.

“Humph!” Mr. Hei utters a cold humph. His eyes suddenly glitter. His 2 hands immediately spew 2 streams of incandescent flames out directly onto the membrane on the surface of the flaming red crystal. That membrane is what the Blue Flaming Water changed into. However, the flaming red crystal unexpectedly remains unaffected.

“Martial brother, even Master’s Sky Burning Flames coupled with the Blue Flaming Water couldn’t leave a mark on it. How is this possible?” A disciple of Mr. Hei’s is shocked.

“Not even high-Xian-grade crystals can remain intact under Master’s Sky Burning Flames. This …” Another disciple also becomes doubtful.

The excitement in Mr. Hei’s eyes heightens. Suddenly his face becomes very red then turns ashen. At the same time the flames on his hands start to shrink. However, the temperature in the courtyard suddenly increases.

“So strong.” Qin Yu is shocked. He can totally feel how terrifying the flames are. In his mind, he has a feeling that … he is definitely no match for Mr. Hei. He even feels that the air in the entire courtyard has started to vibrate because of the high temperature.

Qin Yu’s guess is totally correct. Not only is this Mr. Hei a forging grandmaster, he has also reached the peak of the Xiantian level. He is one of the very best experts among East Vanquishing Prince’s subordinates.

“The special flames produced from Xiantian internal energy are much more formidable than ordinary flames. General Xian-grade ores can only be melted by flames like these.” Qin Yu praises Mr. Hei highly in his mind. But as soon as he takes a look at that flaming red crystal, he is dumbfounded.

Under such conditions, the flaming red crystal is still unimpaired.

“Humph!” Mr. Hei’s face suddenly blackens. “Bang!” With a loud bang, Mr. Hei’s entire body sends forth flames, which even burn away all of his clothes, except for his shorts. This pair of shorts is unexpectedly made of black gold threads.

Mr. Hei’s school obviously knew that when he utilized his internal energy to the utmost his whole body would send forth flames, therefore this black gold pair of shorts was passed down to him. Because they were knitted out of black gold threads, they are a real masterpiece. Only after saving for a long time did the elders in Mr. Hei’s school have that much black gold.

“That pair of shorts seems to be made of the same material as my black gold undershirt.” Qin Yu thinks to himself.

At the same time, the flames on Mr. Hei’s hands shrink even more, but they also become increasingly more incandescent. Heat waves start rolling in the entire courtyard one after another. All of the people around cannot help backing away a long distance.

“What flames! Even Xiantian experts’ bodies will be burnt up by them without leaving any ashes.” Qin Yu praises highly in his mind. Such flames can even melt Xian-grade ores, not to mention the human body.

Qin Yu and his 2 brothers, Lian Yan … and the 3 disciples as well all stare at the flaming red crystal, hoping that this crystal can melt. If it cannot even be melted, how are they going to forge something out of it? As every second goes by, everybody’s eyes totally focus on the flaming red crystal.

Suddenly --

“Pu!” Mr. Hei spits out a mouthful of blood. The color of his face changes from being black to very white. In an instant, the flames on his whole body disappear as well.

“Master!” A disciple from behind immediately hands clothes to him. After getting dressed, Mr. Hei looks at the flaming red crystal and lets out a deep sigh. Then he turns around, looks at Qin Yu and the other people and says: “Gentlemen, I have no way to deal with this flaming red crystal.”

Seeing that Mr. Hei’s face is so pale, everybody knows that this forging grandmaster has tried his best.

“How is this possible? Mr. Hei, didn’t you forge this superb high-Xian-grade weapon for me some years ago? How come you can’t even melt the crystal now?” Qin Feng, grasping the battle knife on his waist, asks Mr. Hei. When Qin Feng reached the Xiantian level, in order to reward him, Qin De had a chunk of a high-Xian-grade ore forged into a superb weapon and gave it to Qin Feng.

Mr. Hei looks at the battle knife, shakes his head and says with a smile: “Idiot, you still don’t get it? This is certainly because this flaming red crystal is already superior to the high Xian-grade.”

Startled, Qin Yu asks doubtfully: “Could it be the highest grade of ores isn’t the high Xian-grade?” In Qin Yu’s mind, weapons are divided into mundane-grade ones and Xian-grade ones. In theory, the high Xian-grade should represent the best quality possible. How can there still be something ranked higher than the high Xian-grade?

“All of you know nothing.” Mr. Hei’s eyes radiate loftiness.

In the forging business, he is definitely a figure at the top of the pyramid.

“That so-called division of weapons into the mundane grade and the Xian grade only applies to us mortals. I’m asking you, what weapons do Shangxian use? Humph, even a high-Xian-grade battle knife, when coming up against a Shangxian’s flying sword, will be pierced through easily like paper.” There is a hint of loftiness on the corners of Mr. Hei’s mouth.

Everybody present is immediately shocked.

That is true. Because Shangxian can hover on the 9th level of the sky and kill an enemy from thousands of li away, what must the grade of their weapons be? Actually, Qin Yu and the others have heard that those flying swords can fly extremely far and kill someone from thousands of li away and, moreover, not even high Xian-grade weapons can withstand them.

“Mundane grade and Xian grade are merely terms coined by us mortals. The scope of our understanding is only that big. It’s simply impossible for us to imagine the world of Shangxian. This flaming red crystal, if I guess correctly, should be a material to forge Shangxian weapons.” Staring at the flaming red crystal, Mr. Hei says very firmly.

Qin Yu looks at the flaming red crystal. It is still intact and emits a light red glow.

“What’s the use of this flaming red crystal? It can’t even be melted, how can it be forged into weapons?” Qin Feng shakes his head and says. Everybody, including Lian Yan and Qin Yu, has a powerless expression on his face. That is right. They cannot even melt it, how can they make weapons out of it?

Qin Yu shakes his head and says with a smile: “Forget it. When even Mr. Hei can’t melt it, there aren’t any people in the world who can melt and forge it.”

“Well, don’t be so disappointed, Third Prince. I have no way to melt it. But there’s still a real forging grandmaster who can melt and forge it,” says Mr. Hei with a smile. Hearing this, everyone looks at him in doubt, including his 3 disciples.

A real forging grandmaster?

“There’s still a forging grandmaster more capable than Mr. Hei?” Qin Zheng says doubtfully. All the people present are looking at Mr. Hei in doubt.

Mr. Hei says with a confident smile: “All of you don’t know about this so I’ll tell you a secret, but don’t spread it. Actually, not only is a Shangxian an invincible expert, at the same time … he is definitely a forging expert as well.”

“Oh?” All of the people present know that Shangxian are invincible and that their flying swords can kill people very easily. However, they do not know anything about Shangxian’s level in forging.

“All Shangxian can use a kind of flame. That flame is much more formidable than the flame of my internal energy. With that kind of flame, won’t it be very easy to forge a weapon? In fact, you’ll all understand if you think about it. Every Shangxian has at least a flying sword, but where do their flying swords come from? Could they be dropped from the sky, or are they forged?” Mr. Hei says to everyone in a mysterious manner.

Only now does everyone realize what he means.

“Right, I’ll send for Shangxian Fengyuzi at once,” says Lian Yan immediately.

However, Qin Yu looks up and gives a whistle. He then looks at everyone and says: “Xiao Hei has the fastest speed. Xiao Hei and I will go to invite Uncle Feng.” In a moment, a beam of black light shoots down directly from the sky. It is none other than the black eagle. Qin Yu gets on its back like a flash. The black eagle then utters an eagle cry and flies outward directly extremely fast.

End of b2c13.
    Last edited by he-man; 09-15-13 at 12:01 AM.
    My page

thanks for the update... Much appreciated!
    Last edited by szfong; 09-14-13 at 11:37 PM.

He-man. Thank you for a wonderful Sunday morning read.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.