Page 16 of 266 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Stellar Transformations [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Thx he-man

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    LOL...

I think a lot of the English speaking community are heavily influenced by the concept of "Separation of Church & State".
    English speakers tend to automatically link "holy" with the Judeo-Christian concept of the "Christian God" and monotheism.

I personally like the word "divine" better than "holy" for wuxia/xanxia...
    ... because it's too easy for me to unintentionally & automatically link "holy" with Christianity monotheism.
    And for me... "divine" has a greater connotation of "the quality & essence" of skill & power.

Agreed....

nice terms......

holy, divine, celestial, heavenly, godly - whatever
    So long as QY beats the holy sh1t out of them...

The story so far - to quote Robin - "Holy smoke, Batman!"

Thank you, He-man. May the power of grayskul be with you

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I have a question about the tribulations. Do they occur on their own, or does the practitioner summon them to attempt to surpass? I'm not quite understanding why that mysterious man would go through the final tribulation right after being weary and injured fighting so many powerful fighters. You would think being thousands of years old would give him a bit more patience !
    They are not summoned, they are visited upon an individual when they reach a certain level of cultivation. A Xiuzhen practitioner should be able to sense the approach of their tribulation, so the mystery man would have known it was approaching. Just a case of bad timing.

Book 3: Four-in-Nine Heavenly Tribulation

B3C1: The 1st Trans-Heaven diagram (1)

“Trash! Trash! Trash!!!”

“Bang!” The ink stone is thrown on the ground fiercely and shatters completely.

Xiang Guang stares at the hook-nosed man like a wild beast that wants to swallow people and angrily rebukes: “You piece of trash. Even Zhen Xu has already been killed. What happened actually? You must tell me everything in detail. Otherwise … you won’t be the secret service’s head anymore.”

Xiang Guang is so angry that he has become muddled.

The hook-nosed man’s heart skips a beat. As a secret service chief who knows a lot of secrets about the Emperor, if he no longer held this postion, there would be only one result -- he would be erased! An idea springs to his mind. He immediately bows and says: “Your Majesty, according to my investigation, killing Zhen Xu was exactly one of the Heavenly Net’s gold card missions. Even though we don’t know who undertook the mission, judging by the scene of the incident, we can confirm one thing, that is, the murderer of Zhen Xu is a silver card assassin!”

“Trash, I know very well about Zhen Xu’s power, silver card assassin? Bullshit, even his subordinates, the Nalan brother and sister, would’ve been able to deal with a silver card assassin easily. Both of them were Xiantian experts and Zhen Xu was even much stronger than them in overall power. You said such 3 people had been killed by a silver card assassin. Do you think I can believe it? Or perhaps, you think I’m an idiot,” says Xiang Guang while staring at the hook-nosed man.

The hook-nosed man smiles bitterly in his mind. He told the truth but the Emperor does not believe it.

“Your Majesty, Zhen Xu was extremely powerful. His personal security was totally taken care of by himself so I know nothing about it. This time there was the mask of a silver card assassin left at the scene after he was killed, but I think the murderer must be a gold card assassin who confused Zhen Xu by wearing a silvery mask. Zhen Xu was only murdered after being led to underestimate his enemy,” says the hook-nosed man hurriedly.

Xiang Guang ponders for a long time. Seeing that Xiang Guang seems not to believe him, the hook-nosed man comes up with an idea and says: “Your Majesty, there is another possibility, that is, East Vanquishing Prince Qin De disliked being hindered by Zhen Xu so he sent top-class experts to kill him. Even those fragments of a silvery mask were probably used by East Vanquishing Prince to confuse us.”

The hook-nosed man thinks to himself: “East Vanquishing Prince, sorry. At this crucial moment I can only force everything on you.” The hook-nosed man understands very clearly that, because Xiang Guang has always been suspicious of Qin De, if he blames everything on Qin De he will probably succeed.

Indeed!

“Correct. It must’ve been Qin De. He wants to rebel but he worried that Zhen Xu would find out about this so he sent someone to kill him. He was afraid that I would discover this is his deed so he tried to fool me with a broken silvery mask. Humph, this idiot, why didn’t he use a broken golden mask? Wouldn’t it have made the whole thing more believable?” Xiang Guang talks to himself, his eyes glittering with coldness. “However, I’m not that easy to deceive. Qin De, you want to rebel, I have no doubts about this. This time you killed Zhen Xu, breaking one of my wings. Good! Good!!!”

Xiang Guang is extremely furious.

Zhen Xu was very important to him. During the last over 20 years, whenever Xiang Guang experienced difficulty in finding out if someone was disloyal or hostile to him or had a great treasure and so on he always sent Zhen Xu to investigate and handle the matter. And Zhen Xu never disappointed him. Having Zhen Xu, Xiang Guang could just sit back and relax.

Despite Qin De’s artifices, Zhen Xu was still able to find out many secrets of East Vanquishing Prince. Zhen Xu was obviously very important to Xiang Guang.

However, Zhen Xu is already dead.

Even though there are still many spies under the command of the intelligence chief, these spies are far less formidable than Zhen Xu. To Xiang Guang, the death of Zhen Xu is equivalent to the loss of one wing so how can he not be furious? How can he not gnash his teeth? Moreover, he directs all of this intense hatred of the murderer towards Qin De.

He has been suffering from a recurring nightmare for so many years. Then recently he discovered that Qin De wants to rebel. Now the person he values the most, Zhen Xu, has also been killed by Qin De.

“Qin De, if I don’t destroy your Qin clan, how can I be satisfied?” Xiang Guang crushes the teacup in his hand with a firm grip. His eyes are blazing with fury. At this moment, Xiang Guang makes another decision in his mind. “Tell Yi Yan to come to my place. You can leave first.”

The hook-nosed man secretly lets out a sigh of relief because Xiang Guang obviously will not take out his anger on him because of this matter. To him, being in a mornarch’s company is just like being in a tiger’s company. Every time he does something near the Emperor, he must be extremely careful.

“Yes, I take my leave.” The hook-nosed man bows and says.

Xiang Guang then stays motionless in the imperial study, staring at the shattered ink stone. Even though his eyes are focusing on the shattered ink stone, he is obviously thinking about something else. In a short while, footsteps can be heard outside.

“Yi Yan, come on in.” Xiang Guang’s voice rises.

The door opens and an unusual-and-evil-looking young man comes in. This is none other than Yi Yan, the head of the Dominant Dragon Corps. While those spies only investigate and gather information, this Dominant Dragon Corps is the secret force which destroys every single enemy of the Xiang royal clan in the dark.

Yi Yan looks extremely evil and unusual. He has the face of a young man but actually he has reached the Xiantian level for over 40 years. This is mostly because a Xiantian expert can live 500 years and once they reach the Xiantian level their aging will slow down.

“Your Majesty.” Yi Yan slightly bows and says.

Xiang Guang thinks for a while then gnashes his teeth and says: “Alright, tell that Zhu San that I have agreed. But every material in the body of that demonic beast saber-toothed tiger must go to me, especially those 16 sharp swords. Not even one of them can be missing.”

Yi Yan raises his eyebrows. With the corners of his mouth slightly curving upward, he bows and says: “Your Majesty is brilliant. That Zhu San has guaranteed that as long as he has a Trans-Heaven digram he will deliver the whole corpse of the demonic beast saber-toothed tiger without keeping anything back.”

“This is good.” Xiang Guang gives a cold smile. “I don’t think that Zhu San will dare to pull any tricks on me.”

Zhu San is known by reputation as the no. 1 magnate on the Qian Long continent and is based in the Ming kingdom. His business has spread all over the whole Qian Long continent. His influence is extremely great. Using some unknow method, a group of his elite subordinates was able to kill a demonic beast.

A demonic beast saber-toothed tiger looks like a huge tiger with 16 sword-like sharp spikes on the back. All of the spikes are extremely sharp and can match high Xian-grade weapons in power. Furthermore, the sharp claws of a saber-toothed tiger can be turned into weapons. Therefore, killing a saber-toothed tiger is just like finding a living treasure store.

Perhaps only Shangxian can be as formidable as saber-toothed tigers. Heaven knows what method Zhu San used to kill one.

“Your Majesty, Magnate Zhu San has a whole lot of secret bases. Because this time they killed the saber-toothed tiger in the Wilderness, they are currently staying in a secret base in a city near the Wilderness. They can’t openly transport the tiger to the Ming dynasty so they will have no choice but to cut it up in that city first then bring the body parts back in turn. However, that city is located in none other than the 3 Eastern region counties.” Yi Yan bows and says.

Hearing this, Xiang Guang also understands that this matter is rather troublesome.

The Immense Wilderness is in the easternmost part of the continent and the Chu kingdom is next to the Wilderness. The 3 Eastern region counties of the Chu kingdom are the 3 counties adjacent to the Wilderness. Generally, anyone who wants to enter the Immense Wilderness will have to pass the 3 Eastern region counties. However, these 3 Eastern region counties are under Qin De’s control.

In the past Qin De would not have dared to snatch the tiger’s body openly but it is hard to tell what the current Qin De will do.

“Yi Yan, tell your father Elder Yi to personally lead a group of experts to the 3 Eastern region counties and trade with them.” Xiang Guang solemnly gives an order. Yi Yan says respectfully at once: “Yes, as long as my father goes into action, nothing can go wrong.”

Xiang Guang suddenly bursts out laughing: “Ha-ha, I only have the 2nd Trans-Heaven diagram. Without gathering all 3 Trans-Heaven diagrams, it’s simply impossible to find out that vague mysterious technique from it. Moreover, throughout history, many talented people including even Xiuzhenists have obtained the diagrams or collected all 3 of them but no one has ever found out their secret. I only have 1 diagram so it’s useless. Trading 1 useless Trans-Heaven diagram for a saber-toothed tiger can also be considered something worth doing.”

Yi Yan bows and says: “That Zhu San is just fond of collecting treasures. He only wants to collect 1 diagram to satisfy his curiosity.”

“Alright, Yi Yan, there must be no mistake this time. By getting that saber-toothed tiger, I’ll have quite a lot of high Xian-grade weapons. Not only Elder Yi, you must also dispatch several more Xiantian experts. Remember, there must be no mistake,” says Xiang Guang again.

If the saber-toothed tiger’s body is snatched by Qin De, it will be no different from Xiang Guang himself giving Qin De a wedding present. Giving Qin De a batch of good weapons instead of getting them for himself, Xiang Guang definitely cannot allow this possibility to happen.

“Don’t worry, Your Majesty. When my father goes into action, he shall not disappoint you.” Yi Yan bows and says.

Thinking about Yi Yan’s father Elder Yi, Xiang Guang also feels assured.

End of b3c1.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    I like "divine energy" as a translation better, but I know what the Chinese characters represent.

See the wiki entry on reiki (same kanji) for some ideas about lingqi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reiki
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    he-man, thanks for the hard work and excellent translation.

"holy" & "divine" have essentially the same meaning.
    But I also like "divine" better when describing wuxia/xanxia powers.

"holy" has the connotation of something dedicated to God... and feels too religious.
    "divine" has more of a "god-like" connotation...
    ... and seems more fitting to describe attributions of god-like qualities of the powers & skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    Why are people so scared of religious? Maybe we should take out Taoist and Buddhist references too. That must feel awfully religious to some people.

Good work He-man
    The reason why I've been using "holy" instead of "divine" has nothing to do with religion. It's just that I have to save "divine" for later, more important uses . I was torn between them when I first translated the word "ling qi."

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I have a question about the tribulations. Do they occur on their own, or does the practitioner summon them to attempt to surpass? I'm not quite understanding why that mysterious man would go through the final tribulation right after being weary and injured fighting so many powerful fighters. You would think being thousands of years old would give him a bit more patience !
    Nah, a tribulation automatically comes down from the sky when a Xiuzhenist's energy reaches a certain level. The mysterious man was just caught with pants down by Heaven.
    Last edited by he-man; 09-26-13 at 02:44 AM.
    My page
    Stellar Transformations Glossary

NO SPOILERS ARE ALLOWED IN THE TRANSLATION THREAD!

TO POST AND DISCUSS SPOILERS, GO TO THE SPOILER THREAD!

Thanks for a new update!

Thanks he-man !!! The story is getting better and better.

Did Xiang Guang have two of the three trans heaven diagrams? Zhen Xu had the first diagram and had mentioned that Xiang Guang might be tired of waiting for him to research it, implying that Xiang Guang knew about it. Xiang Guang seems rather unconcerned that he's lost the first one if he knew Zhen Xu had it.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

i am guessing Qin De has the last one...

Much better than Google translate...

All credit should goes to He Man,

I take a ff reading by google and I simply can't stop.. Really interesting (should stop now coz I will loose the striking effect).
    Ling chi or Rei Ki or should we call inner energy?... Translating to qi think is a considerable option.

Tq He Man

B3C2: The 1st Trans-Heaven diagram (2)

In a town of the 3 Eastern region counties there is a small private house bought by Qin Yu. When he became a silver card assassin he had earned a lot of money so he bought more than 10 dwellings in the 3 Eastern region counties in order that ordinarily they would provide housing for him.

“Auntie Zhang, there’s no need to bring it into the hall. Just put it directly on this stone table. Today I’ll have dinner in the courtyard,” says Qin Yu with a smile. By now Qin Yu has already changed back to his real appearance. The black eagle, however, has gone somewhere to find food.

An auntie dressed in a large white cotton-padded jacket puts the meal on the stone table beside Qin Yu while smiling broadly: “Xiao Yu, then enjoy your meal here. I’m going back now.”

This Auntie Zhang is from a nearby hotel. When Qin Yu stays here for his body to recover, he usually tells the people of the hotel to bring the meals to his house directly. He is also very free. After all, his father Qin De, his big brother and his 2nd brother are making preparations for the army together whereas Qin Yu simply cannot take part in it.

“Luckily I have the Meteoric Tear’s mysterious clear streams. Otherwise Heaven only knows when my left arm will be able to recover.” Qin Yu cannot help groaning in his mind as he takes a look at his own left arm.

Qin Yu’s left arm was pierced 2 holes by the light Zhen Xu shot out from his fingers before his death. These injuries were very serious, but thanks to various clear streams from the Meteoric Tear permeating through the arm, these shocking injuries unexpectedly recovered very fast. In only 3 days, there are only shallow scars left on Qin Yu’s left arm and not 2 shocking holes as in the past.

Not long after he finishes dinner, the black eagle returns.

“Xiao Hei, you still remember to return, brat? You went out yesterday but only now do you get back. Really, you found a pretty female eagle, didn’t you? Seeing a female eagle, you forgot me instantly. You’re really a perverted eagle.” Qin Yu strikes the black eagle’s head with a chopstick and says laughingly.

As soon as the black eagle hears that, it cannot help raising its head, looking very disdainful.

It is obvious that the black eagle simply looks down upon ordinary female eagles.

“Hah, you’re still so arrogant. Ah, I’ve been recovering for the last 3 days so I haven’t examined that Trans-Heaven diagram.” Qin Yu’s eyes brighten. He immediately goes inside the house. The black eagle blinks curiously a couple of times and also follows him inside the house.

“Hah!” Qin Yu extends his hand and forms a claw. He makes a grab at a huge brick-like stone on the floor of the house. With an easy wave of the hand, the stone block is thrown on one side. Under the original place of the stone block, there are 2 iron cases. Qin Yu takes out one of them.

“Trans-Heaven diagrams, I’ve heard of them but I’ve never seen any.” Qin Yu gives a ha-ha laugh. His hand continuously pokes the iron case several times. Following a clack, a keyhole appears on the iron case.

Qin Yu raises his eyebrows and smilingly takes out from his bosom a key, which was taken from Nalan Feng’s body. When Nalan Feng was hiding this key at that time, he saw very clearly. After inserting the key in the keyhole, Qin Yu gently turns it.

Clack!

Hearing the expected sound, Qin Yu gives a smile. After opening the iron case, he sees 2 things inside. One is a confidential letter and the other is a square jade block. That jade block radiates a gentle multicolored light and is obviously different from ordinary jade blocks. It is very extraordinary.

“A secret letter? To Xiang Guang?” Qin Yu rips the envelope open and takes out the letter.

As he reads the letter, his face slightly changes color. The contents of this confidential letter are mostly about 2 things. First is the Trans-Heaven diagram. And second is Qin De’s rebellion. It describes in great detail some rebellious acts by Qin De and even has information about some special armies of the 3 Eastern region counties.

Qin Yu thinks with a sigh: “Phew, really dangerous. This Zhen Xu’s investigation is very clear and detailed. There are many things that even I don’t know about. If Xiang Guang knew about them, it’d be terrible. Luckily I stopped this letter.”

Qin Yu, however, does not know that generally Zhen Xu could only review his information and write a confidential letter about his investigation’s most recent results after quite some time. The account of some special armies of the 3 Eastern region counties in this letter intercepted by Qin Yu is Zhen Xu’s greatest achievement during his stay in the 3 Eastern region counties.

Some special armies will produce special effects in war. A surprise army must catch the enemy unawares. However, if the enemy knows about the existence of these armies and makes preparations first, then the element of surprise will no longer exist.

Too bad, Xiang Guang will never know these pieces of information.

After all, Zhen Xu is already dead and this letter was also intercepted. Even if he sends someone else to the 3 Eastern region counties to be the intelligence head here, it will be difficult for them to find out something. The fellow who is Zhen Xu’s predecessor was the intelligence head of the region for over 10 years but he could not gather any important information. It is very hard to find an espionage genius like Zhen Xu.

Wham ~~

His right hand makes a grasp. A powerful blast of air encircles his palm and turns the letter into powder.

“The letter has been destroyed. That dirty dog Xiang Guang will never know jack about it,” thinks Qin Yu. His eyes cannot help radiating coldness. He knows his mother was murdered by that dirty dog Xiang Guang and he must avenge his mother’s death, how can he not detest Xiang Guang?

Bang! Bang!

2 loud and clear noises rising arouse Qin Yu’s attention. As soon as he takes a look, he becomes very worried: “Xiao Hei, don’t mess around. Your beak is very sharp. Do you want to smash this Trans-Heaven diagram?” As Qin Yu is saying he makes Xiao Hei move away with a push.

“Good, it’s not broken.” Qin Yu looks at the Trans-Heaven diagram. Only when he sees that the square jade block of this Trans-Heaven diagram still remains intact does he secretly let out a sigh of relief. He turns around and looks angrily at Xiao Hei. However, Xiao Hei flaps its wings a couple of times and shakes its head, looking very self-satisfied.

The 3 Trans-Heaven square jade blocks have been around for Heaven knows how many years. These treasures are not ordinary jade so they will not be destroyed that easily.

“I won’t waste time on you. Now I’m going to research this Trans-Heaven diagram once.” Holding the Trans-Heaven diagram, Qin Yu comes out of the room and enters the courtyard. At night, he likes to be bathed in starlight the most. Staying under the starry sky late at night gives him a distinct feeling.

It got dark not long ago but Qin Yu has no problem seeing the Trans-Heaven diagram.

“This is the Trans-Heaven diagram. What’s the big deal? There’s nothing else except for some pictures.” Qin Yu looks at the diagram carefully for a long time and even performs a minute examination of it with his holy sense but he finds nothing other than those pictures on its surface.

The surface of the square jade block has the words -- First Trans-Heaven Diagram --, which are even written in the common language of the Qian Long continent.

There are various small pictures on the square jade block below those words, 36 unusually small pictures altogether. Each picture is a man performing a movement. All of the movements are very strange. At least Qin Yu thinks so.

Except for these 36 pictures, there is nothing else.

“What is this Trans-Heaven diagram actually? The 1st Trans-Heaven diagram has only 36 pictures. The man in these 36 pictures doesn’t even have any paths for internal energy circulation. There are only 36 strange movements. Could it be I only need to learn these movements?” says Qin Yu doubtfully.

He knows that for so many years the 3 Trans-Heaven diagrams have come into the possession of countless people but no one has ever found out their secret. If the secret was merely to learn the movements in the pictures, perhaps it would have been mastered in less than a year.

Qin Yu racks his brains and tries every means to research the diagram but by the time the Moon rises above the trees he still has not come up with any solution after wasting half an entire night.

“Forget it. Let’s try learning these movements first to see if they have any benefits.” Qin Yu suddenly stands up.

Thanks to his formidable holy sense he remembers every single movement of the 36 pictures completely. He starts to learn those movements in proper order at once. His body’s flexibility and toughness are absolutely very good.

But even so, he still feels very strange as he learns these strange movements.

However, he controls his temper and learns one movement after another. Because his body’s flexibility and toughness are extremely good, even though these movements are strange, he learns them very fast. One after another, the movements are executed …

“What’s going on? What’s happened to the world’s holy energy?” Qin Yu is shocked to discover that, as he performs the movements with his body, various streams of holy energy enter his body from all directions then permeate through his flesh and bone directly.

The absorbtion speed is extremely fast, much faster than the speed of absorbing internal energy.

When his internal energy disperses from the dantian, his flesh can only absorb some of it. By contrast, the world’s holy energy is permeating through his body directly and basically does not disperse.

What is actually happening? Is the secret of the Trans-Heaven diagram so simple?

Qin Yu does not know the answers to those questions. But he knows one thing -- at least, he likes these movements.

End of b3c2.

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    Did Xiang Guang have two of the three trans heaven diagrams? Zhen Xu had the first diagram and had mentioned that Xiang Guang might be tired of waiting for him to research it, implying that Xiang Guang knew about it. Xiang Guang seems rather unconcerned that he's lost the first one if he knew Zhen Xu had it.
    The author was not very clear about this but I think Xiang Guang's never had 2 diagrams. He would have had 2, though, if QY hadn't messed up ZX's plan. B/c ZXu's diagram was lost, Xiang Guang's only diagram will be pointless so he agrees to trade it for the tiger's corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by flawed View Post
    Much better than Google translate...

All credit should goes to He Man,

I take a ff reading by google and I simply can't stop.. Really interesting (should stop now coz I will loose the striking effect).
    Ling chi or Rei Ki or should we call inner energy?... Translating to qi think is a considerable option.

Tq He Man
    Thanks for your suggestion, but internal energy and holy energy are 2 different concepts. Besides, ling energy/ling weapons/ling etc. are the cornerstones of the Xianxia genre's terminology, they have to be translated, otherwise the story will become hard to understand and confusing.
    Last edited by he-man; 09-26-13 at 12:14 PM.
    My page

Thanks. Looking forward to this...

thx he-man

heh? the "movements" is the secret?
    I'm sure others in the past must have tried it. If QY benefitted, others would have to...

Hope the next installment will clear this up.

got a theory that either the meteor tear was the reason or maybe its a set of moves for external expert not internal expert.

Quote Originally Posted by hirzy View Post
    got a theory that either the meteor tear was the reason or maybe its a set of moves for external expert not internal expert.
    good theory!
    [which would mean that the original stellar 'ultraman' followed the same path]

Thanks................
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    heh? the "movements" is the secret?
    I'm sure others in the past must have tried it. If QY benefitted, others would have to...
    Hirzy has it right. The Trans Heaven diagrams cultivate xiantian energy via external practice. This is a different path to conventional xiantian practice.

B3C3: A bolt from the blue (1)

The human body is a treasury. Many people have failed to completely unravel its mysteries in their lifetimes.

In the depths of Qin Yu’s body, his most basic cells are already different from those of ordinary people. He has been doing limit training for so many years, added to that his body has been absorbing internal energy and those fantastic clear streams from the Meteoric Tear, therefore his body’s cells have undergone some miraculous transformations.

However, as Qin Yu continuously performs those movements, his cells unexpectedly absorb the world’s holy energy nonstop and start to transform again.

Every single cell is like a bottomless pit because the holy energy streams which swarm into his body are swallowed up instantly. Even though holy energy is engulfing Qin Yu and has even turned into mist around him, so much holy energy is still very far from enough for his body to absorb.

There are so many cells in Qin Yu’s body and each of them has been absorbing so much. This goes to show that a human has limitless potential.

“These 36 mysterious pictures of this Trans-Heaven diagram are really miraculous.” Qin Yu restrains the excitement in his heart and concentrates his entire mind and energy on learning the 36 movements. He tries to perform every single movement to perfection, including the subtle movements of his fingers. He wants his movements and the pictures to be exactly alike.

Qin Yu discovers that, the more precise his movements are, the greater his holy energy absorption speed is.

He felt very awkward when he started to learn these 36 movements. However, as he continuously performs these movements, they become more and more perfect and eventually he finds doing these 36 movements so much comfortable, even to the point where all of the muscles and bones in his body feel comfortable inside out.

The Moon slowly goes down from above the trees and it gradually gets light but Qin Yu is still immersing himself in this set of movements. His movements are also becoming increasingly natural. Even though the movements are strange, Qin Yu no longer feels awkward or strange performing them.

Flowing and natural,

Qin Yu finally has this wonderful feeling. He has reached the most basic level in performing the 36 movements, where everything is flowing and natural. At this moment, the thing which shocks Qin Yu the most is that the holy energy engulfing him has transformed.

It is no longer a mist as in the past. Rather, it has formed 36 streams which are as thick as a human arm and are permeating into his body at a speed much faster than before. However, by the time he reaches the level where the holy energy around him turns into 36 arm-sized streams, it has been …

3 nights and 3 days!

3 whole nights and days, Qin Yu has not eaten for such a long time, totally immersing himself in this set of movements. Moreover, only when he stops now can he feel clearly his body’s changes.

“I’m fresh and cool and not hungry at all. This kind of feeling is pretty good.” Qin Yu’s eyes glitter. At this moment his heart is extremely excited. “It doesn’t matter what the secret of this Trans-Heaven diagram is, those pictures on its surface alone have already made me undergo such a great transformation. I’m already very satisfied.”

Now, even without the 1st Trans-Heaven diagram, Qin Yu will not care about it, because he has already learned by heart those 36 pictures.

Of course, Qin Yu does not believe that the secret of the Trans-Heaven diagram is those 36 simple pictures. If simply learning the pictures could lead to success, someone would definitely have found out the secret early. Moreover, Qin Yu does not believe that training his body alone will help him reach the level of that legendary man in the past.

“Xiao Hei!” Qin Yu looks at the black eagle, which is dozing in the courtyard, and calls laughingly.

Xiao Hei suddenly opens its eyes. Seeing that Qin Yu has finally stopped training, it flaps its wings in excitement. For the last 3 days it has been bored to death because of Qin Yu’s nonstop training.

“It’s been such a long time. I should go finalize the mission. If I keep delaying, perhaps the Heavenly Net will think that I’ve failed the mission,” thinks Qin Yu to himself. He immediately gets the iron case containing Zhen Xu’s head then sits on the black eagle’s back and leaves this small town.

The black eagle is flying at an extremely fast speed, like lightning.

……

“Now I’m also a gold card assassin.” Qin Yu, disguised thanks to the Appearance and Bone Changing art and wearing a golden mask, puts a large bunch of bank notes into his bosom and leaves a Heavenly Net branch. “Ha-ha, when that Heavenly Net executive knew that I was assassin Liu Xing, he unexpectedly got so enthusiastic. This has never happened before.”

Qin Yu thinks emotionally.

Just now when he submitted the mission, that executive treated him with real ardor. But after Qin Yu finalized the mission, the executive’s face turned ice-cold and served monotonously as usual. No wonder Qin Yu is so emotional.

Qin Yu, however, does not know that a gold card assassin has an extremely high status. Moreover, even gold card assassins are divided into high-class, middle-class and low-class.

An assassin who has killed an early phase Xiantian expert, an assassin who has killed a middle phase Xiantian expert, and an assassin who has killed a late phase Xiantian expert are all gold card assassins. However, these 3 gold card assassin, of course, cannot be valued the same.

By killing Zhen Xu, a late phase Xiantian expert, Qin Yu has become a first-class figure even among gold card assassins. And a lowly branch executive naturally wanted to serve one of the best assassins like him with extreme exuberance.

When Qin Yu has just left the Heavenly Net branch, the branch executive says coldly at once: “Assassin Liu Xing has just left. Quickly investigate his identity.”

Even though it is a rule of the Heavenly Net that it shall not investigate the identities of any Outer Net members, a gold card assassin is a Xiantian expert and, moreover, the Heavenly Net leader has personally given an order to find out assassin Liu Xing’s identity, therefore the Heavenly Net naturally has to investigate. However, when they just want to follow him, they discover that …

“Sir, assassin Liu Xing isn’t in East Street.”

“Sir, assassin Liu Xing isn’t in West Street.”

……

That executive immediately becomes doubtful: “That’s strange. That Liu Xing can’t fly into the sky or go underground. How can’t we find him?”

Indeed, Qin Yu can fly into the sky. At the moment he is sitting on the back of the black eagle, flying on the 9th level of the sky, and people on the ground simply cannot even see his silhouette. The black eagle is flying extremely high and extremely fast so investigating his identity is as hard as climbing the sky.

Qin Yu is enjoying the strong winds on the 9th level of the sky.

“Father has always been refusing to let me take part in his plan. Now I’m already a Xiantian expert …” Qin Yu’s heart is endlessly excited at the moment. As soon as he thinks about his father knowing he is a Xiantian expert, he becomes extremely excited. Moreover, Qin Yu is even the 1st, the unprecedented Xiantian external expert in the history of the Qian Long continent.

When Qin Yu was little, still lacking good judgment, he thought his father did not love him and, as a result, he trained very hard. When he grew up, he knew the truth, that is, his father had devoted his entire mind and energy to the plan to destroy the Xiang clan. His big brother and 2nd brother were also taking part in the plan. Qin Yu extremely wanted to help his father but was turned down for the reason that he had not reached the Xiantian level.

Finally … Qin Yu became a Xiantian expert.

“Xiao Hei, fly directly to Yan City.” Qin Yu pinches the golden mask to pieces, drops all of the objects which can expose his assassin identity and starts using the Appearance and Bone Changing art. This time he switches back to his original appearance. His heart has already become a bit too impatient to wait.

Xiao Hei seems to understand Qin Yu’s feelings. With a sharp cry and a shake of the wings, it accelerates again and flies toward Yan City like a black beam of light.

End of b3c3.
    Last edited by he-man; 10-01-13 at 01:14 AM.
    My page