Page 264 of 266 FirstFirst ... 164214254255256257258259260261262263264265266 LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 5313

Thread: Stellar Transformations [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

maybe he meant 3 weeks in his house thingy(from Stellar Transformations in later on volumes) where the time inside is equivalent to 1day:1000days E.g. like Dragon Ball Z the time capsule thingy 1day training inside = 1 years worth of training.

So if my math is correct 3weeks=21daysx1000days =21,000days =700months=58 years & 4 months..

Quote Originally Posted by Sanngrior View Post
    he had his 3 week holiday, then came back with a post about getting a new chapter out, then went missing for a month due to a business thing, said he would try again afterwards and thats the last we heard from him.

so you can tell why people are worried about something happening. posted this to clarify a bit since random people keep posting dates and holiday stuff that is completely wrong and confusing.

would be great if there were a few translated chapters out on some1's blog or something while we wait for it to be picked up again:S
    Isnt this his last post : http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...t=#post1089744 ?

I think we should give he-man a break... he-man's last words were:
    Sorry guys, I had to go on a sudden business trip. But now i'm really back. There's gonna be a chapter 2morrow.
    Things "happen" on "sudden" business trips, oftentimes, very unpleasant things... depending on which part of the world he-man is at. In the US, we let a bunch of "level-headed" lawyers & accountants deal with the business end of things. Either way the lawyers will get paid, and losses or gain are on the other guys Anyhow, I hope he-man is fine and in good health and continues with the rest of this exciting story. Otherwise, we can only pray for him, wherever he may be.

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if there are any concept/fan art of how each character looks like. I saw how Qin Yu looks like when I search 星辰变, but I was wondering if there are pictures of other characters. No spoiling characters of course.

Or maybe he got bored an decided to take an extended break.

Regardless, it's not like he gets paid for this. If he comes back, great. If he doesn't, someone else will eventually pick up the story. I can wait.

Complaining on this thread won't change anything. If you are desperate, you guys can request a new translator for the series somewhere. He-man doesn't own the series, so if someone else wants to translate, they can make a new thread somewhere else where we can all read it. That way, if he-man still wants to do his own translation later, we didn't corrupt his thread with someone else's translations. Just because one person is translating the series doesn't mean that no one else can do it.

I appreciate what He-Man has done for the forum thus far:

a. He introduced us to a different genre (of 'wuxia')
    b. He has been doing this almost non-stop for more than a year, updating 2~3 times a week.

So whether he continues or not - "Thanks for the journey, He-Man"!

pssst: for those who are clamouring for more - take a peek in the spoiler and get your fix

i'm really intrigued by this story. so much so that after he-man stopped translating i'm reading the raws now.

Really tedious work. I wonder how he managed to translate so much in a 1 year...kudos to him though.

hope he returns to continue this work.

Man he-man is the best translator i know of cause of hes translation speed of 1 chapter per day which was going for months. We are all leeching from him so we dont have the right to complain anything HE DESERVEs a break or anything he wants.

I agree he needs a break and perfectly deserves it but I just want to know if he's alright he just vanished

Vanishing like this isn't a particularly good sign.

Are there any one beside he - man translating this? Because I was wondering if I should help him out doing a few chapters. Nothing longterm and surely not at the quality/speed of He-man but something better than MT and nothing at all.
    If I get confirmation of no current translator today, I'll have a passable translation by the end of the day (my time - EST)

Quote Originally Posted by JChen43 View Post
    Are there any one beside he - man translating this? Because I was wondering if I should help him out doing a few chapters. Nothing long-term and surely not at the quality/speed of He-man but something better than MT and nothing at all.
    If I get confirmation of no current translator today, I'll have a passable translation by the end of the day (my time - EST)
    He-man had said he wanted to complete HIS translation when some asked to help.

But He-man just vanished after translating almost half a million words... Being how dedicated he is/was I think he would definitely leave a few words that he will be on an extended hiatus if he can help it.

You should also ask the Moderator, he should have He-man's personal e-mail address on file and try to contact him... Though, chances are, he may never return.

I think it is OK to link & advertise your continuation of He-man's translation on a NEW thread. When and if He-man returns, he can simply continue with his translation or collaborate with other translator(s).

Thanks in advance...

I really wanted to post my translation of the next chapter but editing is being a total ***** right now. All I really have right now is 2.5k words of Chinglish (Chinese/English). So I'm gonna have to work on getting that to a level where people with English Majors won't tear all the hair from their scalps.

Btw, can someone find/give me He-Man translations of these names? I need to make an updated glossary and I really don't want to skim through all the chapters to find out what he calls them.

清虚观宗门, 暴乱星海, 护体仙元力, 黑焱君之戒, 大领域, 仙器, 魔道, 神通, 传音道, 宗派, 仙元力, 天火邪君, 上天宫

Question

I really wanted to post my translation of the next chapter but editing is being a total ***** right now. All I really have right now is 2.5k words of Chinglish (Chinese/English). So I'm gonna have to work on getting that to a level where people with English Majors won't tear all the hair from their scalps.

Btw, can someone find/give me He-Man translations of these names? I need to make an updated glossary and I really don't want to skim through all the chapters to find out what he calls them.

清虚观宗门, 暴乱星海, 护体仙元力, 黑焱君之戒, 大领域, 仙器, 魔道, 神通, 传音道, 宗派, 仙元力, 天火邪君, 上天宫
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...OILERS-ALLOWED is where the glossary is,the second post(I have no idea how you missed it).
    EDIT*: Did you maybe mean some that aren`t in the glossary(I don`t know chinese so I couldn`t tell if it was in the glossary or not)?
    Last edited by Bludflag; 11-12-14 at 09:25 AM.

If the name is for people, general you just use the Pinyin but for places/objects, you can translate it to English or Pinyin. Some places are better left Pinyin cause the english makes almost no sense.

Okay, I think I've finished with the best of my knowledge. If there's any mistake or suggestions in wording, please leave a comment.

B11C10
    stcon.wordpress.com

Okay, I think I've finished with the best of my knowledge. If there's any mistake or suggestions in wording, please leave a comment.

B11C10
    stcon.wordpress.com
    Thanks alot! Finally I can continue to read this great series

Although i really appreciate He-man for his translation and my first introduction to wuxia novels, i like to thank JChen43 for this update to the translation. Thanks

B11C10
    stcon.wordpress.com

Thanks for the chapter.

B11C10
    stcon.wordpress.com
    Nice work, thanks for the translation