Page 93 of 266 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 5313

Thread: Stellar Transformations [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Banyumas, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia, Indonesia

Great chapter,can't wait for Uncle Lan appearance...

thanks he-man

Quote Originally Posted by dexter64 View Post

The Overlord Azure Dragon also a divine beast, but despite being 1 level up compare to the Three-Blue-Eyed Toad, so far it's said that the toad is only slightly weaker than the Azure Dragon, so that's why I suggested the 'special'.

Finally find the above statements, so I think we can use 'special' or in this case still use 'mutated'.
    I don't think we need to classify him as a special divine beast since we're not sure if the toad is naturally stronger/more unique than an azure dragon -- we only know that the offense from his third eye is extremely dangerous so he can compete. Perhaps the azure dragon has other special abilities not related to combat like Hou Fei's ability to find treasures in the ground, or just other combat abilities that are stronger overall but just not a deadly offense.

Imagine assigning stats to them and maybe Azure Dragons are more balanced at 80/80/80 offense/defense/special while the toad is like 120/40/80 or something so it's not worth it for the dragon to risk getting injured even if he's overall stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I don't think we need to classify him as a special divine beast since we're not sure if the toad is naturally stronger/more unique than an azure dragon -- we only know that the offense from his third eye is extremely dangerous so he can compete. Perhaps the azure dragon has other special abilities not related to combat like Hou Fei's ability to find treasures in the ground, or just other combat abilities that are stronger overall but just not a deadly offense.

Imagine assigning stats to them and maybe Azure Dragons are more balanced at 80/80/80 offense/defense/special while the toad is like 120/40/80 or something so it's not worth it for the dragon to risk getting injured even if he's overall stronger.
    U are right tape. It is still not mentioned yet.
    But u forgot that dexter64 gave that explination for "special" term in spoiler.
    That means he is aware of later happenings in the story

Quote Originally Posted by rajmonarch View Post
    U are right tape. It is still not mentioned yet.
    But u forgot that dexter64 gave that explination for "special" term in spoiler.
    That means he is aware of later happenings in the story
    I can't read Chinese, but my curiosity beat me and I read ahead with the very not accurate translation engine, which of course make me can't trust what I read 100%. The price of going ahead in translation of a novel (at least for me) is too much information so I forgot which information has been disclosed and which hasn't. So just to be save I put it in spoiler.

After some digging I found out that the information has already been given, it's just the matter of making sense of the clues, so I get rid of the spoiler.

So far in this novel the power levels (jindan, yuanying, dongxu, etc) of the same species/techniques have been clearly defined, the power differences between early, middle and late phase of the power level has been overwhelming, and it's ridiculously insanely overwhelming once the power level go up. Destruction Power (Offense), Body Toughness (Defense) and Speed have always been proportionally increase with each power up. Hou Fei's ability to find treasures won't help him in a combat, so it's only a nice perk. Qin Yu's speed is greater than the Di brothers' yet his power is lower than the remaining Di brothers' defense, so unless Qin Yu got a power up, he won't be able to defeat Di brothers.

The same power level of the same species/techinques were always maintain as comparable, you could have variation due to unique characteristics of the species, but it's not affecting the power level very much. The Purple Demon aquatic dragons has better defense due to their scales, Xiao Hei, being a bird naturally would be faster in the skies than in the oceans, etc.

Divine beast of the same power level should have comparable power, but for me to be on par with an early kongming divine beast you will need a very special late dongxu divine beast.
    Last edited by dexter64; 03-09-14 at 01:31 AM.

Can't wait for the coming excitement! Bravo he-man!

Instead of special or mutated, wouldn't the correct word be Unusual or Unique

For Me:
    Mutated -
    has negative connotations, implying some type of deformity
    Special - terminology is too positive like oh your such a special child

Unusual - is the term you think when you read special, except it flows better....also there is an air of mystery which prevents you from yielding any conclusion
    Unique - has the same effect as the word unusual; however its implying "one of a kind" as well whereas unusual implies the existance of a beast class or clan that deviates from the norm
    Last edited by ptsome110; 03-09-14 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ptsome110 View Post
    Instead of special or mutated, wouldn't the correct word be Unusual or Unique
    I don't have a problem with that. The Three-Blue-Eyed Toad is not an ordinary divine beast.

My choice would be for "unique".

The XiaoYaoist who can develop special powers and skill/techniques are all "unusual" as a class - for the Three-Blue-Eyed Toad to be distinct from this class, it must be "unique".

I remember somewhere in the book that the Toad's technique is one of a kind - this further strengthens my preference for "unique".

Hello he-man. Looking forward to see the big blow-up.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

maybe it's just like the power level there are early middle and late stage.... or like holy weapon there are lower-middle-high-and top so in my estimation this three eye toad maybe is a high level divine beast while the azure dragon only middle level that's why the toad can match the dragon even if he lose in power level

well it said numerous times the toad's 3rd eye is the reason why the azure dragon doesn't fight it (because if he did then the 9 dragons will attack him after he kills the toad) but now that the 9 dragons are dying he may just go all out against the toad for the sword QY has

Until we see more of the toad and the dragon I don't see any reason to mark the toad as being naturally stronger yet.

His species has a super offensive third eye that can pose a danger to someone stronger than them, that's pretty cool, but we don't know if azure dragons have other abilities that make them unique either. Qin Yu, Xiao Hei, and Hou Fei all blur the power level lines, so strictly judging late Dongxu versus early Kongming is pretty hard anyway.

The azure dragon is currently the most powerful being we know of, so it's understandable he doesn't want to risk a battle with someone slightly weaker even if his chances of victory are high. The divine beasts we've encountered are all unique in some way anyway, so it'd be a bit redundant to call him even more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by ptsome110 View Post
    well it said numerous times the toad's 3rd eye is the reason why the azure dragon doesn't fight it (because if he did then the 9 dragons will attack him after he kills the toad) but now that the 9 dragons are dying he may just go all out against the toad for the sword QY has
    Actually I am pretty sure the Azure Dragon has fought the 3 Eyed Toad relatively recently when they were contending over one of the Jade Swords. And the Azure Dragon won.

EDIT:
    Here it is, I found it a few chapters ago.

Lou Ke, however, reaches out his hand and says: “Majesty Di Long, last time my Grand Founder competed with Overlord Azure Dragon for the 7th jade sword. Eventually he lost and the sword was taken by Overlord Azure Dragon. Now the Azure Dragon Palace got 2 jade swords while my Blue Water Mansion got only one.”

EDIT EDIT:

Just thought I'd like to add my observation that Xiao Hei would fit into this 'unique' category that you guys have thought of. His special skills/techniques can be considered an extraordinary offence contrary to his power level, even as a divine beast.
    Last edited by shadowsong123; 03-10-14 at 03:40 PM.

"Just thought I'd like to add my observation that Xiao Hei would fit into this 'unique' category that you guys have thought of. His special skills/techniques can be considered an extraordinary offence contrary to his power level, even as a divine beast."

I disagree.

The Toad is unique as he's a mutant hence one of a kind only, not other Three Blue Eyed Toads exists.

Whereas Hei Yu may have unique skills (story doesnt say so as at this point in time) but it appears to me there are other eagle XiaoYao beasts - hence Hei Yu is not a unique beast.

Quote Originally Posted by KenshinX View Post
    I disagree.

The Toad is unique as he's a mutant hence one of a kind only, not other Three Blue Eyed Toads exists.

Whereas Hei Yu may have unique skills (story doesnt say so as at this point in time) but it appears to me there are other eagle XiaoYao beasts - hence Hei Yu is not a unique beast.
    The thing about divine beasts so far in this story is that there has been absolutely no evidence that there are more than one of any of them. Merely concluding that the Three Eyed Toad is a mutant on this basis does not convince me.

And there is no may about Xiao Hei having unique skills, there has been plenty of instances where he has displayed that already. And of course there are other eagle xiuyaoists, we encountered a Golden Flame Eagle early on! If you are trying to say there aren't any other Toad Xiuyaoists and that makes Three Eyed Toad unique, then what about Lou Ke himself? He is a crimson toad xiuyaoist.

EDIT: Unless you know your assertions are correct because you are reading ahead, then I have nothing else to say but hope that you will be considerate to me and other readers who cannot read ahead and not reveal too much of what is yet to come.
    Last edited by shadowsong123; 03-10-14 at 04:39 PM.

What I had intended when I said 'special' is all about destruction power. A divine beast that has destruction power above that standard divine beasts' power level, I would call it a special divine beast.

The Purple Demon aquatic dragon is a mutation of aquatic dragon. Blood-red aquatic python and the Purple Demon aquatic dragon are both considered special beasts, stronger than ordinary beast, but weaker than divine beast.

Hou Fei and Xiao Hei are definitely special divine beasts.

I think what some of us are getting at is that divine beasts are so infrequent currently that it's hard to classify any as being more special than any other without more information.

It's clear that the Three Eye Toad has higher than normal offense compared to even other divine beasts, but do we know if an Azure Dragon has higher than normal speed or defense or area of effect power?

As far as we know, a divine beast generally SHOULD have some special ability that is exclusive to their species, and the toads have frightening offense -- that by itself though doesn't make it any more special than another divine beast without know more about them.

I think what some of us are getting at is that divine beasts are so infrequent currently that it's hard to classify any as being more special than any other without more information.

It's clear that the Three Eye Toad has higher than normal offense compared to even other divine beasts, but do we know if an Azure Dragon has higher than normal speed or defense or area of effect power?

As far as we know, a divine beast generally SHOULD have some special ability that is exclusive to their species, and the toads have frightening offense -- that by itself though doesn't make it any more special than another divine beast without know more about them.
    I would disregard any special abilities that has nothing to do with power, body toughness and speed, because those abilities would be useless in a combat.

He is slightly weaker than the Azure Dragon Palace overlord, but because of that unusual 3rd eye, not even the Azure Dragon Palace overlord is certain of beating him.
    The above statements were made before the Azure Dragon beat the Three-Blue-Eyed Toad, so perceived it as the fight hasn't happened.

From the statements we knew that the Azure Dragon Palace overlord didn't have the confidence that his defense could withstand the Three-Blue-Eyed Toad's attack power. Nor he was sure of his speed and power could with win over the speed and defense of the Three-Blue-Eyed Toad.

In the end only destruction power will make you the winner in a combat, you could avoid to be beaten by being faster or have stronger defense, but you won't win if your power can't overpower the opponents defense. Of course if you only have speed as your only advantage, you can run away to avoid being beaten but you still can't win. Likewise if your defense is your only advantage, you can't be beaten but you can't win either. That's what happened to Qin Yu (speed) and Di brothers (defense and power).

Didn't Azure Dragon beat the Three-Blue-Eyed Toad and got that 2nd immortal sword before?

Quote Originally Posted by dexter64 View Post
    I would disregard any special abilities that has nothing to do with power, body toughness and speed, because those abilities would be useless in a combat.

The above statements were made before the Azure Dragon beat the Three-Blue-Eyed Toad, so perceived it as the fight hasn't happened.

From the statements we knew that the Azure Dragon Palace overlord didn't have the confidence that his defense could withstand the Three-Blue-Eyed Toad's attack power. Nor he was sure of his speed and power could with win over the speed and defense of the Three-Blue-Eyed Toad.

In the end only destruction power will make you the winner in a combat, you could avoid to be beaten by being faster or have stronger defense, but you won't win if your power can't overpower the opponents defense. Of course if you only have speed as your only advantage, you can run away to avoid being beaten but you still can't win. Likewise if your defense is your only advantage, you can't be beaten but you can't win either. That's what happened to Qin Yu (speed) and Di brothers (defense and power).
    I think this is kind of a minor point so I don't think it's worth arguing about, but until the next update I guess we can talk about it .

From my perspective, the Three Eyed Toad has extremely powerful offense from this third eye. This lets him contend with somebody more powerful than him because he can injure them even if he is weaker than them overall. This is unique to Three Eyed Toads, and is their special ability. Another divine beast that specializes in defense has no chance of beating the Azure Dragon, but only because their specialization is in defense rather than offense -- specializing in offense naturally makes you more dangerous.

Now imagine the Azure dragon like I said before in terms of numbers. As a "divine beast" your stats should add up to a similar amount. If an Azure Dragon has 80/80/80 offense/defense/special, and a Three Eyed Toad has 120/60/60, then it's very conceivable that he can still compete with someone one level above. If you are faster than the opponent and have more durable defense than your opponent, if it's not overwhelming, then their overwhelming offense can play a factor even if your overall "stats" are the same.

I don't know if you watch NBA basketball, but it's similar to how most people think that the Thunder are better than the Spurs, but the Spurs would do better against the Heat, who are better than the Thunder. It's a bit about matchups, and about individual strengths; an extremely high offense can offset a small deficit in speed and defense in this case, but what if you fought someone with a crazy high amount of speed like Qin Yu? With Qin Yu, the crazy high offense of the Three Eyed Toad is probably not as useful as an Azure Dragon that might be stronger in defense and speed.
    Last edited by tape; 03-11-14 at 02:00 AM.