Page 51 of 266 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 5313

Thread: Stellar Transformations [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

It's really bad condition.... do Qin Yu could defeat Xiang Yang? There's a lot of strong weapon on Xiang Yang...
    But why Hei Yu doesn't using his full moon technics?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsong123 View Post
    Interesting theory, but before a star usually has 3 outcomes when it nears the end of its life. One is of course you mentioned, a Black Hole. The others is that it either becomes a White Dwarf or a Neutron Star.

However, even before it gets to one of these remnant stages, it still has to go through other stages, i.e. Red Giant -> Super Red Giant -> Supernova -> Remnant (Black Hole, White Dwarf or Neutron Star).

Building on the theory of the Black Hole, if Qin Yu reaches this theoretical stage, what might happen is that he implodes but he still exists as an omnipresent entity that can create a physical/spiritual manifestation. In other words: God or something similar. Has anyone read Animorphs? I'm drawing this speculation, partially from the character Ellimist.
    It does not necessarily become a black hole. looking at all previous stage, the next stage can be a "Galaxy" .

In reading, thanks He-man for the wonderful updates.

Quote Originally Posted by theSwordoftheWest View Post
    It does not necessarily become a black hole. looking at all previous stage, the next stage can be a "Galaxy" .

In reading, thanks He-man for the wonderful updates.
    According to recent theories, most large galaxies have super-massive black holes at their centers.
    Lei Wei's 6 stages of "Stellar Transformation" seems to be the accumulation of more mass/energy at each stage.
    Stellar Transformations:
    Houtian --> Xiantian --> Nebula --> Meteor --> Core --> Planet --> Dujie --> Star --> ...

So these two possibilities for advance stages:
    Star --> Black Hole --> Super Massive Black Hole --> Galaxy ...
    Or a huge jump
    Star --> Galaxy ...

They could both be some of the possibilities.
    Based of the size/energy increase in the first 6 stages...
    ... I think the slower gradual increase in size/mass/energy is more likely.

Supermassive Black Holes --"Did They Form Inside Galaxies or Create Them?"
    http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...eate-them.html

Did monster black holes pull the first galaxies together, or were they born inside those galaxies? Recent analysis of the gravitational ripples from colliding black holes at the University of Cardiff could reveal the answer by helping astronomers reconstruct a crash rather than just surveying its aftermath. According to current theories, most large galaxies harbor supermassive black holes at their core. But When these galaxies collide and their black holes merge into one massive object, they yield no information about the original black holes.
    Last edited by Ahoxan; 11-28-13 at 12:56 AM.

w.........................
    Last edited by krimi; 11-28-13 at 12:56 PM.

dunno what to write
    Last edited by hirzy; 11-29-13 at 08:20 AM.

Sooo does it mean the black star theory was correct. Ok, that kind kill the fun of wild guesses.

Thanks he-man!!! Things are getting hot!

Xiang Yang is now holding in his hands a black spear. He says while looking at Qin Yu and Xiao Hei: “The true offensive method of my Xiang clan’s Conqueror’s Heaven Opposing Art isn’t a flying sword technique, but a close-quarters spear technique. This spear is the peerless divine weapon that my father, the West Chu Conqueror, used to dominate the world -- the Conqueror’s Spear!”
    How 'peerless' is this spear really? Xiang Yu only ever got to jindan-stage and I was under the impression he didnt live that long, so how on earth did he get to middle-phase jindan and hence being able to forge this spear? He wouldnt have been able to forge anything higher than a low-grade (if early jindan) or a middle-grade holy weapon (if he got to middle-jindan). So, Qin Yu's weapons are still far superior than this spear, all else the same. However, its power would probably be equal or greater than Qin Yu, given that Xiang Yang is a Yuanying stage Xiuxianist; him wielding it will surely be much more powerful.

Middle-grade holy armour on a Yuanying stage Xiuxianist - I'd say Qin Yu has a tough fight ahead of him.

A dark red suit of armor has appeared on Xiang Yang’s body. This suit of armor protects not only the upper half of his body, but also his thighs, arms and lower legs. Xiang Yang’s entire body is now protected by this suit of armor so Qin Yu cannot help getting startled.

“What do you think about my suit of armor? It’s middle holy class. Over 300 years ago, when I was still traveling the world practicing, I found a holy rock. Then I learned the art of forging from Wu De and made this suit of armor.” Xiang Yang takes a look at the suit of armor on his body. His eyes are filled with satisfaction.

Qin Yu secretly groans.

“I never thought this geezer would have a middle-grade holy-class suit of armor. Well, I was able to find a chunk of In-rock Flaming iron so a 1000 year old genius like him should’ve found at least a good holy rock too.” He understands that he cannot be overconfident because other people are not necessarily less lucky than he is.
    From my pov, it looked like Xiang Yang also found a metre high cylinder block of In-Rock Flaming Iron, given the colour of Xiang Yang's armour, haha. Not so rare after all.

By the way, we still havent seen Xiao Hei use his high-grade weapons, maybe he'll unleash them soon. Unless, he used them to coat his talons and wings? Hahahaha.

Xiang Yang could have reforged the spear just like QY reforged his gloves and sword. (Not mentioned in the story though)

hirzy need to edit his post to remove the quote from krimi's post.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Xiang Yang could have reforged the spear just like QY reforged his gloves and sword. (Not mentioned in the story though)
    True...although the chunk of holy ore must've been pretty big to be able forge/reforge a full suit of armour and spear.

by the way it should be divine becouse at this stage the midle grade is a big diference in betwen with low grade holy and wu-de was with low grade so xian .... having a midle is "divine" and even trought Yu has high level wepon at the moment by not puting the right kind of streingt in the blow it did not cut trought the armor so xian does not know its high so he thinks of his superiority and still cals it divine

From my pov, it looked like Xiang Yang also found a metre high cylinder block of In-Rock Flaming Iron, given the colour of Xiang Yang's armour, haha. Not so rare after all.
    maybe the colour is the same but the material's grade is different as the armor is only middle grade while the in rock flaming iron is a high grade material.

Quote Originally Posted by hirzy View Post
    maybe the colour is the same but the material's grade is different as the armor is only middle grade while the in rock flaming iron is a high grade material.
    The material may not be In-Rock Flaming Iron but it does not mean it is high-grade material. If Qin Yu had gotten Fengyuzi to forge armour for him, it would still be middle-grade.

Fengyuzi says with a sigh: “Xiao Yu, Uncle Feng’s power is limited and the level of my Samadhi flame is insufficient, so, even with such a precious chunk of In-rock Flaming iron, I can only forge middle-grade holy weapons from it. If a Dongxu-stage expert came here to forge, he’d surely be able to make high-grade holy weapons. Also, holy weapons are different from mortals’ weapons. Just drop your blood on them and you’ll be able to suck them into your body. They will appear on your hands entirely as you wish.”

In-rock Flaming iron is indeed a precious forging crystal. Fengyuzi is merely at the middle phase of the Jindan stage so his Samadhi flame is still at the weakest level. Therefore, naturally, he cannot bring forth the efficacy of In-rock Flaming iron completely, and can only forge middle-grade holy weapons.
    Forging high-grade weapons/armour requires both high-grade ores and a what appears to be a Dongxu or above Xiuzhenist. What is interesting and shocking is that this implies that even Yuanying level is insufficient to forge high-grade equipment, whereas a Middle-phase Fengyuzi can forge middle-grade; so the jump from middle-grade to high-grade is very large. What makes it even more shocking is that a Early-phase Nebula (Qin Yu) can already forge high-grade equipment.

The material may not be In-Rock Flaming Iron but it does not mean it is high-grade material. If Qin Yu had gotten Fengyuzi to forge armour for him, it would still be middle-grade.

Forging high-grade weapons/armour requires both high-grade ores and a what appears to be a Dongxu or above Xiuzhenist. What is interesting and shocking is that this implies that even Yuanying level is insufficient to forge high-grade equipment, whereas a Middle-phase Fengyuzi can forge middle-grade; so the jump from middle-grade to high-grade is very large. What makes it even more shocking is that a Early-phase Nebula (Qin Yu) can already forge high-grade equipment.
    Remember that Qin Yu does not practice the normal stages:
    Houtian --> Xiantian --> Jindan --> Yuanying --> Dongxu --> Kongming --> Dujie --> Dacheng --> ...

The 'normal' practice has different intensity internal flames of increasing strength at each stage:
    -----> 4-9 Tribulation
    1. Jindan - Golden Ball [pink flame]
    2. Yuanying - Forms a child of essence [red flame]
    -----> 6-9 Tribulation
    3. Dongxu - hollowness [crimson flame] virtual hole
    4. Kongming - void and darkness [TANSEI flame] empty offerings
    5. Dujie - overcoming tribulation [green flame] crossing the robbery
    -----> 9-9 Tribulation
    6. Dacheng - stage of completeness [dark blue flame]

The internal flames for "Stellar Transformation" is hotter at each equivalent 'normal' stage:
    -----> 4-9 Tribulation
    01 – Nebula [TANSEI flame - green flame]
    02 – Meteor [Green flame gradually deepens]
    -----> 6-9 Tribulation
    03 – Stellar Core [Green flame gradually deepens more]
    04 – Planet [Dark Blue flame]
    05 – Dujie [Dark Blue flame gradually deepens]
    -----> 9-9 Tribulation
    06 – Star [Purple flame]

The hotter internal flame of "Stellar Transformation" is why Lei Wei could boast of being the greatest forging grandmaster.
    This is why Qin Yu was able to forge high grade holy weapons immediately after the 4-in-9 Tribulation, while Fengyuzi was only able to forge mid-grade holy weapons even after being a Jindan for so long.

Is there any significance to why the Stellar Transformations has a Dujie stage even though all the other stages have unique cosmos-related names?
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

Thank you Ahoxan, that very informative.

Dujie mean overcoming the tribulation, i guess stellar practice and normal practice undergo the same stages eventually.

True...although the chunk of holy ore must've been pretty big to be able forge/reforge a full suit of armour and spear.
    If I'm not mistaken, the spear comes from his father times and the armor Xiang Yang forged himself. On the point the spear is "peerless", I think it just the reputation it gain during Xiang Yu era.

Regarding the size of the ore, I think anyone stumble upon luck and gain ore as big as In-Flaming Rock can forge an armor and still have balance for small weapon. But if it was forge with Stellar flame, that is another story because stellar flame tend to remove the impurities 100% making the ore left smaller for forging.

Thank you Ahoxan, that very informative.
    Ditto. Where did you find this information Ahoxan? Is it explained somewhere in the chapters that's already been translated, I cant seem to recall.

But if it was forge with Stellar flame, that is another story because stellar flame tend to remove the impurities 100% making the ore left smaller for forging.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the assumption that the percentage of impurities also dictated the grade of the equipment that can be forged.
    Meaning, if a piece of ore (assuming high quality) is made up of 25% ore and 75% impurity. Then a mid-Jindan's flame can only remove 50% of overall impurity; meaning the resulting ore will be made up of 25% ore and 37.5% impurity. This would also mean only 62.5% of the original ore is left, which can be used to forge middle-grade holy equipment.
    However, that same piece of ore if refined with Nebula flame, can remove 100% of impurity; meaning the resulting ore is made up of 25% ore with 0% impurities. At the same time, only 25% of the original ore is left. But this ore will result in high-grade equipment when used to forge.
    Comparatively, the same piece of high-grade can be used to forge middle and high grade equipment. But if you wanted to forge the same amount of equipment, you would need much more of the original ore to forge the high-grade equivalent because after the elimination of impurities, there isn't much left.

Btw, what colour is "Tansei"?

Ditto. Where did you find this information Ahoxan? Is it explained somewhere in the chapters that's already been translated, I cant seem to recall.
    Part of the information was in the already translated part:
    B04C07: Going home
    The rest were from various author explanations... that I compiled as I read the book.
    I'm not familiar with sanxia genre, so I took some notes as I read this book via Google Translate.

"Tansei" was from Google Translate... that he-man translated as light blue.

Qin Yu, who has been standing with legs crossed, suddenly open his eyes and stops practicing. The silvery energy flows into his body in an instant. The nebula, affected by the force of the dantian, is still slowly spining, only that it is merely refining its energy.

A light blue flame, indeed, by practicing the Stellar Transformations I’ve obtained the Stellar Flame. It’s pretty stronger than the Samadhi Flame.” Qin Yu suddenly stands up.

All Xiuzhenists have a flame in their bodies. Generally, Xiuxianists call it the Samadhi Flame, Xiumoists call it the Devilish Flame and Xiuyaoists call it the Demonic Flame. However, because the Stellar Transformations is not Xiuxian, Xiumo or Xiuyao, the flame inside the body of the practitioner is called the Stellar Flame.

Qin Yu says with a smile: “Yes, when I found the In-rock Flaming iron chunk, Uncle Feng’s Samadhi flame wasn’t powerful enough so he was only able to make middle-grade holy weapons. Actually, In-rock Flaming iron can be used to forge high-grade holy weapons. I also have some high-class crystals so I can merge them with each other and reforge my Flaming Gloves and Flaming Sword once.”
    "has been standing with legs crossed"
    was probably supposed to be
    "has been sitting with legs crossed"
    Last edited by Ahoxan; 12-01-13 at 05:01 PM.

whats a robbery?
    Last edited by hirzy; 12-01-13 at 05:35 PM.

Googling for crossing the robbery seems to indicate that LeBron James has reached the Dujie level.
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.