Thread: Would it have been better to start Deun Yu in DGSD with at least a little MA skill?

Default Would it have been better to start Deun Yu in DGSD with at least a little MA skill?

Deun Yu notoriously started off in DGSD with absolutely *no* martial arts skill whatsoever, but in your opinion, do you think the story (and the Deun Yu character) might have been better if Deun Yu had started off with at least some very basic martial arts ability (e.g. he could manage a decent horse stance and throw a credible punch rather than be absolutely helpless)?

It does not matter. Everyone starts with having no trained martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Deun Yu notoriously started off in DGSD with absolutely *no* martial arts skill whatsoever, but in your opinion, do you think the story (and the Deun Yu character) might have been better if Deun Yu had started off with at least some very basic martial arts ability (e.g. he could manage a decent horse stance and throw a credible punch rather than be absolutely helpless)?

even till the end, i still don't recgonize duan yu and xu zhu as martial arts expert..

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman83 View Post
    even till the end, i still don't recgonize duan yu and xu zhu as martial arts expert..
    I can agree with Duan Yu, but not Xu Zhu.

He showed sufficient "expertise" to be able to pick up the Xiaoyao skills. He was also able to realize that JMZ wasn't really using Shaolin skills when it confounded the Shaolin Xuan monks.

Xiaoyao skills are extremely complex. I believe anyone who is able to be proficient in them must be gifted to a certain extent. Xu Zhu, after all, had great genes!