Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Chang Ge Xing 《秀麗江山之長歌行》 - Ruby Lin, Yuan Hong, Kenny Kwan

Quote Originally Posted by 12blbl View Post
    It's already finished? How many eps in total?
    50 eps uncut web version, 56 eps cut TV version. Bot version are pretty much the same, except the TV eps have ads every now and then.

i thought he will survive since we were seeing him in plenty scenes but after hupo died ... I like his scene when he's trying to talk down Li hua when Li hua was so angry cause her grieve after he rejected his promotion to revenge Yin family's ambush, he still can think in clear headed despite their grieve.
    It is nice to see how Yin Xing has grown up since the beginning where he was a selfish, childish boy who relied on his elder brother and sister for protection. So Yin Cibo's constant reminders to his brother have not been in vain.

I don't know why they made Liu Xiu often sick like he would died, according history he died 62 yo, so i supposed Emperor Ming succeeded him at a sufficient age.
    Perhaps they want to make Liu Xiu as pitiful as well to balance Lihua and Yin family loss. I search about Feng Yi, but only find his short explanation about he was the big tree general, can't find about how he died.
    I think it was to show how Liu Xiu suffered both physically and emotionally in his life as he tried to calm down the rebellions for a decade and hwo he was different from the other contenders to the Han throne who cared more about themselves than the poeple. Feng Yi died from an illness.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiYun View Post
    I watched up to ep 48 and I cried my eyes out. Poor Yin Xing. To think he waited so long to be able to officially be with Hu Po to have things end up like this. They kept saying they had to endure and didn't have enough evidence but then just go and find them. There couldn't be no weakness anywhere at all.
    It is more than evidence. The Guo's power came from the northern generals and they in turn looked about the welfare of the northern generals. Until Liu Xiu could recall the military power back from the north, it was an unwise move to unseat the Guo's even if they had evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiYun View Post
    There's something I still don't get. How come GST's mother was always in the palace? It's true that she's the empress's mother but she doesn't have an official position does she? So how come she can be there all the time like this?
    Her scheming just made GST's situation worse and worse...
    GST's mother is a distance relative of the Liu's and thus of royal blood herself. I don't think she lives in the palace but no one dares object to her being there since her daughter rules the inner palace.

BTW, is the actor who played the Crown Prince the same kid who played Meng Qi Xing in "Qing Shi Hung Fei"?
    Last edited by charbydis; 08-20-16 at 10:03 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Yes thanks alot to all subbers in viki, they're fast, i've managed to watch the last eps horray.

It's not without a flaw, but overall this really a great drama. The plot, the characters and the acting is good. Thumbs up.

Anyway i think they cut the scene when GST tried to posion Liu Xiu in her birthday but somehow GST's mother ended up dead. It's in the trailer but it is not in the drama. But we can see someone fell while liu xiu left and GST was stunned.
    Last edited by 12blbl; 08-20-16 at 11:39 AM.

Definitely has its fair share of flaws, but enjoyable anyway. It seems like anyone is fair game for death in the series. I think the Guo brother got off light. The Guo...I like the actress but the character is oddly inconsistent.

The way the script is written, does not hate Liu Xuan at all despite causing the death of Boasheng. Felt sorry for him instead. He is not by nature a cruel person but just bad advice and personal insecurity clouded his judgment. I am glad his empress Zhou lives. Liking a few characters and hoping they won't die.

I am rewatching the last few eps again. I still feel very sorry for GST even though she is not such a nice lady in here. Her demotion in history has always been a black mark on Emperor Guangwu who used Empress Guo to gain the throne and then got rid of her when her family was no longer useful. So I guess the story had to add a lot of evil things to justify his actions and put the main leads in a good light.

I also feel very sorry for Liu Qiang/Liu Jiang, the Crown Prince, who seems to be not destined for the throne because of his maternal bloodline and people will never trust him. He seems such a nice kid, but as the Liu Xiu said, he is too soft on the ears and lacks a clear judgment to wrangle out of the control of the Northern Generals. I am glad that he knew his place and saw his situation and did not do anything stupid.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Well ... getting cold storage and demoted is better than 'dying accidentally' in the palace for Guo Shentong.

She is a very sad figure. Her mistake is to fall in love with Liu Xiu. All other circumstances she was merely a pawn to her family. I sympathised with her jealousies (even Li Hua confessed that she could not share a man with another woman). Li Hua had many positive energies around her compared to GST. LH had a brilliant and wise brother who cared for his sister's happiness who constantly helped her to widen her perspectives; a man she married who truly loved her; family members and friends who respect and care about her.

It was wise of Liu Jiang to give up his crown prince status and be contented with a title and a territory. If you cannot survive in a big pond, a small pond for a fish is still a luxury.

Is Yan Zhiling's character part of history? Man TianYu looks too cute to be a quirky wise scholar.

What is the purpose of the Yanzhi's character? To add spice to the plotting? Wu JinYan (Yanzhi) reminds me of Zhang ZiYi.

Sad that Feng Yi did not live to ripe old age. Love this Dong Rou-Feng Yi couple.

Liu Xiu's fortunes were partly due to the ability to win the loyalty of capable men. Like they say, you cannot win a war without good soldiers.

Guanwu Emperor had 3 wives with the last one was Lady Xu, i think yanzhi character was to fill up the Lady Xu background story. Although i think it's quite a stretch .

I assumed when reading the history about GST after she got deposed she would be back to her home not live in the cold palace.

Throughout the story I felt mad at the Guo family but in the end, I felt quite sorry for GST. She wasn't such a bad person to begin with. She might have been jealous and bitter but if only she was surrounded by "positive energies" like Lihua, she most likely wouldn't have ended up in such a state.
    Btw I tried skimming through the trailer to find the scene with the mother falling down but I couldn't find it...

I'm glad that Liu Qiang was such a nice sensitive kid. I really liked the two brothers relationship. It was nice to see they could get along so well despite their mother disliking each other.

I also though YanZhi story was a bit pointless. I'm surprised nobody never found out her kid wasn't the emperor's ^^"

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovewuxia View Post
    What is the purpose of the Yanzhi's character? To add spice to the plotting? Wu JinYan (Yanzhi) reminds me of Zhang ZiYi.
    Her role was to explain why Liu Xiu married Lady Xu yet still spent of of his time with Yin Lihua. Lady Xu only had one kid with Liu Xiu and judging that he only had three women in his harem and never promoted her past the position of a Mei Ren, he did not like her very much.

But I heard the Lady Xu in the novel was repentant and forgave Lihua eventually and found peace with her son as they left the palace to his princedom. And that the part where Guo Kang slept with Yan Zhi and Liu Ying is actually Guo Kang's kid was not a part of the novel. Even though the series did not mention it, Liu Ying actually rebelled against his brother later on and was stripped of his title, lot of people died and Prince Chu eventually died in exile. So maybe the series tried to give a reason for Prince Chu's attitude towards his brother by making his a descendant of the Guo's but then had the part cut out or unfilmed.

Then again, all the strangely edited parts could be the work of SARFT as this series was frozen for years by SARFT. Maybe SARFT doesn't some stuff said about the Guo family and it clashed with history or something
    Cyril Connolly

Oh... actually Liu Jiang was very wise considering the fate of Liu Ying's fate in the novel?!

I just finished this series. Is anyone still here? I really liked the ending even though a lot of bad things happened to them; they still emerged as a couple very much in love.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Was anyone else confused with GST's birthday scene in the last episode? They made it seem like she's offering him poisoned wine. And after all the flashbacks, seemed like Liu Xiu said or did something which shocked GST to tears. And nothing was shown what happened to GST's mom... Was something cut? Does anyone know what happened in the novel?
    Check out my drama reviews on Drama for Gents. Also drop by my art shop for some cute designs!

Mum's death was cut according to an earlier post.

I just finish watching this great drama
    I Should have watch this earlier
    Love the chemistry of Ruby and Yuan Hong here