Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Four Constables - Return to the Capital City by Wen Rui'an

Thanks for another update!
    So many questions and yet still no clear answers...

Thanks Jean. Such a mystery. Shelock Holmes of the wuxia world.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Thanks Jean

to continue.....

Shen Cuogu was enraged, “What is this person doing here?”

Ling Yuxiang said, “Fourth Brother, don’t be rash. He is Gao Shanqing.”

Shen Cuogu was taken aback and the beggar chortled, “Brother Ling has sharp eyes. How about it? My art of disguise is not bad, right? I can guarantee that anyone who sees the first look, won’t want to take a second look. That way I can rest assured about my art of disguise. I can pretend to be a beggar and curl up in front of your door and let others think that I am just a beggar without even a roof over his head. Maybe, maybe we’ll be able to capture the murderer then.”

Ling Yuxiang laughed, “Brother Gao’s art of disguise is indeed excellent.”

Liu Jiyan laughed along, “Having known Brother Gao for so long, I had no idea that Brother Gao is an expert in this area.”

Zhuang Zhidong joked, “Then who do you plan to dress me up as?”

Gao Shanqing laughed, “You, you look like you can do without sleep for ten days, you’re just right as the night watchman.”

So Zhuang Zhidong became a night watchman, holding his bamboo clapper and a lantern. Not only does others think he look like one, even he also seems to think of himself as a watchman.

Because Liu Jiyanhas a pipe, he is dressed up as an elderly housekeeper, wearing his black robes and smoking his pipe.

Ling Yuxiang became an old man. His ‘Airborne Cross Sword’ is hidden in the handle of the broom he held in his hand.

Right now Gao Shanqing is helping Shen Cuogu disguise himself. Shen Cuogu looks like a disheveled wandering fortune teller.

Ling Yuxiang said with a laugh, “Brother Gao, you really have a good eye to choose such appropriate individual disguise for each of us.”

He said these words with self-deprecating humor.

Gao Shanqing laughed, “Brother Ling, how can you say that. I’m afraid I don’t have good eyes, but blind eyes! All of you good looking and distinguished people ended up looking like normal, lower class people after my disguise. It’s really a sin, a sin. All right, Brother Leng, it’s your turn now.”

Leng Xue is young and good looking and on his cold and expressionless face, there was suddenly a slight smile. This smile is like the spring breeze blowing over the wintry ice, extremely good looking. Leng Xue said, “No, I have to make a trip to the county office before dark and meet Prefect Lu because I have an earlier agreement with him that I will give him a report before tonight. Actually I have promised Mr Zhuge that I will leave tomorrow but of course now I have no wish to leave. But I still have to go and give an account… I’ll definitely rush back here before the third watch tonight. Now I’ll have to rely on Brother Liu, Constable Zhuang and Instructor Gao to take care of things here.”

Someone once said, when Leng Xue smiles, it means the case he is investigating at hand is slowly getting better.

Leng Xue is gone.

The sky is dark again.

Night falls again, everyone in the Jin residence have all gone somewhere else to hide; From the door of the Jin residence all the way to the main hall, two rows of lanterns were lighted up, lighting the way to the main hall. Five people were seated in the hall: Ling Yuxiang, Shen Cuogu, Liu Jiyan, Zhuang Zhidong and Gao Shanqing.

Behind those five, there were three coffins. The candles flickered, the people in the hall was silent. The candlelight shone on their gloomy faces, looking extremely eerie and mysterious.

Ling Yuxiang said with a weary voice, “I seem to feel that the descendants of Sword Devil are not only facing the five of us, but also Second, Third and Fifth Brother.”

Liu Jiyan took a glance at the coffins and a very strange look suddenly appeared on his face as he said agitatedly, “A pity they are all dead.”

Shen Cuogu gave a cold snort, “The dead can claim souls as well.”

Zhuang Zhidong chuckled, “Fourth Hero Shen is superstitious too?”

Liu Jiyan suddenly asked Ling Yuxiang quietly, “Brother Ling, there’s something I do not understand but it’s not convenient to talk here. I suspect the murderer is…”

Ling Yuxiang’s expression became alarmed, “Then let us go into the inner hall and talk.”

Liu Jiyan said, “All right, with the two of us, the descendants of Sword Devil can forget about striking.”

Inner hall.

After Ling Yuxiang sat down on a peach wood chair, he asked Liu Jiyan, “Brother Liu, who do you think the murderer is?”

Thanks Jean, for the morning update!

Edit: oh - the suspense of the cliffhanger!
    Last edited by ycb5959; 09-10-13 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks Jean.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Thanks Jean

I'm travelling tomorrow and won't be back til mid next week, so here's the next update.

Liu Jiyan heaved a long sigh and replied, “I’m afraid if I say it out now, you wouldn’t believe it.”

Ling Yuxiang was affected, “Who?”

Liu Jiyan answered gravely, “Leng Xue.”

Ling Yuxiang was stunned, the clothes on his body shaking slightly, obviously agitated. He took a moment before saying, “Impossible.”

Liu Jiyan sighed, “Indeed impossible.”

Ling Yuxiang suddenly raised his head, “Until now, I still don’t believe it. I trust Leng Xue, he is an upright young man.”

Liu Jiyan said regretfully, “I don’t believe it either but there is something that once you see it, you have no choice but to believe!” As he spoke, he took out a handkerchief, adding, “When Third Hero Jin’s incident happened, before Leng Xue and I came to his bedroom, this was taken from him.”

Ling Yuxiang looked at the handkerchief and it was full of blood. He asked agitatedly, “Blood?”

Liu Jiyan nodded his head gravely, “Blood. Third Hero Jin’s blood. Smell it and you will know for certain.”

Ling Yuxiang sniffed the handkerchief and his expression suddenly changed. He threw the handkerchief up in the air and with a knife, embedded it onto a pillar in the hall as he exclaimed, “There’s narcotic incense!” He was about to get up but felt dizzy and could not even stand properly. He kept trying to draw his sword out but he is gradually losing the strength to even pull it out. He fell onto the chair and heard Liu Jiyan chuckling.

Ling Yuxiang forced his eyes open, only to see the blurry outline of a figure and cried out with fury, “Liu Jiyan, you…”

Outside the hall.

After Ling Yuxiang and Liu Jiyan went into the inner hall, Shen Cuogu suddenly said quietly, “Brother Zhuang, Brother Gao, there is something I would like to say but I wonder if both of you would like to hear it?”

Zhuang Zhidong said with a laugh, “Why would we not want to hear what Fourth Hero Shen say?”

Shen Cuogu replied with a straight face, “What I mean is, after you hear what I say, even if you do not agree, you must not tell anyone else.”

Zhuang Zhidong answered seriously, “Fourth Hero Shen please speak your mind, I am not someone with a loose tongue.”

Gao Shanqing asked curiously, “I wonder what is it that Fourth Hero Shen would like to say?”

Shen Cuogu said somberly, “I suspect one person as the killer!”

Zhuang Zhidong’s expression changed, “Oh?”

Shen Cuogu continued, “A person we know.”

Gao Shanqing was intrigued, “Person we know?”

Shen Cuogu said icily, “Leng Xue.”

Zhiang Zhidong and Gao Shanqing took a look at each other. Zhuang Zhidong looks like he is suddenly enlightened and said, “Leng Xue… Leng Xue… hmm, sounds reasonable. The battle today at the outskirts of the city, the carriage was blocking and I don’t know if he actually fought or not. But when Second Hero Murong died, he was right next to him.”

Shen Cuogu was so agitated that his Taoist robes were fluttering, “Eldest Brother and Third Brother is the least acquainted with him but they really trust him. Now when danger is everywhere, he chose to leave. That’s not someone who is willing to fight to the death for a friend!”

Gao Shanqing was perplexed, “Fourth Hero Shen, then why didn’t you say this to Hero Ling and Brother Liu? Why won’t you let us reveal this?”

Shen Cuogu sighed, “You have no idea, but he was the one who followed Liu Jiuru, which resulted in his death. From that moment on, I’ve started suspecting him; when Fifth Brother died, he happened to be away. It seems like Fifth Brother died under the hands of someone familiar and at that time I know, it must be him. But Big Brother trusts him so much and Brother Liu is his good friend as well. I’m afraid telling them will alarm him…”

Zhuang Zhidong replied, “Brother Shen is indeed acute.”

Gao Shanqing asked, “I wonder how Brother Shen plans to deal with such a despicable person.”

Shen Cuogu smiled frostily, “Since Big Brother and Brother Liu will never agree, why don’t we wait for Leng Xue to come back, then we’ll apprehend him and force him to confess. We need not worry he will not admit it then.”

Gao Shanqing clasped his hands and exclaim, “Marvelous plan.”

Zhuang Zhidong turned around and paid his respects at the altar, saying “If we can find the real killer by doing this, the three heroes will be able to rest in peace in Heaven.”

The flags next to the altar were fluttering although there is no wind, and the candles dimmed and flickered. It is indeed eerie and the cold wind howling outside sounds like the cries of ghosts who have suffered injustice.

Zhuang Zhidong was suddenly attentive, “Sounds like footsteps!”

Gao Shanqing asked, “Could it be that Leng Xue has come!”

Shen Cuogu said coldly, “It’ll be best if he has come back. Big Brother and Brother Liu are not here right now, we’ll capture him first while he is unprepared and force him to confess.”

Gao Shanqing replied, “Fine!”

Zhuang Zhidong said, “He’s coming. We’ll hide in ambush at the side of the door first and when I clap, the three of us will strike together!”

Shen Cuogu moved straight towards the door and said, “Great!”

Zhuang Zhidong and Gao Shanqing went forward as well and came to the side of the main door.

In the dark night, among the two rows of lanterns, some of them were extinguished by the gust of air made by the fluttering robes of the three of them as they dashed forward.

Shen Cuogu laid low in the darkness quietly when he suddenly exclaimed, “Why don’t I hear any footsteps at all?”

Gao Shanqing whispered, “Old Zhuang’s ears are especially sharp. Even the person with the best Lightness Skill currently won’t be able to hide from within 100 feet of him.”

Right at the time, Zhuang Zhidong who was on the other side of the door said, “Quiet, he’s nearing the door.”

Shen Cuogu made no noise as he held on to his whisk, staring at the door like a leopard.

The atmosphere in the dark night felt like pressurized explosives.

This explosive has reached a point that it should explode.

The door remained motionless.

The wind continued howling.

Suddenly Zhuang Zhidong attacked with his palm.

Shen Cuogu flew out like an arrow!

Last edited by Jean; 09-11-13 at 09:23 PM.

Thanks for the update!
    Have a safe trip!

I was right about Liu Jiyan!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    I was right about Liu Jiyan!
    I didn't expect him! I had a nagging suspicion that he would be very jealous or upset because, despite his "Divine Constable" fame, he was not included "famed constables" list:

‘Four Famed Constables of the World’ refers to: Wu Qing (Heartless), Tie Shou (Iron Hand), Zhui Ming (Chaser) and Leng Xue (Cold blooded). Surprisingly, even ‘Divine Constable’ Liu Jiyan is not included in the list.

These ‘Four Famed Constables of the World’ are all among the best pugilists in the martial arts realm and each have their own special capabilities, and Leng Xue is one of them.

Probably trying to set LX up...

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    I didn't expect him! I had a nagging suspicion that he would be very jealous or upset because, despite his "Divine Constable" fame, he was not included "famed constables" list:

‘Four Famed Constables of the World’ refers to: Wu Qing (Heartless), Tie Shou (Iron Hand), Zhui Ming (Chaser) and Leng Xue (Cold blooded). Surprisingly, even ‘Divine Constable’ Liu Jiyan is not included in the list.

These ‘Four Famed Constables of the World’ are all among the best pugilists in the martial arts realm and each have their own special capabilities, and Leng Xue is one of them.

Probably trying to set LX up...
    There were several suspicious indicators:

1) Liu Jiyan had no alibi when Shen died:

Liu Jiyan said, “Why don’t we trouble Brother Ling to send someone to inform Fourth Hero Shen to release the people in the hall. It’s no use retaining them. No one expected such a thing to happen so when it the incident occurred, a lot of them would not have been in the hall. Take me for example, I was in the garden admiring the bamboos at that time. If we follow this trail of investigation, I’m afraid even I will be under suspicion as well.”

2) The killer was someone they trusted, much like Liu Jiyan

3) Before Shen died, he said 'Liu':

Murong Shuiyun answered woefully, “Third Brother sounded like he said ‘You, Lou…’ and then he died…

4) When Gui died, the last person they saw near him was Liu, and again, the killer struck at a weak point which only a close friend would know, like Liu.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Fifth Famed Constable: Ren Wo Xing!
    Seriously, great analysis.

I suspected Liu Jiyan because of the following factors:

1) In a series called "Four Great Constables", it makes no literary sense for there to be a great constable that is not in the said four constables;

2) Although it does not say what age the descendants of Ba Shuren were, it says they were drinking and having fun so they were presumably young, and Liu Jiyan's age ten years ago would be appropriate;

3) Ba Shuren got killed 10 years ago, whereas Liu Jiyan has been friends with the 5 dragons for 7 years. This makes sense if Liu Jiyan went into hiding, trained in martial arts, and then attempted to become friends with the 5 dragons for the purpose of getting revenge.

4) Leng Xue is very obviously not the killer, in fact he is the only person we know for sure is not the killer (besides the guys who got killed) since we get his POV. Leng Xue and Liu Jiyan are compared and are opposites of each other, for example sitting vs standing and this makes it seem as if they may be in opposition.

5) Liu Jiyan attacking the wall felt suspicious, perhaps he was attacking Ah Fu;

6) The fact that Liu Jiyan went with Gui Jingyuan and then Gui Jingyuan died was suspcious, also the fact that Liu Jiyan was injured. It is quite possible that Gui Jingyuan was the guy who injured him;

7) Liu Jiyan wanting to go along with Ling Yuxiang was the final straw.
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

Thanks Jean

ok I am back... and to continue the story....

But the door remained motionless.

Could it be that Zhuang Zhidong heard wrongly?

Shen Cuogu could feel that Zhang Zhidong and Gao Shanqing has also leapt up into the air.

Suddenly both of them have sandwiched him.

Shen Cuogu was stunned and suddenly in the dark night there was a ‘whoosh’, a shiny white jade staff is coming right towards his chest. The speed of the attack is indescribable!

Shen Cuogu’s heart fell. Although he is in midair and his prowess scattered, he could still take in a deep breath and retreat backwards!

But at the same time, Zhuang Zhidong shouted from behind, “Hammer!”

The sound of chains whooshed from behind. By the time Shen Cuogu heard this sound, his back has already been swiftly pierced by a weapon which was quickly extracted again. Fresh blood spurted, a tragic sight!

A bloody fountain gushed out in midair!

Shen Cuogu’s body spurted blood in the dark night, dropping down a few feet away.

What a good Shen Cuogu, who actually managed to stand up as he landed. He staggered a few steps and leaned against a tree, the moon shining down on him. Shen Cuogu’s black robes was bloodied, his face filled with disbelief and fury, looking extremely frightening.

Shen Cuogu hissed, “You…!” Blood trickled from the side of his lips, he was unable to talk.

The short and stout Zhuang Zhidong said with a slight smile, “That’s right, it’s us.” He’s holding the bloodied chain hammer in his hand, swinging from its chains.

Gao Shanqing was looking at his bloodied staff and chortled triumphantly, “Descendants of Sword Devil, can you die in peace now?”

Shen Cuogu suddenly roared like a wild beast, the whisk in his hand suddenly seem to become a thousand long needles and shot out of the stick!

Zhuang Zhidong was taken aback by this move and waved his chain hammer, hitting the whisk to the ground!

Gao Shanqing was also busy dancing around with his jade staff, whirring it around such that nothing can get past!

But his left leg seems to be not quite nimble so it got pierced by one of the hairs of the whisk. He roared out in pain and pulled it out, with a little blood flowing out.

Zhuang Zhidong cried out worriedly, “Junior Brother, how are you?”

Gao Shanqing borne the pain and replied, “No problem, luckily it did not strike any vital points. I didn’t expect this old bugger would have such intense internal energy!”

Looking at Shen Cuogu by the side, he has already collapsed against the tree on the ground, his eyes bloodshot even in death.

Zhuang Zhidong said frostily, “But he still died!”

Gao Shanqing held on to his would and said, “I wonder if Eldest Senior have succeeded?”

Zhuang Zhidong said with an icy smile, “When has Eldest Senior ever failed in anything?”

Gao Shanqing laughed, “Then let us send this old bugger’s body to the inner hall and let that old man take a look at his beloved younger brother’s state.”

Zhuang Zhidong suddenly asked, “Should we be worried if Leng Xue will suddenly return?”

Gao Shanqing laughed, “Second Senior Brother, you worry too much. Didn’t that lad say he’ll only come back on the third watch?”

Zhuang Zhidong laughed, “Really, he is so inexperienced, how can he be considered a famed constable. As the saying goes, ‘if the King of Hell wants someone dead at the third watch, who would dare let him live until the fifth watch’. He will die at the third watch, he can’t even die earlier.”

Gao Shanqing said, “Even if he comes back now and find out about what we did, so what. He’ll never be a match against us!”

Zhuang Zhidong was suddenly attentive as he listened intently. His expression changed as he cried out, “Oh no, he is indeed back!”

Gao Shanqing was alarmed, “Really?”

Zhuang Zhidong said, “This lad is highly skilled, it’ll be better if we deal with him with a ruse.”

Gao Shanqing replied, “All right!” He hurriedly ran to where Shen Cuogu’s body is and covered it up with some grass and messed up the bloodstains on the ground with his feet.

Zhuang Zhidong cried out urgently, “Hurry, he’s almost here!”

Gao Shanqing hurriedly adjusted his robes as the door creaked open. Under the moonlight, Leng Xue walked in, dressed in white.

Zhuang Zhidong moved, as if he is about to strike but suddenly stopped himself and said with a smile, “I thought who it could be, so it turns out to be Brother Leng. I almost struck you in error and would have ended up suffering under Brother Leng’s attacks.”

Gao Shanqing welcomed him with a smile, “Brother Leng, didn’t you say you’ll be back at the third watch? It’s not even the first watch yet, have you settled all your matters?”

Leng Xue glanced at the both of them and said nonchalantly, “Everything’s settled. I decided to come back earlier for a look because I was worried.”

Dark clouds gathered and covered the cool moon, even the stars dimmed, leaving only the two rows of lanterns, some of which were extinguished.

Zhuang Zhidong suddenly exclaimed, “Someone attacked earlier.”

Leng Xue was stirred, “Oh, who?”

Zhuang Zhidong replied, “They were all masked!”

Leng Xue pressed on, “How are Hero Ling and Hero Shen?”

Zhuang Zhidong answered, “They are not injured but they have retreated to the inner hall, it’s easier to fight in there.”

Leng Xue said, “Then let’s go in as well.”

Zhuang Zhidong looks as if he’s in a difficult position and mumbled, “But…”

Leng Xue asked curiously, “But what?”

Zhuang Zhidong replied, “We’re saying this with good intention, and hope that Brother Leng won’t be angry.”

Leng Xue answered, “All right, just say what you want, I definitely won’t be angry.”

Zhuang Zhidong said, “Hero Ling and the rest suspect that you’re the killer.”

Leng Xue was startled for a moment before he asked in exasperation, “What about you guys? Do you believe it?”

Zhuang Zhidong said, “If we had believed it, we won’t be telling you this. But…”

Leng Xue asked, “But what?”

Zhuang Zhidong continued, “They really have the evidence, I have no choice but to believe.”

Leng Xue smiled icily, “What evidence would that be?”

Zhuang Zhidong searched for something around his waist as he said, “Let me show you…”

Leng Xue was concentrating on the thing that Zhuang Zhidong is taking out.

Zhuang Zhidong is not taking anything out, but unbuttoning a button around his waist and ‘clasp’ the chain hammer is now in his hand.

Leng Xue was stunned, there was a ‘whoosh’ from behind as an attack sliced through the air!

Gao Shanqing’s white jade staff!

Leng Xue was originally distracted so by right he would not be able to avoid it!

Thanks, and welcome back!!!

Thanks Jean.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Thanks Jean

to continue....

Liu Jiyan took a chair, smoking his pipe in the dark inner hall. The fiery light shimmered, the flickering light reflecting on Liu Jiyan’s face.

Ling Yuxiang is staring at Liu Jiyan.

But he is unable to sit up straight.

Liu Jiyan smoked a few puffs, took a triumphant glance at Ling Yuxiang and suddenly chuckled, “I know what you want to ask me.”

Ling Yuxiang did not answer but continued staring at Liu Jiyan angrily.

Liu Jiyan doesn’t seem to have noticed and just continued, “What affected you is ‘Ruanyu Incense’. It is used especially by emperors to deal with disobedient concubines to protect themselves. Those who are drugged by this incense, even if their internal energy is the best in the world, they won’t be able to stand up within the first two hours, nor try to talk or shout.”

Ling Juxiang stared at Liu Jiyan angrily. Liu Jiyan laughed loudly and continued, “I know you are angry with me. Indeed, Gui Jingyuan, Jin Shenghuang were all killed by me; Murong Shuiyun was killed by my Second and Third Junior Brothers. We are the descendants of Sword Devil.”

Ling Yuxiang stared at Liu Jiyan, his eyes shooting fire. Liu Jiyan chortled, “You can forget about expecting Shen Cuogu to come and save you. I’m afraid right now, he has is already accompanying Murong Shuiyun, Jin Shenghuang, Gui Jingyuan!”

Liu Jiyan sat down slowly, changed the tobacco and inhaled deeply. The tobacco glowed red.

Gao Shanqing took the moment when Leng Xue was concentrating on the thing that Zhuang Zhidong was taking out to strike with his jade staff swiftly right towards Leng Xue’s back!

‘Flying Blood Sword Devil’s’ Flying Blood Sword Stance, which he used on his staff, is indeed not to be belittled!

The pointed end of the staff cut thru the air rapidly, causing the air to vibrate.

Right at this time, Leng Xue suddenly crashed backwards.

At a time like this, Leng Xue is moving backward instead of forward, undoubtedly it’s akin to smashing himself towards the pointed staff!

Gao Shanqing was taken aback but he did not change the stance of his staff and continued stabbing forward!

It’s as if Leng Xue expected Gao Shanqing to make such an attack so when he moved backwards, his body would have shifted a little. The sharp staff pierced into Leng Xue’s body!

Leng Xue’s retreat did not slow down and at the same time, Leng Xue has already drawn his sword with a ‘zing’!

Gao Shanqing was shocked to discover that his staff had went below Leng Xue’s left rib and did not manage to pierce Leng Xue at all!

But Leng Xue has slid up the staff and collided back!

Leng Xue drew his sword, stabbing from the front towards the back from below his right rib!

Gao Shanqing quickly tried to retreat but realized his staff has been held on tightly.

If Gao Shanqing choose to give up his staff and retreat immediately, he might be able to escape but Gao Shanqing’s white jade staff has always been with him and now he is shocked when the staff is suddenly stuck!

Before he could recover from his shock, Leng Xue’s body has stuck to his body and Leng Xue’s thin sword pierced through Gao Shanqing’s stomach!

Blood spurted out from Gao Shanqong’s back!

Gao Shanqing gave a frightful roar as he abandoned his staff and wrapped his arms around Leng Xue, trying to crush him to death!

At the same time, Zhuang Zhidong has taken out his chain hammer and was about to strike but was stunned when he saw Leng Xue retreating instead of advancing.

At that moment, he saw Gao Shanqing’s staff poking out from beneath left rib, which means to say Gao Shanqing’s staff has missed its target.

Once this target is missed, Gao Shaqing will be in danger!

Zhuang Zhidong roared at the same time and attacked with his hammer!

This hammer is crashing straight towards Leng Xue’s chest!

And right before that instant, Leng Xue’s sword has already succeeded in his attack.

Once Leng Xue struck with his sword, he immediately rolled to the side. There’s no time even for him to remove his sword.

Leng Xue rolled towards the side, which means Zhuang Zhidong’s hammer missed its target and the hammer ended up pounding on Gao Shanqing’s chest!

Gao Shanqing is already in unbearable pain so how could he have avoided this attack in time?

‘Crush’, the hammer pounded into Gao Shanqing’s chest.

Gao Shanqing cried out, Zhuang Zhidong was startled again and hurriedly retracted his hammer.

It would have been better if he had not retracted his hammer because once he did so, the flesh that was stuck to the hammer was pulled out together!

The hammer was retracted, blood spurted.

Gao Shanqing roared halfway and fell down, unable to make any more noise.

Zhuang Zhidong was shocked again.

While he was still in shock, Leng Xue had rolled back and pulled out the sword from Gao Shanqing’s belly.

Zhuang Zhidong is after all an experienced fighter and once he saw Leng Xue’s sword back hin his hands, he pulled on the chain and the hammer ‘whoosh’ around in a circle, extinguishing all the lanterns around them!

Zhuang Zhidong has swiftly changed his position, hiding behind the door and sweating.

He cannot figure out why Leng Xue would be on his guard against them.

He’s not sure where Leng Xue is right now as well.

The surrounding is in pitch black darkness, nothing can be seen. The dark cloud that is covering the moon has yet to disperse.

He is only certain of one thing, his sense of hearing is the best among all the constables in the world so extinguishing the light is more advantageous to him then to the enemy.

Once the enemy makes any movement, he will be able to strike, to use his chain hammer and smash his enemy’s chest without the enemy even know where he is!

He knows that his weapon is far longer than Leng Xue’s, this is the most advantageous when dealing with the enemy in the darkness.

Just that he does not know if Leng Xue is aware of his extraordinary hearing.

He also does not know that although Leng Xue does not have extraordinary hearing, he has extraordinary sight.

But anyone with a normal sense of smell will know that in the darkness, the smell of blood is especially thick.

And those with a sense of feel will know that in the darkness, the air of murderous intent is even more frighteningly thick.