Thread: The Yau Brothers' double sword technique - how good was it?

Default The Yau Brothers' double sword technique - how good was it?

The Yau Brothers' renowned double sword technique was defeated by Kiu Fung at Tsui Yin Manor and consequently, the disgraced brothers committed suicide.

With only a few exceptions, most wulin warriors in DGSD would lose to Kiu Fung. How good was the Yau Brothers' technique? How would it fare against opponents such as Deun Yin Hing or Mo Yung Fook?

Nothing especially note worthy. I'm sure them individually would be no match for MRF.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Nothing especially note worthy. I'm sure them individually would be no match for MRF.
    They were able to last a short while against Kiu Fung, longer than Wan Chung Hok did. That being the case, I thought that although Kiu Fung humiliated them, they'd be pretty good against most other people in DGSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    They were able to last a short while against Kiu Fung, longer than Wan Chung Hok did. That being the case, I thought that although Kiu Fung humiliated them, they'd be pretty good against most other people in DGSD.
    Hmm, not really. Yun Zhonghe wasn't even fighting XF; XF kinda 'through the air' suckerpunched him. XF basically whacked at them with a sabre, they blocked, he saw that their shields were really hard and damaged the sabre, so he tossed the sabre, then took the shields away from them. Two moves. lol
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

They survived the first move due to their vastly superior weapon. In effect, XF pretty much destroyed them in one move
    Last edited by PJ; 09-13-13 at 05:27 PM.

They survived the first move due to their vastly superior weapon. In effect, XF pretty much destroyed them in one move
    In your estimation, would either or both brothers be likely to defeat or at least match the likes of Wan Chung Hok or Divine Crocodile? What about the brothers vs. two of Deun Jing Tsun's bodyguards?

In your estimation, would either or both brothers be likely to defeat or at least match the likes of Wan Chung Hok or Divine Crocodile? What about the brothers vs. two of Deun Jing Tsun's bodyguards?
    It's just too hard to tell. This was the entire scene:

1) They bring out their wheels.
    2) Xiao Feng takes a whack at one of them.
    3) Block with wheels, the sabre is deformed.
    4) Xiao Feng goes, "Hey, nice shield."
    5) They try to hit Xiao Feng. Xiao Feng punches the shields in the middle, and they drop the shields as their hands go numb and in fact their thumbs and fingers split and start bleeding.
    6) Xiao Feng starts kicking *** with the shields.
    7) They commit suicide.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

They could be anywhere from much worse than Evil #4 to a little better than Evil #4. That whole range would get defeated by XF in one move. Like Ren said, not much information is there.

Comparing their limited description to others, it makes me think they're not up to par with Evil #4. At least the evildoer's qing gong was notable. What were You Brothers known for? Impulsively committing suicide is about all

They could be anywhere from much worse than Evil #4 to a little better than Evil #4. That whole range would get defeated by XF in one move. Like Ren said, not much information is there.

Comparing their limited description to others, it makes me think they're not up to par with Evil #4. At least the evildoer's qing gong was notable. What were You Brothers known for? Impulsively committing suicide is about all
    One of the brothers spawned Yau Tan Tze, who was sort of the wuxia personification of mediocrity.

I figure the Yau Brothers must have been big shots, because Tsui Yin Manor was their property, and they were the designated hosts of the Heroes Conference to Hunt Down Kiu Fung. Having that kind of "face" in wulin usually meant one of three things: 1). having superior martial arts, 2). having great wealth, or 3). both.

I figure that the Yaus had great wealth and at least decent martial arts.

I figure the Yau Brothers must have been big shots, because Tsui Yin Manor was their property, and they were the designated hosts of the Heroes Conference to Hunt Down Kiu Fung. Having that kind of "face" in wulin usually meant one of three things: 1). having superior martial arts, 2). having great wealth, or 3). both.

I figure that the Yaus had great wealth and at least decent martial arts.
    This was explained in the novel. The brothers were well known but not particularly respected. They were wealthy and could afford to host. The only reason they got so many attendees was because of Dr. Xue's presence.

This was explained in the novel. The brothers were well known but not particularly respected. They were wealthy and could afford to host. The only reason they got so many attendees was because of Dr. Xue's presence.
    Hmmm...then I figure they were probably around Tzor Tze Muk's level, both in martial arts and wulin prestige.