Thread: Kind of inconsiderate of Ah Chu to just abandon her boss without even giving notice.

Default Kind of inconsiderate of Ah Chu to just abandon her boss without even giving notice.

From the time that she was very young, Ah Chu served the Mo Yung Family faithfully and loyally...even risking her life (and nearly losing it) to steal the Yik Gun Ging for Mo Yung Fook.

Subsequently, Ah Chu fell in love with Kiu Fung and decided to follow him for the rest of her (short) life.

That's OK, but don't you think it was a little inconsiderate of Ah Chu to not at least write a letter to Mo Yung Fook to tell him that she was resigning to get married? The concept of "two weeks notice" to your employer didn't exist back then, but even so, I think she owed the Mo Yungs at least a letter of resignation.

You must be reading the DGSD translation. The latest update has Madame Wang griping about exactly that.

Maybe she did give them a courtesy notice off screen.

I don't recall when Madam Wang referred to it. If it was when she captured Ah Zhu and Ah Bi and Duan yu, then it was before Ah Zhu met XF. Otherwise, I don't think Madam Wang appeared again until after Ah Zhu passed away. If the comment was after then, it may or may not be accurate depending on the context.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

It was during Jiumozhi's duel with Xuzhu, and thinking back to when he eavesdropped on Madame Wang and Ding Chunqiu, with the Madame b!tching about Ah Zhu and Ah Bi disappearing, while DCQ barely took any notice of her as he was reading the account books which the little formless skill was written in.

i'm sure you got hired and fired on the spot, there was no paperwork lol