Thread: How did GJ and HR perform daily necessities while forced to be immobile?

Default How did GJ and HR perform daily necessities while forced to be immobile?

After suffering a palm from OYF, GJ was forced to recuperate at Niu Village; He had to be still and have his palm joined with HR for 7 days and nights without moving.

How did they eat, or relieve themselves? When meditating, do people sleep?

Apparently, watermelons supplied them with all the nutrients they needed for seven days and seven nights (remind me to *never* hire Jin Yong as my dietician). As for lavatory needs, we'd best not go there.

Realized I could have added another lesson for wuxia - no need to relieve oneself for days/months/years.

Do we know for sure they didn't relieve and stink up the place?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

If they did stink up the place, it was amazing they weren't discovered by the people that came into the house!

Dung beetles, yes, that's a perfectly good explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyzebear View Post
    If they did stink up the place, it was amazing they weren't discovered by the people that came into the house!
    Stinky houses should be common back then
    Last edited by PJ; 10-24-13 at 03:48 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Just caught the 2008 LOCH adaptation. The GJ or HR are almost straight out of an idol drama. So they didn't look like they ever got too dirty :P

There was one thing HR said though, when she left GJ after formulating a plan to attack Jin,
    She said (or as the adaptation went), " I am not scared to think of you(GJ). It is enough for me to relive (the best parts of) my life. Even though it might be painful, I can take it."

I happen to think quite the same. In today's world people are always geared for the future; the future is what you can change, you can't change the past. The future is where your success lies. Let go of your past.
    I find all these quite simply, unacceptable.
    In first place, thinking and reliving your past(even regrets) and planning for your future are not dichotomous.
    And most importantly, people forget what you're living for. Success (or potential success) is attractive and appealing, but life is more than that. It's about meaning, and meaning comes in the form of accumulation of memories throughout life.
    With this said, I would like to recommend LOCH 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by juvetb View Post
    Just caught the 2008 LOCH adaptation. The GJ or HR are almost straight out of an idol drama. So they didn't look like they ever got too dirty :P

There was one thing HR said though, when she left GJ after formulating a plan to attack Jin,
    She said (or as the adaptation went), " I am not scared to think of you(GJ). It is enough for me to relive (the best parts of) my life. Even though it might be painful, I can take it."

I happen to think quite the same. In today's world people are always geared for the future; the future is what you can change, you can't change the past. The future is where your success lies. Let go of your past.
    In first place, thinking and reliving your past(even regrets) and planning for your future are not dichotomous.
    And most importantly, people forget what you're living for. Success (or potential success) is attractive and appealing, but life is more than that. It's about meaning, and meaning comes in the form of accumulation of memories throughout life.
    With this said, I would like to recommend LOCH 2008.
    The 2003 adaptation with Li Yapeng and Zhou Xun is the closest to the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by juvetb View Post

I'll say this for people from the world of wuxia: they seem to be much more committed to their values and principles than people in the modern, real world do. People today often talk about values and principles, but not many actually seem to want to carry through with them all the way.