+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Bangkok: Please advise

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,712

    Default Bangkok: Please advise

    Calling Bangkok spcneters. I will be visiting Bangkok for a holiday in two weeks time. Will the protests die down by then? Is it advisable not to wear yellow or red? I am thinking of bringing two red T-shirts. Thanks much.

  2. #2
    Moderator CrazyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    I'm flying into Bangkok in a few hours. My friend said if we keep away from the government buildings and the protests, tourists shouldn't be affected. I don't think anyone wants to scare all the tourists away. Although I don't plan to wear any red or yellow while I'm there.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    I am just back. Everything is peaceful.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    3,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
    I'm flying into Bangkok in a few hours. My friend said if we keep away from the government buildings and the protests, tourists shouldn't be affected. I don't think anyone wants to scare all the tourists away. Although I don't plan to wear any red or yellow while I'm there.
    How is everything there? Personally, I wouldn't go there because who know what the protesters are capable with. I wouldn't surprise if they take the tourists for hostage and use them as their bargaining chips.

  5. #5
    Moderator CrazyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    How is everything there? Personally, I wouldn't go there because who know what the protesters are capable with. I wouldn't surprise if they take the tourists for hostage and use them as their bargaining chips.
    I've been here a few days already and I'm not worry about my safety at all. The protesters stay in their protest zones and don't really bother the tourists. I even walked through the protest zone and everything was fine.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    3,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
    I've been here a few days already and I'm not worry about my safety at all. The protesters stay in their protest zones and don't really bother the tourists. I even walked through the protest zone and everything was fine.
    Good luck to you. It's not the case that the protesters want to go after tourists but sometimes things go wrong and the tourists are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Similar Threads

  1. please advise what korean drama to watch
    By honluu in forum Japanese/Korean Dramas
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-16-09, 05:36 PM
  2. TVB Series Rental - in Bangkok
    By CLEU2005 in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-06, 04:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts