Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Joe Chen Qiao En (陈乔恩) - Page 30
Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Chen Qiao En (陈乔恩)

Quote Originally Posted by dramalala View Post
    "Frog Prince" was a red-hot popular drama, back then many fan-subbing group did the project.

You seem quite new to her. Which dramas of Joe have you already watched?
    I accidentally caught her in Swordsman 2013 (which arose due to the current discussion on "Romance of the Condor Heroes")
    I liked her (despite playing DFBB) and watched her in Queen of SOP. The drama was uneven but she was good.
    That brought me to FTLY and I was hooked. And I had always thought "Joe" Chen was a male actor...

"Easy fortune" is boring. I blame it on the script and directing. And the male lead who seems to emote only anger for the better part of the series. But Chen is a natural...Her eyes could probably resolve the Middle East conflict

Quote Originally Posted by dramalala View Post
    Secret 1: Beautiful Joe Chen is actually "Ugly girl"?
    Joe has been termed "Taiwan idol drama queen" not just because the dramas she filmed has set ultra high ratings, but also because of her pretty "queen" aura. However, Happy Camp reveals that Joe is actually an "Ugly girl"! and even showed clips of Joe when she was "ugly". Looking at the weird and ugly Joe on screen, the audience all couldn't help but exclaim "Is that really Joe Chen?"
    Joe carefreely admitted that it was her but she's not a natural born ugly girl. All those "ugly girl" outfits and images were sacrifices made for passing her company's tests for their artistes.
    She is one of the very few that can both be "ugly" (I think the word is "plain") and beautiful.
    She reminds me of Anita Mui of Hong Kong (in comedies), but Anita could never be "beautiful" in Joe's way. However, both their faces have the ability to show emotions that seem so real.

Default Street Performance

Fashion Modelling for:
    1.红蓝格纹大衣/ Chloe
    2.红色针织衫/ DKNY
    3.白色修身呢子裙/Dsquared2
    4.笑脸包/Celine
    5.黑色和金色蝴蝶结凉鞋/ Christian Louboutin

http://xw.qq.com/fashion/20141117005527
    Last edited by dramalala; 01-27-15 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    She is one of the very few that can both be "ugly" (I think the word is "plain") and beautiful.
    She reminds me of Anita Mui of Hong Kong (in comedies), but Anita could never be "beautiful" in Joe's way. However, both their faces have the ability to show emotions that seem so real.
    Someone also told to me, Joe reminds her of a younger and sweeter Anita Mui.

Haha they purposely made her look ugly because the character was supposed to be "an ugly girl" her company want to tested her commitment and acting ability.

Thats what I call an actress, she was totally in character.
    remember Frog Prince day how they need to cuted her hair short, and painted with strange colors, because 'Ye Tian Yu' not supposed to look pretty. or when, the way she acted 'the silly' Chen Xin Yi.
    I still laugh when I remember that scene in FTLY, CXY running full speed as she rushed for the full-of-people lift, carrying coffee as she tried desperately to keep her balance her stren black-rimmed spectacles sat crooked on her nose. LOL so silly *hillarious*

Joe Chen's acting ROCKS!

Her tears moves me and gets me to cry along with her, her happiness on-screen will rub off on me and her anger gets me angry too. When watching she act, I can sense the emotions coming off her and she's really into the character. Joe have the ability to draw audience into the film that much.

Btw, If you are not used with 'Joe' name you can call her Qiao En.

Instructor Bao so serious!

DTLY team play basket ball

Got hold of "frog prince" but have only previewed 10 minutes of ep 1. Was surprised to see Ming Dao is the lead (the supporting actor in Queen of SOP).

Trying (painfully) to finish "easy fortune". A waste of Qiao En's talent here. Will finish this quickly (now at ep 12) and start "frog prince".

Imagine - I put 3 movies (John Wick, Kenshin -legend ends, and Rise of the Legend) on the back-burner, just so I could have the time to watch Qiao En. Real fan.

Last edited by dramalala; 01-27-15 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    Got hold of "frog prince" but have only previewed 10 minutes of ep 1. Was surprised to see Ming Dao is the lead (the supporting actor in Queen of SOP).

Trying (painfully) to finish "easy fortune". A waste of Qiao En's talent here. Will finish this quickly (now at ep 12) and start "frog prince".

Imagine - I put 3 movies (John Wick, Kenshin -legend ends, and Rise of the Legend) on the back-burner, just so I could have the time to watch Qiao En. Real fan.
    Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends a must watch! I watched it a couple months ago in my local theater.. wow live action movie! Tell me how is Rise of legend? I'll download it later to check out how Eddie act it.

Hehe FYI, MingEn (Ming Dao & Qiao En) was a famous pairing, they have many shippers even till today! They always sweet together on and off screen. And, MD was The Queen of SOP Producer.

Talking about Joe, she's my favorite Taiwan actress... but actually, mainly because her personality off-stage that attracted me... she's been through a lot. She has alot of show back then in Taiwan, beside Tdramas used to have many BTS, and she did many hosting jobs too.

She's down to earth and so REAL, straightforward.
    She is really carefree and doesn't really bother with who says what about her. She's just being who she is and what she likes. That's what I really like about Joe.

She's cute in her own way and doesn't have to try... she's very versatile and very appealing... her cheerful and bubbly personality suit well to do hosting,. and she's funny

So playful

Have not watched rise of the legend yet. I'm johnny-come-lately to chinese and taiwan movie scenes (being disappointed with lots of the current offerings), so don't really know actors like Eddie, etc. Other than angelababy, most newcomers were new to me

I did a fast run thro - not too bad a story-line but as don't expect a "wong fei hung" type of movie (ala Jet Li).

I noticed in the earlier series, they couldn't part Qiao En's hair in a straight line.
    Was wondering about that until I saw your pics.

Is age catching up with her, and her hairline is receding?

http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/685086b8...23a826ou11.jpg
    http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/685086b8...23a826o7wm.jpg

Eddie Peng is not a newcomer He has some good movies under his belt.

No, its just a hairstyle they pick for her role as an instructor. She not stick to it. You can see her recent events with different hairstyles including a straight line hair on weibo, youku, youtube, but mostly in chinese.

Xiu Xiu

Disney Princess Ambassador