Thread: The Four 2

Default The Four 2

The Four 2 just came out today in China.

Yeah, the first wasn't that crash hot in many respects, but there is just something about this movie trilogy adaptation that really resonates with me. The theme song for this second installment is awesome.

Theme song: "Letting Go" by Hu Xia.

I've searched all sites - English and Chinese - about The Four 2. Come on, there has to be fans in China that bring something more to the Web beside rehashed news.

Do I mind Wu Qing becoming female? Nope. I think it refreshing. It's like :O for purists of The Four, but I prefer a bit of Yin presence to stir up the traditional boys club. I've also always been intrigued by crippled heroes. The traditional Wu Qing was very Zen and accepting to me (most of the time anyway), as a consequence of his disability. As inspiring as that is, it feels more human and gritty to me that Wu Qing would be portrayed with a disability that colours the character's personality and relationships.

the sequel's out already? have to admit, i didn't love the first one but i am curious as to how this trilogy's gonna play out...can't say i love the love triangle though. it just feels so frustrating and forced -_-
    i do love the theme song though! it's really good! the beginning kinda reminded me of Hua Pi's theme song by Zhang Liang Ying...i love that one too.
    Have you seen the movie yet? (guessing no since it just came out haha) I'm curious now...

I just tell myself there is no love triangle. It's quite clear that Wu Qing and Leng Xue are into each other - the lady constable seems like a third leg just to create the idea of a love triangle.

I'm watching the movie once some helpful soul posts it online ChineseChik525 .

i didn't even realized this was a trilogy. I thought it was only 2? this is the end isn't it?

The first was 'meh' but i figured as much since it was an introduction to characters, the second one looks more promising except for the whole love triangle and the fact she was walking. Can't she learn some kind of snake kung fu instead and slither around on the floor killing people.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Lol...Wu Qing learning the Golden Sword Technique? The Four meets Sword Stained with Royal Blood.

I don't mind Wu Qing walking only if it's temporary. It makes it all the more tragic when she gets back into that wheelchair. If Four 2 is having the character fully recovered, I'm betting something happens in Four 3 where Wu Qing goes back to being paralyzed (most likely a sacrifice for an important person). According to some spoilers, Wu Qing walks because

click to show/hide spoilers
    help from Tie Shou's internal power/Qi

I don't know how that works, but the Four trilogy generally demands a lot of suspended belief, so I guess it's one of those moments. It's no spoiler that Tie Shou is the one who saves Wu Qing from the prison, so he might of needed to do something desperate to get her out of there. If Wu Qing had been tortured and could not physically move, with a wave of guards coming, I don't think Tie Shou would've been able to carry and fend off all the attackers on his own. Maybe if Wu Qing were in top form, but that wasn't the case.

The torture looks nasty by the way. Trust them to torture the cripple.

Four 2 and 3 were both filmed and wrapped at the same time - poor, over-worked filming crew! Hope that means Four 3 comes out earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Lol...Wu Qing learning the Golden Sword Technique? The Four meets Sword Stained with Royal Blood.

I don't mind Wu Qing walking only if it's temporary. It makes it all the more tragic when she gets back into that wheelchair. If Four 2 is having the character fully recovered, I'm betting something happens in Four 3 where Wu Qing goes back to being paralyzed (most likely a sacrifice for an important person). According to some spoilers, Wu Qing walks because

help from Tie Shou's internal power/Qi

I don't know how that works, but the Four trilogy generally demands a lot of suspended belief, so I guess it's one of those moments. It's no spoiler that Tie Shou is the one who saves Wu Qing from the prison, so he might of needed to do something desperate to get her out of there. If Wu Qing had been tortured and could not physically move, with a wave of guards coming, I don't think Tie Shou would've been able to carry and fend off all the attackers on his own. Maybe if Wu Qing were in top form, but that wasn't the case.

The torture looks nasty by the way. Trust them to torture the cripple.

Four 2 and 3 were both filmed and wrapped at the same time - poor, over-worked filming crew! Hope that means Four 3 comes out earlier.
    did you watch it already NuDaFu? where?

No ChineseChik525. I'm just reading reviews and news tit bits .

I thought Wu Qing and Tie Shou had a really good sister-brother bond - especially apparent when characters don't get to talk much. I believe it might have a basis on real life. Collin Chou (Tie Shou) admitted in an interview that during filming, his two sisters committed suicide. He still had to soldier on for filming despite the tragedy. I salute the guy for his fortitude.

When Liu Yi Fei (Wu Qing) heard of it, she apparently was moved to tears and declared she could be his sister from now on.

Out of this tragedy, I'm paying particular attention to Wu Qing and Tie Shou scenes. The way they rely on each other is moving to watch. Inadvertently, it makes their standoff in the end of Four 2 all the more gritty and raw.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdKeYpcsPrY" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

more information here
    http://www.ancientchinese.net/index....24951#msg24951

woow great tradedy about his 2 sisters...
    Nudafu...thank for the song ^^...amazing song ^^

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/414410AdaLiuYan26611237212.jpg')

Ada Liu Yan 柳岩

Popular Chinese Ada Liu Yan (主播柳岩) is also nicknamed "the sexiest anchorwoman" in China for her beautiful figure and her unique personality.

Profile of Liu Yan
    Name: Ada Liu Yan
    Chinese: 柳岩
    Nationality: Han Chinese
    Birthplace: Hengyang City, Hunan Province
    Birthday: November 8,1980
    Height: 163cm
    Weight: 48kg
    Education:Graduated from Hunan Normal University
    Chinese zodiac: Monkey
    Measurements: 82cm,58cm,92cm

Filmographie
    The Four 2
    / 四大名捕2 (2013)
    Badges of Fury
    / 不二神探(2013)
    • The Next 11 Days / 冰雪11天 (2012)
    • Hui Ji Hui Ji / 灰机灰机 (2012)
    • The Incredible Truth / 人间蒸发 (2012)
    • Marrying Mr Perfect /嫁个100分男人 (2012)
    • The Zodiac Mystery / 十二星座离奇事件 (2012)
    • Laugh and Cry Forbidden / 哭笑不得 (2012)
    • Love keeps going / 爱上查美乐 (2011)
    • Mural / 画壁(2011)
    • The Secret History of Concubine Yang /杨贵妃秘史 (2010)
    • Mars Baby / 火星没事 (2009)
    • Painted Skin / 画皮 (2008)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/438544AdaLiuYan2661123721.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/371865AdaLiuYan26611237213.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/950871AdaLiuYan26611237214.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/859728AdaLiuYan26611237215.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/724549AdaLiuYan26611237216.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/975389AdaLiuYan26611237217.jpg')

Last edited by Shakespeare; 12-27-13 at 09:03 PM.

So I just finished watching a very dodgy version of the movie. Already planned to get the DVD, so my ethics are placated .

There was consistent feedback that LYF gave the best performance - especially the end scenes. A far cry from prior criticism of poor acting. I was wary of being disappointed because of all the hype. Thankfully, I was not disappointed. LYF's ending scenes were SUPERB. Instead of the typical, Four 2 dished out an emotional showdown :O. LYF carried the whole mood of the scene without overdoing it. At each flux of emotion, I expected wild-hair crazies, but every single time, LYF pulled back to keep things simmering and simmering. Even though I could feel that there could be no real 'climax' for the building crescendo - because no one could possibly win with all those lies flying about - the aim towards an anticlimax effectively convinced me of how utterly helpless Wu Qing's predicament was. Her conflict convinced me and felt real. Bravo. Definitely, bravo.

The ending scene - which everyone has seen in the MV, so no real spoiler - with Leng Xue trailing behind Wu Qing is poignant, but I don't know if because I've seen it already in the MV, or that now, we see Wu Qing and Tie Shou's conflict first, the former didn't pack such a punch. Because, the Wu Qing vs Tie Shou thing was huge. I personally thought it made the greatest impact in this sequel. It helped that Wu Qing was aiming that sword around like a pro and looked really angry. I think anger is very hard to portray believably, without making it seem like you're resorting to fits of aggression. Wu Qing didn't look just mad. She felt like she hurt so much that if she wasn't mad, she would tear apart. That is what makes anger 3D and worthwhile to watch.

Although some early movie watchers have complained about Wu Qing being able to 'walk' now, I understand the act did serve - albeit clumsily - a purpose. The very reason Wu Qing could stand to effectively point a sword at Tie Shou's throat was because of Tie Shou's efforts. That sort of 'coming full circle' theme was wonderfully done to place Wu Qing in a position of genuine conflict between feeling betrayed and gratitude. The exposition - for once - was a product of the circumstances rather than chit chat. I'm mighty impressed.

Of course, there are other bits of the movie that were subpar to say the least. The ending more than made up for it.

There wasn't really much humour this time, but I thought it terribly funny when:

Leng Xue wheeled Wu Qing to meet Yao Hua to avoid private confrontation with her

That's right. Use your crippled girlfriend to avoid confrontation .
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 01-20-14 at 09:54 AM.

I will like to ask three questions:
    1. How and why the villain in The Four 1 become "embedded" in a tree?
    2. Was Yaohua "poisoned" from the start?
    3. Nobody know that the villain is Lord An's son?

Thanks
    Last edited by wkeej; 12-31-14 at 10:25 AM.

he's father put him there to sustain his life.
    From after the first movie I believe.
    Everybody knew but he had never made a public appearance to really raise awareness, it was Premiere Cai that was the figure head.

I just marathon all three. The last battle scene is a joke and for someone called Emotionless she sure cries a lot. She's so emotional ALL THE TIME.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Yao Hua (the hot evil but really wants to be a good guy chick) in love with Emotionless in the book? She betrayed him and all that stuff.

If they had kept Yao Hua to be in love with Emotionless...this would be a totally different film and I might have enjoyed it more. Less of that really boring triangle the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    he's father put him there to sustain his life.
    From after the first movie I believe.
    Everybody knew but he had never made a public appearance to really raise awareness, it was Premiere Cai that was the figure head.

I just marathon all three. The last battle scene is a joke and for someone called Emotionless she sure cries a lot. She's so emotional ALL THE TIME.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Yao Hua (the hot evil but really wants to be a good guy chick) in love with Emotionless in the book? She betrayed him and all that stuff.

If they had kept Yao Hua to be in love with Emotionless...this would be a totally different film and I might have enjoyed it more. Less of that really boring triangle the better.
    Thanks for the answer, Linda. But it's really strange to put someone "in" a tree to sustain the life. Among the three movies, I like the third one most [though as what you mention, the anti-climax last battle scene can be better], first and lastly second. The second is quite draggy.

I found all three boring, but 3 was better for the fact there was a lot more action then randomly running around 'investigating' stuff. 2 was more interesting than 1 because 2 had the end scene when Emotionless found out about her family and got furious and when they infiltrated the prison to save Emotionless and their master. I can barely remember anything from 1.

I think the whole tree thing is about "Tree of Life", a tree is a living thing that continues to survive as long as its roots are still in tack.

Part 1 was acceptable
    Part 2 was a complete waste of time and money (both mine).
    Part 3 - Thank God its over...

you should check out the perfect insider! great murder mystery show on tvpad 4 http://www.tvpad.com/en/tvpad4-m418.html.

I want this movieeee...