Thread: EBOOK VERSIONS- **PLEASE** read before starting creating any new ones :)

Default EBOOK VERSIONS- **PLEASE** read before starting creating any new ones :)

Hi,
    I've started curating some of the translations into eBooks on my site http://wuxiatranslations.wikispaces.com/

People have got in touch to mention they have also started creating other eBook versions to post.

This is great, but in a couple of cases it turned out they were working on the same book independently (Step into the Past).

Additionally, I just received a bunch of Word versions of Gu Long books, which I am in the process of tidying up a bit before converting.

So, I'm going to update the wiki over the next few days with the eBook conversions that I have in progress or am aware somebody else addressing at the moment.

But I would suggest if you are working on a conversion, maybe reply to this thread to let others know and avoid any duplication of effort?

Have word versions of the following...
    1) Flower Guarding Bells
    2) Bordertown Wanderer
    3) Da Ren Wu(celebrity)
    4) Lu Xiaofeng Books 1-4
    5) Legendary Siblings

I have a lot more. Will give more updates when I check my library.
    Last edited by jack_ingoldsby; 08-19-13 at 06:11 PM.

How about "The Swordsman Journey" & "Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear", also by Gu Long?

1. Yufeng had translated almost all of "The Swordsman Journey", except for the 1st few boring chapters and a few boring chapters in the middle. It, the original, use to be on WuxiaSociety but that site closed a long time ago. I'm not sure if a mirror of it is still available somewhere....

2. BeeDreamer also translated 14 chapters of "Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear", and kaister and sanskritsutras re-translated the story from the start until it's conclusion. It is mirrored on Wuxiapedia though, http://wuxiapedia.com/Novels/Index/R...g-Silver-Spear

And originally published on:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...t#.UhOpQj-gjeM

kaister and sanskritsutras's translations are at:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...g#.UhOo3D-gjeM

I really liked the two story, because I had used a screen reader on it, and it seemed interesting & had great fulfilling endings. I also saw the "Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear" film adaptation, the old taiwanese version w/ english track, though it deviated from the story on the 2nd half and cut many scenes, to expected I guess....

Thanx...
    Last edited by szfong; 08-20-13 at 02:59 PM.

Yep,
    I've got word versions of the
    1) "The Swordsman Journey" (incomplete)
    2) "Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear",

Wish we could finish The Swordsman Journey... think it is about 85% done.

I'm hoping over the next 6 to 8 weeks I can get all the extant online translations posted in ebook.

I'd like to get more stuff translated (finish off Jin Yong), but I don't read Chinese and recruiting translators is slow... pros want to get paid, obviously.

Your like me, have mastery of the Chinese spoken language, but no written comprehension. Hence, I get around it by using screen readers, probably used by visually impaired people.

Maybe... except the only Chinese words I know are from Shaw Brothers movies...

Quote Originally Posted by jack_ingoldsby View Post
    Maybe... except the only Chinese words I know are from Shaw Brothers movies...
    LMAO!

The movies were where i picked up a bit of Chinese...first complete sentence was from a baddie to another: "ta ma terk" (his mom's)

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    kaister and sanskritsutras's translations are at:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...g#.UhOo3D-gjeM
    But sanskritsutras only did a 'half baked' translation from chapter 31 onwards. It is only half-finished then? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by WesY2K View Post
    But sanskritsutras only did a 'half baked' translation from chapter 31 onwards. It is only half-finished then? :-)
    Yeah, it is kinda half baked, I had to use a screen reader to better/finally make sense of the entire story. It is actually a really good story... Wished they'd make a new TV series adaptation from it.

it's been a while that wikispaces updated (sept 2013) though.

Quote Originally Posted by dzng5 View Post
    it's been a while that wikispaces updated (sept 2013) though.
    Yes, apologies... have been up to my neck with work. I'm hoping to get back into it in Jan.

Yes, apologies... have been up to my neck with work. I'm hoping to get back into it in Jan.
    no worries jack, really appreciate what you done.

Yep,
    I've got word versions of the
    1) "The Swordsman Journey" (incomplete)
    2) "Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear",

Wish we could finish The Swordsman Journey... think it is about 85% done.

I'm hoping over the next 6 to 8 weeks I can get all the extant online translations posted in ebook.

I'd like to get more stuff translated (finish off Jin Yong), but I don't read Chinese and recruiting translators is slow... pros want to get paid, obviously.
    Actually I am Yufeng, the original translation of the Swordsman Journey.

For the Swordsman Journey, I have actually change some literacy style, starting from 2X chapters and was doing speed translating and typing. I always translate speedy around dec for those who been following The Flower Guarding Bells and the Swordsman Journey. That means, I got to revise the entire chapters as a whole, which is extremely time consuming.

There three reasons why I didn't continue, other than short of time.
    1) There are new characters from 5X Chapters onward and being too perfectionist with inventing new words, I got struck.

2) The first 10 chapters (Chapter 3 onwards) is meant to be a teaser. I never meant to finish it but there are continuous requests for it. So from time to time, i do translate it but it was all draft copies with no checking. In short, I literally translate as I I type while watching tv and music. So there are alot of blind spots.

3) After I have done with the Gu Long online, (九把刀 - Giddens. He getting more famous now and is now a movie director. Very smart guy) and the Xenjo Project, I left for other projects in other company.

No prize for guessing which company.

Almost got into the Chinese Paladin project aww...which is a IP that I do like a lot.

Hi Avidfan

I've read your translation, and it is good. I have actually translated (my maiden attempt) of the first 4 chapters. I also noticed that there are missing passages and chapters in your incomplete translation. (I will acknowledge your work in my updated translation)

Will it be alright if I can continue to work on my translation from Chapter 4 onwards using yours as a base? I can try to fill in the gaps.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peterchang View Post
    Hi Avidfan

I've read your translation, and it is good. I have actually translated (my maiden attempt) of the first 4 chapters. I also noticed that there are missing passages and chapters in your incomplete translation. (I will acknowledge your work in my updated translation)

Will it be alright if I can continue to work on my translation from Chapter 4 onwards using yours as a base? I can try to fill in the gaps.

Peter
    Yes sure, why not =)

The draft is in this link below =)

http://wuxia.2morpg.com/t68-the-swor...-one-by-gulong

Cheers
    Yufeng

We all are hoping the same :-) Will there be an update? The Epub-Library is great!