View Poll Results: Would you sign this petition against burning a live bull in Spain?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

4 80.00%
  • NO

1 20.00%
  • Others, explain.

0 0%

Thread: Would you sign this petition against burning a live bull in Spain?

Default Would you sign this petition against burning a live bull in Spain?

Would you sign this petition against burning a live bull in Spain?
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/fir...of-live-bulls/

While I am against torturing animals, but this is part of Spanish culture and I respect cultures. It's hard to decide.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 06-12-14 at 12:13 AM.

Thanks for alerting us to this practice. I have no problems with killing animals for food if you're hungry but I do not see any type of torture on either animals or humans as entertainment. Traditions connect us to our past but if they continue to cause harm, then they should be stopped. If they were setting a human alight then people would be in arms over this. A bull feels pain too. It is too cruel. I signed up straight away.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Charbydis, I acknowledge that you have good intention but at the same time signing the petition is discriminate against the Spanish culture. Too some extent it's demanding cultural genocide and even racism. Here in Toronto I myself experience cultural genocide against my culture and it was horrible. While I feel bad for the bull but I respect other people culture and against cultural genocide/racism so I glad that I didn't sign the petition. It's up to the Spanish people to decide whether to continue burning live bull, I have no right to demand cultural genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Charbydis, I acknowledge that you have good intention but at the same time signing the petition is discriminate against the Spanish culture. Too some extent it's demanding cultural genocide and even racism. Here in Toronto I myself experience cultural genocide against my culture and it was horrible. While I feel bad for the bull but I respect other people culture and against cultural genocide/racism so I glad that I didn't sign the petition. It's up to the Spanish people to decide whether to continue burning live bull, I have no right to demand cultural genocide.
    Would you sign a petition against female circumcision in Africa? It is a strong part of their culture yet it involves mass mutilation of citizens that has detrimental health consequences that would last a lifetime. I support preserving culture as a part of history but if it will continue to harm people or animals with no benefit to society at all, then I think it should not be part of the future any more. It can be recorded down as a part of history but the actual action should not be allowed to continue. I shall say no more about this topic.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Would you sign a petition against female circumcision in Africa? It is a strong part of their culture yet it involves mass mutilation of citizens that has detrimental health consequences that would last a lifetime. I support preserving culture as a part of history but if it will continue to harm people or animals with no benefit to society at all, then I think it should not be part of the future any more. It can be recorded down as a part of history but the actual action should not be allowed to continue. I shall say no more about this topic.
    While I am against female circumcision, I would NOT sign the petition. It's up to the people of Africa to decide whether they want to change. Regarding issue about Africa or Black commuity, I need to be very careful. If I make some small tiny error when I speak out against it, I will be labeled as racist. The media would come after me and my life will be ruined. There are lot of things going on in Africa that I do not agree with, but I don't dare to speak a word against it. Genocide, ethnic cleansing, child soldiers and child labors are issues that I am against, but I don't dare sign a petition because it's from Africa. Again, it's up to the local people to decide, I have no right to force my belief into them.

Petitions don't usually do anything, but at the same time I don't understand why people think every aspect of a given culture should respected simply because it exists and people practice it. Some things don't deserve respect.

what about female foot binding TC, part of chinese culture rite? u wouldnt sign the petition?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    what about female foot binding TC, part of chinese culture rite? u wouldnt sign the petition?
    No need to sign as foot binding is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    No need to sign as foot binding is long gone.
    just putting things in perspective lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    Or sati, which is an Indian custom that has been practiced not all that long ago. It was banned by Mongols and Europeans. Should Indians be allowed their own customs in this? Or was it "cultural genocide" when the Mongols and Europeans banned this practice?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Or sati, which is an Indian custom that has been practiced not all that long ago. It was banned by Mongols and Europeans. Should Indians be allowed their own customs in this? Or was it "cultural genocide" when the Mongols and Europeans banned this practice?
    While I disagree with Sati, it should be up to the Indian people to decide whether they want to change it or not. I have no right to force my moral values into others.