Thread: Jin flunkies - job security worries after KCY and AYF joined up?

Default Jin flunkies - job security worries after KCY and AYF joined up?

In the earlier parts of LOCH, mercenary warriors such as Sa Tung Teen, Pang Lin Fu, Leung Tze Yung, and Ling Tze Seung Yan were able to live it up because they were the best wulin warriors whom Jin prince Yeun Nan Hung Lit could hire to help him kill Gwok Jing and disrupt the plans of the Mongols and the Sung. Later, however, the Jin were able to recruit West Poison Au Yeung Fung (a Great) and Iron Palm Union Chief Kau Cheen Yan (a near Great) into their service, which would seem to render the other flunkies redundant (though they nevertheless managed to stay on with the Jin until Yeun Nan Hung Lit was captured and executed by the Mongols).

If you were one of those Jin flunkies, however, wouldn't you be concerned about your job security after Kau Cheen Yan and especially Au Yeung Fung joined up? Your new "colleagues" can do your job WAY better than you could ever hope to do, which is usually a very bad sign for a person's job security.

If I were in the Jin flunkies' position, I'd consider applying for work with the Mongols or the Sung after Au Yeung Fung joined up.

OYF was a wild card, he only helped them because it was convenient for himself. He thought there might be some priceless kungfu manual together with the wumu legacy. After this occasion, I dont recall OYF doing anything for the Jins except for the battle at the misty tavern which was also out of selfish reasons (less opponents during the second mount hua meeting). QQR seems a proper lackey though, still if I were Peng and the others I'd stick with the Jins too. Imagine switching to the Mongols just to get your skull cracked in by QQR.

In addition to job security concerns, I wonder if the other Jin flunkies didn't also privately resent the Au Yeungs. Early on, Yeun Nan Hung Lit and Yeun Nan Hong seemed to favor Au Yeung Hak over the others, and at least Ling Tze Seung Yan seemed to bristle over Au Yeung Hak's higher status. Later, when Au Yeung Fung joined up, the other flunkies likely began to feel like redundant errand boys.

Wanyan Honglie, to his credit, didn't really seem to belittle his older, loyal henchmen when he recruited the two top-class ones. I'm sure that he appreciated that the lowly ones were more loyal and easier to command, and that he could trust them to do errands which would be beneath the station of the other two. WYHL knew how to manage people and run a team quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Wanyan Honglie, to his credit, didn't really seem to belittle his older, loyal henchmen when he recruited the two top-class ones. I'm sure that he appreciated that the lowly ones were more loyal and easier to command, and that he could trust them to do errands which would be beneath the station of the other two. WYHL knew how to manage people and run a team quite well.
    Yeah, WYHL does a good job in managing his henchmen. They are loyal to him and working together as a team.