Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if u fall in love with ur...

Default if u fall in love with ur...

arite so i just saw oldboy which is a father/daughter relationship, and this raises a question (that is less extreme lol). let's say u have a long lost sister that u never ever met in your life, but while growing up say in school u fall madly in love with her and she does the same to u. then after a while, u find out her true identity, what will u do?

(if ur a girl, substitute sister with brother)
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Give her a hug and said, "I am sorry".

First, I'd consider keeping him as a boyfriend.

Then my own pragmatism would smack me back down to reality. Incestuous relationships are illegal, dangerous for future children, and socially taboo. Since I care about breaking the law, having healthy children, and fitting in somewhat, I would give up the long lost brother.

There are many men in the world, after all.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Give her a hug and said, "I am sorry".
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    First, I'd consider keeping him as a boyfriend.

Then my own pragmatism would smack me back down to reality. Incestuous relationships are illegal, dangerous for future children, and socially taboo. Since I care about breaking the law, having healthy children, and fitting in somewhat, I would give up the long lost brother.

There are many men in the world, after all.
    but imagine this is your true love, the cinderella / prince on the white horse. do morals/society/science beat true love?

So, what is your opinion on the topic, Lunar?

This is the tough situation. She deserves to know the truth. I will tell her the truth so that we can find a solution together to the tough situation. We can break up the boyfriend/girlfriend relationship and still be best friend helping one another or we if we think we do not want to live without the other then we still can keep the relationship but then we should not have any children at all. Personally, I think it's better to break up and be good brother and sister but sometimes you don't know what you going to do until you are in the situation.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 12-28-13 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    but imagine this is your true love, the cinderella / prince on the white horse. do morals/society/science beat true love?
    I'm a practical person. Also, I hate secrets. The secrecy would eventually make it difficult for me to move forward in the relationship. Besides, true love can happen more than once.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I'm a practical person. Also, I hate secrets. The secrecy would eventually make it difficult for me to move forward in the relationship. Besides, true love can happen more than once.
    interesting thoughts lol

I will break up. I think learning the truth about our real relationship will destroy any romantic feeling I have.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    So, what is your opinion on the topic, Lunar?
    i dunno, i think i will continue on the relationship, i might be prisoner of the moment after watching the movie, but i always like to go with my heart even tho it could be wrong

:edit: actually thought about it today, yea i think id agree with u all lol. this sht is kinda disgusting lol
    Last edited by LuNaR; 12-30-13 at 10:39 PM.

wow tc, being as traditional as u are, im surprised lol

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    wow tc, being as traditional as u are, im surprised lol
    What are you surprised about??

Tell the truth then break up. Then move as far away from him as possible until the love is forgotten or replaced. Incest is wrong, no matter how attracted to the other person you are. If you did not know then, it can be forgiven. But I don't think it is right to continue an incestuous relationship after finding out the truth. It would be hard to forget him if it is my true love but incest is definitely wrong in my eyes.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

It's easy for us to say, but I've read about way too many stories where long-lost family members finally meet up and then eventually end up in a relationship. They say all the longing somehow translates into forbidden love. Now imagine both that AND the fact that you're already in love with this person before finding out...it's a tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Tell the truth then break up. Then move as far away from him as possible until the love is forgotten or replaced. Incest is wrong, no matter how attracted to the other person you are. If you did not know then, it can be forgiven. But I don't think it is right to continue an incestuous relationship after finding out the truth. It would be hard to forget him if it is my true love but incest is definitely wrong in my eyes.
    I can see your point but in most case, the brother/sister are no longer just bf/gf relationship but lover. It's much tougher to break up in this case. If they want to stay together, it's ok with me. However, they should not have any children.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    It's easy for us to say, but I've read about way too many stories where long-lost family members finally meet up and then eventually end up in a relationship. They say all the longing somehow translates into forbidden love. Now imagine both that AND the fact that you're already in love with this person before finding out...it's a tough call.
    It would be the tough call if they are lovers.

I wonder if it would be okay if they do not have a child. What do you guys think? Its hard to find someone you truly love and get along with.
    Aside from that, I recently read an article where the brother and sister separated at birth fell in love when they met in high school, got married and had a deform baby that died. They later found out they were brothers and sisters. So sad....

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I wonder if it would be okay if they do not have a child. What do you guys think? Its hard to find someone you truly love and get along with.
    Aside from that, I recently read an article where the brother and sister separated at birth fell in love when they met in high school, got married and had a deform baby that died. They later found out they were brothers and sisters. So sad....
    It would be ok if they truly love each other. However, they should not produce anymore children.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    It would be ok if they truly love each other. However, they should not produce anymore children.
    First cousins marry each other as well.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    First cousins marry each other as well.
    If they are first cousins (or blood related) then they should never start a relationship to begin with. It's wrong. The case that I was talking about is they didn't know that they are blood related and already deeply in love. I mean if they can't live without each other, then they can stay with each other if they want to but they should never produce any children.

What's wrong with staying single? I don't believe that a person can't live without another person no matter how miserable life becomes. Humans are survivors. They will get through it.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly