Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Characters who invented martial arts during the time frame of their novel

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I'd be happy to watch a drama on Yue Maiden, especially as they can include the entire Wu/Yue war, Fan Li, Gou Jian and Xi Shi story in it - and possibly incorporate Xi Shi's entire legend into the plot. TVB are banned from doing Jin Yong works these days, though.
    hopefully louis can lift the ban and gave them a 2nd chance.

It's just an excuse, though. TVB have shown no interest in doing wuxia over the last few years, and pretty soon they won't have the supporting cast to pull it off...

True, I can't remember the last time TVB did a proper wuxia series. And I can't even imagine the current actors playing wuxia roles.

Quote Originally Posted by devilz91 View Post
    True, I can't remember the last time TVB did a proper wuxia series. And I can't even imagine the current actors playing wuxia roles.
    does the 4 constables count ?

The Four was many many years ago, and was their last wuxia effort. It was really good, though. I personally loved the Four and Face to Fate, but TVB obviously thinks that it's too much effort.

The Four was many many years ago, and was their last wuxia effort. It was really good, though. I personally loved the Four and Face to Fate, but TVB obviously thinks that it's too much effort.
    but they are ok with period drama, those qing dynasty period. imperial court drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman83 View Post
    but they are ok with period drama, those qing dynasty period. imperial court drama.
    Yeah - I hate period drama. It just shows us that they have the wardrobe and setting, but just refuse to move out of their drama/comedy/slapstick comfort zone.

Yeah - I hate period drama. It just shows us that they have the wardrobe and setting, but just refuse to move out of their drama/comedy/slapstick comfort zone.
    TVB has been on autopilot with its formula for years and years. Even in the great "Golden Age" of TVB during the 1980s, it was still very formula-based, but back then, *within* the formula, it did try some original ideas and had good enough actors to keep interesting. I don't think TVB has really tried in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    TVB has been on autopilot with its formula for years and years. Even in the great "Golden Age" of TVB during the 1980s, it was still very formula-based, but back then, *within* the formula, it did try some original ideas and had good enough actors to keep interesting. I don't think TVB has really tried in years.
    now with all those top actors/actress leaving 1 by 1 to china or other tv stations..

the new generation of tvb actors/actress are cmi..

its going to get worse fot TVB.

which is why TVB cannot let HKTV take off at any cost.... With ATV no longer filming serials, TVB will retain a monopoly over the Cantonese serial industry regardless of its mediocrity as long as HKTV does not get its license. China's Mandarin serials are not really competing for the same market.