Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Golden statue swordman

Book 3.2. Humiliating Hong Mong Ling (1)

Shia Pek Tha laughed and said: “This kind of look is your real self. When we met at Tiang An town, at that time you looked just like this so heroic and elegant.”

A maid went in and served a basin of warm water to wash his face. After finish clean up, he followed Shia Pek Tha walked out of the room.

Shia Pek Tha said: “My master has been waiting for you in dining room. Come, follow me.”

Ti Then followed him and asked: “How about Cang kongcu?”

“Already sent out to his home.”

“From the moment we separated in Tiang An town last year, has brother Shia went out from Pek Kiam Po again?”

“No,” Shia Pek Tha said:” Master said that my temper is too hot and harsh so easily clash with others. He didn’t permit me to go out anymore.”

Using this chance, Ti Then asked : “Your master doesn’t like to travel too?”

“Yes, this day he rarely go out from fortress.”

“In this half years he never went out?”

“Ehm..” Shia Pek Tha thought for a moment, “Once he went to Sang Cing Kong temple at Cing Jen to find Cui Tojin (Tojin is called for Taoist disciple). And a couple of days before he just went back here. His hobby this day is playing chess.”

Ti Then who heard this become interested, he asked more : “ When he went outside, are brother Shia or others accompany him?”

Shia Pek Tha thought that he was concern about his master daily life that’s why he replied all the answer without hesitated. So when Ti Then asked about that he replied directly: “No need, he like to travel alone.”

“The distance from here to Cing Jen around 300 li, your master intentionally go there just to play chess with Cui Tojin. Hahaha.. He really is addicted with his hobby..”

Shia Pek Tha laughed and said: “Hahahaha… my master doesn’t have any matter to attend so he travel at ease. Sometimes he went back after almost half years from his travel. Just like this time his travel to play chess with Cui Tojin almost took 4-5 months.”

When Ti Then heard that he became sure that WI Ci TO is the owner of golden statue. His thought: ”Good… looks like you WI Ci To is my owner just because you don’t want your daughter get married to Hong Mong Ling, you had thought this kind of strategy.”

After thought for a while, he asked: “Brother Shia, Looks like your master daughter and Hong Mong Ling brother relationship isn’t bad.”

“Yes” Shia Pek Tha replied. “From the beginning they already has marriage arrangement so maybe 2-3 months later they will marry.”

“Ohh.. that’s why Miss. Wi looked so tense last night.”

“Hahaha.. my sumoay really like Mong Ling sute, so when she saw him with Cang Bun Piauw, of course she became tense.”

While they were talking, they already arrived in dining room. In the middle of the room, there was banquet table. Wi Ci To and an old man wore green clothes already sit there with Hong Mong Ling stood behind those man.

When he saw Ti Then face and makeup became clean and elegant, his face changed color, he watch all over Ti Then body and thought: “Hmm.. That’s him for sure.”

This time he was sure that Ti Then was Lu kongcu that defeated him at brothel Touw Hoa Yuan.

Ti Then walked in slowly, he look all over the old man with green clothes. This man has firm face and looks heroic with his long black beard. He knows that this man is sute from golden dragon swordman WI Ci To, Hien Long Kiam or silver dragon swordman Huang Puh Kiam Pek which is vice owner of Pek Kiam Po. He moved forward to pay respect to Wi Ci To: “I Ti Then pay my respect to Wi Pocu.”

Wi Ci To replied fast with smile: “Don’t be shy, I hope you can sleep well last night.”

“Don’t worry, I can sleep well.”

Wi Ci To point to the old man with green clothes that sit beside him and said “This is my sute, Huang Puh Kiam Pek.”

Ti then turned his body and clapped his hand to pay respect to Huang Puh Kiam Pek, “ I Ti Then, pay my respect to Huang Puh senior.”

“ha..ha..ha..” The silver dragon swordman laughed and said, “ Ti Then is still so young and already achieved such a high skill, really a hero that can bring happiness into Jianghu.”

“Aah.. Senior praise me too high, junior don’t dare to accept this.”

“Brother Ti,” Wi Ci To said,” Please sit down, let’s eat together.”

Without hesitated Ti Then sit down beside WI CI To.

After saw Ti Then sat, Wi Ci To said to Hong Mong Ling and Shia Pek Tha: “You two sit down too and accompany a guest.”

Shia Pek Tha and Hong Mong Ling replied together and sit. 5 people old and young sit together to eat and talk. They were mostly talked about Jianghu matter.

After finished eating, Wi Ci To asked: “Ti Then this time, you come to Gobi what is your purposed?”

“Nothing special. Last month I went to Tian Ci lake to take care of some matter, after back from there, I went around here to visit some old friend.”

“Brother Ti has appointment with your friend?”

“No”, Ti Then said, ”my friend is a scholar. We met in Tiang An town, during that time he always asked me to come to his place. I has visited his place several times so it doesn’t matter if I go or not.”

“If that’s so”, Wi Ci To said gladly, “Brother Ti should stay here for couple of days.”

“Hahaha.. it’s a rare chance to gather around with seniors. Of course me as junior doesn’t dare to reject, it is just..”

Wi Ci To waved his hand to cut his talk, “ Brother Ti don’t be shy, even I don’t know your master but I know that you are upright man, in my life I love mostly to befriend with youngster like brother Ti. So just accept my invitation.”

Ti Then felt hilarious, he thought: “Hmm.. you want me to married your daughter, of course you open handed accept my presence.” But his mouth replied courteously : “Thank you for your attention and kindness to me junior.”

The silver dragon who silent this whole time suddenly asked: “I muster up my courage to ask if your master is still well and healthy?”

“Junior hasn’t met him for 3-4 years, I don’t know his condition this days.”

The silver dragon swordman, Huang Puh Kiam Pek smiled and asked:” Brother Ti using your sword already conquer Jianghu, just by seeing his disciple we know that your master already in highest stage of martial art.”

“I didn’t dare” Ti Then said in modest way, “How high my master skill, junior can’t predict it. But junior success not that high as Senior said. I am just nobody in Jianghu, to put me in that high position, I don’t dare to accept that.”

“Hahaha” , the silver dragon swordman, Huang Puh Kiam Pek said, “ Brother Ti is too modest. When we talked about Tiong Lam Siauw Tojin, he is high skill swordman in Jianghu but brother Ti can match equal with him. From that, it is enough to say that brother Ti martial art already in highest stages.”

“hahaha.. no..no.. It is just coincidentally, it can’t be count as a real skill.”

“I have some wish that is inappropriate, I don’t know if brother Ti can fulfill or not.”

“Please senior order me.” TI Then replied fast.” If junior can do it, I will do it without hesitant.”

“The member of Pek Kiam Po, from below to upper all depend on sword, so if we heard someone has good skill in sword, we all become happy. So if brother Ti didn’t mind, my impolite wish, I want to ask someone to try out your skill. We will finish the duel with light touch. How is it?”

“It’s not a problem, just I am afraid it will make us in bad feeling.”

“Hahaha.. Whoever win or lose don’t put it in the heart, and don’t talk it outside. If we set this rules then it will not make anybody has bad feeling.”

“If that’s so, junior will obey.”

The silver dragon, Huang Puh Kiam Pek looked to Hong Mong Ling and said: “Mong Ling, called someone from white sword to come.”

He didn’t asked for red sword to have a match with Ti Then, This showed that he didn’t expect too high of Ti Then skill.

Looks like Wi Ci To isn’t that calm for his sute decision, but he just glanced at Huang Puh kiam Pek but his mouth shut up.
    Hong Mong Ling heard that his susiok (master sute) didn’t send himself to duel with Ti Then, his heart become disappointed. After thought for a while, he felt it is better to send a white sword swordman to try Ti Then skill first so he can know how high is Ti Then martial arts. He paid respect and went away.

Wi Ci To suddenly said: “Our white sword swordman of course can’t compare to brother Ti, I hope you can show mercy in the match.”

“No.. no…” Ti Then replied fast,” Junior skill is limited, maybe even can’t match with black sword from Pek Kiam Po.”

“Ha..haha.. brother Ti face is so spirited, if I am not wrong, I think even red sword from Pek Kiam Po can’t match you at all.”

“Maybe Wi Pocu predict wrong, red sword swordman from Pek Kiam Po are well trained swordman, how can junior match with them.”

While they were being modest to each other, a melodic voice can be heard.

“Good morning.”

Her face is as fresh as morning dew, She is Wi Lian in that is beautiful.

“Hahaha.. Lian in, Come here quickly and pay respect to Ti-Siauhiap(young hero/warrior). Last night he brought back Mong Ling, and you still hadn’t thanked him.”

At that time Wi Lian In officially paid respect to Ti Then and said : “Ti siauhiap, how are you?”

Ti Then stood up and replied :” Thank’s for your kindness.”

Wi Lian in eyes searched around the room when she saw no Hong Mong Ling, she asked confusedly: “Dad, he didn’t wake up yet?”

“Already awake, it is just Huang Puh susiok asked him to invite white sword swordman to come here.”

Wi Lian In astonished and asked: “Why called a white sword swordman come?’

“To ask a pointer in sword with Ti siauhiap.”

The curiosity of Wi Lian In peek out, she said in excited tone: “Good, it’s been a while I didn’t see a match. When will we start?”

“Wait until Hong Mong Ling bring a white sword swordman come, then we can start right away.”

Just when he finished his word, Hong Mong Ling walked in with a guy from white sword swordman.

The white sword swordman paid respect to Wi CI TO and Huang Puh Kiam Pek, after that to Ti Then and said: “I am Hong Ling An pay respect to brother Ti.”

His words were delicate and polite but his eyes were fierce.

Just one glance, Ti Then already know that opponent had heard a lot of instruction from Hong Mong Ling. But he didn’t care and clapped his both hand to reply. “Nice to meet you.”

Wi Ci To face became serious and said firmly: “Ling An, in white sword your temper is the most harsh, you have trained hard and have a chance to become red sword. Now I give you a chance to have a match with Ti Then, there is high possibility you can’t match with him, but even somehow you win I forbid you to talk about this at all.”

“Yes.” Hong Ling An said and bowed.

“If you violate this order, I will banish you from here.”

Hong Ling An countenance changed and bowed one more time: “Yes”

After speaking, Wi Ci To stood up and said: “Okay, let’s go to backyard.”

Wi Lian In who stand beside become astonished and asked: “Why don’t we go to practice yard?”

“Don’t need”, Wi Ci To said firmly,” Let’s go to backyard.”

He didn’t need to explain why did the duel not done in practice yard, because if everyone thought about it for a while would know about it. Because he would like to protect the face of losing one.

But in Ti Then thought, his purpose was to save his disciple face Hong Ling An. He felt ridiculous. “Hm.. you want me to stay here but didn’t think that I will beat up your disciple, you are really mess up.”

Wi Ci To lead their way to backyard.

Soon, they arrived at backyard. The backyard wasn’t that large just around five feet square. The floor was made from big flat rock so it was suitable for a match.

Wi Ci To stood in the middle of backyard, he glanced over Ti Then waist, when he saw there wasn’t any sword there, he laughed and said: “Ohh, brother Ti didn’t bring any sword?”

“In fact, I had a sword but I broke in my journey, so forcefully sell it.”

“Haaa?” WI Ci To sighed and said, “Brother Ti prefer to sell the sword rather do inappropriate job, really praiseworthy!”

He turned to Hong Mong Ling and said: “Mong Ling, release your sword and lend it to brother Ti.”

“Yes!” Hong Mong Ling said while take off his sword and give to Ti Then by using two hand.

Ti Then took it and examined it, then said: “Hahaha.. good sword.”

“Hahaha..How your feeling? Suitable?” Silver dragon swordman Huang Puh Kiam Pek said with laughed.

“Good…very good.”

“Then let’ start.”

The white sword swordman Hong Ling An paid respect to Wi Ci To and Huang Puh Kiam Pek then drew his sword and walked to the middle of the yard. Clapped his sword by two hand in front of his chest, he said: “Brother Ti, Please give me a pointer.”

“I don’t dare.” Ti Then paid respect back, “Brother Hong, please show mercy.”

He walked to south and stood silently after finish his word.

Hong Ling An saw that he already ready, he steady his stance and his attention focus onward then walk three step forward. He put all his focus on the tip of his sword, gather his chi to dantian.

Ti Then walked three steps forward too, but he didn’t show any stance, his sword still pointed below. This showed that he didn’t care of enemy stance.

When Wi Ci To saw that, he nodded his head and praised secretly to Ti Then steadiness.

Thanks for the fast, and regular update!

Edit: it is getting rather exciting. Great storyline. Can't wait for the update and see Ti beats up this Hong guy...
    Last edited by ycb5959; 01-20-14 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    Thanks for the fast, and regular update!

Edit: it is getting rather exciting. Great storyline. Can't wait for the update and see Ti beats up this Hong guy...
    Me too.

Thank you didilung.

waiting patiently

Book 3.2. Humiliating Hong Mong Ling (2)

But Ti Then steadiness and calmness in Hong Ling An eyes was arrogant, he resolute his mind to give Ti Then a hard lesson.

His eyes glaring sharply to Ti Then, and slowly moved his foot a step forward. He was waiting for a good opportunity to strike hard. But no matter how many step he already moved, he couldn’t throw any strike yet. Because he didn’t get any chance to strike.

Ti Then moved three step forward, but there wasn’t any opening in his defense. Not just Hong Ling An felt that Ti Then superb defense stance, also Wi Ci To and Huang Puh Kiam Pek who stood beside could feel that It was a hard task to attack Ti Then. They became tense up. Wi Ci To evaluation for Ti Then was higher than Huang Puh Kiam Pek, but he couldn’t imagine that Ti Then was this scary. The atmosphere was like the calm before the storm came, even any slightest sound could be heard clearly.

Hong Ling An had tried several stances to bait Ti Then to show any opening. But Ti Then posture was like a Buddha stand steadily with a smiling face.

Two sides wasn’t moving for a quarter hour with nobody attack, but Hong Ling An face already wet with sweat. He looked tired and his breathing become hard and his face became red.

In His heart he felt exasperated, if he could, he would defeat Ti Then in one stroke. The chaos in his heart growing up, more and more, he was losing his calmness.

Wi Ci To could see his condition, and knew that he wasn’t a match for Ti Then, then he sighed and said : “Forget it Ling An, you have been defeated.”

Hong Ling An face became red and withdrawing from the match. He clapped his two hand respectfully and said: “Brother Ti skill is amazing, I am impressed and thank you for your compassionate.”

He knew that if Ti Then want to defeat him maybe at this time he already knock down by him. That’s why he said those words.

Ti Then clapped his sword with two hands to pay back respect and said: “I don’t dare, Brother Hong is too modest.”

“Heiii…” Wi Ci To sighed” Just standing still can made enemy forfeit, you made my eyes open up today.”

Huang Puh Kiam Pek praised too, “Amazing, really amazing. Can’t believe in this young age you already trained to this high stage.”

Hong Mong Ling became furious and said: “Master, let’s disciple ask for pointer from brother Ti. Is it ok?”

“Heeii… Even you aren’t his match.”

“About that, disciple understands.” Hong Mong Ling said. “But no matter what brother Ti is respectful guest, won’t it be too pity if I miss this chance?”

“Okay” WI Ci To said. “If you don’t want to miss out the chance, you can start to ask pointer.”

Hong Mong Ling became glad, he asked for the sword in Hong Ling An hand and went to the middle of the field. He bowed to Ti Then and said:” Brother Ti, please give me some pointer!”

“I don’t dare.” Ti Then said and paid the respect. “The sword in my hand is brother Hong sword, I think it’s better for you to use this one.” He threw the sword to Hong Mong Ling.

“No need.” Hong Mong Ling yell, “let me use this one.” He threw back the sword to Ti Then followed by striking to him.

WI Ci To saw that Hong Mong Ling used the time when he return the sword to attack, his heart became unsatisfied, just when he want to stop it, he became stunned. In that short of time, Ti Then had evaded from the attack.

When Hong Mong Ling strike him, Ti Then didn’t move back to evade but he throw himself forward and with unknown skill already moved to behind Hong Mong Ling body and his hand already caught the sword that threw to him.

When Hong Mong Ling realized he can’t see Ti Then in front, he directly turned back his body fast with left knee half squat but upper body spin fast with the sword swing fiercely to the back.

His swiftness amazed the people that was watching.

Ti Then already predicted that he would strike back like this so he use his sword to accept it and pushed it down. “Cringg” he precisely countered it.

When Hong Mong Ling saw that his attack fail, he spun his sword followed by 7 strike to all over Ti Then body. All the attack was pointed to dangerous spot of Ti Then body. Even though there was a time different between each stroke, but it was so fast that all seven stroke almost done in one time.

But Ti Then didn’t move at all, he countered all the strike with his sword head to head.He easily neutralized the deadly seven stroke from Hong Mong Ling.

At the seven stroke, ‘Crinngg’ Hong Mong Ling felt a huge pressure at his body and he can’t withstand it. He step back several step backward.

“Enough” Wi Ci To yell to stop the match.

“Brother Ti skill is really amazing, I can’t withstand any longer.”

“Hahaha.. Brother Hong praise me too high.”

He know that seven stroke must be ultimate moves from Wi Ci To, so he know that Hong Mong Ling was trying to kill him but he don’t care at all.

Wi Ci To face became uglier, he glared furiously to Hong Mong Ling. He forced smile and said to Ti Then : “Brother Ti sword skill is so high, really surpass my expectation. Really worthy to be called top warrior in Jianghu.”

“No..no.” Ti Then modestly said: “If brother Hong attacked me with his full power maybe I can’t receive the attack.”

After said that, he return the sword to Hong Mong Ling respectfully.

“Have you ever been travel in this Gobi mountain?”

“Not yet” Ti Then said. “I have heard that at Gobi mountain there is Ban Hud Ting peak, Kim Teng and Jian Pay Teng as the most beautiful place in this mountain. I really want to sightsee these.”

WI Ci To look at Shia Pek Tha and said :” Pek Tha, you accompany brother Ti to sightsee and come back here to lunch.”

Shia Pek Tha bowed to accept the order, then he said to Ti Then, “Brother Ti, how’s your modd today for sightseeing?”

“Good.” Ti Then smile.

Two of them excuse themselves to WI Ci To and Huang Puh Kiam Pek. After they disappear, Wi Ci To face became solemn and with fierce eyes he said to Hong Mong Ling : “Mong Ling, don’t you remember what the rules to become a swordman?”

“Master. Please teach me.” Hong Mong Ling head down.

“Hehehe..” Wi Ci To said “if you forgot, I will tell you again, to learn martial art, we must be honest, righteous, and sincere. Don’t be arrogant if you win and don’t be jealous or malicious if you lose.”

“Master is right. “ Hong Mong Ling said frustrated.

“Before.. you fight ferociously, looked like you want to kill him. Why you hate him so much that you want to finish him in one stroke?”

“Disciple know his wrong, because I know his sword skill is very high and amazing that’s why my competitive side show up and beside of that.. I want… I want to try …”

“Try what?” WI CI To asked.

“Disciple suspected that he maybe the veil man that attacked me last night.”

Wi Ci To silent for a while and asked: “Didn’t you say before that the veil man’s age was around fifties?”

“I made my conclusion based on his voice, but maybe he intentionally done that.”

Wi Ci To eyes blinked and said: “What is his reason to camouflage as veil man to beat you and then help you back?”

“Maybe his reason was to get a chance to infiltrate our fortress with high status as respectful guest, and after that do some harmful thing to us.”

“Hmm.” Wi Ci To said, “But our fortress don’t have any grudge with him, he don’t have any reason to harm our fortress.”

“If the villain wants to rob, they don’t have any motive.”

“But Black clothes swordman Ti Then isn’t someone from black forces.”

“No.” Huang Puh Kiam Pek cut in and said: “although the black clothes swordman Ti Then showed his deed as righteous warrior before, but human heart was covered by thick skin so nobody know he was good or bad.”

Wi Ci To said slowly: “I still can’t imagine that he come in our fortress to do harm.”

“Hmm.” Huang Puh Kiam Pek snorted. “he don’t want to explain his background and master, maybe his master is left handed swordman Cian Pit Yuan.”

Wi CI To furrowed his eye brow and said: “But Ti Then didn’t use his left hand in his match.”

“hehehe.. it already past twenty years, maybe Cian Pit Yuan had invent some new moves that don’t use left hand.”

Wi Ci To crossing his hand and move around in the room, after thinking for a while he said: “Ehm.. Cian Pit Yuan as a man isn’t so bad, he just a hot tempered man that want to avenge his right ear that was cut down by me. Why he didn’t come to challenge me directly?”

“Master” Hong Mong Ling said: “We can’t measure a coward thinking with righteous man thinking, maybe Cian Pit Yuan already give up the thought to fight you openly.”

Wi Ci To sighed and said: “If the black clothes swordman is Cian Pit Yuan’s disciple than by seeing Ti Then skill, mostly I am not his match anymore. He should have great confidence to fight me openly. “

“Maybe because Cian Pit Yuan don’t know if his new moves can beat master or not, that’s why he sent Ti Then first to investigate.” Hong MOng Ling said.

Wi Ci To nodded still walking around the room and said: “What you said is make sense, but this is all based on presumption, we can’t hurt anyone before we get the prove.”

“But..master, maybe if, we get the prove that he is Cian Pit Yuan’s disciple, at that time it’s already too late.”

Suddenly Wi Ci To stop walking and asked: “What do you think we must do to him?”

“Whoever strike first, he is stronger. Why we must leave him to be disaster in the future?”

“Bullshit!!!” Wi Ci To yelled furiously.

Hong Mong Ling became pale and head down, “No matter what, I shouldn’t have this kind of thought. But for our future safety, if we don’t do this..”

“Don’t say anymore!” Wi Ci To cut it furiously. “Before we find any prove, I forbid you guys to do anything harshly.”

“Yes master.” Hong Mong Ling replied respectfully.

“Sute (younger martial art brother), you order two red sword swordman to guard him 24 hours. If there is something suspicious report it to us but don’t let him know.”

“Okay.”

“Ohh.. one more. Sent two more to guard 24 hours the attic of book storage.”

---------------------

That afternoon, Ti Then and Shia Pek Tha walked slowly back into the fortress. The official feast for Ti Then arrival was held by Wi Ci To. In the feast, the attending people was still the same Huang Puh Kiam Pek, Shia Pek Tha, Hong Mong Ling and Wi Lian In. What they were talking was around sword techniques from many school in Jianghu, and then the topic move to Ti Then background.

“Brother Ti, I have a question but I hope you won’t feel offended by it.”

“It’s okay.. I won’t mind it. Please ask.”

Pointing Shia Pek Tha, he said: “Last year, when brother Ti help Pek Tha beat Hoa San Ji Koay, at that time when Pek Tha came home he told us clearly that brother Ti skill was in between white sword and red sword of our fortress. But today, it was proven that Pek Tha observation was all wrong. But even he wrong, the gap shouldn’t be that big. After the incident in Tiang An, maybe brother Ti experience some special founding?”

“Not at all.” Ti Then replied fast. “In this year, I myself felt that my skill has improved a lot. Maybe because some experience here and there, but there was nothing special.”

“If it is from your experience you got, then if brother Ti travel more years in Jianghu then you will become unbeatable.”

“You praise me too high. My skill is still far below you two.”

Wi Lian In asked suddenly: “Toako (big brother), how do you think about our people from Pek Kiam Po?”

“Your father skill is so amazing…”

“Don’t talk from martial art point.” Wi Lian In cut it fast.

Ti Then silent for a while and continued: “All the swordman from Pek Kiam Po no one isn’t a famous swordman and righteous warrior in Jianghu. Always defend the weak. That’s why I always respect and admired Pek Kiam Po.

Sorry.. been busy.. I will try to update if I can..

Thanks. I was afraid you abondened the translation.

And...we are live again! - Thanks. Kinda miss the novel.