Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: So...where does that leave Gwok Jing (martial arts level-wise) at the end of ROCH...?

  1. #1
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,621

    Default So...where does that leave Gwok Jing (martial arts level-wise) at the end of ROCH...?

    ...and how do we know?

    This spins out of that other discussion we've been having lately. All the other Greats had opportunities to exhibit their martial arts to some degree towards the end of ROCH, but Gwok Jing fought nobody other than soldiers after his great fight against the Golden Wheel Monk and other Mongol mercenary warriors sixteen years earlier. Where did he stand among the world's greatest living martial artists by the end of ROCH, and how do we know?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Well alongside YG he is actually the most powerful Greats in the end of ROCH..

  3. #3
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    ...and how do we know?

    This spins out of that other discussion we've been having lately. All the other Greats had opportunities to exhibit their martial arts to some degree towards the end of ROCH, but Gwok Jing fought nobody other than soldiers after his great fight against the Golden Wheel Monk and other Mongol mercenary warriors sixteen years earlier. Where did he stand among the world's greatest living martial artists by the end of ROCH, and how do we know?
    So JY the ole fart only remembered he forgot to tell us how great GJ should have been when writing HSDS so he had Zhang Sanfeng tell us how strong GJ was when he felt Wuji's inner power. He didn't mention Yang Guo so there!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Even if Z3F/JY didn't mentioned YG they still have similar inner energy level in quality and quantity since in ROCH when heard Jue Yuan voice he notice that Jue Yuan strength not "inferior" to himself and also comparable with GJ and YD and I never image Z3F/Wuji > Jue Yuan..

  5. #5
    Senior Member CancerLuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    349

    Default

    I believe YG was added in later editions.

    > Where did he stand among the world's greatest living martial artists by the end of ROCH, and how do we know?

    He's probably at the very least better than ZBT.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Internal wise he is considered as stong as YD and Jue Yuan by YG while external/technique wise he is not inferior to ZBT and YG..

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    So JY the ole fart only remembered he forgot to tell us how great GJ should have been when writing HSDS so he had Zhang Sanfeng tell us how strong GJ was when he felt Wuji's inner power. He didn't mention Yang Guo so there!
    Talking about ole farts. Zhang Wuji, when he was poisoned at Brightness Peak, was able to hold that poison in his breath, then exhale it back at the poisoner. This was due to his high level of internal energy, literally qi.

    With his high level of qi, would ZWJ be similarly capable of holding in a fart, and if so, for how long. He was able, with QKDNY, to store multiple strikes from Fan Yao before releasing them at a nearby rock, shattering it. Would ZWJ be capable of storing up multiple farts before releasing them in a typhoon of methane and hydrogen sulphide?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Even if Z3F/JY didn't mentioned YG they still have similar inner energy level in quality and quantity since in ROCH when heard Jue Yuan voice he notice that Jue Yuan strength not "inferior" to himself and also comparable with GJ and YD and I never image Z3F/Wuji > Jue Yuan..
    What was YD's main internal skill?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    What was YD's main internal skill?
    Perhaps his base internal is Dali/Royal Duan Family skill which infuse/combine with WCY Xian Tian Shen Gong (Pre Heaven Art)..

  10. #10
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Perhaps his base internal is Dali/Royal Duan Family skill which infuse/combine with WCY Xian Tian Shen Gong (Pre Heaven Art)..
    Perhaps some remnants of Siu Yiu Sect's Bak Ming Sun Gung from his ancestor, Deun Yu, though Jin Yong never so indicated.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Well I think even without DY Beiming Shengong Dali/Duan Family internal skill quite impressive if We remember how strong Tianlong Monk DYQ and DZM during DGSD time which maybe around pre LOCH Greats/1st Huashan Greats level IMHO..

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Interestingly a strong internal is required to master 6 meridian swords, but the creator never passed this internal on so nobody was able to master it until DY by accident.

    One would think of you were to pass on a skill, you would also passed on the secret sauce.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-06-19, 10:31 AM
  2. Who is foremost Gwok Jing's martial arts teacher(s)?
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-26-10, 02:53 AM
  3. Replies: 115
    Last Post: 09-12-09, 12:32 AM
  4. The martial arts level of various ROCH characters
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-20-08, 04:28 PM
  5. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-18-05, 04:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •