Thread: Gilded Chopsticks (食為奴)

Default Gilded Chopsticks (食為奴)

Gilded Chopsticks (食為奴)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.dramacool.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Gilded-Chopsticks.jpg')

Starting
    Wong Cho-lam
    Ben Wong
    Stephanie Ho
    Joey Meng
    Nancy Wu
    Louis Cheung
    Power Chan

TVB has no young actresses. WTH! Joey Meng is OVER 40 years old and still plays a young girl. LOL! Ben Wong plays Yongzheng.

I gave it a try since I like Ben Wong and Nancy Wu but oh! It was horrible!

I think it had some of the worst-looking and miscasted Qing princes ever who had the worst-looking colour clashing costumes. B]Pink and blue do not work for a guy, especially an evil guy.

The girls, as mentioned above, were too old for their roles. And there is no real depth to their characters.

I was not intrigued by the love triangles, the co-called political conflicts or the kitchen spats. It was quite boring for me. Plus they got the whole history thing wrong. And Wong Cho Lam was ultra annoying in here. Not even Louis Cheung could save his badly written character. Only Ben Wong seems to shine in here. Everyone else with the costumes and props and bad dialogue seems to be sinking in quicksand.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly