Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Incisive Great Teacher 《犀利仁师》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Huo Zheng Yan

Finished the last episode last night. Such an enjoyable series! I'm so glad the main conflict involving Nicky and all the politics was resolved before the first half of the last episode. This left the majority of the last episode for tying up loose ends and returned the focus back to the students. The way they linked the ending scene back to the first episode completed the story cycle and gave it closure. Very satisfying (and funny!).

I'm not sure if I missed it in the last few episodes but I remember that Nie Wen Xing (the other undercover teacher) told GuiGui's character (Song WenWen) that if she was successful in passing the examination and became an official, she would be able to someday clear her father's name. But only one student in the 5year later epilogue claimed to have passed the examination and became an official. So does that mean Song WenWen wasn't able to clear her father's name? That's kinda messed up. Her father's disgrace was one of the main reasons why she had to disguise herself to avoid being harmed and wasn't able to live openly in the first place.

If this cast does come back for another around, I hope they do something about that. Given Nicky's character and Nie Wen Xing's huge amount of respect for Song WenWen's father, it's hard to believe they wouldn't go all out to help her.

Insane craving for meat buns, no thanks to GuiGui.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd334/yuehyin/meatbuncrazy_zpsoaikz2bu.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd334/yuehyin/Meat%20Bun%20Bun_zpskswzdcrl.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd334/yuehyin/guiguimeatbun_zpsylfc9tp9.jpg')

The animation was one of the few things that turned me off the first episode but then when I finally sat down to watch it I enjoyed all the little animation.

The poor little bun that was shunned by all the other ones.

I get what you mean about Son Wen Wen's father, I thought they'll give some time to get this resolved but they didn't.

The story picks up 4 years later but it feels less than that. Fong Da Tong only just passed his exams while Song Wen Wen has been a teacher for 4 years. I guess allowing girls to go to school means they get to go to school but not actually become officials. That was probably why both the teachers told Song Wen Wen that if she stayed and went for the exams, she'll never be able to recover her female identity.

I don't think this story has any room left for a season 2 but the whole cast can come back for another series along the same line. They work well together.

Am I the only one who found it annoying that everyone was constantly going on and on about how great and smart and perfect Nicky's character was?
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I don't think this story has any room left for a season 2 but the whole cast can come back for another series along the same line. They work well together.

Am I the only one who found it annoying that everyone was constantly going on and on about how great and smart and perfect Nicky's character was?
    Oh, you meant the cast coming back in a different series. I misunderstood. But a different series with that cast would still be awesome. They really did a good job tying up loose ends in here, didn't they? Not resolving SongWenWen's father's disgrace was really the only thing I could nitpick at.

They did glorify Nicky's character but it might just be because the students are supposed to be young (my impression was late teen/early 20s?) and they look up to Nicky as an adult who thinks out of the box to help and motivate them. Reminded me a bit of GTO, that kind of student to teacher admiration. And he really did do a lot for them during the time he was at the school.