Thread: HK heart-throb Louis Koo earned $ 48 MIL in 2013, SECRETLY built 61 schools in China

Thumbs up HK heart-throb Louis Koo earned $ 48 MIL in 2013, SECRETLY built 61 schools in China

HK heart-throb Louis Koo earned $ 48 MIL in 2013, SECRETLY built 61 schools in China

CHINA - In the past five years, Louis Koo (古天樂) has been secretly building public schools in mainland China to help young children in need of proper education.
    According to an article in Popular Asians, by the end of 2013, the Louis Koo Charitable Foundation had already successfully built 61 public schools spread across China in remote regions of Sichuan, Gansu, Guangxi, and Guizhou.
    The Louis Koo Charitable Foundation was established in 2008 after the drastic earthquake that hit Sichuan, China. Schools and homes were destroyed, and families were left hopeless.
    Witnessing the problematic situation, Louis hoped to help the less fortunate through donations. All these years, he has kept a low profile regarding the good deeds he has done and preferred to keep them away from the limelight.
    When the press earlier phoned Louis to ask about how much he had spent building the schools, he replied via his manager that he does not wish to talk about money and had only wanted to focus on helping those in need.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.edvantage.com.sg/sites/default/files/public/styles/article_main_620_400/public/article/images/featured/20140226_wyinferno-louis-koo_ST%281%29.jpg?itok=oO_Ab8m8')

Each year, Louis busies himself shooting films, advertisements, and attending promotional functions. Reportedly, he pocketed 236 million RMB (S$48.7 million) in 2013. According to market estimations, it currently costs approximately 500,000 RMB to build one school in mainland China.
    Besides making donations, Louis also closely monitored the building progress of his schools. He sent a few workers to supervise the procedures and made sure the buildings were constructed safely and solidly. The 61 school buildings included lecture rooms and dormitories.
    Louis' fans were extremely touched by his good deeds and how he has always maintained such a low profile when discussing his charitable work.
    Netizens sent him thankful messages and expressed their gratitude. -Asiaone

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/in...#ixzz2uaL9gcNX

Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/in...#ixzz2uaL2CkX7
    Follow us: @MsiaChronicle on Twitter

Louis Koo really earns my respect and admiration. Only wish more celebs return some appreciation to the poor and deserving.

I am also touched by Louis's donations. Not only did he donate, but did so quietly without using it as promotion tool. Though he is not one of my fav actors, but I do respect him and his values. I heard that he has a small longstanding benign tumour in his brain as well. I do really wish Louis good health and happiness.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

That's really nice of him, he has a heart full of gold.

Louis is a great guy. Wish him the best regarding his tumor.