Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Imperial Doctress 《女医·明妃传》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Huang Xuan

Quote Originally Posted by 12blbl View Post
    I think Qi yu also raped her ,and somehow she became his concubine, i think i'm gonna pass this
    Oh gosh!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

According to a phone screenshot of the script , he did it in rage as he believed she was not a chaste woman. ShiShi only had to "啊“ and it was over.

I think Qi yu also raped her ,and somehow she became his concubine, i think i'm gonna pass this
    After watching the new trailers, I'm liking Qi Zhen more and more while loathing Qi Yu more and more. Qi Yu and Wang Meilin deserve each other. Qi Zhen is always protecting Yun Xian, but WHY doesn't she like him (history be d*mned!)? I'm still hoping that she and him will get together in the end. Think I'm just going to watch all Qi Zhen + Yun Xian scenes.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/tXVBoAN.jpg')

Actually if i'm not mistaken, in the history, yun xian didn't have any romance relationship with both brother, she had ordinary husband

It's starting tomorrow! Can anyone tell me where can I watch this? And what is the screening schedule like?

Actually if i'm not mistaken, in the history, yun xian didn't have any romance relationship with both brother, she had ordinary husband
    She lived in the reign of Qi Zhen's son, so no, she did not have anything to do with either brother, which one of them died before she was born. And she had an ordinary husband and died naturally.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by riley.elizabeth View Post
    It's starting tomorrow! Can anyone tell me where can I watch this? And what is the screening schedule like?
    The WH Vietnam FanClub/Facebook posted a link to the broadcast. Check out their FB: https://www.facebook.com/WallaceHuo.VNFC/
    I think it's 5-6 days/week (not sure) at Beijing time 7.30pm. Next broadcast is tomorrow 14 February.

http://bilutv.com/phim/nu-y-minh-phi-truyen-451.html

This is Vietsub for The Imperial Doctress.. they already have 2 episode sub in Vietnamese..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k43...7fsbT4?start=9
    Place to watch the latest Emperial Doctoress..

Is anyone else watching The Imperial Doctress? Out of the (many!) new releases this month, it's my favorite so far. It's not crack-level entertainment like Bu Bu Jing Xin or Lang Ya Bang, but it's way more watchable than Chronicles of Life and prettier than Xiao Shi Yi Lang.

I'm not a Wallace Huo fan, but I love the chemistry/relationship between his character and Liu Shi Shi's lead!

watching it.. really good so far.. Viet sub to 7 already... Viki only 1 right now..
    waiting for tomorrow..

I find myself more interested in the fox spirit drama due to sheer number of actresses. Will complete Doctress later.

Just caught up to episode 6
    Watched it on official QQ video platform with rolling comments by other china viewers , more interesting to watch it with this added layer of interaction
    LSS's scenes are VERY interesting ... while I skip over the Prince&Dowagers scenes

Just watched episode 15! So far so good, loved the dance scene with Wallace. He's such a cutie. Really suits his role but he doesn't end up with LSS Makes me really sad. Ugh, they have such wonderful chemistry. I never really like the dude that plays QiYu... Also the same guy who played Huang Xie from Mi Yue Zhuan. Why can't dramas give us the LSSxWallace OTP T_T... they did this with LSSxHuGe in Da Mo Yao too... LIKE WHY?! I need some fan service!

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    She lived in the reign of Qi Zhen's son, so no, she did not have anything to do with either brother, which one of them died before she was born. And she had an ordinary husband and died naturally.
    I read she lived a long life, she died at age 93, is that right?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Can someone tell me if the Abbess at the nunnery, what her relationship with the two brothers is? The Empress Dowager seem really pissed off knowing the emperor has communication with the shi tai.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

And I can't believe the Mongolian guy is already here in ep 9, he's the one who holds Wallace captive later on.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrossTime View Post
    Just watched episode 15! So far so good, loved the dance scene with Wallace. He's such a cutie. Really suits his role but he doesn't end up with LSS Makes me really sad. Ugh, they have such wonderful chemistry. I never really like the dude that plays QiYu... Also the same guy who played Huang Xie from Mi Yue Zhuan. Why can't dramas give us the LSSxWallace OTP T_T... they did this with LSSxHuGe in Da Mo Yao too... LIKE WHY?! I need some fan service!
    Sorry, I liked LSS with Eddie Peng in Da Mo Yao, I didn't care for Hu Ge's character in DMY.

Chinese dramas move so fast-- already up to episode 18!

Suet Seung, not positive what the exact relationship is between the abbess and the empress dowager, but I think the abbess was close with the previous empress dowager? Either way, she's closely connected to the royal family through several generations and is on the side of the emperor.

The Imperial Doctress is such a mixed bag for me. There's a whole bunch of stuff I fast forward through (the ongoing struggle between the emperor and the empress dowager, two episodes of Liu Shi Shi/Yun Xian living among the theatre troupe, Yun Xian's relationship with her dad), but the romantic threads are compelling so far. JoleCole recently posted a lengthy article on the love triangle and there might be some hope for Wallace/Qi Zhen fans! Huang Xuan is perfectly decent in his portrayal of Qi Yu, and I can see why Yun Xian is drawn to him, but Yun Xian as a character is way more fun to watch when she's joking around with Qi Zhen.

The script/production isn't abysmal, but it's nothing to write home about, either. My favorite unintentional LOL moment so far was when:

click to show/hide spoilers
    Qi Yu and Qi Zhen learn at the same time that Yun Xian was killed (turns out she survived, but they don't know). Qi Zhen collapses on his throne, and a beat later, Qi Yu literally spits out blood. It's like they're competing to have the more melodramatic reaction (blood wins, I guess).