Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Imperial Doctress 《女医·明妃传》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Huang Xuan

JoleCole posted again about this show and it sounds like
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Wallace/Qi Zhen gets the girl after all! It makes more sense now why he gets all the slow mo/dancing in the snow moments with Liu Shi Shi/Yun Xian

Quote Originally Posted by panda-pop View Post
    JoleCole posted again about this show and it sounds like
    Wallace/Qi Zhen gets the girl after all! It makes more sense now why he gets all the slow mo/dancing in the snow moments with Liu Shi Shi/Yun Xian
    panda! you are my bringer of good news <3 i love you :3

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Can someone tell me if the Abbess at the nunnery, what her relationship with the two brothers is? The Empress Dowager seem really pissed off knowing the emperor has communication with the shi tai.
    Is she probably his biological mum?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

the abbess is his aunt...

Quote Originally Posted by AcrossTime View Post
    panda! you are my bringer of good news <3 i love you :3
    Haha anytime! It makes me much more excited to watch this series TBH.

Doesn't seem like many others on this forum are watching, but in case there's lurkers, DeerDrama also posted a quick review of the first 17 episodes.

I really didn't want to watch this series, but I was bored thought give this series a try, I am a sucker for QiZhen, so foul mouth but yet he would do anything for our leading lady! It's like The glamourous Imperial concubine all over again lol, Liu LianCheng is seen in QiZhen. Ahhh I can't wait to watch the captive part!!

http://dramawithdrawals.blogspot.sg/...ighlights.html
    a good thread to read about this series..this blogger recap from episode 1-7...

What is Empress Qian like? How come Qizhen still fell in love with Yunxian despite having her? I know that the Emperor can have many consorts, and I haven't started watching the drama. I am just curious about the story between Qizhen and his Empress.

Quote Originally Posted by riley.elizabeth View Post
    What is Empress Qian like? How come Qizhen still fell in love with Yunxian despite having her? I know that the Emperor can have many consorts, and I haven't started watching the drama. I am just curious about the story between Qizhen and his Empress.
    The empress is a little older (she's in her mid-twenties) than the emperor and Qi Yu, but grew up with both of them. Her relationship with the emperor/Qi Zhen is interesting. They're definitely a real couple and he respects her, going as far as to not "visit" the other consorts so that they won't have a child before she does. Granted, some of that is due to the fact that the other consorts were planted by the empress dowager, so he doesn't trust or particularly like any of them for that reason.

I don't think Qi Zhen loves his empress romantically, though. He probably sees her more like family-- someone who has always been on his side and takes care of him. It's nothing like how he feels toward Yun Xian, and the empress seems well aware of it. Fortunately, she's written as a kind, level-headed character who can rise beyond jealousy, and she and Yun Xian even become good friends. She does love Qi Zhen, but her love is the kind that wants the best for him versus possessing him.

@panda-pop Thank you for your answer! I like her (from the photos and trailers), and am relieved to know that she is a good person. =)

Quote Originally Posted by riley.elizabeth View Post
    @panda-pop Thank you for your answer! I like her (from the photos and trailers), and am relieved to know that she is a good person. =)
    Glad to help! I don't think she turns into a bad guy at any point, either, which is refreshing.

Another blogger here recapping the first seven episodes for those of you getting by without subs.

Am glad to hear that Wallace's bad luck with girls might be changing in this drama...hopefully Huge's luck will change too?

As much as I want to see Wallace break his bad luck chain...its getting really difficult to continue with this show...Princess Jieyou and The Foxes of Azure Hill are more addicting then this show...perhaps I have grown tired of LSS portraying yet another 15/17 year old girl with alot of guys falling / fighting for her? And I think her father's way too mean!

Am i right to say that besides Wallace, and the other hotie (who plays Wallace's brother), there's another guy whom I see her exchanging wine with in some kind of ceremony in the opening credits? That makes it 3 right?

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    Am glad to hear that Wallace's bad luck with girls might be changing in this drama...hopefully Huge's luck will change too?

As much as I want to see Wallace break his bad luck chain...its getting really difficult to continue with this show...Princess Jieyou and The Foxes of Azure Hill are more addicting then this show...perhaps I have grown tired of LSS portraying yet another 15/17 year old girl with alot of guys falling / fighting for her? And I think her father's way too mean!

Am i right to say that besides Wallace, and the other hotie (who plays Wallace's brother), there's another guy whom I see her exchanging wine with in some kind of ceremony in the opening credits? That makes it 3 right?
    Yep, Liu Shi Shi has love lines with three guys in this drama.
    The third guy is the leader of the nomadic tribe that Wallace's character is fighting against. He met Yuan Xian (Liu Shi Shi's character) when he snuck into the capital by posing as a sick person (well, he was actually sick) to scope out the state of things there. Yuan Xian treated him at the temple and left a strong impression on him. I think she's going to meet him again soon, since she's stuck in the battle zone and Wallace's character has been captured.

The actor who plays the third guy is also in Princess Jieyou! He plays the first king that Jieyou marries.

whoever not watching this is missing out.. the story is getting better and better..

Quote Originally Posted by panda-pop View Post
    The actor who plays the third guy is also in Princess Jieyou! He plays the first king that Jieyou marries.
    I saw a BTS video in which the actor (Yuan Wen Kang) was teaching Liu Shi Shi the correct way to check the pulse on the wrist. Amusing ))

Finally understood why the viewer *star ratings on QQ video channel kept dropping every week. It's all these gross scenes of vomit and giant zit ! The china viewers cannot accept it.

The story isn't bad I'm vaguely keeping up with the episodes. It's nice that they develop the lead female character in ways that have nothing to do with the romance, and some of the minor characters are pretty cool... however having said that I'm disappointed by the quality of acting from Wallace and Liu Shishi, I feel like I've seen better from them individually. So at the end of the day, all the good writing or interesting turns can't get me to care about the leads as individuals, much less as the OTP.

Caught up to episode 40 over 2 days, fast forwarded boring palace bad-guys .
    Wow there are so much bloopers and low quality special effects scenes. Endless puking of blood and water fountain got the viewers laughing.

Don't know what you mean... This drama it #1 online and at that time slot....